Marriage is Murder - Page 38
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 38 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 38 of 100 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 69 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 38 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:23 pm

Robert sent an owl with his request and received an immediate reply. He had expected no less. When the director wanted 2 massage slots and some pool time, her staff was happy to comply.

"They're expecting you," Robert told them. "Whenever you get there." Abbey came down the stairs, dragging behind her a totebag that was almost bigger than she was. It was a totebag Khaat had gotten in a shopping spree in Hawaii--it was oversized pink camo vinyl. Brian had offered to carry it, but Abbey had insisted on taking it. The only way she could carry it was to drag it down the stairs behind her. Brian had followed closely enough that he could grab her if she'd tripped on the darned thing.

"We go, Unca Mikey?" Abbey asked happily. Michael hadn't been thrilled about it until he saw the sight of the two year old who was totally elated, dragging her bag behind her.

"Yeah," he smiled. "We're going. Hold on. Let's get our coats."

"Daddy..where my coat?" Abbey turned on Brian.

"In the closet. I'll get it," he laughed. He got out Abbey's little gray peacoat and Khaat's tan suede jacket.

"I no wear that coat," she said firmly. She went to the closet herself and picke out her pink windbreaker.

"Its too cold for that," Brian said. "You need the warm one."

"I no like it," she said. "I no wear it."

"You no wear it, you no go," Brian said.

"I no like you," she pouted.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23620
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:21 pm

Jack and Jim both grabbed their jackets and slipped them on both watched Brian and Abby . Jim chuckled " ow the two have hit " he said softly but at a glance from Jess looked like a boy scolded and Jess chuckled as she walked over to Abby.

"What about it don't you like Abby?" she asked " tell us and we can change it to make it nicer for you" Jack nodded and glanced at Robert and Kate.

"Maybe time for her to have a new jacket one she really likes, or she could wear an extra jumper under the wind breaker?" he suggested.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:44 am

Abbey looked at Brian who was standing firm about the coat. She looked at Jess and back to him.

"But I no like it!" she protested one more time.

"Then you no go," he said quietly and calmly. She threw the coat to the floor and was going to run upstairs, but Khaat got up and swept her up. Abbey's anger took the form of angry tears, and she grabbed big fistfulls of Khaat's long blond hair and buried her face in Khaat's neck. Khaat didn't care. She brought Abbey back and sat down with her and reached down and picked up the little coat. She looked at Brian, frustrated at how dense he was about what the problem was. He looked at her, just as frustrated, believing that the issue was just that she didnt' want to wear it. Robert simply sat calmly watching them struggle to resolve it. He knew Abbey all too well, and he knew the problem, but he knew Khaat was already onto the solution.

Khaat handed the coat to Jess and pointed to the little pink hoodie that Abbey wore and pointed to the coat. The problem was simple. The coat was gray. Abbey didnt like gray. She never had. She liked pink. She loved pink. She didn't want to wear the coat because she hated the color of it. It was pretty simple. She wrapped her arms around her daughter trying to comfort her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:19 pm

Jess took the jacket and smiled nodding to Khaat she understood what she meant and Jess lightly touch the jacket, slowly the color changed from grey to pink starting with the hood and then down the arms finally the zip and buttons, she even added a light pink snowflake that sparkled on it's own onto the breast . " Ow look Abby, look what I found. " she said and held it up smiling to her hoping she would wear it now . Jack smiled but stayed sat down with his warm drink .

" must get you to do that for the others when they don't like the color of their clothes" Jack said and Jess chuckled .

" its easy really" she said handing the new jacket to Khaat and smiling as she moved to step back , she was happy to see Abby and Khaat together as mother and daughter should be.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:37 pm

Khaat took the coat and nodded, believing Abbey would wear it now. She showed it to Abbey, who sniffled. Khaat looked at Abbey, silently asking her if it was better. Then she looked at Brian who appeared miffed. She quickly scowled at him. Khaat didn't care what color the coat was. If pink made Abbey happy, it wasn't worth the fuss.

