Marriage is Murder - Page 85
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 85 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 85 of 100 Previous  1 ... 44 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 92 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 85 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:00 pm

"Go ahead," Michael said, seeing Edward doing some last bits of cleanup in the distance. He hadn't seen Robert yet, but since Edward was not disturbed, Michael knew Robert was alright. He needed to see his best friend was truly alright after such a foul night. And that was something Robert would not show easily. "You're right. You lot go ahead. Shower up and get the kids home and in bed. We'll be right behind you. I think Robert and Edward need just a few minutes alone. I'm going to wait for them, and I'll be along."

"He's right," Angus said, "Let's go." He gave orders for the rest of the organization to make one final sweep through the compound to secure the protection spells. Then he turned to Jack, Jess, Cassidy, Steven, Kate, and Jim and motioned to them to come along, and apparated back to the house. He headed to his room for a shower. He bagged up his clothes and took them immediately to the laundry. Kate followed suit and did the same.

Several minutes later, Edward found Robert sitting alone on a log in the woods. He was just sitting. He smelled of dead flesh. It was a smell Edward knew well. It was one Robert knew well. Michael followed.

"You had no choice," Edward told him quietly.

"I know. But there should have been some other choice. If I were any sort of potions master..." Robert began.

"Oh, and you're smarter than the wizards who have lived for thousands of years before you?" Edward said

"No, of course not. That's not what I mean...."

"I know. This was not an enviable choice. But you didn't have a secondary option. If you had we'd have taken it. You weren't in this alone. You had back up that believed in our task. And you had me with you, stroke for stroke. Its what men of courage do. Its time we went inside. Our job is done here. Let's get cleaned up and then find a bottle of firewhiskey."

"It might be what men of courage do, but is it what family men do?" he asked. "I always said I did what I did for my children. For family....but did I make the right choice?"

"You know better than to ask yourself those choices now," Edward said.

"Let's go," Michael said seriously. "The mission is done. Its time to go. You family still needs you." Robert stood up. "And you seriously need a shower," Michael said.

"Indeed we do," Robert said. Michael and Edward took Robert back to the house where they went straight to the showers as well. Michael finished first and opened two large bottles of firewhiskey and set out a number of glasses for anyone who wanted one.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:02 pm

Jack sighed glancing back at where he knew they both were but he knew better than to interfere with Robert and Edwards talking and so ported back to the main house and stripped down as he headed to the shower even though Jess was there first he closed the door. Steven waited for Cassidy to finish then he slipped in dropping the clothes into a laundry bag glad not to smell like a fire. Cassidy walked out now clean and smelling clean too her hair was up in a towel and she was smiling. " did you leave me any hot water?" Steven joked with her as she passed him by.

" a little maybe " she said and headed to dress and then to aperate to Edwards to tell them it was all clear for the children to return. Jim just quickly washed changed and returned to the living room seeing the fire whiskey he pored a glass and sat looking at Robert and Edward .

" so job done?" he asked as he sipped his whiskey looking at them both " don't feel too bad Robert if it hadn't been you it would have been one of us and they would have come after Khaat again once they were older for revenge this way it stops dead, I know it doesn't make you feel any better about what happened but now things can get back to normal and you can focus on taking care of your daughter again" he said
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:21 pm

"It is never easy to kill young creatures of any kind. Not as a hunter, not as an auror," Edward said, in fresh clothes again. He poured liberal glasses of firewhiskey. Robert sat down on the stone hearth in front of the fire. He'd changed to jeans and a simple cotton shirt and a cardigan. For a moment, Michael saw how the hideousness of it had aged his friend. Michael knew what Robert needed was a good night's sleep. Edward handed Robert a firewhiskey.

"Thank you," Robert said. "And thank you all. That wasn't easy for any of us. But you're right, Jack. And that is precisely the reason we knew we needed to take such an extreme action. Edward, I've made a decision. Our children are certainly asleep for the night by now."

"They are indeed," Edward said.

"Do me a favor. They're certainly dreaming of all the ways your family has spoiled them tonight. Let them sleep. I don't want to disturb their childlike sweet dreams. It seems like those days disappeared far too quickly for me, and I want them to be able to savor every minute of that. We can bring them home in the morning when they wake up."

