A Birth day - Page 81
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 81 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 81 of 81 Previous  1 ... 42 ... 79, 80, 81

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 81 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Oct 14, 2024 11:21 pm

"You're welcome, but I don't think I really did anything," Edward said. "I don't know what the attorney will want or not want. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm glad you're feeling better, though."

Marcus and Victor restocked the firewood, trying to be quiet and not clatter the firewood noisily into the basket. They were hoping not to wake Angus up.

"I brought you two changes," Marcus said quietly, "but honestly, I presumed you might be able to get free to head home a bit quicker than I might be. And, I also figured you might want to pick your own clothes.

They weren't inside more than a few minutes when a loud clap of thunder and a close bolt of lightning sounded, and then it started to rain. Marcus and Edward both looked outside.

"Well, that blew up quickly," Edward said. "Those are some very black skies out there."

"And if Angus were awake, he could tell us how far out the center of that is, and how long he thinks it might last."

"Those maritime lessons still pay off from time to time," Edward nodded. "I'm certainly not an expert, but those storm clouds go as far as the eye can see, so we could well be into a rainy afternoon and evening. It'll be a good night to be in. Oh--The Fae are coming over. I think they're looking to get out of the storm, and that's probably appropriate." Edward opened the door, and the Fae flew in and they scattered themselves through both sides of the house so they wouldn't be a burden in any particular room. Edward shut the door and secured it.

"Suppose we should include them for supper?" Marcus said.

"Why not?" Simone asked. "It isn't like they eat much. I know we still have their dining supplies somewhere. I just don't know where."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23802
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Oct 14, 2024 11:28 pm

Ruby nodded she agreed with Edward about the attorney and what he would want. " I'm guessing proof shes the culprit and of Angus injuries and that she inflicted them on him." she said softly as she watched Marcus bring in some extra wood. It was now she heard the boom of thunder and glanced at Angus seeing him still sleeping.

Aria looked at Marcus and chuckled " I would but with that I'll take what you brought over, i'm sure Ruby will let me use her room to shower and change" she said as Ruby smiled and nodded.

"be my guest" Ruby said to Aria then saw the fae fly in " they are always welcome here" she said smiling as Minos landed on her shoulder. " hes doing much better" she said to him thinking that was what he wanted to know.

ria grabbed the bag and headed up to Angus and Ruby's room , quickly choosing her outfit she showered and changed into clean clothing making her feel like herself again, this time she left her hair down to flow over her shoulders as she walked back down. " I so needed that, thank you Ruby , you too Marcus" she said and chuckled , she placed her dirty clothing in the washer and set it going.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5331

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Oct 14, 2024 11:45 pm

As they were finishing putting the wood in the firebasket, a note fluttered through the floo, but the thing seemed to go bananas, flying irratically in every direction. Anise and Ginger both rolled their eyes and looked at each other.

"Evie," they both said at the same time.

"Evie?" Marcus asked as the note fluttered around like a drunken canary.

"She's learning how to send floo notes but she doesn't have an ounce of control with them," Anise said. "She needs to stop. She's so bad at it. I mean, that right there is a case in point."

"It'll come down eventually," Marcus said, as the thing seemed to try to dive bomb Ruby.

"Or not," Edward frowned. "Get it, Ruby. Looks like that's Evan's blue paper, so it's probably from him."

"We talked to Faith and Evie this morning after breakfast," Ginger said. "They probably told Evan about last night when Evan came home for the day."

"If that's the case, then there is a 100% chance that Evan is offering to come and help with Angus if we need him. Frankly, I think that would be a fine night time nurse so Marcus here can get some sleep," Edward said.

"I'm fine," Marcus said.

"You haven't left him for more than a few minutes since you found him last night. You have to get some sleep sooner or later," Edward told him.

"I'm not leaving," Marcus said.

"Fine. Don't leave him, then. Just go the hell to sleep tonight," Edward said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Oct 14, 2024 11:51 pm

Ruby saw the note flutter in and around the room erratically then try and dive bomb her as it came close she grabbed it out of the air and opened it " yep its from Even" she said handing it to Robert to read. Ruby chuckled as the girls explained why Evie should stop with trying to send notes threw the floo " give her time she'll get it" Ruby said " hopefully before I get dive bombed again" she added and chuckled.

Aria heard Robert talk to Marcus and nodded " I'll make sure he gets some sleep" she said looking at Marcus as she spoke again " I can take a shift watching over him while you sleep then I can sleep while " she said smiling to him. Hoping this would allow both of them to relax knowing some one would be watching Angus.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Yesterday at 12:06 am

Edward took the note and opened it.

"Exactly what I thought. Evan wants to come and be of some sort of use. I say we let him come. It is his brother, after all. If worse comes to worse, someone will try to break in, and Evan will just blow them to bits. He has started lately to really like some of the pyrotechnics he's learned from Angus. It started with Robert's bubbles and went straight to hell from there."

"You know," Simone said, grating fresh parmesan over the spinach salad, "we do have three empty guest rooms. Aria and Marcus could use one for the duration of this."

"I don't see a reason why not," Edward said. "Hopefully Angus will be well on the mend in another day or so, and we can go back to our normal routine. Minos and Angus get along well, after all."

