Marriage is Murder - Page 31
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 31 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 31 of 99 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 65 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 31 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 03, 2014 12:48 am

"Ah, well, the law has gotten a lot of people," Khaat sighed. "I'm hoping some of those relationships actually work." She rolled her dice and moved two of her men.

"Well, now that does depend on your definition of working," Marcus said. "Thank you, Jack." He rolled his dice, looked over the board and promptly sent both of her men to the bar.

"Already?" she frowned. "You do know that means war, right?"

"If you can," he shrugged, enjoying the competition. She narrowed her eyes at him, rolled double fives and got both her men off the bar, moving them in pairs to the next set of five points.

She began to smell food. "What am I smelling?"

"That would be, I believe, Suki and Dottie making homemade gourmet pizzas for tonight's dinner," Edward said.

"The kids will like that," Brian said. "They can eat their weight in pizza."

"That doesn't say much for them. So can Jack," Edward said dryly.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sat May 03, 2014 12:57 am

Brant smiled and looked at Khaat "Well I for one agree this woman is nice, shes a professor at the school, we both agreed not to have kids at first but to see where it goes" he said still smiling "She is a....beautiful, intelligent woman and mother." He paused feeling his cheeks turning pink and the smirk on Jacks face.

Cassidy looked at the board as Khaat made her move her tummy rumbled at the smell of the pizzas" ow they smell wonderful." She said and Steven agreed with her as he drank his tea. Jack just stayed quiet th en when his name was said he looked up.

" Hey, its not my fault there just too darn tasty." he said and chuckled and shrugged his shoulders smiling at the smell of the pizza's " I do hope they make an extra large one for me?" he said and saw Cassidy try not to laugh out loud.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 03, 2014 1:09 am

"I'm sure they'll make lots of pizzas, knowing how this lot can put them away," Marcus said.

"Well, I hope it works out, Brant." she said. "By the way, not to be nosy, but I have to ask," Khaat said, looking at Brian and Marcus "did either of you get any signs of life from my father's room?"

"I believe they stepped out," Marcus said. "I wouldn't worry. I think they were looking for some privacy."

"What makes you think they left?" Brian frowned.

"I heard some low talking and then the sound of apparating," he said.

"What if they're in trouble?" she asked.

"No," Marcus smiled. "They didn't sound like they were the least bit distressed. Drink your tea. And you're on the bar again." She looked at the bar and scowled.

"You are not nice," she said.

"You said you could win. So, win--if you can."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sat May 03, 2014 1:19 am

Brant smiled and nodded "So do I Khaat, so do I" he said and simply sat back with a smile. When she mentioned Robert and Kate he nodded as Marcus spoke. " I heard that too, there fine" he said smiling to her then looking at the board " ow tough one ?" he said and sipped his tea. Jack watched and hoped they had made the extra large pizza.

" yeah there good like that " Jack said to Marcus and sat down to watch the game unfold in front of him. " hum... who am I rooting for again?" he asked and chuckled but received a poke from Cassidy.

" Khaat of course" she said but Jack looked at Marcus then back at Cassidy. " well Marcus is doing pretty well too" Cassidy rolled her eyes and shook her head.

" I'm for betting Khaat wins" she said sipping her tea.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun May 04, 2014 12:06 am

"By all means, do side with her," Marcus said, teasing. "She needs all the help she can get."

"You really are asking for it," she said. It took them while, as a rather heated contest, but they finished the game just as Suki set up the dining room sideboard as a buffet for pizza and sodas. The other house elves brought the children downstairs and got them settled at the table with pizza and glasses of soda.

Marcus and Khaat had each gotten down to one man apiece, so Marcus won by just one man.

"A well fought game," Marcus smiled. "I think its time for dinner. We need to eat. Shall we go to the table?"

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun May 04, 2014 12:31 am

Brant chuckled and looked to Marcus as he then turned to see the pizza's on the table and the house elves walking the children down to the table. Jack stood up and chuckled " good game Marcus" he said as he walked over and lifted James into his chair he then moved around the table and helped the others in.

Cassidy chuckled and looked at Khaat " that last move was brilliant" she said as she stood but stayed close to Khaat " I could bring some over if your not up to it?" she said glancing at Steven who shook his head.

" Cassidy I'm sure Khaat just wants to spend some quality time with the kids." He told her "Besides Marcus has her in hand" he said and smiled as he took Cassidys hand and moved her to the table before she could say anything else.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun May 04, 2014 12:50 am

"Thank you," Khaat said to Cassidy's comment about the game. She'd have gladly just stayed where she was. She didn't really want to get up and go out to the table, but Marcus was already getting her up and moving her forward. He didn't intend to simply let her overthink things. He knew from his own experience that sometimes it was important to try to keep moving forward if it was possible.

She didn't say anything, didn't fight him, but she just went. She wasn't overly hungry but she did choose a couple of small pieces of pizza.

For dessert, Suki had made some raspberry tarts. There had been some plentiful raspberry plants in the greenhouse that had given her just enough for a nice batch of tarts. Suki served the tarts with a choice of tea or espresso.

Khaat, Marcus, Edward, Angus, and Brian chose espresso. Michael chose tea. Khaat was just starting to sip on her espresso when she heard both of the twins start to cry in their bassinets.

"I'll go," Brian told her. "Enjoy your coffee." He got up and headed to the living room.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun May 04, 2014 1:10 am

Cassidy made sure nothing was in Khaats way to the table. Cassidy sat with Steven between James and Jaylen. Brant moved and sat down next to Jack poring some juice for himself but choosing espresso for once he had eaten.

"Espresso is a good coffee " he said and smiled knowing he had lived on the stuff when he was traveling, it had seen him threw several long nights. Jack just kept to his normal not wanting to be too hyped when they left to go to Tuscany.

" I hope theres fresh food in the villa when we get there" Brant said " I'd like to try my hand at Piella" he said as he ate his pizza "as good as pizza is, it isn't exactly Tuscan food" he said as he took a second bite.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun May 04, 2014 9:31 pm

"It's Spanish," Michael said, "but Italy does have all the right ingredients to make it. Shouldn't be a problem."

"You used to fix paella, Michael," Khaat said.

"I haven't forgotten how," he laughed. "The key to a good paella is in the sofrito, and everyone has their own recipe for that. There are the basics, of course, but its the little differences that either makes it or breaks it."

"Well, if he plans on making it, you might have to pack your paella pan," Khaat said. "Brant won't find those in Italy."

"Angus has a big one in the kitchen here," Michael said. "I'll try to remember to toss it in my bag. More espresso, Khaat?"

"Perhaps I will," she said. Michael poured her a second cup.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun May 04, 2014 10:39 pm

Brant looked at Khaat " you sure..hum I have never been that of before" he said and Steven chuckled as he patted Brant's shoulder.

"Always a first time for everything mate." He said and Brant chuckled nodding as he agreed.

"I still want to make it though, could you show me your way of making it, Michael?" He asked Michael as he smiled at the mention of a paella dish that he had. "Ow nice, do I get to use that or is it for your use only?" He asked Cassidy chuckled. Jack fed Little Robert and watched as he fed himself.

" you should find a Tuscan meal and make that Brant " Jack said and saw the look on his face as he thought about it long and hard.

"Thats a good idea Jack." he said making note to pick up some recipes or ask Michael and Angus for some.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 99 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 65 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top