Marriage is Murder - Page 30
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 30 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 30 of 99 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 64 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 30 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:18 am

Brian gave the order for them to pack for a few days in Tuscany. He said they would leave after breakfast the next morning. That would give everyone a chance to pack--including him. He was packing now for himself, his wife, and 8 toddlers--including twin newborns.

He wasn't concerned about Robert and Kate's packing. They were well experienced at packing in a hurry or travelling with nothing. If they went with nothing, Brian had no doubt that Robert and Kate would simply rely on Tobias to outfit them.

"Can I help you pack?" Marcus asked, well experienced at packing in a hurry for Khaat and the children.

"I can help," Khaat said. "I'm not helpless."

"Thank you, Marcus," Brian said. "Khaat, it would help if you could simply look after the twins for a bit. If Marcus and I do this while the other kids are napping, then it will make everything go faster and smoother. Anything in particular you want us to pack for you?"

"Marcus already knows, I'm sure," she said.

"I do," he smiled. "It'll only take a few minutes. Do behave while I'm gone, will you?"

"Perhaps," she said with just a hint of a smile.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Fri May 02, 2014 12:59 am

Brant sighed stood up he had his bag all packed he never left one unpacked " I'll make sure the others pack" he said and moved to find the others once done he headed back " so you feeling better?" he asked Khaat " because you certainly have your fight back I'll give you that" he said and chuckled.

Moving to the chair close by he placed down his back pack between his feet he wondered if Angus was working in his office " so will Angus be joining us or staying here?" he asked he had a feeling Edward would be going with them as he like Brant would be going home. This he could not wait for , to see his family and let them know he might be getting married. For some reason he liked that idea even if it would be a childless marriage.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri May 02, 2014 1:16 am

"Physically, yes," Khaat said. "Can't say I'm happy about how the twins came into the world, though."

"Those nightmares will ease up a bit in time," Marcus said.

"Yes," she said, feeling like it was partly a lie. She still had nightmares more than she liked. Sometimes it was about James, sometimes it was about Felix, and sometimes it was reliving how Rob had left her--but now she saw Brian leaving her, not Rob. It was an odd twist on a bad memory.

"Brian wouldn't take us back to Tuscany and not offer Angus a chance to go," Marcus said. "He'd never deny him a chance to get home for awhile."

"Have you been to Italy much, Marcus?" Khaat asked him.

"I have," he said, smiling. "I've been all over Italy but I prefer either the Tuscany region or Venice."

"Then you do belong with us."

"Indeed," he said. "Give me just a few minutes to help Brian pack for you and the kids and I'll be right back." He went upstairs.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Fri May 02, 2014 1:35 am

Brant listened and hummed at the mention of nightmares " there is a potion for those I'm sure Robert knows it" he said softly " I'll stay with her Marcus" he said and moved a little closer to her. He could not help but chuckle as Khaat said Marcus was indeed meant to be with them. " wonder if he has met any of our family before" he said softly as he watched Marcus leave.

Brant said no more about the potion he was not sure if Robert wanted her to have it or just to work things out in her own mind. " I have to say I am happy the twins are hear but agree it was not the way you both had planned it" he said softly as he heard Ben murmurer but not cry then settle back to sleep.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri May 02, 2014 11:20 pm

"We use the potion quite often in St. Mungos," Khaat said. "Odd as it sounds, in my position at the hospital, I don't use potions very much. Most of them have caused me to get very groggy, and with James around, I've never wanted to be very heavily drugged. I've wanted to be able to be alert at a moments notice if I needed to."

That much was true. She didn't want to sleep these days without having either Brian or Marcus with her. Marcus was already well experienced with sleeping with one eye open, and Brian was used to being awakened by her very frequent nightmares. He was also used to her not being able to sleep at all when the fear got to be too much. If it all went on too long, Brian usually either got her a sleep potion or used a sleep spell. She gave him less resistance about that than the potion to stop nightmares.

"You simply need to get out of England awhile so you can stop looking over your shoulder," Edward said, coming in. He peeked into the bassinets and pulled the blanket back over one of the twins that had gotten partly uncovered by kicking. "Some sunshine and some warmth and a bit of freedom would do you a great deal of good. Not to mention some time with your father where you two can actually talk."

"James has come to Italy for me before," Khaat sighed.

