Marriage is Murder - Page 32
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 32 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 32 of 99 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 65 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 32 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun May 04, 2014 10:56 pm

"I'll bring the pan and show you a Tuscan version I fixed for one of Remus's birthdays many years ago," Michael said.

Morning came early, or it seemed so to Khaat. She hadn't slept well--again. She'd tried really hard not to wake Brian, but she had awakened him several times. He had gotten up as she was in a light doze and had showered and dressed. She was awake again when he came out of the bathroom.

"I wish you'd let me help you sleep," he sighed. "You've got to get some rest at some point."

"I think you lot should go on to Tuscany without me," she said softly. "You need the break from me."

"You're out of your mind if you think I'm doing that--even if I left Marcus with you. That's hardly the point. We're a family, and I told you a long time ago that I wasn't going to have a marriage like that. Now--you kept saying in your sleep it was your fault. What was?"

"It was just a dream," she said.

"Not when you have it over and over. Just tell me. What was it?"

"Well, it is my fault. James being after me is causing 90% of his issue. And it surely is more than anyone around us can stand...."

"What on earth are you talking about?" he frowned, pouring coffee for them from the morning tea tray and handing her a mug. "James' choices are his own. You didn't ask him to chase you. And he's got his sights on bigger quarry right now--like the rest of the planet. Or are you somehow feeling guilty that some of our friends haven't always handled James well?"

"Well, they don't always."

"And neither do we. He's brutal. We don't have to like it. Is this about Jess and Jack?"

"No," she said quietly, setting her coffee aside. She got up and headed towards the closet.

"You want me to help you shower before I go check on the kids?"

"No," she said. "I can do it." A moment later, Marcus knocked on the door. Brian answered it. Marcus noticed the empty bed and frowned.

"She's in a mood," Brian said quietly, gesturing to the closet. "She had nightmares all night again."

"We'll be fine," Marcus said. "Give us 20 minutes or so, and we'll be downstairs. Oh, and by the way, the Minister is back, and things must be well. I thought I heard Kate humming. He ordered a tea tray about 45 minutes ago, and I saw him accio'ing the bassinets to his room. So he's got the twins. "

"Good for him," Brian said.

"Did we miss anything in our packing?"

"I don't think so," Brian said. "You're sure you don't want me to stay and help her shower?"

"No, Sir. I've got it. We've got a routine. It'll be fine," Marcus said. Brian merely nodded and took his mug and headed to the nursery to check on the rest of the kids.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun May 04, 2014 11:59 pm

Jack and Steven made a patrol of the area and grounds and found all to be quiet they returned noticing movement up in Khaats room but knew they were awake and headed to the kitchen for breakfast Cassidy walked past Khaats room and sighed. She knew that Jess's leaving was nothing to do with what had happened to Khaat she had just not taken everything well and needed to be with Jeffery again.

Brant stretched as he walked out his room and saw Cassidy " ahem don't eves drop" he told her and Cassidy chuckled and headed down but Brant stopped to listen then saw Brian leave fore the nursery, " did Khaat sleep okay?" he asked " if not I have a potion that could still her mind so she could get a good night sleep?" he said walking with him to the nursery door.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 05, 2014 12:16 am

"Pretty typical for her," Brian sighed. "You're welcome to bring the potion, but I don't know that she'd take it. I could cast a calm spell or a sleep spell but she won't let me do that either. She says she wants to work this out for herself. With a little luck, Robert will be able to talk some sense into her where I haven't been able to...." He was cut off by the sound of angry toddlers fighting in the nursery.

"Oh, lovely," he sighed. "Just the way I wanted to start the day. Excuse me. Sounds like I need to add a boxing ring to the house." He went to the nursery and found Abbey in a fist fight of sorts with Dakota.

"Hey," he frowned. "Hey, hey. What's going on with you two?" He separated them.

"I no like her no more!" Abbey shouted angrily.

"I no liked you first!" Dakota hit Abbey.

"Alright," Brian held them apart at arm's length. "What started this?"

"She gots my toy and she broked it!" Abbey said.

"Nuh uh!" Dakota said. "It mine! My toy!" Dakota picked up both pieces of the broken doll.

"No," Brian said calmly, taking the pieces from her. "My toy now."

"I no like you neither!" Dakota was angry at him now too.

"Okay," Brian said. Her unusual bit of smart mouthing had almost caught him off guard, but he wasn't going to show her that. "Abbey, go down to breakfast. Dakota, you need a time out." Brian knew the doll did indeed belong to Abbey, but he was purposely not going to fix it. He wanted them to eventually learn that when they fought, neither of them would end up with the toy.

Abbey angrily stomped out of the nursery, and Dakota scowled bitterly at Brian.

"Did you forget where the time out corner is?" Brian asked her quietly. "I said go."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Mon May 05, 2014 12:24 am

Brant nodded but was about to speak when he too heard the noise " thought we already had one in the basement?" He said and chuckled as he then followed him to the nursery door and watched what and how Brian handled the fight. "a little diplomacy work every time" he said softly motioning to the other children to head down behind Abby as she walked past him.

"Those two almost never fight about things especially a doll, I wonder what brought that on?" he said watching as Dakota walked away to a corner and stood with her back to them. " How long you going to give her?" he asked " I'm only asking because Amelia has kids and I guess I should learn more on how to handle them, and well your the best person I know, besides Robert, at doing just that" he said and looked over at Dakota in her corner.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 05, 2014 12:40 am

"I just see no point in arguing with a toddler," Brian said. "She'll be lucky if she lasts 2 minutes, but surely no more than four at the very most. I normally don't use more than one minute for every year they are old.