"Forgive me for saying so, but you lot all need a good night's rest. If you bring the children back tonight, no one will feel like they can sleep well. Get a good night's rest and then you'll face them with smiles and joy instead of feeling like you want to cling to them. They're sharp kids. They'll feel your anxiety and fear tonight. Deal with yourselves and bring them home in the freshness of a new day. Sunrise isn't that far away now anyway. The sky is clear. It'll be a beautiful day, and everything will look different to you all."

"Wise words, Edward," Kate said, taking a glass of firewhiskey herself. "I think you lot all ought to listen to him."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:41 pm

Jack nodded as did the others " yes good idea " he said and moved to hold Jess as she smiled at him holding her glass of whiskey before downing it in one and coughing " wow forgot how strong this was" she said and Jack chuckled taking her glass from her. Steven downed his as he sat on the couch Cassidy resting next to him in a long wool jumper and pajamas and bear feet but warm after the hot shower.

Jess sat down as did Jack and lent back on him watching the fire as he warmed the room around them its glow relaxing to her and she smiled at Kate. " you know that window you put up looked great there were several people looking at it when I closed up earlier." she said to her as she brushed some stray hair from her face. Jack slipped down behind her as he drank his whiskey.

" um.. any more available?" he asked Robert as he looked boyish at him for a moment. Jess chuckled and handed him her half full glass of whiskey which he then downed as well and sat back. " that hit the spot" he said and chuckled
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:53 pm

Edward handed Jack the open bottle. "Your host keeps a very ample supply of firewhiskey," Edward said. "And he doesn't buy that foul cheap stuff either. Go a bit easier on this stuff. It will knock your boots straight through to Diagon Alley if you're not careful."

"I haven't heard that expression since we were kids going to Hogsmeade on the weekends," Robert managed a slight smile.

"Angus and I will bring the children in the morning," Edward promised. "But after this, I think we all deserve just a bit of adult time to recuperate."

"Indeed." Michael swilled his firewhiskey down in one very large gulp and he went to the kitchen. He hastily made some pizza style paninis that were full of the best if Italian meats and layered with cheeses and Michael's secret recipe marinara. He hadn't made his marinara because Angus always had his on hand. But Khaat loved his marinara, and Michael made it when he cooked for her. Michael brought in a large platter of panini's, cut in half, and another that was a plate of Angus's assorted Christmas cookies.

"Do get some food with that firewhiskey," Michael instructed them. "Most of you arent used to it."

"Used to it, hell," Edward said. "I could smell those panini's a mile away. that does not smell like Angus's sauce."

"It isn't," Angus grinned. "And now you get to taste the good sauce."

"Your sauce is the best I've ever had," Edward said.

"Just wait," Angus said. "There is mine, but then there's Michael's. You won't be asking me to make any pasta anymore."

"That's not true, and you know it," Michael said, as some of them chose sandwiches off the platter.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:08 pm

Jack smiled and took the bottle poring drinks for Steven and Jim again then placing it down next to him " ow they do smell wonderful " he said and stood up and walked over " yum " he said smelling the Delicious smell coming from them. He picked up one and bit into it " yum" he said and Jess chuckled.

" ow you got him hooked now" she said and laughed as he returned her words with a 'what me?' look and walked back with one for her as Steven did for Cassidy who happily took it now feeling hungry just from the smell of the panini's alone. taking it she too smiled as she ate.

" ok so whats in the sauce, its divine" Cassidy said as she took another bite " hum can't quite figure it out " she said and looked to Angus " has he ever told you whats in it?"
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:23 pm

"A catburglar never ever tells his secrets," Edward laughed. "But I can tell you one thing--he got this recipe in southern Italy. Its an excellent sauce, Michael. Nice job. Good idea, Michael. Thank you for thinking of food."

Kate took a seat on the stone hearth next to Robert. She leaned her head on his shoulder, and he put his arm around her. She knew he needed just someone to love him. He kissed her head.

"Robert, you havent' slept well in days. You need to get some rest," she said softly.

"Yeah, I'll work on that," he said dryly, sipping on his firewhiskey. "I hope Brian listens to me."

"He will," Kate said. "He surely knew when he got your signal."

"The rest of the organization is staying through the night," Edward said. "You can all rest easy tonight." Robert drank a third glass of firewhiskey very quickly.

"I will take you up on that," Robert said to Edward. "I'm going to go upstairs. Again, thank you--all of you. And goodnight." Kate watched him go upstairs.

