Marriage is Murder - Page 59
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 59 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 59 of 99 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 79 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 59 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:18 pm

Brian really did want to try to speak to her. He made an effort to get up. Robert stopped him immediately.

"And what did I just tell you? he scowled at Brian. "You are not ready to be up on your feet. Nor are you ready to try to meet her again. If I wanted you up on your feet, I'd have let you do that myself. Sit yourself down there and behave."

"She needs to know...." Brian began, frustrated.

"If she needs to know anything, I will tell her," Robert said. "Settle. If you don't, I'll make sure you get back down to your cabin before you wanted to."

"I'm not a child," Brian scowled.

"No, but you are not well either. Give her space and take care of yourself."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:35 pm

Jack heard Brian and walked up back on deck. " everything okay?" he asked looking from Brian to Robert and back. He stood with his arms folded as he looked at Brian " want me to carry him back to his room?" he said smirking as he spoke. Jess smiled and shook her head knowing he was only joking with them both.

Steven walked up on the front deck where Marcus and Khaat were sat. " going to be a warm night tonight " he said looking back at the now lit up villages on the shore. He looked at them both and smiled " Cassidys sleeping shes exhausted, you look like you could use the sleep too Khaat" he said meaning in a way that she looked good with color in her cheeks.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:51 pm

"We might, if he doesn't," Robert said. "I'm going to give him a chance, but if he doesn't start to listen, I will refresh his memory on exactly what I can do if I need to."

"What does that mean?" Brian said.

"Push me and find out," Robert warned. "You used to know that wise people didn't do it more than once."

The crew had brought Khaat a tall, icy lemonade with a straw. Marcus was making sure she got some, when Steven found them.

"Its going to be a beautiful night," Marcus said. "As far out as we are, we should see thousands of stars. Probably the milky way too."

"I haven't walked that much in a long time," Khaat said, and it was the truth. She had been recovering from her injuries from James for months and hadn't been able to get into the gym. She'd lost a lot of the toning she'd built up--and the tan. "I guess I am tired," she said.

"You should wait until after dinner and then go t bed if you want," Marcus told her. "We've sort of lived on Tuscan junk food today. You should get something better."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:04 pm

Steven chuckled " you and Cassidy both" he said but nodded at Marcus observation " yes it should be pretty clear " he said and looked up at the now darkening sky around them. Jack looked at Brian and then to Robert.

"ow thats so true" he said " and hes good at his job too" Jack added still his arms remind folded. "so he has forgotten so does that mean he doesn't remember about about me?" he asked softly his muscles flexing. Jess looked at him and smirked.

" out them away Jack your supposed to protect him not scare him " she said softly and looekd back at Brian " you really should go inside and rest, sooner you do that sooner Robert let you talk to Khaat" she told him.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:22 pm

"Was I ever afraid of those?" Brian asked when Jack flexed his muscles. Robert laughed out loud.

"Not in the least," Robert said. He looked at Jack. "I won't tell you that you asked for that."

The crew told them that they'd be eating in 20 minutes. They were planning to set up a candlelit table on the back deck, under the stars.

"I do want you to get some food," Robert told Brian.

"I don't care about that. I just want two minutes with her," Brian said.

"You remember what I've told you," Robert said cautiously. "You don't remember. She does--vividly. And it haunts her. She thought she was watching you die in front of her eyes. You have to be patient, not just for your own sake but for hers too. I'll ask her to talk with you. Just don't expect much."

Robert went up to the front deck to where Steven and Marcus and Khaat were standing.

"How was your day out?" he asked her.

"Nice," she said.

"Good. Look, do me a favor. Go talk with him." She rolled her eyes. "Now just wait a minute. You can't avoid him forever. He's not asking for romance. He just wants a moment of your time."

"He doesn't even remember me!" she protested softly. "What could he possibly...."

"Khaat," he said very gently. "Please." She sighed. Then she headed towards the rear deck to go see him, not liking the memories and the ugliness it brought up for her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:39 pm

Jack chuckled and nodded " yeah I kinda did " he said smiling he stepped back and sat with Jess as they both watched Robert now walk over to where Steven, Marcus and Khaat were. Seeing Khaat walking over Jack stood up and moved down to Robert. Jess stayed where she was monitoring Brian's vitals but not paying any attention to what was or would be said.

