Marriage is Murder - Page 42
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 42 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 42 of 100 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 71 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 42 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:40 pm

Khaat heard Steven but she couldn't move. But when he wrapped his coat around her, she was grateful for the instant relief from the painful cold. She heard Steven calling for her father.

Robert saw Steven bringing Khaat out from Knockturn Alley. "Brian!" he shouted. Robert took large strong strides over to them. He saw the involuntary tremors that shook her body and how hard they were. He understood immediately what it meant. He brushed her hair from her face that was almost blue from the cold. He checked her fingers. Her fingertips were blue. He'd have to get her warm quickly. He laid his hand on her forehead, checking her.

Brian ran over. "Thank God," Brian said softly. "Thank you, Steven. Robert..."

"Not here," Robert said quietly. He knew she needed to be in St. Mungos but since it was overrun with casualties and bodies and family members of the dead and wounded, along with the Ministry and the media, Robert looked at both of them. "Get her home, you two. Tight security. Get everyone you can think of to help keep the house secure. Send for Michael, and get Angus to call for Edward. We need every hand we can get. I don't know what she was forced to tell them or forced to do. We cannot take chances.

"Brian, don't worry about the tremors or her shock or the silence. You won't fix those right now. I'll go get what she needs from St. Mungos and come as soon as I can. You get her warm for now. Treat her hypothermia for now, and I'll be there by then. You could get her something hot to drink. That would help. Warm clothes. Watch her hands. Her skin is turning blue. You both think you know what to do?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:50 pm

Steven held Khaat close to him he knew body heat was a good thing and he nodded to Robert " yes sir " he said watching the look on Robert and Brian's face. " Jessica will know what to do" he said and pulled Khaat close to him pulling the jacket tighter around him he knew he had to warm her. Looking at them both he stood up and spoke " I'll take her hold and fill the others in" he said porting right to Khaats room Jess was already waiting having picked up on Steven and Khaat once he had appeared. Jess remove what little clothing Khaat had and covered her with warm blankets, including her face, leaving Steven holding her as she use his body heat to continue to warm Khaat. Cassidy walked in and Jess tried to give Khaat a warm soup, she then Applied a warm , dry compresses to Khaat's chest and neck . Hoping this would rewarm her until Robert got back.

Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:00 pm

Brian ordered Angus to send tea straight up to Khaat. Then Brian immediately sent for Michael and Edward. He alerted Lee and Daniella that Khaat was back home again, and he alerted Kate. He sent for members of the organization, using his medallion to summon them. Brian was leaving nothing to chance today.

Sounds of multiple people apparating in began to fill the house as people responded to Brian's requests. Angus knew they were going to need a much larger breakfast. He had breakfast in the works but he knew he was going to have to use magic to increase the amount of food he had prepared.

"What do you need, Lad?" Michael asked, casing off his coat.

"Get her to get some tea in her system, will you?" Brian asked. "She's in shock."

"Not a problem," Michael said, levitating the tea tray and heading upstairs with it.

"The rest of you lot," Brian said. "Let's do a briefing. Jack and Jim, you'll be in charge of security detail for the estate. We'll be using triple the amount of staff on all shifts until I give you further notice. Make sure they're on task and not letting anything slip.Make sure all the animals are inside today and protected. Especially Archangel. I want him in the house today."

"When can i see her?" Edward asked, anxious for whatever information he might gain with his seer's skills.

"Go with Michael, if you think it'll help," Brian said. "And I need someone to really keep a handle on the kids. I don't want them outside. Its too cold and too dangerous." Edward headed upstairs behind Michael.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:09 pm

Jack and Jim both headed out at Brian's words and made sure all animals were inside Jim brought Archangel inside and set him on his perch where he then went to the nursery and checked every one was napping still and the windows were locked tight against the cold. Jack locked the barn after making sure the horses and pygmy puffs were safe inside Shadow walked around and the small female padded with him sniffing the air as she moved Jack noted how protective of her shadow had become and smiled as he headed back inside and locked the front door shadow sitting on the porch guarding the door as the female lay and slept close by.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:28 pm

Michael and Edward went upstairs to see Khaat. Both men recognized the telltale signs that she had been subjected to repeated unforgiveable curses. Most likely cruciatus curses. They went over and sat on the bed, one on either side of her. Michael picked up a tea mug and called to her softly.

