A Birth day - Page 80
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 80 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 80 of 81 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 80 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Oct 13, 2024 11:29 pm

"Jack, thestrals are remarkably sensitive, kind and perceptive creatures," Elwood said. "Quite intelligent and lovely, in my opinion, and they are far better at being able to make deep connections to the humans they are fond of, so much so, infact, that if you ride one somewhere, they often know exactly where you want to go without your having to tell them. They are very devoted companions. And because of their unbreakable connections both to humans and death, they are often restless if their human friends' stresses are increased or if death is increased around them. You are blessed to have some thestrals that, from what I've seen, are even more intelligent that most, and my bet is that they very likely have been alerted because of last night's business, Caprice's exceptionally fierce need to try to safeguard her family, this whole debacle we're in at the moment. And, let us not also forget that catacombs themselves are often used as places for burial of the dead, celebrating funerary rites, and all the rest. The thestrals may be just cueing us that the people here on the estate lately have been hyperfocused on death, and that atmosphere is making them restless. I would think that, after today, with the suspect in custody, that should start to ease somewhat."

"I think he may very well be on the mark," Robert said. "Do keep an eye on them, and keep us posted. Since they are carnivorous, though, we could give them a treat that they might appreciate.If they don't settle, maybe Kate and I can take them out for a flight. That might improve their mood."

"I would love to go spend some time with them," Elwood said. "My patronus is a thestral, you know."

"I did not know that," Robert frowned. "I have never known anyone with a thestral patronus before."

"Well, you have now," Elwood smiled.

"Excuse me, but could someone perhaps cut a toasted cheese into, some small bite size squares so Angus could try it?" Marcus asked in a steady quiet tone. "He might not do more than a few pieces, but I'd like him to be able to try some."

"Of course," Simone said, immediately taking a sandwich and cutting it into very small bites, more like the size of croutons. She plated it and took it to Marcus. As she grew close to the bed, she heard Marcus very softly reassuring him about someone, that they would be back. Simone saw that he had had perhaps a third of the mug of soup so far. "Good work," she said, handing Marcus the sandwich. "Is there anything I can help with?" she asked.

"No, I don't think so," Marcus smiled. He spoke in the same soft, gentle tone that he spoke to Angus with so he wouldn't rattle Angus. "We're just still trying to figure out where we are and why we're here. We'll get it straight soon now. He's full of anesthesia, potions and spells today. It'll be better as some of that clears out of his system. Today, he just needs us to handle things for him so he can sleep it off. His pain potion is wearing off, so if Robert would wait until after lunch and then add to his pain potion, that would be very helpful I think. The fractures are starting to give him some real discomfort now, but I want him to be able to eat. So if Robert would wait, that would be great. He'll be fine til then. I'm right here, so we'll manage."

"I'll tell him," Simone said. "You're very good with him, Marcus."

"He's no trouble," Marcus smiled. "He doesn't ever ask for anything. Besides, he's family. Family isn't any trouble." He picked up two bites of the sandwich. "Here. Try this, Mate. A bite for you, and a bite for me." He deliberately put a bite into his own mouth and then fed Angus a bite of the sandwich.

"Cheese?" Angus asked sleepily.

"Yep. Good old English cheddar. Something lovely about a toasted cheese, isn't there?" Marcus smiled. Angus's eyes fluttered shut, but he ate his bite of sandwich. "We're very soon going to be ready for a snooze," he told Simone softly. She nodded and went back to the table.

"He's had about a third of his mug of soup so far, and Marcus is giving him little bites of the toasted cheese. I think he's doing well," Simone told them. "Marcus said Angus's pain potion is wearing off and he's getting uncomfortable."

"Yes, he's actually overdue for more pain potion, actually," Robert said.

"Marcus thinks you should let Angus finish eating first."

"I will. Otherwise the pain potion will put him to sleep and his lunch will be cut short," Robert said.

"He's not far from it now, I don't think," Simone said.

"Then he's doing very well. I expected him to have far more trouble today than he has," Robert said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23802
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Oct 14, 2024 4:34 pm

Jack looked at Elwood and nodded as he spoke then to Robert " will do and I do think hes right too" Jack said hearing Robert talk of the Thestral's " I'll make sure their tackles ready for if you want to fly them" he added as Ruby heard Marcus talk about cutting up a sandwich she felt relived when Marcus told her Angus had eaten half of the soup.

Aria wrote a note to Jeffery and sent it out looking to Ruby who nodded and gave a smile knowing she'd contacted Jeffery.

