A Birth day - Page 22
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 22 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 22 of 42 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 22 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:20 pm

(marcus isn't there yet. its andrew.)

"Caprice climbed out of the crib and fell," Andrew said, "and Amari tried to copy her but she got her onesie caught on the side of her crib. She had it all twisted up, so I just took her out of the onesie," Andrew said, picking up an outfit for Amari of flowered leggings and a waffle weave hoodie, and changing Amari and dressing her. "Angus thinks Caprice got hurt, and I think he's right. He's taking her to Robert so he doesn't buggar off early to St. Mungos or something." He got out a pair of socks for Amari, but he heard Elwood calling, so he handed Amari to Aria. "Do you mind, please? Good luck. I think socks are a nightmare on kids that age, but maybe you'll have better luck than I usually do."

He excused himself to go see to Elwood.

Angus walked in the back door, carrying a screaming Caprice, and that immediately alerted Robert, especially when he saw Angus with his hair askew, and wearing nothing but pajama trousers. Robert came over.

"Let me," Robert said quietly with an almost serene calmness about him. He took Caprice and checked her quickly. He turned and headed downstairs with her. Angus followed. Robert laid his hand on Caprice's forehead and put her to sleep, and laid her on one of the beds there. Then, he set her nose properly, making doubly sure that it was set perfectly. He shrank a nose splint bandage to fit her tiny nose and he bandaged it appropriately.

"Now, Dad, First things first. These things happen," Robert said. "The only reason something like it didn't happen with Abbey was because you had her with you from first light til bedtime. She was used to you picking her up in her sleep and taking her downstairs when you first went to the kitchen. This one doesn't have the same routine and never needed it. She has a hoard of hovering caretakers. No one neglected her. Kids get banged up. She's fine. I'll make up some pain potion for her, and I'll see if Nigel can come up with a teeny tiny magic wrap for her nose and sinus area. She's probably not going to feel like being up today. She's going to be really achy and irked if you don't keep up on pain potion and keeping that face area iced off and on. 20 on, 20 off. You need to elevate her head a bit because if you don't, her little head is going to pound, and that's just going to make things worse. Don't be upset if she doesn't feel like eating much. If I were you, I'd make her one of those super nutritional smoothies you used to make for Khaat when she was so ungodly thin. that will get Caprice her nutrition without pushing her to make her eat. If she does eat, you might find she eats pureed foods easier today. She might feel more like eating her regular foods in a day or so. This will heal quicker because she's not muggle, but she will be very, very cranky today. If you have more trouble, and you could, let one of us know. Jess, Khaat, me, Brian. I'll be in and out but I'm betting someone will be around. Questions?"

"Not so far," Angus sighed. "I'll have to be doing something different with the cribs, though."

"You want my advice?" Robert asked. "You could try a toddler bed or just put a couple toddler mattresses on the floor. You could always cast an enchantment across the doorway so they can't leave their bedroom at night. That could help keep them safe. But it might be time to be done with cribs. In the meantime, get some coffee. You're entitled."

"I intend to," Angus said.

"Give me a couple minutes and I'll have that pain potion bottled up for you, and when I get a magic wrap or something for her, I'll send it over."

When Robert was finished with the pain potion, Angus picked up the potion bottle and the still sleeping Caprice. He laid Caprice on his shoulder and he walked back to the duplex and went in.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:29 pm

Ruby saw Angus return and walked over and looked at Caprice " oh my, what did Robert say, and how did it happen?" she asked brushing her hand gently over Caprices head as she looked at her sleeping on his shoulder. Aria heard Andrew and nodded she sighed and chuckled.

"It was bound to happen sooner or later but I have a feeling these cots are about to be retired." she said then looked at the cribs before Andrew handed Amari to her and she lay her on the changer taking a sock she slipped it on making sure Amari didn't pull them off before she added a pair of soft shoes then caried her down to the living room. Seeing Angus back she walke dover to where he stood .