"Sweetheart," he said, "I know you're cold. I have tea. Just tea. It'll help." He lifted her head and fed it to her slowly just a tiny sip at a time. no one spoke until she ha had enough tea that Michael could see she was tiring. It was helping, somewhat. He set the mug aside and took her hand. Edward laid his hand on her forehead to hopefully see what she had been through. It was so painful that it shot a powerful jolt of unexpected pain through his system. His hand jerked away like he'd been shocked. Edward had not expected that.

"Edward?" Michael asked.

"Let us hope her father comes soon," Edward said. "She's absorbed much. And it is very ugly."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:39 pm

Jess watched Edward and nodded a she kept the room warm with a fire glowing in the corner and warm blankets around Khaat " I tried not to look Edward " Jess told her looking some what shocked herself at what she had seen but she refocused on her healing duties instead. Steven still holding Khaat moved to let Edward take his place as he headed down to the kitchen to for a hot coffee. He saw Arch on his perch and sighed " well at least your close by should she want you" he said Cassidy moved over to Steven and held him close. " she'll be ok might take time " he said and cassidy nodded.

" how did you find her?" she asked and Steven took a sip of his coffee before he spoke.

" a dirty rat told me" he saw the look on her face and chuckled " no a rat really did tell me" he said and chuckled at how it sounded.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:59 pm

Robert had rushed back to St. Mungos and had gone straight to his potions lab and had gathered all the supplies that he needed as quickly as he could summon them. He informed Hannah quickly and secretly so he could be found if needed, as well as key ministry staff, wanting it all kept very quiet until he got security in place and then he apparated home.

He was glad to see rian had immediately gotten about doing what the others could not do. They could take care of Khaat, but Brian knew he was needed to command, and he had risen to it, despite his own emotions. Robert was proud of him. He threw off his snow covered coat and picked up his bag again and went upstairs to Khaat's room.

"You know what you're dealing with?" Michael asked him.

"Yes," Robert said quietly. "I do. The first business is to get those tremors to stop. The shock will wear off with some rest. But we must restore calm first before we try to bring her out of shock. Right now, it protects her." Edward moved out of Robert's way. Robert poured her a dose of the most powerful pain potion he had. He added a potent tranquilizer to it and double checked it. Done incorrectly, mixing the two could be most lethal. He didn't usually use such drastic methods. He looked at Jess. "Don't ever do this without letting me check it. This can be a very dangerous cocktail." He gave it to Khaat, and in seconds she became motionless. She collapsed into a deep sleep, and the tremors stopped. He checked her carefully, monitoring for a few minutes. "Let her sleep now," Robert said. "Those muscles have been in spasm for hours. She was in a great deal of pain and she was exhausted. I need a healer with her around the clock. And a notice of the least bit of change."

Michael knew Robert knew what he was doing, and he was glad to see the violent tremors stop. He was glad to see Robert had stopped her pain and allowed her to sleep.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:10 pm

Jess watched and nodded taking the empty vials and placing them down out of his way. she moved to check Khaat as she slumped and then drew up the duvet over her " I'll stay with her " she said softly and looked at Brian and Edward " that's if you don't want any one else to" she asked hoping he would let her as she wanted to be close to Khaat , she would pick up on any drop or change just as if she was working in st Mungos on her shift " I can get Shawna to cover for my shift for tonight" she said making sure there was fresh water close by.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:20 pm

"That's fine," Robert said. "I do need to talk to her as soon as she's able to tolerate it, but that's going to take awhile. I need her information."

"I have just a wee bit," Edward said. "She knew some of the people she was with. I picked up a strong sense of familiarity from her. I don't know who she was with, but she knew one or more of them."

"Khaat knows a lot of people," Robert said. "That doesn't surprise me. But who she was with is precisely what I want to know. Did you see any of their faces?"

"No," Edward said. "She didn't seem to be focused on that. She seems to have been focused on merely surviving."

"As well she should have. Jess, the potion itself may hold her for four or five hours--if it holds. If her nerves get the best of her she may wake early. If her fatigue gets the best of her, she may well sleep longer than that. At this point, our goal is to stabilize and to keep her comfortable. I will try to be here, but under the circumstances, I might well need to go back into London. I don't know."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:53 pm

Jess listened and sighed knowing that was just as she had felt it she looked to Robert and nodded making a note not to worry and to contact him as soon as she was awake. Jess accioed a chart and began making notes placing it at the foot of the bed. She watched them all and listened to Edward's words knowing she had felt the same thing. Jack returned and looked at Steven.

"How is she?" he asked Steven looked at him as he finished his coffee.

" how can any one be after going through what she did" he said " I hope once she knows the kids are ok, she'll be ok in her self " he said with a deep thought filled sigh.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 100 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 71 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top