Marriage is Murder - Page 43
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 43 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 43 of 100 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 71 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 43 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:03 pm

"She is the strongest woman I have ever known," Michael said. "Remus presumed it was his curse that would cause her to be strong, to be a fighter. He never foresaw all of this. He did see that the world would, most likely, get worse and not better. So he and Robert and Kate determined that Khaat would be as indestructable as they knew how to make her be. Almost all the games and fun she remembers as a child was deliberately designed to help her survive any circumstance that crossed their minds. I know now how she deals with torture and that sort of pressure. She'll survive. She'll be fine. And Brian knows her better than perhaps all of us except Robert now. I am presuming that he may want to slip off for a couple of days with her when she's able to. He knows how to warm up her heart when she's been that frightened. I suggest we find a way to let him do that. He needs private time with her, but I don't think Robert is going to want you lot an entire country away from them if they do go. I think you all need to be braced to be at the same hotel but leaving them alone unless you're called for."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:45 pm

Jess listened to Michael and understood all he had said she was strong Jess knew and felt all she'd been through " Michael she is strong she will be ok now shes back home " she said and continued to monitor Khaat moving back and forth as she listened. Jack sat down and waited for Jess as Steven moved to his room to wash and change returning to sit with Cassidy as he saw Jack now in from his patrol.

" everything ok?" he asked and Jack nodded Steven walked into the Kitchen " Angus do you know how is she?" he asked
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:00 am

"Robert has made her comfortable for now. Michael managed to feed her a cup of almond tea to ease her nerves by giving her a taste of home and also to help her warm up. Jess helped her wash up and get into warm clothes and into a warm bed. Robert gave her a couple of potions to stop her pain and to stop those damninable tremors. I saw those just once in my life. My uncle was helping my grandfather battle a werewolf who turned the cruciatus curse on my uncle. It was hell, I can tell you. Hell to watch him suffer from the curse, and hell to get those tremors stopped. He shook so hard that his whole bed shook for almost 5 days before we got them stopped. You lot are very fortunate you have Robert's knowledge at your disposal," Angus said. He cleaned up the breakfast dishes and put some loaves of fresh bread in the oven to bake for lunch and for dinner.

"If Cassidy or Jess get bored, I could use an extra hand in the kitchen today. As near as my grandfather can count, we have almost 100 people on the grounds today to feed."

"I'll help," Kate said. "I need to keep my hands busy anyway. Shall I try to pry Michael away from Khaat's bedside upstairs?"

"Please. There's not going to be much he can do there for now and nobody knows all the tricks to getting her to eat like he does," Angus said.

"That is a very simple trick," Kate said. "All you have to do is be her godfather and love her like crazy."

"Well, that rules me out," Angus sighed as Kate headed upstairs. She went to Khaat's room. Khaat looked, on the outside, like she was no worse for wear, but Kate knew better.

"Michael," Kate said, "Would you please help us in the kitchen? We have nearly100 people to feed today." Michael looked at Khaat, not wanting to leave her.

"On one condition," Michael said. He looked at Jess. "If she so much as bats an eyelash, you speak up."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:14 am

Jess looked at Kate walked in the door and smiled nodding to Kate " of course Robert first then you I promise " she told him and moved to sit next to Khaats bed watching ovr her. Cassidy heard Angus and stood up and walked into the kitchen>

" I'll help" she said and moved to check the bread and anything else that was cooking , Steven sighed and nodded. He hoped Khaat would not be that bad and would get over it quicker.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:54 pm

(skipping time a bit here so we don't get stuck)

The morning seemed, to Robert, to fly. He was inundated with the business of crisis. He'd made countless trips back and forth from Brian's to London--either to the hospital or to the Ministry. He had taken his secretary, Millie, and Eli, as the deputy minister, into his confidence, as well as Sophia, as the hospital's assistant director, and Atticus, their full time secretary at the hospital. He let them know how to be reached. He'd given Lee and Daniella special diplomatic status so they could move freely in England to help and he'd extended special appointments to the Ministry to all the wizards and witches theyd brought with them to help.

The autopsies were being handled by the staff of St. Mungos as well as the healers from America and from France. When the fire was out, Robert surveyed the damage and released emergency relief funds and services and made a statement to the press. He knew he had to be very visible now.

And in between it all, he had returned home several times to check on Khaat and to check on the security there. Kate knew that if he got things under control today, he would not have to run as hard tomorrow.

