Marriage is Murder - Page 57
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 57 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 57 of 99 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 78 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 57 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:04 am

Kate headed up on deck to get some morning tea. Robert went to Brian's room and found Jeffrey was feeding Brian something from a glass with a straw. Robert had not expected to see Brian awake and able to drink. Robert didn't say anything. He merely watched. Jeffrey had discontinued life support. Robert waited until Jeffrey had set the glass aside.

"Things are better," Jeffrey said to Robert quietly. Robert looked into Brian's eyes and saw Brian was still somewhat confused and disoriented. "He knows his thinking isn't what it should be, but its so much better than what we expected it to be at this early stage that I have to say I am really surprised."

Robert assessed Brian and set more healing spells in place.

"Very slow today," Robert told Brian. "Rest. If you want to be up on deck, you can do that, but there's no way I want you on your feet."

"He's not going to be," Jeffrey said. "If we can't apparate him up there without having him have to stand or walk, then he's just not going. He's not ready to really be out of bed, but he's certainly not doing it without help."

"Agreed," Robert said. He headed up on deck. He greeted everyone. "I hope there is some Earl Grey this morning," he said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:18 am

Brant smiled seeing Robert on deck. " I think...yes this pot is earl gray." He said and pored a cup for him turning he handed it to him then picked up his own to head to the bench to sit down. "um..hows Brian doing?" he asked and saw the look Jack and Jess gave him "Hey, it had to be asked, you both said you were wondering it as well. " he added and turned to look at Robert.

Cassidy walked up on deck and yawned but was soon holding some orange juice she smiled to Robert as she moved to sit down picking up a bagel as she did so to eat. " yum.. wonderful bagels Angus." she said as she ate the cream cheese and salmon bagel. She wanted to know how Brian was but felt that if Robert was on deck he was improving.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:27 am

"He's not on life support at the moment. He seems to be holding his own. He's had some fluids, and that seems to have gone well," Robert said. "He's pretty confused and disoriented, and that's far better than we expected him to be.

"I know is not going to be good for him to be down in that cabin all day. He needs to get some sunshine, some fresh air. But he really, by rights, should be in bed. If he were home, he'd be certainly in St. Mungos, and most likely still in intensive care. So--if he's up on deck, he is not to be on his feet. He needs to be on a chaise. Laying. Not sitting, not standing. He needs rest. I've set more healing spells in place.

"He's not going to have much of a concept of time, so go gently with him. I'd like him to not get dehydrated, but if we push fluids, he may get agitated because it will all blur together for him. Patience will be the key word with him today. Patience and quiet. Make sense?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:50 am

Brant, Cassidy, Jess and Jack all nodded "Of course, I'll transfigure a seat to a chaise for him." Brant said "but its good news, a small step but a good one" he added Cassidy nodded as did Jess.

"I'll relive Jeremy once I have some food." Jess said moving to take some juice and a bagel as well. Jack grabbed some food as well and sat down next to Jess to eat.

"Do you think hes himself?" Jack asked as as he sipped his coffee he reached out and took some of Jess's bagel. She protested but let him and shook her head.

"If you wanted one get one there right over there" she said softly with a chuckle and looked to Robert "Well, looks like I'll go relive Jeffery" she said and headed down to Brian's room. Walking in she smiled to him. " Hows the patient doing?" she asked picking up his chart and reading it.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:02 am

"You don't need to transfigure a chair to a chaise," Robert said. "There are plenty on the rear deck. And that's where the best sun is anyway. If he wants to come up on deck, just put him there. As for whether he's himself or not, I don't know that we know yet. Its too soon to tell. Keep things simple for him today, but don't talk down to him."

Jeffrey was finishing helping Brian get freshened up for the day. He was clean, shaved, and in just a pair of shorts and a t shirt.

"He's pretty confused and overwhelmed," Jeffrey said. "Speech is a bit uncomfortable today, but that might come. He's not interested in food but he'll sip on fluids. I think if we keep the confusion down he may do ok."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:24 am

Jess nodded to Jeffery and walked over to them both " Robert suggested the chaise on the Rear of the ship he can sit out on" she said to Jeffery " he also said no walking just Laying. Not sitting, not standing." she repeated Roberts orders as she marked in his chart what Robert had said to do for him. "Ow and confusion was to be kept at a minimum as well" she said and smiled " Jack and I are good." She told Jeffery as she offered Brian a sip of water from the cup with a straw she held out for him.

"Would some restoration potion help?" she asked looking to Brian " might help boost his energy levels." she was just thinking of ways to help boost his healing but she knew pushing it would do just as much damage and she shook her head " no it might do more damage, time is the best" she said looking at Brian again.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:41 am

"Yes," Jeffrey said. "I know." He looked at Brian. "Sunshine? Yes? Sure beats laying down here in the dark, doesn't it?" Brian just looked at him, rather blank. "Ok, sunshine it is," Jeffrey said. "Let's just try it." Jeffrey looked at Jess.

