Marriage is Murder - Page 76
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 76 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 76 of 100 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 88 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 76 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:38 am

"It will be charmed to be open when it is appropriate for it, year round, on its own, and closed when it needs to be, on its own," Edward said. He found a seat at Brian's desk, and unrolled the parchment blueprint. He took out an enchanted quill. The quill allowed him to move any line on the page much like moving a thread. He could stretch a wall, add a room, add a floor, do whatever changes he wanted, by using the quill to simply move the lines or add some lines.

"The key to the quill," Edward said, "is that for the quill, every line is a thread until you set the blueprints in stone. And one never sets a blueprint in stone until the building its designed for is finished. I tend to not set blueprints in stone ever. This quill is the only thing that can move any of the lines on the page. And there aren't many of these quills. I know a spell to create a three dimensional image of the building once its finished on the page, but we're not ready to do that. Not yet."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23620
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:53 am

Steven looked at the blue prints in front of them and watched as Edward moved the lines on it just as if they were faint bits of string on the paper. Steven had not seen this before and smiled as he listened nodding as Edward spoke “ Good, a bit like the muggles automated system. “He said watching Edward work with the enchanted quill moving lines and adding rooms here and there. He heard him mention about making a 3 dimensional image and knew this was becoming very interesting on deed. “ right just in case your not happy and have to alter it, even while part way through, guess saves time, but what of planning permission?” he slapped his forehead in sudden realization of how stupid his question had been. “Of course, what section would deny the minister and its his own land so he can build it. “ He said shaking his head at his own stupidity “ sorry that was a daft question there.” he looked back down at the blueprints and watched him more as he worked again.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:32 pm

"I got that covered already," Brian said, coming in after working in the barn all afternoon. He'd taken time to shower but he was tired. He'd done all the work by hand, and as exhilarating as it was, he was tired. "When I filed with my lively wife for legal permission to expand our buildings, I included any agricultural and energy resources to make the farm self sufficient. She was crafty enough to word it to give us large latitude there. What exactly are you blueprinting now, Edward? And why does it remind me of a laptop?"

"Because its a primary desire of mankind to have control over everything," Edward said, starting to lift the lines up into walls, starting the 3D imaging. "Muggles have the same dreams we do. They just have needed several hundred years to catch up to find a way to do what we've been doing magicaly for a long time. As for what I'm drafting, you're out of basil."

"What?" Brian frowned. "That doesnt' look like a basil plant."

"It isn't, Smartalek," he quipped. "Its a greenhouse. If you're going to be self sufficient, then you do need a better plan for plants than what you have."

"I see. A two story greenhouse?" he frowned.

"Don't complain until you actually see the finished draft," Edward said, still working.

Khaat and Robert apparated in. She had spent much of her own healing energies in trying to draw off the infection from her father's shoulder and in trying to draw off his pain. The last thing she tried seemed to be the most effective but she had not told him she had resorted to it. It was a spell that was all but forbidden for healers because of the high risk. In fact, few even knew it anymore. She had discovered it by accident. It allowed her to draw off his pain by taking it on herself. She was, literally absorbing his pain into her own body. He had been so preoccupied with his work that he hadn't noticed.

When they apparated in, He put the bag on the floor and sat down in a chair. "We talked with Michael," Robert said. "He's coming in for dinner. Would you set another plate, Angus?" Khaat went up to her room.

"Absolutely," Angus said. "And I presume that means I should break out the firewhiskey."

"Yes, please. I could use one now."

"I'll get it right away, Robert," Angus said. "Khaat okay?"

"Yes," Robert said. "It really did throw her that our house is not the home she remembers. Give her a bit of time by herself. It is an adjustment. And very understandable."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:50 pm

Steven looked up at Brian and nodded he agreed and sighed “ there getting there slowly” he said watching Edward working with the 3D image of the green house.“ looks like it will be magnificent when its in place” he glanced back at the ground as it stood. “ Be hard to believe it looks like this right now” he said he saw Robert and Khaat return and saw how Khaat headed up stairs. Jess placed down an extra plate and cutlery as Robert had asked saving time for Angus.

“We all thought she would find it strange,” Jess said and looked at Kate “ time heals outer wounds but not inner those take a lot longer” she said softly as she then move to the drinks cabinet taking out a bottle of firewhisky and several glasses for each person to be able to have a drink if they so wished . Placing it down she pored a glass for Robert and walked over to him. “ Here drink this” she said placing the glass in his hand and smiled. Jim stood up and walked over to the bottle he pored glasses for every one and made each one float to every one.

“To friends and good deeds.” He said as he toasted and downed his drink in one.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:09 pm

"Here, here," Robert agreed. "Thank you, Jess. We did get a great deal done. Its amazing how much we can get done together when we don't get interrupted a hundred times."

"Did you push her too hard?" Kate asked him. "She's tired."

"Then perhaps she needs to hit the gym. An afternoon at a desk should not have done that," Robert said.

