Marriage is Murder - Page 69
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 69 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 69 of 100 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 84 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 69 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:09 am

"No," Kate said. "I remember that incident too well. Robert and I both know that incident." She wanted to let them know, without saying it, that Khaat had remembered when Barker had hurt her so badly that she had been, technically, dead. Robert and Kate remembered the struggle they'd gone through finding her in the catacombs below muggle London and trying to help bring her back from the edge of death.

"That would be one of your most powerful memories," Her father said to her in a calm voice. "That was a few years ago. I am sorry that memory came up first. That man was tried and sentenced to life in prison." He wasn't going to finish it by telling her that Barker had escaped. He saw no point in frightening her unnecessarily. Robert had found no lingering evidence that she had been hurt by Barker. In fact the forensics that Lee had found had suggested traces of werewolf hair. Not Barker's. Robert fully believed it was James' old pack at work--still.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23620
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:18 am

Steven nodded he remembered what she was talking about and looked to Jack who also rubbed his chin and nodded he too remembered that day. It was one of a few days he was aloud to be his were side with Roberts permission and he'd destroyed the catacombs after they left. Nothing of that room remind.Jess looked at Jack who just smiled at her " I'll explain later " he told her and she nodded she understood. all of them looked to Khaat and nodded at Roberts words. " took him there myself Khaat" Jack told her as he folded his arms across his chest.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:02 am

The memory had felt dark and frightening, and clearly it had been. She had seen the darkness cross over their faces. It hadn't been pleasant for them either. They wanted to leave the discussion as soon as possible, and she remembered no more.

"Enough," Brian said finally. Michael brought the coffee for Brian.

"You look positively dismal, my dear," Michael stroked her cheek. "Try something fun." She looked at him with a frown. Fun? What was that? What had she actually done for fun? "Listen," he said to her softly, bending down to look straight in her eyes. "It doesn't matter what was fun a month ago, a year ago, or even ten minutes ago. What matters is what's fun now. I know your past is missing for you. But how about taking just a little bit of time to live in the present. What would you like to do? Right now?" She didn't have the slightest idea.

Michael got an idea. He drew his wand and started to use some very simple spells and charms, designed strictly to amuse. To get her mind off it all. She hadn't remembered that magic could be so wonderful. It all seemed so impossible, but it was right in front of her eyes. She wondered if she had ever had the capability of doing any of this. Any spell at all.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:06 pm

Jess smiled and nodded " yes its nearly Christmas we should be happy and looking forward to that and spending time together as a family."She said moving to hold Jack around his waist as she smiled up at him hoping to make people start thinking of happier times and forget the bad ones. " I know I am looking forward to Angus's turkey, its always wonderful and the trimmings too, Cassidy will you be helping this year?" she asked and turned to look at Cassidy.

" only if I'm aloud too" she said and smiled at Angus " extra pair of hands won't harm ..ow well in my case they might" she said and everyone smiled and chuckled.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Christmas. She sorta knew what it was supposed to be, for normal people. But what did wizards do? She looked at her father, a bit lost.

"Its not that different, really," he laughed. "Good food, good friends, lights, music. Its fairly traditional. Wait and see. You've always enjoyed Christmas. I know we have some old photos at the farm. I'll try to go and get them later for you." There were more photos? She wanted to see them all. Frustrated with what it took to learn sign language, she resorted to pad and paper. She wrote that she wanted all the pictures. He read it and laughed. "I'll overwhelm you if I do that. How about a few at a time?" She shook her head no. She wanted them all. He looked at Kate. "She is definitely your daughter."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:15 pm

Steven stepped forward and smiled as he spoke to Robert. " I'll get them for you, I think I know where they are. " he said and ported out of the house. Jess smiled as they all sat down again as Jack accioed a cup of cider from the kitchen and drank it feeling it warm inside him before he moved out into the garden and fresh fallen snow to patrol the area he managed to stop in at the guard house and the green house. Jess and cassidy set up the chess board and began to play while Jim sat reading an old book on dragons he had found in Roberts library and hoped he would not mind him borrowing it to read.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:22 pm

Robert saw the women playing chess. "You used to play," he told Khaat. She looked at him questioningly. "You werent' half bad."

"Half bad?" Kate echoed, "She beat you. More than once. And you're a fair player yourself."

"Would you like to try?" he asked her. She shook her head, not remembering how. "It might be a bit difficult. Lets try something a bit easier." He accio'd a beautiful antique backgammon board. She didn't remember how to play that either.

"Its okay," Brian laughed. "I'll partner with you, Dear. We'll beat him."

"Two against one? That's hardly fair."

"Not up to the challenge, are you?" Brian teased. "Afraid we'll beat you?"

"No. Not at all. Bring it, then," Robert said, flicking his fingers at the board that opened and set the pieces up accordingly.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:25 pm

Jess and cassidy left their game for a moment so they could watch Khaat , Brian, Kate and Robert play back gammon. " you beat both of us several times too not that's hard " Jess said and chuckled " cassidy here is a novice and well I am no better ether" she said smiling as they both sat to watch the game . Steven reappeared with the albums but placed them close by seeing the game board out.

" ow backgammon, good game" he said and smiled sitting close to Cassidy on the arm of a chair next to her his arm resting over her shoulder as he watched.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:33 pm

Chess. It looked complicated. She couldn't believe she had ever played chess. Robert rolled the dice and made his opening move. "Your turn," he told her. She gathered she needed to roll the dice. She figured she could manage that. Brian explained the basics in a couple of sentences and showed her the first move. After Robert's third move, Brian suggested she try a move of her own. She nervously made the move herself.

"Oh, well done," Brian laughed, impressed. "So you do remember." She looked at him and shook her head no.

"No," Robert smiled. "She just has a sharp mind for games of strategy. Well done, my dear. I think you should play on your own, unless it tires you."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:42 pm

Jess smiled and nodded to Khaat she really was doing well " I'd never got that then again backgammon isn't my game " she said and cassidy nodded her head in agreement.

" she keeps losing " she said and Jess chuckled but had to agree she did. Jack returned and placed some roses in a vase placing them on the mantel.

" they were in flower and needed trimming" he said seeing the look Steven gave him for a moment " don't worry the rest are all fine even with the snow that green house looks very tropical inside" he said and Steven smiled.

" that's the idea Jack" he said " maybe one day Khaat would like to take a look around it " he offered.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 69 of 100 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 84 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top