Marriage is Murder - Page 75
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 75 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 75 of 100 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 87 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 75 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:13 am

Kate was glad to see them taking care of the plants that were getting a taste of the first frost of the season.

"We need a greenhouse," Kate said. "So we can have herbs all year long."

"My grandfather has a very impressive greenhouse at his compound," Angus said. "When he comes back, I'll ask him to contact who put up his. He is never short of herbs."

It took Edward a few minutes to get back, but he had indeed gone out and checked Angus's garden plots. When he came back, he had a bag on his shoulder. He opened it and handed Angus several shrunken herb plants over flowing with herbs. When he resized them, they were actually huge one pot gardens full of cooking herbs. Then he handed Angus a scroll.

"Plans for a greenhouse, Lad. In England, you'll never keep fresh herbs year round in winters. You still have time to add it and to stock it before the snows," Edward said.

"I'll talk to Brian about it," Angus said.

"What for?" Edward frowned. "He''s been working on making the place self sufficient for quite some time. Oh, give those here. If its worth doing, its worth doing yourself." He took the scroll back. "Fix that sauce." He strode outside like he owned. it.

"Uh...I take it we're getting a greenhouse," Kate said.

"Indeed," Angus said. "Do you think Brian is going to care?"

"I think he's going to be grateful," Kate laughed. "Truly. Its fine."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23617
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:16 pm

Steven nodded as he walked back in seeing Edward and hearing about a green house “ there hope that will work for a short time, might would work well in that empty plot to the left of the barn, be sheltered buy the barn from the winds?” he suggested as he washed his hands clean of soil that had stuck to them from putting up the tunnel. He moved to sit at the table leaning on his elbows. “ we could always bring them inside if the winters exceptionally harsh?” he said to Angus “ that's if we have a warm room to put them in” he added as he sat down next to Cassidy.

Jack sighed and shook his head at the thought of gardening, Jess slapped his leg “ how do you think we get all these fresh vegetables and fruit, gardening is a major staple of our diet “ she told him off and he sat back. But lent against him happy enough just to have that moment with him. Cassidy took Stevens hand in her own and held it while he smiled at her Jess was glad to see him smile again and relaxed. Jess looked at Alex who smiled up at her and held her tee shirt in one hand.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:35 pm

"I'll check that location but it needs to have the right sun, and I think, I might like to make it more natural looking. Perhaps having it span over the creek so that the water already runs right through the center of it."

"There's a lot of rock around that creek, Edward," Kate said.

"I know," he smiled, having ideas. "I'm going to go check out both location ideas." He excused himself and went outside. Angus didn't say anything. He knew that his grandfather had some ambitious ideas and he had a feeling it was going to be beautiful. He rinsed the fresh herbs and packaged what he didn't need and added the rest to the sauce. The fragrant aroma of crisp basil binding with the flavors of the tomato and the onion and garlic began to float through the house.

"I hate to say it, Angus, but your grandfather was right," Kate said. "That smells like a true smell of Tuscany now."

"He's always right when it comes to that stuff," Angus laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:01 pm

Steven nodded and smiled at the fact he was going to use his idea though the more he thought about it the more he began to wonder if it wasn't a good place as the sun would at certain times be blocked out. The smell of the sauce made him smile. “certainly does Kate“ he said softly “ what are you putting with it Angus?” He asked wondering if it would be meatballs or something else that Angus has thought up. Jack smelt it too and smiled at its scent.

“Yummy” he said and Jess chuckled and patted Jacks arm gently.

“Ah not long to wait by the smell of it Jack, your worse than the children”she said softly and Jack chuckled along with Jim, Cassidy and Steven who shook his head a little. Standing Steven walked out side to find Edward. He found him beside the stream and walked over to him.

“You know, here does look the better spot. “ he said looking around “ what with the constant fresh water to water the plants when they need it” he knelt beside the stream and looked into it. “looks clear as if filtered naturally” Steven looked up at Edward still on one knee.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:12 pm

"It is," Edward said, studying the lay of the land. The spot that he was standing in was close to a bit of a rocky outcropping that stood perhaps 10 feel high. "Look there to the Northwest," Edward said. "There's the source of your filtering." The creek was being down from above the rocks by a waterfall. The water flowing through all the layers of rock was causing a ntaural filter. He took a scoop of water and tasted it. "Its sweet. Its a perfect place for it. If we do it right, we could build a greenhouse and a conservatory both that was not only practical but a lush, beautiful warm place that you could escape to for a few hours in a winter afternoon to forget the snow. there is no reason why it couldn't be at least a two story greenhouse to allow for the waterfalls to be incorporated right into it with the creek running through the heart of it. Watering the plants, then, becomes simply a bit of a simple charm to spray the water on the plants. You'll have to warm the water a bit in the winter, but that's not difficult either. It could be incredibly beautiful. And truthfully, I dont' think if it came to surrounding his wife with beauty, I think Brian would spend his last cent if it pleased her. I can't see him objecting."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:45 pm

Steven nodded and smiled at the ideas Edward was coming out with. “Yes, it would be wonderful and I think perfect too “ he said and smiled thinking of the large green house that would take in the waterfall and keep them warm at the same time. “ I think the kids will love it too” he said standing back up and brushing down his hands on his trousers. He looked at Edward. “Maybe I can help, god knows I should give them something back.” He said softly glancing back at the house then at Edward.