"Perhaps you've got it wrong," Kate scowled, a touch angry at him. She got up and went upstairs to check on her daughter.

Khaat had gone to her room and had stretched out on the bed. She had done her best to use her powers to go find Remus in order to distract herself from the pain she had absorbed. Kate found her in a seer's trance. This was not how Khaat dealt with fatigue. Kate knew she might, however, deal with the loss of the place where she'd spent so many years with Remus by going to find him. So she decided to let her rest.

Downstairs, Michael apparated in, and he brought with him a large basket.

"Isn't there a proverb about being wary of strange men bearing gifts?" Angus asked.

"Close," Michael said, laughing. "Its Greeks. Not strange men. I'll admit to strange, but I"m not Greek, so you're safe. I happen to have here, some lovely bottles of wine and a freshly made dark chocolate 14 layer cake."

"That's ambitious even for you," Angus said, impressed. Michael took the basket to the kitchen and drew out the gorgeous cake and the bottles of wine.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:32 pm

Steven smiled and downed his drink as did the others he chuckled and was about to say it was Greeks when Michael put Angus right all on his own. Steven just chuckled then looked at the bottles. “Good vintage” he said softly as he placed down his empty glass next to the bottle he watched Kate leave to check on Khaat after talking with Robert he had caught the anger seeming to creep into her voice as she spoke to him and chose to stay down stairs. Cassidy did the same then gathered them together taking them to the kitchen to be washed returning with a cup of tea for herself. Jess watched them and noted Khaat's tired appearance and also after a moment she felt her slip into her seers trance relaxing even just a little. Jack stood up and moved to the grounds taking the time to make his usual rounds of the grounds.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:53 pm

Edward stopped working and looked up at the ceiling.

"Is Khaat home?" he asked.

"Probably by now," Brian said. "Why?"

"Something's not exactly right. The seers' energies in this house just went drastically up," Edward said. "Its as if all the seers have been triggered somehow." He got up and started out of Brian's office.

"Where are you going?" Brian asked.

"Upstairs," he said. "That's where its started from." Brian followed. Michael and Robert saw Brian and Edward heading upstairs, looking like they were checking on a security matter.

"Should we join the parade?" Michael asked.

"No. I don't think so. Not yet," Robert said, taking a sip of his firewhiskey.

Edward followed his instincts and went right to the bedroom. He checked her. "Leave us," he told Brian. "This energy started here. Right here. Leave us. You'll only be a distraction for me." Brian hesitated. Edward gave him a repremanding stare, and Brian left. Edward sat on the bed and laid his hand on Khaat's forehead to try to bond his energies with hers to try to find her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:25 pm

Cassidy stood up and moved with him she followed him into the bedroom and saw what he was doing “ Here let me help” she said and placed her hand on him focusing on the veil he had to cross. Cassidy saw the mist and lead him threw “There quickly” she told him her hand rested on his shoulder giving him the extra energy he needed to find her. Jess staid sat still thinking of Khaat and her search for Remus not knowing why she was just searching with her mind.

Jack returned and looked at Jess and Kate he moved to Brian “ what's going on?” he asked as he stood with him hoping it was not some sort of attack that was specifically for seers to knock there ability's off line for a while. Jim moved to sit with Jess placing his hand on her shoulder she let out a breath but didn't do much else.

“ she's searching” Jess's voice came again “ she's looking for Remus, but she can't find him.” her voice trailed off
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:00 pm

Khaat didn't see Remus where he usually was. She was about to slip into the trees when she heard someone behind her.

"You know you wont' be allowed to pass into the woods," Edward said to her. "Not unless you stay. Do you also know you're bleeding on this side?" She turned around and saw him there. She saw he was right. She had the same wound that her father had. She didn't have it on the physical side of the veil. But she did have it over here. Remus stepped out from the trees.

"Bringing guests?" Remus asked her.

"This is..." she began.

"I know. What I don't know is why you're here." Then he saw the bleeding wound on her shoulder. "That wound is very serious. Tell me you're not here to stay."

"No," Edward said. "She's not. What did you do, Khaat?"

"She cast it wrong," Remus said.

"Did she, now?" Edward said, not believing that anyone with her skills would do that by sheer mistake.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:36 pm

Cassidy saw what was going on but stood quiet she knew Remus and so stayed silent watching them all. She saw the shot and frowned wondering how she had it when it had been Robert who had been wounded. Jack staid with Brian looking puzzled at Jess's face which smiled as she turned to look at Jack and then at Kate “ she found him but he's not happy” she said and sat back feeling more than a little tired. Jack looked at Angus.

“Can you make seers tea for all of them, I know Kate and Khaat will need it too” he said knowing if Jess was exhausted Kate and Khaat would be worse having a stronger connection to Khaat and Remus and he knew Jess would need the tea to regain her strength. “I'm sure they will be ok soon enough, right Michael?” he said looking over his shoulder at him as he moved to Jess.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 76 of 100 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 88 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top