Marriage is Murder - Page 58
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 58 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 58 of 99 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 78 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 58 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:52 pm

"No," Robert said. "Not just yet, Jack. His entire body has been through a massive trauma. The healing spells still have a great deal of work to do. Taking him back to all those kids, at this point, would probably do more harm than good. First, the kids wouldn't be able to understand why he doesn't know them. They're too little to grasp that. Besides that, it would confuse him and overwhelm him even more than he is right now, and I want to insulate him from any shocks or upsets as much as I can. He's lucky he got this far."

"He wasn't lucky," Michael said. "He had healers that weren't ready to give up on him."

"Would you all not talk about him like he isn't here right in front of you?" Jeffrey scowled, irritated.

Khaat looked across the horizon and pointed out to Marcus something she saw on shore.

"Is that a village?" she asked. "Through those trees?"

"Um...yep. Certainly is. Looks like one of those tiny, old fishing villages," he said.

"I'd like to go," she said. "I need to get out of here for just a little bit."

"Sure," he said, shrugging. "Are we shopping?"

"I dont' know. Maybe. Just walking, mainly," she said.

"Well, thats' good. Doesn't look like there's going to be much of any sort of shopping there," he said. "Too small. Now--look over there..." he pointed to a larger seaside town to the west of the tiny village she had seen. There were lots of bright colored flags and banners flying, and he could hear the faint sound of happy music.

"Now that looks more like the place to be. Some sort of a summer festival. Probably live music, shopping, street foods, looks like some sort of beach tournaments--probably volleyball and sandcastle building. You sure you dont' want to go there?"

"Maybe later. But sounds like something the others would like."

"Oi!" Marcus called to the others. "You lot should go check out the summer festival over there." He pointed to the town on the shore. "She and I might go there a bit later."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:17 pm

Jess looked at Robert she would not leave Brian's side. Jack looked in the direction of the village and heard the music then down at Jess. " be good to have some fun" he said softly to her and she sighed.

"My first job is as a healer to Brian unless Robert orders me other wise, I will not leave my post." she said softly. Jack looked at Robert and waited.

Cassidy and Steven both smiled and nodded to each other " ow might get some nice pictures and sculptures for the villa." Cassidy said Steven chuckled and nodded he didn't mind shopping.

"Sure, that spare room needs decorating still" he said and saw Cassidy frown at him.

"That spare room as you call it, is to be our nursery some time in the future" she told him " but some nice pictures would not harm" she added and stood up looking towards Robert and Brian. " would it be okay if we went?" she asked them both.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:20 pm

"I think we can handle it," Robert said. "Jess, you can go if you like. Jeffrey is here. I think we can manage. Go have a good time."

"Khaat and I are going ashore," Marcus called.

"Do be careful," Robert called. Marcus took Khaat, and they apparated to the other village, not the one with all the festivities.

To Khaat, it was lovely. It was quiet, and they clearly didn't get many tourists. Outside the local bar, a handful of local Italian men stood, smoking cigarettes, leaning against the building, talking. When they saw Khaat, they began to walk over to her, whistling at her. She shied tight to Marcus. He wrapped his arm around her waist to keep her close.

"Her brother?" one of the men asked Marcus in Italian.

"No," he said. "I'm her husband." Khaat glanced at him, and he looked at her to cue her to go along with him.

"You don't act like lovers," he sneered at Marcus. "You act like her brother. How could you have a woman like that and..."

"Move along," Marcus told them, motioning them away. He said to Khaat quietly. "Come with me." He took her into the first shop they got to, a small fruit and vegetable shop. The men followed them into the shop. Khaat tried to pull behind Marcus. The stocky Italian woman who was keeping the shop stepped out from behind the counter and started cursing at the local men in loud, brusque Italian, shooing them from her shop.

She returned to Khaat and Marcus and began speaking in agitated rapid Italian. Khaat couldn't keep up with it because it was so fast. Marcus, on the other hand, seemed to not have any issue and continued the conversation with her. Marcus gestured at her produce, and Khaat guessed he was trying to shift the conversation.

She took them over to the fruit and began giving them samples to try of the best she had. They picked out some sweet cherries, some apricots, some peaches and some fresh pears.

He took her to a couple more shops where they bought cheese, bread, and a bottle of wine. They found an olive grove on the far edge of town and sat down under the olive trees to enjoy a traditional Tuscan breakfast.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:57 pm

Jess nodded and stood up walked over to Jack who wrapped his arm around her waist. Cassidy and Steven both smiled as they aperated to the village beside Jack and Jess.

" okay we'll split up Cassidy and I want to sample the music, you to... go have fun " Steven said grinning as he took hold of cassidy hand leading her to an area with dancing people where he swept her into his arms and began to dance with her both laughing. Jess smiled at Jack and slowly started to walk to a small stall selling porcelain dolls in traditional dress.