"thank you for that, I really could use him to talk to" she said Aria placed her hand on Ruby's shoulder and smiled " no offence"

" none taken Ruby I understand " she said as she sat Ruby down close to Angus bed and moved to the kitchen to start cleaning up the breakfast things. While there she looked in the freezer and fridge to see what they could make for dinner.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5331

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Oct 14, 2024 7:19 pm

(they just finished soup and sandwiches for lunch, so she should be looking for ideas for supper)

"What about that recipe that was in the Quibbler today for the pork loin hot pot?" Ginger said. "I looked in Angus's book, and he has a version of it in his book. His version looks better, though. Looks like he's kicked it up a bit. It's basically the same thing with pork and potatoes and leeks, but he's made it bigger and added more veg to it--chunks of fresh pumpkin, some parsnips, apple wedges, fresh cider and fresh sage."

"That would be a lovely sweet and savory dish," Simone said. "Adding more veg is a great way to make a dish bigger. And his choice of veg would give some sweetness to the pork. Apples are frequently seen in pork dishes, and the pumpkin is sweet too. I think it would be quite a comforting dish for a fall evening, and it would all be in one pot. We could add maybe a warm salad or a warm dessert of some sort too if we wanted."

Marcus floated the soup mug and what was left of the toasted cheese to the kitchen, and Robert came over. He checked Angus's shoulder dressing and decided to change it.

"The incision looks good. It's draining, but that's what I want it to do right now anyway," he said. "The color in his hand is good, so that tells me the fracture has been set properly and the cast is on properly. His vitals are still off, but there are good reasons for that. He's still a lot better than he was last night. Right now, he's doing just exactly what I need him to do. Considering the circumstances, I think he's doing exceptionally well. Excellent work, you lot. You make fine medical staff."

"We aim to please," Marcus laughed.

"Now," Robert said, "Ruby and Edward, I'm going to give you two a bit of advice, but if it ever comes up, this conversation never happened."

"We're listening," Edward said.

"You two need to get in touch with Angus's attorney and tell him everything you know about this, and I do mean everything. I know the man, and he's like a dog with a bone. He doesn't let go--ever. And right now that is precisely what you need. You want every single thing Dora Hackett owns--down to her worn out knickers and her paper clips. You want it all sold for the highest price, and you want every single cent of it. That estate needs to be yours. What you do with the money is none of my concern. This is about justice and restitution, not whether you need the money or not. You want to send a message to the Geldings that they need to stay far, far away from anybody that wants to approach them about employment because you will go after them with everything you've got. You want to firmly establish in their heads and every other thug's head that they need to keep their hands off your family. Understood?"

"Oh, I have already considered exactly that," Edward said. "Not only does it send a message to the dark arts community, but I think it could also help Angus heal in the long run because he will have the legal proof that none of what he experienced was real and was unconscionably heinous. However, that is not in my control anymore though. That's entirely up to Ruby and Angus."

"Well, I can safely assure you that while Angus is in this state of consciousness, it is completely Ruby's choice, and she can choose to involve you as much as she likes. If you want to mount a fight for Angus, Ruby, now is the time to do it, and with as much anger and aggression as you can muster on his behalf. You should try to make an appointment as soon as humanly possible. Even if you don't see him today, you should get the appointment on the books. You can see him tomorrow or the next day or any time this week, but making the appointment is important."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Oct 14, 2024 9:30 pm

Aria heard mention of the pork loin hot pot and nodded " sounds a perfect supper meal" she said and looked around for the recipe. Once she found it she began to gather the ingredients to get it ready to cook when the time was right. She heard Simone and smiled " would you help me and do the salad?" she asked as she cut up the veg along with some apples and pumpkins to add to the meal.

Ruby sat and looked at Robert as he spoke to both her and Edward she listened to him and then looked to Edward as he began to talk. now taking Edwards hand in her own she nodded and looked to him " please do just that" she said then looked at Robert " she and they will not get away with messing with our family" she said " I'll make the appointment myself." she said taking the note book from the small draw in the coffee table and writing a note , she sent it threw the floo and got an immediate reply. she breathed out and handed it to Robert "' Mrs Donohue I can be at your home first thing in the morning, about ten am, to discuss what you want to talk about, I am aware you contacting me means it has to do with Mr Donohue so is important.' it said and she sat back down next to Edward.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Oct 14, 2024 9:51 pm

"Certainly," Simone said. "I think I'll do Angus's baby spinach salad with hot bacon dressing. It's one everybody seems to like. Ginger, you did such a good job on the fruit tart, would you please make some cookies or something for dessert tonight?"

"Me?" Ginger asked, nervous.

"If you get into trouble, we'll help you. You pick out the recipe and get started and we'll help you."

