Marriage is Murder - Page 63
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 63 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 63 of 100 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 81 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 63 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:28 pm

"It hasn't been fixed yet," Angus said. "We just haven't had time to get to it. The most I could do last night was to put a water barrier spell up to stop it from getting a lot of water damage. But Brian might have to replace that tan leather sofa in there. Looks like the leather took a massive damage hit to it from the tree branch.

"That is very replaceable," Brian said. "I never liked that sofa much anyway."

"I did. I expect it replaced," Khaat said. "Immediately."

"As in today?" he frowned.

"Do I look like I'm joking?" she said. "I like that sofa. A lot."

"You do use it a lot."

"Yes I do. Replace it or I will."

"I'll do it or you'll redecorate the whole house," he scowled at. "And no, you cannot put pink roses in our bedroom."

"Then buy the sofa."

"FIine," he sighed.

"You go, Girl," Kate laughed. "Get him trained early. He needs to find out quick that it could always be worse."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23620
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:49 pm

Jess and Jack ate quietly as did Cassidy and Jim, then Jack finished and placed his plates in the dishwasher and walked to the stairs " be done quick as a flash, but furniture I'll leave that to you Brian " he told them and headed up to the room. Jess chuckled

" He's good at knowing when to leave alone" she said and smiled as Cassidy nodded as she ate her own food quietly her thoughts went to Steven but she quickly pushed it back knowing Khaat would not want any negative thoughts right now. As they sat a small parcel appeared out of the floo and floated across the floor up to Roberts room Cassidy followed as she noted it had Jeffreys writing on it and she was curios to see if it was about Steven.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:03 am

"He learned that the hard way, as I recall," Angus said.

"Oh just once or twice," Khaat said. She saw the package float in and up to her father. She wanted to intevene. Her father needed to rest. She bounced up from the table and up to her father's room, following the box. As she got to the door, he clutched the box out of the air.

"I can open my own mail, thank you," Robert said.

"I want you to rest," she said. He picked up his wand and cast a spell on the box. He didn't like some of the energy inside the package.

"Later," he said, now intensely preoccupied.

"You're acting like its got a muggle bomb in it," she said.

"Possibly worse," he said. She went over to him and sat on the bed.

"Can I open the paper wrapping?"

"Let's use a spell." He cast an enchantment to unwrap and open the box. Inside was a letter and a woman's ring. And old one.

"That's Cassidy's," she said. "Steven bought it for her in Hawaii." Robert cast a spell on the ring. She went to pick it up out of the box.

"Don't touch it," he told her firmly. "Its cursed. " He opened the letter and read it and then closed the box. "Take the box. Do not open it. Give the box to Michael. And tell him to get rid of it. Tell him Rule 2."

"Rule 2?" she frowned.

"Rule 2. Now go." She took the box and took it downstairs and went quietly to Michael's chair.

"I'm to give this to you. And I'm to tell you 'Rule 2," she said. He became stonefaced and took the box and got up.

"I'll be back," he told them. "Hold my plate please."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:11 am

Cassidy stood puzzled at the commotion all over a ring she moved to the bedroom door and looked at Robert. " why did you do that?" she asked in confusion " was something wrong?" she lent on the door frame and waited for Khaat to return and explain just as Jess walked up having felt the bad energy the box had given off.

“ yes Cassidy from what I felt and the look on Michael's face just now, it must have been very wrong.” she told her then looked at Robert she lightly let some of her energy top his own up and she drew some pain off him.” I'm guessing bad energy equals bad actions” she waited as she looked at Robert.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:56 am

"Why exactly are you asking?" Robert asked quietly. "Are you asking because you're questioning my judgement? Or are you just curious about what was in the box? Or are you trying to decide when to actually sign the divorce papers?"

He wanted to say more to her but he kept his mouth shut. He had been providing for John since Steven had become ill and had paid every penny of the expenses. He had made sure that John had new school clothes and all his school supplies and sufficient spending money and had made sure that John and Andrew had gotten to the train on time.