"How is she Andrew told me she fell from her cot." she said as Ruby looked at Angus and Caprice together. " I can pull the toddler beds from downstairs storage now if you want?" Aria asked as Amari squirmed in her arms before she was set down into the play pen. Once she was sat playing with her toys she walked back over to Angus.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:43 pm

"She broke her nose," Angus told Ruby, setting the bottle of pain potion on the worktable. "He's set it, and he's given her a pain spell. He's also sent some pain potion for her. He's going to see if Nigel can get ahold of a tiny magic wrap for over her nose because it will be lighter weight than an ice pack. He gave me some ideas on what she might or might not eat today, but he's figuring that if we keep her comfortable, she's going to sleep most of the day. If she's awake, he figures she's going to be miserably cranky. I know the cribs need to go, but I'm not sure if we want to try the toddler beds or if we want to put the mattresses directly on the floor so there's no place for them to go if they decide to get out of those beds. I don't know. Either way, I'm going to have to come up with a couple of spells--one to keep them in their room at night, and I don't think I want to use an age line because an age line doesn't react until someone crosses it who isn't supposed to. I don't want them out of their room and unsupervised even that long. And I'll need another spell to keep them from climbing the tree in their room or climbing up their dresser or some other stupid thing. I suppose, for now, we can get another playpen and let her sleep in there." He handed Caprice to Ruby. "I'll be back. I guess I'm getting dressed. to go into London and get a second playpen. Oh, and if she wakes and is hungry before I get back, in the very back of my cookbook there's a recipe for Khaat's smoothies and Khaat's soup. Those are especially high nutrition smoothies for a cold, creamy fruit drink or a hot creamy soup. That's what he suggested for Caprice for today. Or pureed baby foods. I'm going to get dressed."

He turned and went upstairs.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:50 pm

Ruby listened to Angus and nodded relaxing as she heard Robert had set it " well if anything it will make a good story to embarrass her when shes a teen" she said smiling but she took her gently from Angus so not to disturb her while she slept so he could go and get a second play pen for Caprice to sleep in. She heard him mention the soups and smoothies and nodded to him.

Aria nodded too" don't worry we'll keep her comfortable until you get back" Aria said standing and walking to the kitchen she found the recipes and read them. Walking over to Ruby she looked at them too " seem simple enough" she said and placed the book on the table so she could make one should Caprice become hungry before Angus got back.

Ruby held Caprice in her arms and sighed knowing this was an accident but she was some what disappointed in herself for letting it happen even though nothing she could have done would have stopped Caprice from climbing over the side of the cot. " Aria could you take out the cots we'll move the pens up to the nursery when its time for them to go sleep, it would be safer for them." she asked Aria looked at her and smiled.

"lets see what Angus comes back with" she said " if its the play pen then I'll remove them." she said softly to her.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Aug 31, 2024 12:12 am

Angus got dressed and came downstairs, desperately wanting a cup of coffee. He stopped at the desk and got out a pack of cigarettes and tucked them in his pocket.

"I won't be long," he told Ruby. He apparated out.

Andrew came downstairs and fixed a breakfast tray for Elwood and took it upstairs for him. About 30 minutes later, Robert came over with a tiny blue magic wrap that he'd gotten from Nigel.

"Could I have her for a moment, please?" Robert asked. He took Caprice and laid her on the sofa and then sat beside her to slowly and carefully fit the magic wrap to Caprice's nose. Because it was so tiny, it actually was far more difficult to get it on her nose correctly. Robert laid Caprice then on the floor so she wouldn't have any place to roll off of, and he let her sleep on the soft rug.

"She's fine, Ruby," Robert said. "Kids are going to have bumps and bruises. I'd let her sleep as long as she'll sleep. And I wouldn't get overly concerned if she doesn't want much of any sort of food today. One day won't hurt her. The pain spell I gave her should hold her until probably eleven or so this morning. Because she's small, the dose is really tiny. If you have to, you can actually double it if you need to, but if you double it, you let me know straight away. You can give her up to 2 doses every siz hours, but no more. If she needs more than that, I need to know. Where's Angus? I thought he'd be here."

"Went to get another playpen to put her in during the day," Andrew said.

"Oh. I see. He's probably not in favor of them chucking toys at each other today. Well, yeah. I can see that. Oh, and when you see him, give him this." He laid a sealed envelope and two Gringotts keys. "He'll know what to do with them."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Aug 31, 2024 12:44 am

Ruby stood holding Caprice as Aria watched Amari that was until she saw Angus head down and out " okay" she said simply and watched as he left and Robert entered. She relaxed and handed Caprice over to Robert and watched him as he fitted the magic wrap on Caprices nose. Watching her sleep she listened to Robert as Aria wrote done the instructions. " we have recipes that Angus suggested for her if she gets hungry and there's some pureed baby food still in the fridge for her.," Aria told Robert.

