A Birth day - Page 23
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 23 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 23 of 42 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 23 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 01, 2024 10:02 pm

"I didn't say anything," Marcus replied to Aria. "He must have thought it was important if he believed he needed to go without me. You do what you like, but, personally, I wouldn't put those glasses on her unless she really needs them. She's going to be uncomfortable enough today without one more thing on her face."

Marcus poured himself coffee and helped himself to a slice of Andrew's coffee cake. The kids came in for breakfast, fixed their plates and sat down to eat. It didn't take long for the kids to figure out what had happened, and Sam and Victor weren't very happy. They didn't say anything but they both were frustrated that Caprice's shenanigans were going to surely cost them a shopping trip and the official start of them preparing to get their own places. Marcus was seeing both sides of it. The kids were itching to start to be adults, and they were also getting a bit tired of always being backburnered because of the babies. Fortunately, they weren't saying anything about it. They were just eating quietly.

"It'll work out, Guys," Marcus told them. "Give us just a little to get things organized. I'm sure they'll do their best to try to help you keep your plans too. I do understand. Little siblings are just a flat-out pain in the bum at times."

When breakfast was over, the kids cleared the table and started a washing up spell in the kitchen. Angus came home finally, and he had a playpen and two toddler beds with him. He certainly didn't look happy. He had some delivery men with him, and they delivered the big boxes with the playpen and the beds. He asked the men to take the cribs upstairs to the nursery and paid them extra to do it.

"You do not look happy," Marcus said, when the delivery men left.

"Well, I got the playpen because I know we need it. But this living room is not flush with a ton of room to support two playpens. I'll have to move some of the furniture to the basement for now," Angus said. "Can't be helped. And I got the best beds I could find, but I actually have mixed feelings about them being in a bed at all right now until they stop this crap."

"Well," Marcus said, "Looks like these are nice beds and they're right on the floor, so there won't be a fall risk. Sounds like you got the safest thing you could find. Maybe you should try the beds, and if they manage to make a safety risk with them, we'll store the bed frames temporarily and put the mattresses directly on the floor without the frames at all."

"Yeah. That should work."

"Give me a little," Angus said. He unloaded everything from the coffee table, and he took the coffee table to the storage room in the basement and then boxed up all the items that had been on it and took that to the basement as well. He set up the playpen, and then he went upstairs to go get rid of the cribs and assemble the toddler beds.

"I'll come help you. Two sets of hands, you know," Marcus said, going with him.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Sep 01, 2024 10:10 pm

Aria looked at Marcus and chuckled " I know you, all I did was look at your face, I know you well. " she said then looked at the boys. " once Angus is back I'll ask Edward if hes free to mind the babies and we can still go and do that shopping trip, okay" she said to them smiling as she saw Marcus grab some food for breakfast.

Ruby placed the glasses on the table next to her as Marcus said not to put them on her just yet " oh because of the swelling I get it" she said leaving them there as she saw Angus walk in some way irked at something. Listening to him she smiled " they sound perfect for them" she said " and I'm sure we can move things around so little goes down" she added glancing around the room at what could go.

Aria finishing her food stood up and took her plate to the kitchen , from there she walked over to Edwards side of the duplex " Edward are you or Simone free?" she asked
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 01, 2024 10:28 pm

"Edward's upstairs dressing," Simone said, putting a light breakfast of eggs and toast on the table for Edward and herself. "We're supposed to go to Paris. The fall term of school starts for them in two days, so my daughter's dance company is doing a last-of-the-season children's dance recital this afternoon. It's supposed to be in one of the most beautiful parks in the city, and they've sold tickets for patrons to have a nicely catered picnic lunch on the lawn during the recital. It's a fund raiser for the dance school, and we hope they do well. Something we can do for you?"

"They need help with the babies," Edward said, coming downstairs. "I heard apparating a few minutes ago, and I saw Angus arriving with more baby gear. He's been out shopping already this morning."

"Oh. I see," Simone said.

"If we need to take them along, we'll take them along," Edward shrugged as Simone handed him a mug of coffee. "Thank you."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Sep 01, 2024 10:38 pm

Aria nodded as she heard Simone then Edward talk " exactly, Caprice fell out the cot this morning and broke her nose o Angus and Ruby decided to change the cots to stop this happening again" she told them " that's who ported in earlier with the low toddler beds" she explained " and I quite sure they would be okay if you had to take the girls with you , I'm asking because we promised the boys we'd take them and the girls shopping for their new apartment." she looked at both of them and smiled.

Ruby saw the boxes and nodded pointing to the delivery men she motioned up the stairs. " first on the right" she said standing as watching them carry two large boxes up the stairs followed by two small mattresses. She glanced to Angus and smiled " I agree with Marcus they look cute on the boxes" she said smiling " we can always decorate them for each girl" she added with a smile.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 01, 2024 10:48 pm

"Well, I don't think Caprice is going to be in any mood today to be out and about," Edward said. "We'll have to cancel."