"I think the reason that Abbey was willing to fight for that particular toy is because Papa just gave that one to her at Easter. Toys are replaceable, though. The lesson isn't always so replaceable. Not always. On the other hand, Abbey takes a lot of crap sometimes from Dakota. Abbey's going to need to learn to stand up for herself."

Abbey had gone to her Papa's room and had merely thrown open the door and had gone in to find Papa buttoning his shirt. She went over and wrapped herself around his leg.

"What's all this?" he frowned.

"Daddy no like me no more," she sniffled.

"What?" he frowned. "What on earth would make you think that?"

"Kota tooked my doll and broked it, and Daddy like her more than me."

"Now that doesn't sound like Daddy," Robert frowned. "Where's your doll?"

"Daddy tooked it."

"Ah. I see," Robert said, understanding. "Well, we're going on a little trip today. Maybe you and I can go to the beach later on."

"The beach?"

"Yeah," he said. "You know how to swim."

"And you could look for shells and make sandcastles," Kate said.

"Those go away," she sighed.

"They're supposed to, Dear," Robert laughed. "The water takes the sandcastles away again."

"Abbey, you'd better take Papa to breakfast," Kate said. "He said he was very hungry today." Abbey nodded and tugged on Robert's hand.

"Okay, I'm coming," Robert said, going with her down to the dining room.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Mon May 05, 2014 1:12 am

Brant stood and listened nodding as Brian spoke about how he disciplined them. "Sounds like sound advice" He said and looked at the doll that Brian still held. "So are you going to get that for her?" he asked reaching out to take it from him "If its okay with you, would you mind leaving it with me?" He asked wanting to fix the doll with out ether of the girls knowing that it was done.

Brant turned to see Roberts door swing closed and frowned wondering why that had happened it was as he passed and heard Abby he chuckled and shook his head heading down to his lab then to the kitchen for some breakfast for himself. As he entered he smiled seeing Robert already there with Abby. "Morning Robert and Abby" he said smiling to them both.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 05, 2014 1:29 am

"I was actually going to just toss it, but you can take it and repair it so long as we don't give it to them in the near future. The lesson needs to be good and fixed in their little heads before they see it again," Brian said, handing over the two pieces of the doll.

Robert had helped Abbey cut her piece of French toast into finger sized strips and had given her a bit of syrup in a dipping sauce cup. He'd given her a bit of scrambled egg and a piece of bacon.

"Good morning," Robert said to Brant.

"No berries?" Abbey asked.

"Not this morning," Suki said. "I'm sorry, Abbey. We're all out." Abbey looked at Robert like that just wasn't even possible.

"Abs," Angus said. "You can go with me to the farmer's market and we'll buy a lot of berries. I promise."

"I can go out?" she asked, wide eyed, looking at Angus and then at Robert.

"Yes," Robert said, "You can. Do take a second adult with you, Angus. Let's take no chances."

"Certainly," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Mon May 05, 2014 1:45 am

Brant nodded to Brian and left the room he headed down to the dining room. As he sat and listened he smiled. "Ow I'll come, I need to get some...things, if thats okay Angus." he said not giving to much away he wanted to get something for Amelia, like a gift to show he was thinking of her even in Tuscany he hoped he was not taking it to fast to quick that and he wanted to get some provisions for the meal he would cook for them all.

Steven walked down and looked at every one as he brushed his some what unruly hair down. "Sorry, didn't get much sleep, that west fence is looking rather worn and I was think of getting it repaired while were away." He added picking up some toast and spreading jam over it with out butter as he ate it. Jack was next to walk down he didn't pick up any food but did glance at it.

"looks goods Suki " he said and grabbed his jacket heading to the door " going to fix that fence, won't take me long, I'll be back intime for us to leave." he said and left. Steven frowned and shrugged his shoulder
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 05, 2014 1:56 am

"That's fine," Robert said to Brant as Kate joined them at the table. "Just don't let yourselves get so caught up in shopping that you lose the three year old."

Brian rescued Dakota from her time out and brought her downstairs. She was putting and unhappy but he was treating her as if nothing had happened. He made sure she had her plate and sat beside her, ready to get into his own.

"Khaat's not eating?" Kate asked.

"She's just late," Brian said.

"Mr Belby just notified us that they're coming," Dottie said, bringing in another pitcher of orange juice. "We're going to fix their plates now. Minister, do you need us to pack for you, Sir?"

"No thank you, Dottie," Robert said. "We got the message and we're packed. Are you all coming with us?"

"Oh, no. No, Sir. Our duties here at the house are going to keep us quite busy," she said. "But thank you, Sir."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Mon May 05, 2014 2:08 am

Brant looked t Robert and chuckled as he said about losing a three year old . "We won't Robert, I'm sure Abby will make her presence known." he said then watched as Dakota walked down with Brian and sat at the table with her. Jack returned several minuets later and slipped off his jacket.

" two of the posts were rotten other than that everything is sound, I got two men replacing the posts." he told them all and took some breakfast this time and ate. " yum this is good" he said some what surprised though he really shouldn't be as he'd had there cooking before.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 99 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 65 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top