Jack bought her one and smiled at her to him it felt like they had started again and they were on their first date again. Slowly he reached down and held her hand in his. This made Jess jump a little but she held it tight as they walked down to the beach. Slowly they walked over to the small village passing a man selling paintings she saw one she knew Brian would like.

"Ow, that would be nice for Brian and Khaat" she said and Jack agreed he walked over and smiled to the man . Luckily he spoke English and they bought the painting. Several moments later he stopped again and looked down at Jess.

" its good to have you back Jess. " He told her. Jess looked at him and moved to hold him close.

"Its good to be back, she was an evil woman when I was growing up always wanting to use me in some way, now shes gone its like things got much better, but I didn't want to not tell you, I couldn't , I tried to get a message out by using Jeffery, he had to come and get me out." She told him " I don't know what they did but the nuns let me out the same day. I went to his to compose myself then straight to you" Jack held her close he knew trust was still not quiet there but they were on step closer.

Cassidy and Steven seem to dance for hours but it was only about half an hour. Cassidy got a drink as did Steven and together they walked along a jetty quietly enjoying the view of the ship and the land around them.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:25 pm

At Brian's questions, Robert explained to him what had happened the day before and how he had ended up in this shape. He also explained to him his marriage to Khaat. Brian was frustrated--frustrated that he had been alright just yesterday and now he wasn't. Frustrated that he didn't remember his life before, his wife, his kids, his home--it all seemed to be gone.

"What she must think of me now," he said quietly.

"It frightened her," Robert said. "She thought she watched you die. She feels numb right now, I think. You'll have to give her some time."

"The man with her. The blond dude. Who is he?"

"The 'dude' is her bodyguard."

"He ogles her--constantly."

"He's not ogling," Robert laughed gently. "That's what you hired him to do. To make sure she's safe."

"And exactly how close are they?"

"If you're asking if they are romantically involved, the answer is no. Absolutely not," Robert said. "The only man she ever even looks at is you. However, if you're asking if he's ever seen her naked, then yes. He has. Its part of the job. She has a paralyzed arm and now the other one is broken. He's helped her shower and dress, but that's as far as its gone."

"We don't have women to do that?" he frowned.

"When you get your memory back, you'll also remember that you have nothing to worry about," he smiled.

When they finished their breakfast, Marcus took her shopping in a little shop that had a variety of clothing and jewelry and gifts. Khaat saw some lovely sundresses. She liked two in particular. One was lace, the other one was crocheted. Marcus bought them for her.

He also found an antique moonstone, pearl, and diamond hair comb that he thought would look nice in her hair. It was locked up and set aside as one of the premier items in the store. It was exceptionally expensive, but Marcus asked to see it.

The clerk got it out of the case and handed it to him. Marcus reached up and set it set it into her hair. He liked the way it made her hair shine.

"I'll take it," he said to the clerk.

"There is a jewelry set that matches it," he told Marcus.

"I'd like to see it, please," Marcus said.

"It is very expensive, Sir," Marcus said.

"Please," Marcus repeated. The clerk got a wooden box out and opened it. The set was exquisite. Marcus checked it to be sure the stones were genuine. "I'll take it," he said.

"You didn't even ask the price," the clerk frowned.

"If I needed to ask the price, then chances are I couldn't afford it."

"Your wife will look lovely in it," he smiled. "You are truly a lovely couple, and you are a fortunate man."

"I am indeed," Marcus said, going along with the clerk's assumptions.

"How long have you been married?" the man asked. Khaat merely watched the exchange.

"Not nearly long enough," Marcus said, pretending to be affectionate to Khaat, stroking her cheek. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the men from the bar looking in at them from the street. He wanted this settled for them once and for all. He looked at her, and she wondered what the heck he was up to. She knew the look, though. It was his "follow along" look. He wanted to make sure the local men were watching and then he made sure he kissed her slowly, deeply. It surprised her, took her breath away. He saw the men in the street turn and walk away.

"You have disappointed many men, Senora," the clerk smiled.

"I certainly hope so," Marcus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:21 pm

Brant watched from the ship having nobody to go with he chose to stay behind on board he listened to Robert and Brian and smiled as he sat down he wished Amelia was with him to see the view but he also knew she was working and was busy. But he wanted to share the view accioing his camera he took a photo and then sent it to her with a note on the back that read 'hope all's well, can't wait to meet your family and be part of it' smiling he sent it off and walked to the back of the ship.

"You guys want anything to drink?" he asked seeing the empty glass and jug beside Brian. Jack and Jess just walked until the found a small shop set just off the sea front. They watched as several men walked away from the shop they also saw threw the window why they had walked away.

"Ow sorry Khaat, we just walked her from the other village. " she said " Those are beautiful" Jess said seeing the set Marcus had both looked at him but said nothing knowing his motive...or so they hoped. Both jess and Jack knew not to judge by what they saw and smiled.

"This place is perfect isn't it" Jack said picking up a light blue lace dress He smiled seeing the look on Jess's face and after checking the size he bought it.

