Relaxing in the Common Room;; Open - Page 7
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Relaxing in the Common Room;; Open - Page 7 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Relaxing in the Common Room;; Open

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Relaxing in the Common Room;; Open - Page 7 Empty Re: Relaxing in the Common Room;; Open

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:04 am

Catalina frowned, concerned as she wiped away Sterling's tear, keeping her hand on his cheek. Her sapphire eyes were full of sincerity as she scooted closer to him, so that he would not look anywhere but at her. Sterling was a tortured soul, she could see that, and she knew exactly what he was feeling.

For a long moment, she didn't know what to say, but she simply kept her hand on his, the sincerity leaking out of her very core. Finally, she whispered, "I had someone leave me who proclaimed that he loved me with all he had. I had given him everything, and I felt that after him, no other man would ever want me." She paused, flashing another reassuring smile.

"But, I chose to look to the bright side. I did not want to lose my soul, Sterling. When you find yourself at the end of the path of darkness, you will never be able to get out. Just look at the Dark Lord. He will kill anyone that displeases him, but me, I will never give up on someone that has potential at being good. Some can never be saved." Catalina tried to portray that she felt as if he himself could be saved, and she would do anything to keep him from the darkness.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Relaxing in the Common Room;; Open - Page 7 Empty Re: Relaxing in the Common Room;; Open

Post by Sterling Silver Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:17 am

Her hand felt so warm on his. He kept his thoughts away from Chase. Her Sapphire blue eyes brought out the deep light gray in his. He couldn't believe she had had the same experience. Maybe Voldemort wasn't the only person in the world who would offer him a helping hand...

"Catalina, I need your help," Sterling said, gazing intently at her. "I don't want to go Dark, but... but... when I've been betrayed so badly... when I'm so weak... what other choice do I have?" he asked softly, tears trickling freely down his face. His finality of the lack of emotion seemed feeble now... what did it really matter?
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:26 am

Catalina instantly pulled him into her arms, careful to keep her embrace weak in case he wished to pull away. She wiped away his tears again before saying, "I will do everything in my power to aid you, Sterling." She flashed him a gentle smile. "You always have more than one choice. That is what makes us who we are. You can choose to put the person who hurt you in the past and look towards the future."

She stared at him silently for a moment and then whispered, "Sure, it will be hard sometimes to erase those memories, but you do not need to forget, just move on. I can help you with that. To be honest, I find myself cracking when I think of Deimos, but I usually think of something brighter afterwards." Her sapphire eyes twinkled gracefully as they stared into his lightened gray orbs.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:32 am

Sterling allowed himself to be taken into embrace by Catalina. He held her harder than she held him. He allowed his breath to be taken away, catching and stopping, his heart fluttering along with it. He forced himself not to think of it that way. Catalina was a live raft, bringing him back to safety.

"I've already started taking lessons... Lessons about the Dark Arts." he told her shamefully. "They would... they would kill me if I backed out now!" he said.
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:00 am

Davina just sat quietly, listening to the conversation. She was a Death Eater now. Catalina knew nothing about it though. Not a thing. She was just acting normal. They both were. Sterling however, she had no idea what he knew and what he didn't so she just kept quiet around him. She couldn't tell anyone, not a soul. She wouldn't betray the Dark Lord. His word was law, and she would obey.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:04 am

Sterling noticed Davina for the first time since he had first entered the room. Perfect, unshaking, bright, shy Davina. Uncorruptable. The thought of shame made him look quickly away from her... not wanting her to see him in this state while she remained unchanged from the last time they had met. He turned his eyes back to Catalina, where there was warmth, and concern, and love. He would much rather look there.
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:11 am

Davina saw Sterling look at her. Then look away again! She had thought they were friends. Was it obvious to him what she had done? Was it like she had a sign on her forehead screaming 'Death Eater' or something? She didn't know what she had done. That wasn't true. She knew exactly what she was in for. It was the best thing, she knew. Davina thought she knew, anyway. Now Sterling was ignoring her. She hid the emotion from her face. She was good at it, she'd had years of practise. She buried her face in a book, although for once in her life she wasn't actually reading it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:42 am

Catalina gazed at Sterling gently, still keeping eye contact. She allowed a smile to filter onto her lips before she said, "You can always back out, Sterling. The Dark Arts are not the right path. They are evil and should never be used." She looked up at Davina, wondering why she was being so quiet.

Reaching out a hand, she touched Davina's arm and said, "Are you alright, dear?" Her sapphire eyes stared at Davina's, waiting for her friend to meet her eyes. Her first friend.

Instantly, Catalina frowned, knowing that Davina was hiding something from her. She could see it in Davina's eyes. She had seen it earlier, but had looked past it. Now, her heart twittered with pain.

"You are not telling me something," she whispered silently, staring intensely at Davina.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:47 am

Sterling gazed at Catalina. "Please help me," he said again. "I want out! But... but... what will they DO to me?" he asked. He imagined a spy lurking, listening to the conversation he was having, running off to the Dark Lord to tattle on his weakness. Davina was the only one in close proximity, and Sterling was reassured. There were not Death Eaters here... he could speak freely.

"I want to tell you everything Catalina... but I can't. It would hurt too bad to say out loud." he said.
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:51 am

Still waiting for Davina to reply, Catalina gazed back at Sterling very tenderly. She touched his cheek and said, "They will do nothing to you if you allow me to help you. I can keep you safe. I will keep you safe."

"You may tell me anything when you are ready to," she whispered kindly, flashing him another reassuring smile.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top