"Okay. I'll try," she said, heading to the kitchen.

"Robert," Edward said, "can we get a copy of Lucian's report, please?"

"I'll see that you get it," Robert said. "Just for the record, so you know what to tell the attorney when the topic comes up that I will not let Angus go through the story again. Not right now."

"Nor would I want him to," Edward said.

"There's a blonde guy out in the yard. He looks lost," Simone said, looking out the kitchen window. Robert went to the window.

"Jeffrey," Robert said. "If you want privacy, Ruby, I suggest you might consider using Brian's office over at the main house."

"Or use our side," Edward said. "Just close the door between both halves."

"I'm going to go see to a few tasks while he's resting, Marcus," Robert said, casting a pain relief spell for Angus. "If he has trouble, you can page me, and I'll be right back." Marcus nodded, and Robert apparated out.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Oct 14, 2024 9:56 pm

Ruby nodded when Edward asked for a copy of Lucians report when he received it. Aria hearing Simone agree to do the salad smiled and nodded when she asked Ginger to make some cookies " you'll do great" she said smiling as she placed the pork on top of the veg in the roaster ready to cover with tin foil to go in the oven.

Ruby heard Robert mention a blond guy in the yard and Robert mention Jeffery she felt relief he had come so prompt. Looking at Edward she nodded " we'll go into your side" she said softly to Edward ad stood up walking over to the door she motioned to Jeffery . " I'll explain when we're in Edwards, shouldn't be long" she said looking at Marcus and Edward as she lead Jeffery into the other side of the duplex.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Oct 14, 2024 10:23 pm

Ginger chose to do just some simple shortbread since she had never made cookies before. Simone praised her for choosing an easy recipe and gave her some tips as Ginger made them but she let them make them herself.

Angus slept heavily once the pain stopped. Edward got up and went to Marcus.

"You haven't left him for ten seconds since you found him," Edward said. "He's in a deep sleep now. Go get your bag packed, stretch your legs, get yourself a shower, take a short break. I'll sit right here with him til you get back."

"I couldn't ask you to do that..." Marcus began.

"He's my boy. Of course I'll stay," Edward said. "Take a break. Trust me, if anyone wants to harm one hair on his head, my axe will very easily cut them in half."

"Now, that I believe," Marcus smiled. "Alright. I won't be long."

"Take your time. We'll be fine."

"Thank you," Marcus said. He left briefly and went over to the cottage while Edward went to the door, brought in the evening copy of the Prophet and went over to sit next to Angus and settled in to read the paper.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Oct 14, 2024 10:28 pm

Aria saw Edward talking to Marcus and saw him head to the door and over to the cottage " thank you Edward" she said as she finished the pork , washed her hands and walke dover to him " Marcus needed to take a break" she said and sat with him.

Ruby walked with Jeffery into Edwards side of the duplex and sat down to tell him what had happened and how she felt about not being there to help Angus and how she understood why he made her run from the witch. She also told him about how right now she felt that she needed to take over for Angus while he was incapacitated but also how his mind was manipulated by the woman and she was worried about how she could help him through it.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Oct 14, 2024 10:52 pm

Marcus went over and packed a bag, and just on an impulse he packed a couple extra outfits for Aria in case she might need them. He showered, shaved, and took some time to just do some stretching to work out some of the stoved up and stiff muscles. It was a huge help. He was gone perhaps 20 minutes and then returned with his packed bag. He brought it in and set it out of the way. He went to check on Angus, and he saw Edward setting the newspaper aside.

"He hasn't moved a muscle," Edward said. "And I've enjoyed sitting with him. Enjoy yourself a little. Relax a bit. Enjoy a firewhiskey or something."

"Well, if you're going to stay, I'll go restock the firewood in the iron basket by the fireplace. We've used what I put there earlier," Marcus said.

"I'll go with you," Victor said. The two of them went outside.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Oct 14, 2024 10:58 pm

Aria saw Ginger make the short bread and smiled " they look good " she said " I think Angus has Ice cream in the freezer we can put with it" she added " with any that's left we can make a desert with for tomorrows dinner" she said smiling.

Ruby felt much better once she had spoken to Jeffery now smiling she walked back into the living room and over to Edward " thank you" she said then looked to Robert Jeffery had to get back he did say if you want a report he can send it as soon as he writes it up" she told him. " but everything is much better in my head now" she added smiling to him.

Aria saw the bag and looked to Marcus as she dried her hands and left the kitchen and walked over to him. " please tell me you brought a change of clothing for me?" she asked with a smirk.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 80 of 81 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top