" you can wear it when I take you out for our dinner later tonight if were not needed " he told her before she could protest. He took the bag after he had paid for it and smiled. "Come on let leave Marcus and Khaat to their walk, we'll be around if you need us" he told them both.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:46 pm

Marcus knew exactly how to handle the situation with sophistication and continued to play his part, deliberately wanting to look like he was completely captivated by his 'wife.'

"Thank you but I think we're fine," Marcus smiled at them. "Go enjoy yourselves."

When they stepped out of the shop, she noticed that the men were drifting back into the bar, with no further interest in her.

"They just had to walk in and see that, didn't they?" she whispered to Marcus, annoyed while they had deliberately gone to another village, Jess and Jack had still managed to walk in on something they shouldn't have seen.

"Oh, ignore it," he laughed. "If they make something out of it, the joke is on them. Come on. I have an idea."

"I don't know if I want any more of your ideas," she said. He just laughed. He rented a small convertible and helped her in. He got in, and they took the main road out of town, inland, not towards the village with the summer festival, but in towards another village.

They spent a couple of hours looking at a large local farm market and buying some of the local fruits, breads, cheese, honeys, and preserves. Marcus bought a large basket, and when the returned to the car, he opened up the trunk, and as he put the packages into the trunk, he shrank them and put them into the basket.

He talked her into trying a number of the different types of street food, simply hoping to get her to eat. Their last purchase was double scoops of gelato in fresh waffle cones, which they ate on the way to return the car to the village where they'd rented it.

"Tired?" he asked her as he helped her out of the car.

"Maybe a little," she said.

"Okay," he smiled. "Let's head back to the ship. We can get some cold drinks and simply relax for awhile."

"Sounds good," she said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:49 pm

Jack lead Jess out of the shop and down to a market by the waters edge. Together they bought some shrimps and oysters to take back to the ship hoping Angus's cook can make a meal for them later on. Both of them walked down the beach Jess had her shoes in her hands while Jack had shrunk the bags and slipped them into his pocket. Now the sun was setting and both sat on the beach Jess lent against Jack.

" I have to admit this was not the best first date" he said to her but Jess smiled as she held his hand in her own.

"Good enough I hope Jack" she said simply and looked up at him. Now the light was going and they decided it was time to head back to the ship. Standing Jack wrapped his arm around her waist as he bent down and kissed her deeply. Jess relaxed and the next thing she knew they were on deck stood beside Brant who chuckled.

"I can tell you guys had a good time" he said and took a fresh pitcher of water and a cup of earl gray tea over to Brian and Robert. " Jess and Jack are back" he said as he refilled Brian's glass. Just then he saw Marcus and Khaat return and not long after a rather tired looking Cassidy who clung to Steven holding her shoes in her left hand as Steven walked her down to their cabin to sleep. " looks like those two had a good time too" he said and chuckled as he sat down.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:25 pm

When they got back on the ship, she headed to the front deck to sit in the shade. She knew the back deck really wouldn't have any shade this time of day.

Marcus took Khaat's clothing and jewelry purchases out of the basket and then gave the basket to Angus. Angus opened it and checked the purchases.

"Oh, you did really well. Looks like you got top pick of the market," he said.

"We tried," Marcus said.

"Nice job. With that and the seafood Jack brought back, we can make a lovely dinner tonight. Did you two get any lunch?"

"We did. We rented a car and drove to a town inland that had some street vendors," Marcus said.

"Wait. You passed up gourmet cuisine for Italian junk food?" he laughed.

"As a matter of fact, yes. We did," he said.

"Marcus, do I need to worry about her?" Angus asked.

"No," Marcus said. "I know she's not feeling very sociable, but she's okay, all things considered. Can you put these in her cabin, please?" He handed the dresses and the jewelry to him.

"Certainly. I'll send you out some cold drinks too," Angus said.

"Thank you."

Robert thanked Brant for bringing more drinks. He had left Brian where he was for the day, making sure that periodically he was shaded with a large umbrella to keep Brian from being overexposed to the sun.

"I need to talk to her," Brian said to Robert, seeing the woman return that he was supposedly married to.

"No need to push it," Robert said. "Give yourselves both some time. She's not going to give up on you that fast. Honestly, you really should be resting at some point. You've been out of bed all day."

"And I've not gone anywhere," he said to Robert.

"Still, you need to go to back to your cabin after dinner tonight and rest," Robert said.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:08 pm

Brant looked at Robert and nodded " its okay" he said and saw Khaat and Marcus move to the other end of the ship he knew they wanted quiet. Brant watched as Robert said he needed to go and talk to Khaat and Marcus. Jess heard as well and moved down to sit close to Brian while Jack took the things down to the cabin and hung up the dress he had bought after dropping off the seafood he had bought.

Cassidy now exhausted lay on the bed her eyes half open as she drifted into sleep she had not had such a lively day nor did she know Steven could dance that well. " you nap I'll come and get ya when dinners ready" Steven said as he kissed her then headed up onto the deck.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 58 of 99 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 78 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top