Cassidy picked up Fallon and held her as she had see her started to doze off as she sat on the floor in front of her, soon she was sound asleep in Cassidy's arms. Jess smiled and moved the car for Alex who ran after it happily. Jim looked over his book and smiled turning the next page in the book. He saw the car slow and waved his hand it went slowly in circles and Alex giggled and clapped his hands.

“So, do you think Khaat slept at the farm, or just gave it the once over Kate?” He asked with a light chuckle as he closed his book and stood up to stretch out his body after sitting so long “ ok I'm going to patrol the grounds “ he said and Jack moved with him.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:00 pm

"When are you going to give that up?" Edward frowned at him. "They seem to all be moving forward with business, and yet you keep bringing it up. If they're willing to let go and move forward, why don't you? It will be far easier for all of you if you leave it alone. And if Jeffrey didn't tell you that, he's an idiot." He started to walk off what he felt were the appropriate corners of the greenhouse and took large sticks, charmed them so they would glow and put them into the ground. Two belown on the level below the rocks and two up on top of the rocky outcropping to mark the upper level. It would be a rather split level affair.

He walked back down to where he had been before. It would surely be a massive and impressive structure if it truly filled between his four stakes. "I think I should next draft out my ideas, my changes to the blueprints I brought, and then show them to Brian."

At the house, Kate looked up when Jim asked about Khaat. "No, I think she'll be back soon with Robert in time for dinner. I don't think its going to feel like home for her. There's too much difference there now for her to feel like she did. I think, if Robert is smart, he'll have allowed her to either be in her rooms to work or in his library. Someplace familiar. She's going to feel like this is home to her now. Not the farm. And that's really as it should be."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:25 pm

Steven nodded and breathed out slowly as he spoke. “ your right, have to get my head back in the game.“He said and watched Edward place sticks in the ground for the lower level and two for the upper. Steven tied string around the lower to mark out the area and stepped back. “ Should be a fair size.” He said and nodded at Edwards suggestion. “Preparation is key to make it good, right?” he said looking at the glowing sticks both in the ground and in the out crop.

Jim nodded and sighed as he had to agree with her “Yeah, but eventually she'll get use to it and grow to think of it as home.” He said softly smiling at Kate and nodded “ but I guess your right, until then here will feel more like home, because it is her home with Brian” he said looking out the window “ looks like there starting on that green house “ he said seeing Steven helping Edward mark out the area. Jess smiled as she stood up.

“ ow yes looks a good size green house” she said turning to face Kate as she spoke once more. “Kate looks as if there incorporating the waterfall too” she said “ that will be one wonderful feature”
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:56 pm

Kate smiled. "Sounds like it wil be much too beautiful for just plants. Edward might as well put a couple sleeping bags in there now because thats where we'll find Khaat and Brian. They won't be able to resist."

"Oh sure," Angus said. "Just waht they need to do, sleep in a greenhouse."

"If it incorporates that waterfall, it will remind them so much of those nights outside under the stars with Remus that it is precisely where they'll be," Kate said.

"Well, I suppose if they want to sleep with the basil, thats up to them," he said. He began to set the table. "We'll be eating in about 20 minutes. I have some macaroni and cheese for the kids. Tomato might not rest so well on their stomachs for another day or so. I hope Khaat and Robert get back in time."

"They will be," Kate said. "Robert's timing is usually close to impeccable. They'll be here. Besides, I know he won't take any pain potion while he's working and he wont be able to deal with it much longer than he has."

"What are you talking about?" Angus frowned.

"Brian didn't tell you then. That damned wound is infected. It's a miserable looking thing. Brian and Khaat have been tending it, but the pain almost doesn't respond to traditional pain potion, and he utterly refuses to take the concentrated stuff because it causes such a sleep. He doesn't want to be under those effects. Its important to him to be able to be alert at a moment's notice. So, if it continues into tomorrow, he may soon be one cranky old man."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:08 am

Jess and Jack looked at each other and sighed “ that's not good Robert cranky is never good” Jack said “ what can we do to help?” he asked Kate as Jess gathered some of the children so they could sit to the table Jess nodding at the suggestion about the tomatoes for the kids. Jim closed his book and placed it down on a small table before heading over to them.

“Be a bit draughty, since they only marked out the area right now.“ He said “ but yes I think once done it might be a nice place to relax a little in, a bit of tropical in an other wise cold place” he said smiling as he moved to lay the table with knives and forks for the adults and sippy cups or the children. Cassidy placed down plates and cups for those who wanted tea or coffee.

“ yeah and its supposed to storm too” she said “ I hope not that last one was bad enough” she shook her head as she placed down the last plate on the table and moved to stand with Jack. Outside Steven looked at Edward and smiled.

“ ok so its going to be heated for winter days and be able to be opened in summer right so they will need some sort of heating system and the windows should open in the top right?” he said finding he liked working with Edward on this particular project.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 75 of 100 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 87 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top