"I go?" Abbey asked Khaat. Khaat gestured to her with the pink coat to make sure Abbey knew she needed to wear the coat. Satisfied with the new color and the shimmering snowflake, Abbey nodded. Khaat nodded that, yes, she could go.

Michael got up as Khaat put the coat on Abbey and buttoned it up. Michael picked her up, saying, "Come one, Pee Wee. Let's go. Can I take your bag?" She shook her head no, and Khaat handed Abbey the bag. Abbey wanted to do it herself. "Okay," Michael laughed. "You carry it, then." Michael looked a the rest of them. "You lot ready?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:49 pm

Jess smiled happy Abby was happy with the change in the coat and was wearing it Jack and Jim both nodded " yes we are" Jack said and Jim nodded he was too as they both moved to stand with Brian Jack having picked up his own bag so he could swim with Abby Jim knew he would just sit by the pool and read quietly. Jess moved to sit with Cassidy and Steven.

" Don't worry about things here, " she told them both " just enjoy the massage" she smiling at them both Cassidy nodded she agreed.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:59 pm

The instant Michael had apparated out with Abbey, Khaat picked up a pillow and smacked Brian at least three times with it before he snatched it from here.

"Oh, here we go," Robert sighed.

"We may be glad she can't speak," Kate said.

"What?" Brian glared at Khaat. "She has to learn to mind." Khaat gestured two fingers at him to tell him Abbey was only 2. "She's soon going to be three. She has to learn to mind," Brian said. She picked up another pillow and hit him again. "Stop that," he said, taking it from her too.

"I think I shall stay out of this," Robert said, laying his newspaper aside and getting up to go refill his cup.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:13 pm

Jess sat watching and sighed she glanced at Robert as he spoke and she nodded " I will too" she said softly Cassidy looked and watched.

" whats the issue Abby's wearing the same jacket even i it is a different color" she said looking at Robert " or is it because there both stubborn?" she asked Jess just chuckled and looked to Robert again hoping he could inform her of what was going on between them both.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:22 pm

"I think," Robert said, refilling his mug,"Brian believes that his kids need to obey him first time, every time. It's a lovely thought, but it doesn't always work like that. I think he's going through that struggle every parent faces the first time their child gets truly stubborn. Does the parent problem solve the issue or do they stick to their guns to win over principle. He wanted to solve it by getting her to simply obey. Khaat was willing to problem solve. And, honestly, there's a place for each, but in this case, I honestly wouldn't have picked on so little a thing as the color of a coat unless perhaps I'd been a muggle and unable to change that. But, even so, if I'd been a muggle father, I'd have never bought a grey coat for a kid who's nuts about pink. I'd have seen that just would not have worked. So, it seems to me that whoever bought the gray coat made the first mistake where Miss Abbey is concerned."

"So BE that way!" Brian's angry shout came from the living room. "SEE if I care! Don't come crying to me if the werewolves are still out there!"

"Shit," Robert sighed, knowing Khaat had gotten too frustrated to try to argue with Brian when she didn't have words. She'd gone outside by herself, and Brian was too angry to be concerned at the moment. "Steven, go. Keep a distance. Just don't let anything eat her, please."

Khaat had gone outside and was walking swiftly across the yard in the cold, by herself, without at coat, as snowflakes began to spit through the air.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:35 pm

Steven grabbed his own coat and a coat for Khaat walking over he placed it around her shoulder " Don't want you to catch cold, I know, i'm here if you want me to be, but I'll stay back to give you space." he told her and moved back away from her to a safe distance but he didn't say a word only stood with his arms folded as Shadow trotted around then stopped looking at Khaat then at Steven he padded over to Steven and sat down. Jess watched and nodded to Roberts words.

" I guess the color change was to keep the piece" she said " but I agree that's not an argument I would want to have with any of my own kids " she said just as Alex walked in with a torn tee shirt. Jess chuckled and set it repairing while Alex sat on her knee.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 100 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 69 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top