A Birth day - Page 41
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 41 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 41 of 42 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 41 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:27 pm

"I'll talk to Vasil and see if he can give me any more information than that," Angus said. "Either way, you're right. My gran doesn't generally make an appearance to anyone unless there's some sort of danger coming. So either way, if she is coming around again, something's in the air. I'll give Jack a heads up. He's one of the first to understand that when multiple seers start getting warnings, it is certainly time to take things seriously. Anise, this is not a week for you to not be getting sufficient rest. I'll talk to one of our many potions makers here and see there is anything they can do to help you. You need to be training when you're not at Evan's. I know we let you stay at Evan's til five, but I think we need to either bring you home sooner or see if Pascal can go to Evan's to train with you."

"He can help with stance and footwork but what about spellwork?" she asked.

"I can help you there. I think you should get home from Evan's, get some supper, and then you and I can go outside for a bit and train," Angus said. "Now, go get some breakfast and then go get dressed. It'll be time to go before you know it."

"Okay," she sighed. "I think I'll dress first, in case I run out of time."

"Sounds fine," Angus replied. She headed downstairs, and Angus went to get some coffee first. He tended to get a cup of coffee and then do breakfast after he'd had some coffee. He sat down and opened the Daily Prophet. The headlines were screaming. "Oh my god," Angus said with dread. "I've never seen this before. It has to be Gelding. Massive trouble at the ministry overnight. Ther4e was a huge crime wave last night. There's a massive list of ministry employees, in every department, whose children were taken during the night. Kids of all ages literally taken out of their beds, out of Hogwarts, Almost every household that had children were affected. I'm looking down the list right now. I am relieved to say that Abbey is not on the list of missing children. I have to go see Kate or Robert immediately. This has Gelding's trademarks all over it. He's doing something but I don't know what or why. Bringing attention to himself like this is going to make him number one on the ministry's most wanted list. I think he's trying to send a message of some sort. I just don't know what."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:36 pm

Ruby listened to Angus as did Aria who nodded at Angus words about why Caprice would show herself to Vasil. " I'll head back I have to dish up breakfast" Aria said and nodded to Angus " yes he would be best " she said then saw Jack headed to the barn and called to him that Angus needed to talk to him, making Jack stop and head to the duplex.

"you shouted?" he said chuckling as Aria waved and headed back to the cottage. He looked to Anise and then looked at Angus " Caprice showed herself " he said " so what you you need me to do?" he asked his arms cross over his chest as he looked squarely at Angus.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:03 pm

"You know how damned uncomfortable that habit of Jess's is?" Angus scowled. "I really hate that. It's creepy enough that I now have little baby seers' stuff of my own that I did not plan or want. But--for Jess to be so overly sensitive that everyone knows all our business ahead of time. We don't have any privacy at all. It's just really unnerving when she sees and hears every stinking little thing. Anyway, I don't know that I need you to necessarily do anything except be aware that security could be a problem if something happens here. But I also presume Jess told you about the news from London too. I don't think we need to look any further than Gelding about this. Gelding's gone off the rails about something--something big. The organization is going to be scrambling to get all the ministry's children back immediately if not sooner. I expect Robert's been called to the ministry during the night. I'll try to get with Kate or Michael and see if we're going to need to go on part of some sort of massive scale rescue. Robert is going to be pressured into using the aurors, but we all know that we have a lot more skills at this than they do. They're good at what they do, but they don't have any experience or resources to deal with this, not like we already have. It is worth considering that perhaps this will lure us away from the estate, and that opens up opportunity for Gelding to strike here. I just think we should be damned careful, that's all. So, as soon as we're finished, I need to go get dressed before I try to talk to Kate or Michael in my pajamas."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:08 pm

Jack listened to Angus and stayed straight faced as he spoke knowing Jess's ability's scared him sometimes when he mentioned the London he shook his head " nope she just told me about Caprice since she felt her last night" he added but let Angus continue to talk about it and he nodded in agreement about it sounding like Gelding " I'll get the men on medium alert , that's when there aware but not so much we have to lock down the lace" he added " oh and for future , she scares me too sometimes with how she knows stuff." he added with a chuckle.

Ruby smiled and handed Jack a cup of coffee and he accepted it now sipping it she grabbed one for herself " go do that dear we'll be okay here" she said as she heard Caprice and Amari wake, Jack chuckled and walked up returning with both in his arms. Ruby gave Caprice her potion and settled her down so she could rest while Amari played as they waited for breakfast to be ready.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:25 pm

Angus went upstairs and shaved and dressed. He came downstairs, warmed up his coffee and headed over to the main house.