Jack looked at Robert " do you think this is wise?" he asked softly " I'm not questioning your authority in these matters I'm just..." He paused "no, sorry I asked, you know what your doing" he said and looked back at the two of them together.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:00 am

"No," Robert admitted. "It's pure folly, actually. He doesn't remember her, and he doesn't realize he doesn't have reason not to be jealous of Marcus. And she's so traumatized that she has just really shut down. I know she's not sleeping or eating well. Whatever she has done in the last 24 hours is purely up to Marcus's ability to get her to do it without feeling nagged and pressured. Personally, I think its liable to be disasterous."

Khaat went over to Brian. She sat down on the end of the opposite chaise.

"So..." he said awkwardly. "You're Cat."

"Close enough," she said.

"No...I want to get it right."

"You had trouble with it the first time. K-h-a-a-t. Sounds almost the same, though."

"I'll remember," he promised. "Look, Whatever I did, I'm really sorry. I don't know what we had, and I don't know what I have or what I can promise you, but...."

"Stop," she said. "Let me clear something up. Everything you have is mine too. We did that a long time ago. And what I don't have, you don't have either--and that's the you that you were yesterday morning...."

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry...."

"Stop. Stop apologizing. You didn't lay that trap. You didn't willingly walk into it. You can do two things for me, if you're up to it."

"Anything. Name it."

"First--give me some time. And second--do whatever you need to do to heal. Whatever that is. We all deserve that."

"Does he treat you well?"

"What?"

"Is he good to you?"

"Who?"

"The dude up there," he pointed to Marcus.

"Marcus?" she frowned. "Is that who you're worried about?"

"He spent the night last night with you in your room, I heard."

"Yeah, and you spent the night in the same room with my father. Do I need to worry about something there too?"

"No," he said, with a revolted look on his face.

"Point made?" she asked. "He's my bodyguard. He's a married man. His job is to stay with me--around the clock. You used to feel frightened if he wasn't around. If I wanted to be with Marcus, I wouldn't be here with you. I choose to be here."

"Even now? After all this?"

"Its only been one day. But, if you really want to know, yes. He's good to me--because you pay him to be. I don't have eight kids with him. I have them with you."

"Then we're okay?" he asked.

"We're not what we were, but I'm still here."

"I don't know if I can be what I was."

"Neither do I. But--for tonight, I"m here. Okay?"

"I...think," he said, not sure exactly what she meant. The crew came out and started to set dinner, inadvertently interrupting them. "Don't stress the rest. At least not right now." She got up and walked away.

Brian looked after her, frowning. That was it? Don't stress it?

"What did you expect?" Robert asked. "You both did better than I expected, actually."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:20 am

Jack chuckled softly and watched from a distance he was pleased when it went well. He walked over to Jess and smiled at her offering her his hand to take her down for dinner.

" Dinner looks good tonight Angus, your chef is an exquisite cook. " she told him and he nodded.

" I'll get you your plate when its ready." Jack said  Jess nodded and looked back at Brian feeling he physically he was  doing fine mentally she had no idea only time would tell when or if he remembered again. She hoped it would be soon as she didn't know how long Khaat would give him.

Steven headed down and fetched a sleepy Cassidy " did I miss anything?" She said and looked at Brian " well your still alive and doing well I see." she chuckled as she crossed to the table " wow this looks good " she said and took a deep breath in "  smells good too."
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:53 am

"Go eat," Robert said to Khaat. She hadn't intended on it, but he didn't take his eyes off her. "I am requesting your royal presence at table," he said sternly. She bristled.

"Robert," Kate said reprimandingly. "Don't be a git."

"Khaat," Marcus said gently, "it'll be fun. And I"m hungry. What do you say?"

"You owe me," she hissed angrily into his ear. She would much rather have had it out with Robert right then and there, and Marcus had reeled it in quickly.

"I know," he laughed. "Shall I let you lose at chess again tonight after dinner?"

"No, but you can watch me beat your sorry ass again," she said.

"Much better," he grinned. "Your trash talking is improving."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:17 am

Jess looked up at the mention of a Chess game but smiled seeing it was between Marcus and Khaat. " how many times has she beat you?" she asked and chuckled " she is a good player though, beat me twice wasn't it?" she said smiling to Jack as she watched the crew set up the table. she looked at Brian and spoke " do you want me to bring a plate to your room?" she asked him hoping he would at least eat something as she knew the seafood from the clear waters was exceptional.

Jack and Steven both walked over to her and as Jack helped Jess stand Steven moved to sit back with Cassidy who was poring out some juice for herself and Steven. Jess sat next to them and they smiled.

"so you had a good time" Steven said and Jess's cheeks flushed.

"well enough" Jack said smiling as he took her hand in his.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 59 of 99 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 79 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top