"Is he going to be alright?" Angus asked.

"Yes," Michael answered. "He'll be fine. Give him til morning." Kate's eyes narrowed.

"What did you do?" she scowled at Michael.

"I might have accidently spilled a wee drop of sleeping potion in his first glass," Michael confessed.

"A wee drop?" she asked.

"Just a touch," Michael said.

"Well done," Edward said. "He can use the rest. Angus, why don't you figure out how to make some breakfast panini's?"

"I make a very mean breakfast panini," Angus grinned. "Before her accident, Khaat was after me to come up with a couple of specific dessert panini's. I have the recipes worked out, but I'm saving those until her memory returns."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:39 pm

Jack. Jess , Steven and Cassidy all sat and watched as they all smiled as Robert held Kate lovingly. Every one relaxed too and watched as Robert headed up then Jack heard Michael speak of slipping him a sleeping draft and he chuckled " yeah good idea he so nee the rest" he said Jess just smiled as she finished her pinini. Steven and cassidy were just sat together Cassidy on the floor while Steven sat above her on the couch rubbing her shoulders gently.

Jack looked at Jess " maybe we should retire for the night too Jess." he said but she shook her head and chuckled softly.

" Why, I'm quite comfortable here" she said and lent back against his chest as he he;ld her close again. " yes but .." he chuckled this time and sighed " ok hun" he said and kissed her cheek. Steven looked down at the now sleeping Cassidy and smiled.

" ok some of us are already resting" he said softly as he moved to pick her up in his arms " if you'll excuse us I'll put her to bed " he smiled and walked to the stairs carrying her up to their room.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:01 pm

Michael was up in the morning with Angus. They were putting together a wonderful breakfast. Edward had gone back to Tuscany and had gotten the kids just as they were getting up. The rest of the family had bathed and dressed the kids in some new clothes they'd spoiled the kids with. The girls had beautiful velvet dresses for Christmas, matching tights and beautiful new shoes. They had lovely enchanted lockets for little girls, and Edward's daughter and granddaughters had had a good time doing the hair for the little girls and making sure each one had a tiny, tiny bit of a perfume made strictly for little girls. They looked like absolute princesses.

The boys had brand new clothes too. new velvet pants with matching suspenders and soft plain shirts with stand up collars, new shoes, and printed tapestry vests that coordinated with the shirts and the pants. They looked like princes. And each little boy had a small, enchanted pocketwatch in his vest pocket. Each watch had a magical creature on the face of the watch that was enchanted with the same spell as a wizarding portrait. They moved and interacted with the boys.

And before they went back, each child took with them, a huge sugar cookie that they'd helped make in the design of their choice. Abbey had made a kitty, Dakota had made a puppy, and Julia had made a butterfly. Robert had made a green frog, and Michael had made a rainbow pygmy puff shaped cookie.

Edward gathered them up and got Angus's brothers to help him. They brought the kids back just as scheduled. They burst into the kitchen, excited, all jabbering at one time, all wanting to show Angus their cookies and their new clothes. Angus met them with lots of smiles and lots of hugs.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:15 pm

Jack woke and dressed as Jess slept a bit longer he smelt the breakfast and smiled heading down wearing a smart pair of trousers and a white shirt ready for the children to return he smiled as Jess walked down in a pair of slacks and light silk shirt smiling a she walked over to him. " morning all, looking sharp Jack" she said and kissed Jacks cheek. Next down was Steven he had on some tan slacks and a plaid shirt and his black boots Cassidy had bought him to wear for Christmas. Cassidy followed shortly after she wore Indigo Pencil Leg Jeans, a Knit T-Shirt in Berry Pink and a Mbym Cardigan in camel on her feet she had on taupe suede upper bots with an ornamental buckle at the side she smiled at Steven who smiled back as she walked over.

"Breakfast smells wonderful, we'd better eat before the children return" she said and moved to the table and took her food sitting next to Steven. Jess did the same sitting and enjoying the quiet as she ate feeling like her energy had recharged over night to maximum.Jim walked in wearing his usual black trousers and shoes and white shirt with a cardigan over the top.

"its amazing what a good nights sleep can do" he said and smiled as he too took and began to eat his breakfast.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 85 of 100 Previous  1 ... 44 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 92 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top