Things were far quieter there than Angus expected it to be. Zoe was setting a bowl of berries on the sideboard.

"So that is still a must a mealtimes, is it?" Angus asked her.

"Every meal, every snack, all day long--berries. The child is going to turn into a berry," Zoe said.

"You know there's a muggle book where a child actually did turn into a berry," Angus said.

"God, don't let her read it, whatever it is. She'll want to do the same thing," Zoe said. "What can I help you with, Boss?"

"Is Kate or Michael here, by chance? I presume Robert is already gone this morning."

"Oh, they are indeed. They're in Mr Quinn's office with a Mr. Owens. Mr. Lupin responded to an emergency call from the Ministry. As I heard it told, the call came in at about three, and he was dressed and gone by about 3:15. He's been there since. Mr. Sigworth has told him he could go to a briefing but he had to work from home. He is not releasing him to work in London yet," Zoe said.

"Mr. Lupin is going to tell Nigel to stick his orders...well, elsewhere," Angus said.

"He already has, but that has only made Mr. Sigworth dig in harder."

"Typical of those two. Thanks, Zoe," Angus said. He headed to Brian's office, knocked on the door and let himself in.

At the cottage, Danica and Stefan were finally up and dressed and had come downstairs, poured themselves coffee with milk and sugar and were working on plating up Aria's Bulgarian breakfast dishes. They fixed their plates, told Aria "Mepcn," and then they had found places at the table.

"Mepcn in Bulgarian is a Bulgarian translation of the French Merci. It is an informal thank you often used between friends," Deni told her. "They appreciate your breakfast, and it is their way, I suppose, of saying they feel comfortable here--which does not happen so often. For my children, that's high praise." She got up, fixed a plate for Vasil and one for herself and brought them back to the table.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:35 pm

Aria smiled seeing the kids take the food she had made and she heard them say a single word. Looking over at Vasil she smiled hearing his explanation " they are most welcome" she said smiling " we both want this place to be a safe haven, not just for our children but others too" she said as she ate her breakfast. Glancing out the window she saw Angus head to the main house but made no notion but touched Marcus hand and whispered gently " something must have gone off Angus looks irked." she said a s continued to eat her food.

Once done Aria collected the plates and placed them into their washer and set it going, she returned with fresh juice and place3d it on the table for any one who wanted it. " I should get to the duplex so I'll leave you with Marcus." she said smiling as she moved to the door and headed across to the duplex and knocked , opening the door she saw Jack and Ruby in the living room.

"Angus went to the main house Gelding attacked the ministry and took several children of employee " Ruby explained making Aria shake her head.

"when will he quit" she asked and Jack chuckled .

"probably never in his eyes" he said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:54 pm

"I need to go, then," Marcus said, getting up quickly, leaving his breakfast half eaten. "It was very good but...oh, you know." He heard Aria say she was leaving, and that left him with Vasil and his family when someone needed to be with Angus. He was confused. Why was she going to the duplex when he believed the job was for her to guard Angus during the day. He shrugged, presuming maybe someone had changed the assignment. What was she guarding, then?

"Do not worry about us," Vasil said. "Deni and I are going to go see Mileva, and we can certainly take Stefan and Danica with us. We will put the breakfast leftovers away, and then we will head straight over to the main house to see Mileva."

"I am sorry," Marcus said. "There's been some sort of misunderstanding on my part. I will find a guard for Angus for the morning shift. You have my word."

"Marcus," Vasil said, "this is me. I know you far better than most other people in your life. I know you will take care of it. We are not your responsibility here. I elected to leave quickly and left our guards behind. Frankly, it is wonderful to not have bodyguards for just a bit. It reminds me of what we may someday have again when I am no longer minister. Let us have our freedom."

"If you're sure..."

"Positive."

"Oh, alright," Marcus said. "Please promise me you won't leave the estate without telling me."

"We promise," Vasil said. Marcus left quickly and went to find Angus at the main house.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:02 pm

Aria looked at Jack and then shook her head " damn I'm stupid Marcus need to be with Angus" she said and looked to the Cottage seeing him head to the main house " okay hes on it" she added and Jack looked at her .

"okay so why you her?" he asked and Ruby slapped his arm as Aria looked at him.