At that moment a bolt of lighting struck one of the trees in the backyard, and the branch went crashing through the floor to ceiling window right above Angus's bed. Marcus dived forward, onto the bed and onto Angus to protect him from the huge tree limb and from flying glass. The limb and the glass landed on Marcus and not on Angus. Marcus winced from the weight of the limb and the fact that it knocked him in the back of the head, but he knew his job. It was his job to take the bumps and bruises instead of Angus.

"Damnit!" Edward was furious. He was instantly concerned for Angus' emotional reaction and for more damage to his broken bones. He immediately hit his medallion to summon Robert. Angus woke instantly of course, badly frightened, too frightened to even call out or breathe.

"Sorry, Mate, sorry," Marcus said quickly to Angus. "It's me. Just me. I've got you. I'm right here."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Yesterday at 12:16 am

Ruby looked at Edward and smiled nodding " agreed I'll reply he can come" she said and wrote the note as she was about to send it she jumped hearing the loud band as lightning struck the tree sending its limb threw the roof taking out her wand she turned to see it resting on Marcus " wingardum leviosa" she said lifting it off him and placing it down on the floor.

Aria moved quickly to check Marcus and move him off Angus " your okay we're here" she said softly to Marcus and sat him down on a chair next to Angus " where are you hurt?" she asked as she checked him over. Looking to Edward she spoke again " I think we will take up your offer of that room." she said hoping Marcus was not to badly hurt but she could see some blood from the back of Marcus head.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Yesterday at 5:54 pm

"No, wait! Wait!" Marcus leaped up, knowing his job was to make sure Angus was alright. "No, my job is there. Right there." Fearing Angus would come apart at the seams from one more fright, Marcus rushed back to Angus just as Robert apparated in. He walked immediately over to Angus, seeing that he had to step in to ease both Marcus and Angus.

"Well done," Robert told Marcus with a soothing tone, understanding what a fierce and loyal friend he was to Angus and what a relentless bodyguard he was. He laid his hand on Marcus's shoulder gently. " Now stand down, Son. I'll take it from here. You're bleeding, so go sit so I can work. He's all yours, Aria. Do try to stop him from bleeding all over the furniture and the carpet, won't you? I'll take care of this one over here."

Robert sat with a very confused and frightened Angus. "Sorry about that," Robert said, checking his vitals and casting a mild calming spell. "Big sea storm's rolled inland. You know how bad those can be. This one chucked a tree limb through your window, and your bed is full of glass, I'm afraid. It isn't safe for you in this bed. I know this won't be easy, but we really do have to get you up so we can change the sheets and blankets. With me, let's try."

He very carefully moved back the sheets and blankets and brushed some of the glass out of Angus's way and helped him sit up. He accio'd Angus's slippers and helped him put them on so Angus wouldn't cut his feet on the glass. Edward came over to help Robert get Angus up and move him out of all the broken glass.

"I presume you'll want to tend to Angus's little corner yourself, won't you, Ruby?" Simone asked. "I'll get you a clean set of sheets and a clean blanket and if you need my help, I'll give you a hand."

"I'll get the broom and the dustpan to sweep up all the glass," Ginger said.

"I'll go see if I can find Jack over at the barn to get rid of that big limb and bring some plastic or something to tape over the broken window," Victor said, going to the closet and getting Angus's long waterproof raincoat.

"Be careful, Victor," Robert said. "The winds are at least 50 miles an hour. Keep your eyes open because there will be all sorts of flying debris out there. We keep big sheets of clear plastic and some weatherproofing tape in the barn exactly for that purpose. Jack will know where they are. I can't imagine he won't come back with you, but if he doesn't, that's what you're looking for." Victor headed out the door and fought his way against the wind to go to the barn.

"You lot seen Jack anywhere?" Victor asked the grounds crew who were making sure the animals were safe and calm and tended to. "We need his help at the duplex."

"We're only going a few steps to the sofa, Angus," Edward said. "Not far. We'll do all the lifting and the work." Angus didn't know if he was honestly strong enough to do it, but he didn't make a sound. "Ruby, could you please hurry and get him a towel and some extra clean pillows and another clean blanket right away for the sofa too," Edward told her. "He's going to be wet, cold and uncomfortable without them."

Robert accio'd the broken glass from Angus and deposited it on the floor with some of the broken glass on the floor. Then he and Edward helped Angus from the bed up to his feet, knowing it was likely painful and difficult for him. Edward softly coached Angus through the short distance from the bed to the sofa, and Robert promised he would check in a moment to make sure none of the broken bones had shifted out of place. Angus shivered from the cold air that was rushing through the room from the storm. Edward reassured him they'd dry him off and warm him up too. They lowered him to the sofa and let him sit for a moment, hoping to dry him off and put pillows in place before they laid him down. Robert took advantage of it to check Angus's shoulder and ribs and his arm.

"When I get this broken glass business settled, you're welcome to visit with him for a little before he goes back to sleep again if you like, Ruby," Robert said. "I know you haven't had a chance to do that, given the circumstances."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 81 of 81 Previous  1 ... 42 ... 79, 80, 81

View previous topic View next topic Back to top