"He has troubles of his own right now," Edward said. "My best guess is that he's either finding a new lair or is having to carve out some agreement with Fenrir to get some help. Fenrir has the only other significant sized pack with enough resources to take in a group James' size. Fenrir is egotistical enough he won't make it easy for James. James will have to grovel, and I don't think he does that easy. You do have good reason to fear James, but I think you'll be alright for a few days. If I thought otherwise, I'd surely tell you."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Fri May 02, 2014 11:35 pm

Brant looked as Edward walked in and he listened to him talk " hes not steered you wrong so far" he said softly as he looked from Khaat to Edward." I agree With Edward, some down time does sound good " he said " help recharge the batteries" he added as he sat back in his chair. Steven and Cassidy walked in leaving several cases beside the stairs.

"their right Khaat, you need it most of all and Edwards right too, if Fenrir has taken him in he'll have that old were to fuss about first." Steven said Cassidy nodded.

"And from what I heard he's one tough werewolf." she said as she moved to sit next to Brant
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 03, 2014 12:01 am

"Oh, definitely," Edward said. "You're all correct. Fenrir's name commands the utmost in respect from most every werewolf, and still strikes fear in most hearts--and with good reason. Besides that, if James goes to him for help, Fenrir is going to want to make very certain that James isn't going to forget who's lair it is. That's just pack order. The alpha males needs to be very certain he has all other pack members, especially aggressive males, in line. As the animal he is, James will expect it. He might well have to fight Fenrir."

"How would he ever win against an 80 year old man?" she sighed, frustrated.

"Oh, no, no," Edward said. "Don't underestimate him. Very few werewolves live to old age without something going for them. And no old werewolf keeps his position by reputation. He has to be able to fight for it. And he has to win. The younger males would be fighting him to get the pack if he's too feeble to win. No, James might be brutal, but I'm willing to bet that Fenrir can take that to a whole new level."

"And you don't think that's already happened?"

"Probably not," Edward said. "I doubt it."

"Then how much time do you think, realistically, that we've got?"

"To be James free? Oh, probably a couple of weeks. Maybe a bit more. And if we keep it very quiet, it might take him awhile to figure out you're not still holed up here. Hopefully, that will give you and your father both a bit of time. You need it, and your father needs to get some sense of normality back after having that damned curse for so long."

"I've missed him even though he's been right here," she said.

"He's missed you too," Edward smiled.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sat May 03, 2014 12:10 am

Brant, Steven and Cassidy all smiled and nodded as Jack walked in hearing Edward talk he stayed quiet and folded his arms across his chest. " hes right, James will have to start at the bottom and work his way up to Fenrir, as much as he was top dog in his own pack in Fenrir's hes nothing but a whelp " Jack said " It's pack law" he said in a matter of face tone as he moved to the kitchen to make some tea. Popping  his head back in he spoke again this time in a lighter tone and smiling."any one want tea?" he asked " I'm making it fresh?"

Brant and Cassidy both chuckled " sure I'll have some as long as its not that strong it will keep me awake for days at a turn" Brant said as he stood and walked over to the door " I'll keep an eye on him, his tea is like rocket fuel, come on I'll show you the right way to make it " he said and disappeared with a chuckling Jack into the kitchen.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 03, 2014 12:28 am

Marcus and Brian finished packing and brought down two large duffle bags with shoulder straps and set them down on the floor.

"Are we moving out?" Khaat frowned.

"My dear," Brian said, "we're packing for 12 people--and a mountain of baby stuff. We had to shrink everything extra small in order to get it all taken care of."

"Question. How do we carry 14 toddlers?"

"We have enough folks to manage," Marcus said.

"And if you don't, I have enough Donohues to come and help," Edward said. "Now, can you find anything else to worry about?"

"Did I leave you too long?" Marcus laughed. "You need something else to think about." He got out the backgammon board and set the men up, and put the dice in the dice cups.

"Didn't you have enough of being beaten yet?" she asked.

He merely looked at her. "You must have amnesia. I won the last match."

"Oh, you did not," she frowned.

"Did too. Roll the dice. Ladies first. I'll be happy to beat you again to remind you."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sat May 03, 2014 12:36 am

Brant walked back in with a tray of tea cups and a large tea pot he heard Marcus and Khaat and chuckled knowing Khaat did beat him last time. Jack walked in with his own large cup of tea. "Shall I play mother?" He asked and pored two cups one for Khaat and one for Marcus.

He gathered his cup and sat back down as Steven pored out for Cassidy and himself. "Don't worry Jack did not get near the pot." He said as Jack chuckled and shrugged his shoulder" besides I need the practice if I'm going to be married" he said and looked at Khaat.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 99 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 64 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top