"to guard the girls and Ruby" she said " that's my job , and to watch out for Elwood while Andrew isn't here, which hes not yet" she said and moved to check the toddlers finding Caprice still sleeping and Amari happily playing. Ruby moved to the kitchen and began making several Ham and Swiss Omelet to go with the Rise and Shine Parfait, Cornflake-Coated Crispy Bacon and finally Banana Oatmeal Pancakes and she placed them on the sideboard for when Angus returned along with a jug of fresh orange juice.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:26 pm

Marcus caught up with Angus in Brian's office. Kate, Michael and Owens were talking about the mass kidnapping of the ministry employees' children. Marcus was horrified and outraged.

"We're on standby," Kate was saying. "We have to wait for Robert. We cannot go ahead until we have the inside information. At this point, I have contacted Irene and asked her to get her people to find out if there are any movements in Paris. We don't know if the children were taken there or if, for the first time, we're going to do a massive operation on English soil."

"Regardless, Kate," Owens was saying, "we will need every single hand we've got. Let me notify them, organization wide, that we need them on standby for a high priority mission that could happen at any time."

"Fine," Kate nodded. "Owens, unless Robert changes the priorities, I will let you run the command office because I know these boys here, as well as my own preferences are to be out on the mission teams.

"Oh, and Marcus," Kate said, "I sent Pip over with a message to your place. Nigel believes that Mileva can and should be moved to your cottage if you have room for her. Robert believes she will be far better off in the care of her parents as much as possible He believes that we can leave a nurse with her for another day or so for the purpose of training vasil and Deni to care for her. Then we have enough healers here who can check on Mileva periodically once her parents take over."

"Of course," Marcus nodded. "That will be fine. Kate, we have a problem, though. Did someone change Aria's assignment? I thought she was working first shift guarding Angus so I could work second and the Fae would cover the overnights."

"That's what I thought too. What's the problem?"

"She just took off to go to the duplex to guard Ruby, and, now, while I'm supposed to be off during the first shift, I'm covering Angus because that shift is now uncovered."

"Well, shit," Kate sighed. "What is she guarding Ruby for? Ruby's never been a target."

"I have no damned idea," Marcus sighed, finding it hard to hide his anger with Aria.

"Calm," Angus told Marcus. "I'll be extra careful. I promise."

"Not the point! Why is she guarding Ruby? I don't get it!" Marcus exploded.

"Marcus, I'll hire someone on to cover Angus," Kate said.

"Screw it. I'll cover him myself," Marcus said.

"This is about the cottage, isn't it?" Kate asked gently. "For the first time in your life, you have a home of your own. A place that is really and truly yours, not a short term rental. And, part of your arrangement with Robert was so that you'd have time for your home and your kids. And now that's all blown up.

"I do not want to take your personal life away from you," Angus said, feeling pain for Marcus.

"Not your fault," Marcus sighed.

"I'll handle it," Kate said. "Give me a little. I'll fix it. For now, stay with Angus."

"And leave the Bulgarian minister on his own," Angus said.

"He is very capable of bringing his guards," Kate stood firm on that. "If we find we need guards for him, we'll come up with something. For now, just for the next hour or so, we have enough on our plates."

"I need an effing run," Marcus said quietly to Angus.

"Excellent idea," Kate said. "You boys go do that, and we'll keep you posted. You can do no more here."

"Thanks, Kate," Angus said. "Come on, Marcus. Let's see if we can beat our last score."

"You're on," Marcus said. The two of them transfigured their clothes to running clothes and headed out to the running track.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:35 pm

Jack looked at her and frowned " but your shift is afternoon " he said and looked at Ruby " and you don't need guarding " Ruby chuckle and shook her head .

"nope" she said " go home Aria or go and be with Angus and Marcus " she said as Jack nodded to Aria.

"well shit, I messed up" she said turning to the main house and seeing Marcus and Angus head to the track " well that's not good" she said heading to the track herself and changing into her running gear to join them. " Sorry, I got all turned around , that's not like me at all" she said frowning as she kept pace next to Angus.

Joseph walked around the perimeter with Digger on his shoulder. He heard Aria and chuckled feeling like he knew that feeling as he'd done it himself but also knew she would have something i'm mind to remind her of where she was meant to be. Joseph paused and looked at the barrier reaching out he felt the tingle to say it was still active as a groundsman walked past him looking at the barrier and casting spells to strengthen them.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 42 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top