"Now, wait," Simone said. "What about Sergio and Ana? They're right here. They're supposed to be sticking close to the house anyway, and they would love to have an excuse to have some time with the babies."

"If that would work for Ruby and Angus, then its fine with me," Edward said. "Do you need sitters for all day?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Sep 01, 2024 10:52 pm

Aria listened to Edward and Simone and smiled " they would sit the girls?" she asked and no a few hours tops" she said answering Edwards question about how long they would need a baby sitter for. " I'll ask Angus and Ruby" she said and quickly moved back to the other side of the duplex 2 okay Edward and Simone are going out but they suggested Sergio and Ana, now I'm guessing your both okay with them babysitting while we pop out to shop with the boys?" she asked.

Ruby looked at angus as she spoke " I don't have an issue with them , would keep you and Marcus free if you need to do anything " she said and looked to Angus " what do you think?" she said as Aria looked at him waiting or his opinion.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 01, 2024 11:09 pm

"I don't have any issue with Sergio and Ana," Angus said, getting a couple screwdrivers to assemble the cribs. "I trust them with my life, without question. If they can't, the babies can just stay with us. I don't want Edward and Simone to ever have to cancel their plans because of us. Besides, Sergio and Ana have wanted some time with the babies anyway, if they could fit it into their schedule for Robert. I'm sure that if they can make it work, they'll be up for it." Angus sent a note to Kate while Marcus poured two fresh mugs of coffee, and then both of them went back upstairs to assemble the cribs.

Kate came over a few minutes later, and she had a box with her that looked like a small toolbox.

"Morning, All," Kate said, coming in. "Angus sent for me, and he asked me to just come upstairs. I hope you don't mind." She went upstairs with the box.

"Kate," Marcus said, "I didn't expect to see you this morning. What brings you?"

"He does," Kate gestured to Angus. "He asked me if I had any organic, odorless paints, and I do. So, what are we painting?"

"This, I hope," Angus said, gesturing to the two crib kits.

"Oh, those will be cute," Kate said. "I think we should paint the houses, perhaps one pink and one purple. And then, we should paint the fences white and then decorate them with painting on blades of grass and some flowers and bees and butterflies. What do you think?"

"That's exactly what I had in mind," Angus said.

"So I'll get my paints together and get organized while you boys assemble," she said.

"Fair enough," Marcus said.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Sep 01, 2024 11:19 pm

Aria and Ruby both smiled and nodded " that was our thoughts too" she said writing a note and sending it over to Sergio and Ana asking if they weren't busy and could come over. Ruby walked up to the nursery and lent against the door as Aria watched the sleeping Caprice and playing Amari.

"sounds like a good idea and will be so cute" she said smiling as she waited for Sergio and Ana to arrive. so they could help the boys gather their furniture for the apartment. " its going to be weird having her in a bed rather than the cot, they are growing up so fast" Ruby said watching Marcus and Angus put the first be together.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 01, 2024 11:30 pm

"Ruby, you haven't seen what happens when Kate gets inspired," Marcus laughed. "Nothing is ever simple. You'll just have to wait til she's finished."

"Oh, and Angus, I forgot entirely," Kate said. "I brought this envelope from Michael." She handed it to Angus. Angus looked briefly in the envelope. "Thank you, Kate. I owe him big time."

"He said either a bottle of top shelf firewhiskey or one of your tiramisus would suffice nicely," she laughed.

"And I'll be happy to pay in full," Angus smiled. He got up and went briefly into Elwood's room, went downstairs and sent a message and then came back empty handed.

"That was Elwood's will?" Marcus asked.

"It was. And the key to Elwood's other vault. I sent a message to the attorney to ask him to come and meet with Elwood. I'm sure he'll respond when he gets a chance. He has numerous clients, so I don't expect an immediate reply."

Sergio and Ana came over, and they said they would just watch the babies at Angus's so they didn't have to move baby gear, so they poured themselves coffee and settled.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Sep 01, 2024 11:39 pm

Aria saw Sergio and Ana arrive and smiled " thank you so much" she said showing them where Caprice was sleeping and Amari was playing " Caprice should sleep for a while , she fell out of the crib so now she and Amari are graduating to a new low bed" Aria said and chuckled.

Ruby chuckled and shook his head "nope, not seen that yet but I bet its going to be amazing." she said smiling as she stood up and stepped back from the doorway as Angus passed by she nodded as Marcus told her it was Elwood's will and spare vault key. Heading down she smiled seeing Sergio and ana had arrived. " thank you for coming and looking after the babies" she said " we won't be long with the boys." she said and chuckled as she watched Aria go to find the boys still eating at the table.

"okay guys, grab your list and the girls and we can get going" she said smiling to them all " so hope to it don't take too long or we'll leave you behind." she told them stepping back as she saw them all scramble from the table as she cleared up the table of their plates
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 42 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top