"His memory is pretty swiss cheesed right now. We're just going to have to be patient. I'm going to apparated him up onto the rear deck, and we'll get him settled up there. You might bring his pillow and that light blanket there on the end of the bed. The early morning air might be too cool for him. It'll be better when it warms up a bit."

Jeffrey pulled back the covers and apparated Brian up to one the chaises up on deck. Brian found the morning sunshine to be blinding. He somehow didn't feel used to it.

"Can someone go down to his cabin and get his sunglasses?" Jeffrey asked. He handed Brian his own temporarily. "Do you want some tea?"

"Do I drink tea?" Brian managed to ask, his speech was a bit slow and he had to work at his words.

"No," Robert said. "You do not. Its not your preference. Here. Try this." He poured Brian a half a cup of French roast. "This is what you usually want."

"It looks like tar," Brian said frowning, looking into the cup.

"Sorta tastes like it too," Robert said. "But its what you like."

Marcus had helped Khaat up and dress. She had chosen denim short shorts and a natural colored crocheted halter top, with little natural colored sandals. Marcus had cast spells for her hair and her make up.

He took her up on deck, where they were both surprised to see Brian there, being tended to by Jeffrey and Robert. Brian saw her, and he was simply stunned by her. To him, she was the most beautiful creature he had ever seen.

Michael came out to the deck, poured himself tea and poured her a large mug of French Roast.

"Look," Marcus said to her, pointing to a sight off the bow. There was a school of fish jumping and leaping in the water. She walked towards the front to go see them.

"Who was that?" Brian asked.

"That was your wife," Michael said.

"I'm married?"

"You were," Michael said sarcastically, knowing Khaat had every reason to be angry with him.

"Oh, she's my ex, then? Good," Brian said, feeling relieved that he didn't have a wife he didn't know.
Khaat froze for a moment, hearing him say he was glad she was his ex instead of his wife. Marcus prodded her to keep moving towards the front of the boat, not wanting something to start.

"She might be your ex now," Michael sighed. Brian didn't understand his remark, and instead, he devoted himself to trying his coffee.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:29 pm

Jess looked at Jeffery and nodded grabbing the blanket and pillow, she saw his sunglasses and picked those up too. As they left she headed up on deck seeing Brian and hearing what he had said she frowned but said nothing knowing it was the confusion in his mind that had made him say those words. She placed the blanket over his legs and the pillow behind his back. She handed Brian's glasses to Jeffery. "You forgot to bring these, I thought he might need them. " she said.

Brant looked at the back of the ship and then to a school of fish just off the side of the ship." ow wheres my fishing rod, I can never find it when I need it." He said chuckling " its like it doesn't want to be used"
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:05 pm

"Not your best choice for catching or eating," Angus said. "Those are flying fish. Better to just enjoy them. There are better things to fish for."

Up at the bow, Marcus helped Khaat with her coffee as they watched the flying fish.

"You can't take him seriously, you know," he told her.

"Its okay that he doesn't remember me," she said.

"Well, no, its really not," he said. "But it might well be temporary."

"And, realistically, it is more likely that its isn't temporary."

"Are you writing him off? Is that what I'm hearing?"

"I didn't say that," she said. "But he's right. If he doesn't remember, he's better off single and not tied to having a wife and kids he just doesn't know."

"Can you please not make that decision today?"

"I'm not making any decisions today," she said.

"How about we talk about breakfast?" he asked.

"I don't want any," she said.

"Okay, then what would you like to do?"

"Work on my tan," she said.

"Okay," he shrugged. "That works."

"Who's the woman?" he asked Jeffrey. "Seriously."

"Which one?"

"The blond with the long legs," he said.

Jeffrey laughed. "You noticed the legs, did you?"

"Yeah. Nice legs," he said.

"She really is your wife," he said.

"Are we close?"

"I have no idea," Jeffrey said.

"I don't remember her," he said. "Are there kids?"

"Yes. Six or so, I think," Jeffrey said.

"Six? Am I out of my mind?"

"Eight," Michael corrected. Brian groaned.

"I must be out of my mind," he sighed.

"If you're still talking like that when she comes back here to this rear deck, you're going to be divorced if you're not careful," Michael said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:36 pm

Jess sat quiet watching the flying fish as she saw Brian chuckle and nod his head " yeah there beautiful almost silver like when the sun catches them" he said leaning on the railing watching them as well. Jack just lay sunning himself next to Jess he glanced over at Khaat and Marcus as they talked he knew Marcus was right in what he was saying but he could also hear Brian talking to Michael and sighed. He wondered if returning seeing the kids might help his mind return or if it would be too much.

"Do you think seeing a familiar place might help Brian to remember?" Jack asked as he walked over to Robert and stood facing them both. Jess looked at Robert knowing it wouldn't that only time would tell Brian being the way he was now was a surprise to them all.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 57 of 99 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 78 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top