It was just after lunch. Khaat could tell. Her sleep had become light. She could hear staff taking the children up to the nursery for their afternoon naps. It gave her some idea what time it was. She dozed back into a deeper sleep for only a few minutes and then woke. The pain was gone. She was grateful to her father for that. It would stay gone as long as the pain potion held. She saw Jess was there. Khaat didn't have any ability to speak to her. She wasnt' ignoring her, but she couldn't speak to her. Instead she accio'd clothes from her closet. A pair of soft leggings and a printed tunic top and a pair of embroidered flats. They were comfortable. She gestured to Jess that she truly wanted a shower. She slowly got up, feeling tired and sore, and picked up her clothes.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:57 pm

Jess watched as clothes flew past and looked to Khaat seeing her motion for the shower she nodded " of course, but I have to let Robert know your awake and up" she wrote a note on some paper and sent it top Robert as she them made the bed with clean sheets and then waited for Khaat to return after her shower. Steven sat down and moved his fingers back and forth they were beginning to stiffen from the burns he'd go he'd gone so far with out pain potions but now they were stiff and he could barely hold the cup of coffee. Standing he moved to find Kate.

" Kate, can you do something about this?" he asked showing her the palms of his hands. " I didn't want to bother you before because of Khaat but now there stiffening."
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:53 pm

Khaat knew Jess would be alerting her father. Khaat barely remembered seeing him at all earlier when they brought her home. It was largely all a blurr. She only vaguely remembered someone picking her up and carrying her. She did remember being in a lot of pain, and somewhat remembered being cold. Really cold.

She showered, still unable to sort out the confusion in her head. She remembered being with the Death Eaters far more clearly. Then as the night had gone on and the tortures got worse, her mind had seemed to fog.

Robert got Jess's message about Khaat. He was glad she was up.

"Kate is not a healer, Steven," Robert said. He accio'd a jar of ointment and opened it and set it in front of him. "Use this like you would hand cream. Should relief the stiffness and soreness immediately. The swelling and redness should be gone by the end of the day. I'm going up to see Khaat." He went upstairs to the bedroom. He saw Jess was refreshing the room, and he heard the shower turn off. "I won't be long," Robert said. "But I do need to know what she knows, as soon as possible."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:04 am

Steven chuckled " ah right " he said and took the ointment rubbing it on his hands he smiled " thanks Robert" Steven said feeling the instant relief . Jess looked up at Robert as he entered the room " shes showering " she said refreshing the water beside the bed " she had a quiet night slept longer as expected but she still isn't talking" she told him. Cassidy moved to the kitchen taking out the bread she had made that morning for every one it was sour dough and cheese something she had seen in a book and wanted to try it.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:18 am

"Thank you," Robert told her, knowing the report was efficient and accurate. "Take a break and go get some food and a little rest. I'll stay with her for a bit. You've been here since we brought her home. You need the break. I know Brian would like to stay with her a bit, but unfortunately I've kept him very busy."

The bathroom door opened, and Robert watched his daughter. She was trying, with all she had, to make it appear that it was just another day. That nothing unusual had happened. He walked over to her and wrapped her in his arms and just held her. He wanted her to know that he knew better. He wanted her to know she didn't have to pretend with him. Her resistance melted and she finally gave in to him.

"Better," he said softly. "I've never asked you to be anything other than yourself. Never." He kissed her forehead. "Would you like some more tea?" She shook her head. She didn't want anyone going to any trouble for her. "Your mother was talking abou making her special cocoa for the kids..." She looked up at him very briefly. Cocoa? He smiled. "Cocoa, it is. Jess, ask Kate to send up some when she gets it made, please. Khaat, we do need to talk, you and I. You know that." She nodded, sighing heavily. She shivered. Nerves, he knew. He picked up her warm pink shawl and wrapped it around her. "That will pass. Come see if you can hold a pen so you can talk to me," he said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:29 am

Jess nodded and sighed she chuckled as he spoke of Brian being busy "ok you know where I am if you need me and would that be a bad thing? " she said with a chuckle and watched nodding gently before she then headed down stairs to the kitchen. "Robert wants to know if you can make some coco Kate for Khaat, shes awake " she said poring some tea for herself then sitting down with Jack leaning on him.

" you should rest Jess" he said softly Jess finished her tea and headed up to shower and change her clothes and make her self a bit more awake than she felt.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 100 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 71 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top