Ruby sat down and looked up at Robert as he handed her an envelope and Gringotts key " we will" she said and placed it on the table in front of her.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Aug 31, 2024 1:03 am

"Oh. One more thing" Robert said, picking up a rather flattened, well worn stuffed toy. He pressed it into services as a pillow under Caprice's head and neck. "There. A small pillow will help to elevate her head. That will decrease the bloodflow somewhat to her head and reduce the chance of a pounding headache for her. She'll be more comfortable. Now--do not hover. I know how you and Aria both do that sometimes anyway, but the more anxious you are today, especially while she doesn't feel well, the more anxious you're going to make her. And there's no point in frightening her. She's fine. Her nose is going to heal as if nothing ever had ever happened. Try being calm and smiling when you see her awake, like you're glad to see her. That might help you reduce your anxiety. And, yes, I knew he had those recipes. He developed those before you knew Angus, but those recipes very well might actually be responsible for saving Khaat's life at one time. There's no way he'd have lost them. And even if he had, Kate has kept multiple copies of them just in case we ever need them again. Look I understand how a parent can worry for their child. Been there, done that. But this is one time where your worry is a bit misplaced. Any questions for me? I promised Molly and Abbey I'd take them to the zoo in London and then to Fortescue's today for ice cream, and those girls remember. So I'd better keep my promise."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Aug 31, 2024 1:09 am

Ruby watched as Robert used a flattened soft toy to prop Caprices head up and let her know about keeping it propped up and not to worry about her and smile . She understood where he was coming from and nodded to show she would relax "I'll take her for a run once Angus returns" Aria said and smiled to him. " he actually told us where they were and to use them for her for today" she added walking over with a coffee for Ruby that as an Irish coffee for her handing it to her " relax and drink this" she said and chuckled . " Amari is fine" she told him and smiled " we're good" Ruby nodded.

"yeah we'll be okay , I only have one and that is how long till the bruising goes down because I know shes going to have two shiners on her after that" she asked looking at the sleeping Caprice " and I'm guessing this is but the first of many to come." she chuckled and shook her head gently as Aria chuckled and nodded as she stood next to her.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 01, 2024 9:08 pm

Marcus arrived, and it didn't take him more than a moment to assess what was going on. He didn't see Angus, and that concerned him. That meant he was out by himself, and Marcus did not like it at all. Angus was still supposed to have a guard with him, and that was one of the reasons he believed he needed to be here with Angus during waking hours.

"Well, it could take 3 or 4 weeks before they totally resolve," Robert said. "Marcus is particularly gifted with glamor spells, so he could temporarily conceal some of it. Or he also knows how to order some very effective concealer that will hide them too. I do not want to make the bruises disappear entirely because the color and location and such gives me important information about healing."

"Angus will probably prefer we not do that if we don't have to," Marcus said. "He is very likely going to think we just need to let things be as they are. There's nothing to be ashamed of. Things happen. And she's very likely not going anywhere that we'd need to conceal that. If we do have to go out, a pair of child's sunglasses should perhaps do the trick if they're lightweight."

"Better yet, if you get sunglasses for her, get a pair with an elastic strap that goes around the head so that you can position them a wee bit up off her nose altogether," Robert said. "Alright. I think you should be in good shape for now, so I'm going to go and get some breakfast before I take these toddlers out. I'll see you later."

"Thanks, Robert," Marcus said.

"You're welcome," Robert said. He left, heading back to the main house.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Sep 01, 2024 9:18 pm

Aria moved to Marcus as he arrived and nodded " Angus had gone to get I hope some toddler beds or something that's not going to involve dangling by the seat of their onesie or falling out and braking their noses" Aria filled him in then she spoke again " he didn't give ether one of us a chance to go with him ether" she added.

Ruby heard Robert and nodded as she looked at the sleeping Caprice on the floor in front of her covered by her blanket. " thanks you Robert" she said smiling " I think there's a pair in the draw in the kitchen , they might have belonged to Abby at one point" she said and Aria moved to the kitchen and checked each draw till she found them.

"these" she said and held them up, they were small and pink with an elastic around each leg to hold it in place. and smiled walking over she handed them to Ruby who nodded.

"yes, that's them" she said taking them from Aria " I'll put them on her when she wakes" she said and looked to Marcus.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 42 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top