He had also been working with Jeffrey on arrangements for where Steven would stay after his discharge so that he would not be alone and could start to train again to get back into shape and to see for himself if he could resume his old job anymore.

Robert had taken several trips for even an hour or two to Switzerland. To the best of his knowledge, Cassidy had only gone once, and that was after Jess had goaded her into it. It hadn't been a clear choice for her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:03 am

Cassidy looked shocked at Robert " no I..I changed my mind after talking with Jeffery " she said and looked at Robert it then hit her and she covered her mouth " John , damn I forgot John I just realized how stupid its the summer holidays, Robert I need to go and find him, please " she asked now some what in a slight panic having for got her own step son for so long. "Damn it, what will he think of me? " she said softly under her breath. Jess looked at Robert as she heard everything.

" we're ok for now Robert Jack and Jim are doing the repairs I will tend to the kids and Angus is in the kitchen" she told him.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:13 am

"Leave John alone," Robert said quietly but very firmly. "I took care of him. He understands his father is ill. He gets that. No matter how busy Steven was, he always made time to drop a line or make some sort of contact. But I don't know if he even knows what to do with you. You're the third stepmom figure he's had in the last couple of years, so I don't know how much he invested in you. But..I doubt you made any points with him.

"John is not your problem. What is your problem is that I've been to Switzerland almost once a week, and I've paid for everything Steven needed, took care of all his business affairs and yours and John's, I got weekly written reports on Steven and his health, and I've been working with Jeffrey to design a discharge plan for him.

"I know you were hurt when you were a kid, but lets get to the here and now. You're a grown up. Your husband has been ill for months. You went to see him once and you talked a great deal about how painful it was and what a rogue Steven is.

"I am not giving you any information until you decide if Steven is worth investing in--whether he is well or whether is permanently stays as mad as a March hare," he said firmly. "I don't know about your wedding vows but mine said 'for better or for worse, in sickness and in health.' If you promised that, what part of it did you not understand?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:22 am

Jess stood with her arms folded as cassidy listened and nodded as he spoke relaxing a little knowing John was ok. " your right " she said looking right at him " ok hear and now, not the past, I did lose a husband but I'm damned if I'm going lose another." she said folding her arms across her chest " I will fight to get his mind and body back " she accioed the papers and burnt them into ashes then she moved to stand up straight. "What did the reports say, did Jeffery give any indication as to why he broke down?" she asked " I'll go and see him this afternoon if its all secure here." Jess shook her head.

" Cassidy it is we can cope" she said softly and smiled.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:54 am

"He was bewitched," Robert said simply. "He remembers what he did but in much the same manner as a muggle who has been on some odd drug or medication. Its foggy and fuzzy for him. And, of course, as with many dark hexes, it takes awhile to wear off and a bit to get a grip on the things you've said and done when you were out of control.

"He's fought a long hard battle, and whatever hurt you think you felt, believe me, it doesn't compare to what he's had to fight over there to get back to feeling like himself. Jeffrey has told him that I am taking care of things, and Jeffrey has advised that we leave it that way until Jeffrey believes Steven can do it for himself. Especially where John is concerned. The boy is safe and is back at Hogwarts where, right now, he feels like he has some consistancy and believes he is provided for. You do whatever you feel you need to do with Steven but I expect you both to be somewhat realistic and leave him to me for now.

"You are, of course, welcome to go see him. We will handle things here.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:27 pm

Cassidy stood listening her heart felt heavy at what Steven had gone through, she nodded as Robert explained more but smiled as he said she could go and see Steven that afternoon " Thank you Robert " she said she looked at Jess glancing back at Robert " I won't let Steven down, not again, not ever" she told them both and Jess nodded.

"its like that saying about the footsteps in the sand, when you see one set of foot prints its because you were being carried and not abandoned. " she said and smiled placing her hand on Cassidys shoulder " carry him on your shoulders until he can walk beside you" she said softly Cassidy nodded and left the room. Jess looked at Robert with a sigh. "Even with the enchantment I'm guessing Khaat isn't going to accept him back easily, will she" she asked
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Page 63 of 100 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 81 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top