Marriage is Murder - Page 89
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 89 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 89 of 100 Previous  1 ... 46 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 94 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 89 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by James Cummings Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:25 pm

Jim chuckled and nodded " if he worked that hard then he did need it " Jim said looking up at Michael " I hope he's soaking now in the tub I hope or he'll feel it tomorrow." he had done it himself worked out then gone to sleep only to feel sore and stiff the following morning. He smiled at Michael and looked at the chess set " want another game ?" he asked " or does he need us to get him out too?" he gave a small smirk knowing Brian would not need them now he was in the same room as Khaat. He was relaxed knowing that Brian was there as well but he still kept an ear open for any sounds.

"I Hope Jack gets that bite looked at, it was a nasty one, hes not that bad that Jack, yes I know coming from me a were hater" he gave a light chuckle. "My opinion doesn't change for others, but Jack is different, he's embraced his humanity rather than give in to his curse." He said and sat facing the chess set even if Michael didn't want to play chess he could still play against himself like he had several times back home when Margaret would go to bed early and he would not be tired.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:37 pm

"Well, I wasn't going to let him go to bed beside her while he was wet and stinky. I know better. But there's no doubt in my mind I"m going to have to fish that boy out of the tub. If I don't, he's still going to be there in the morning. In fact, I probably should do that before he slides underwater. Yeah, I could do a chess game. Why dont' you set up the board, and I'll put the lad to bed?" Michael said, getting up again.

He did find Brian in a very sound sleep in the tub. Michael let out the water from the tub and found it immensely difficult to rouse Brian in his fatigue. Michael used a spell to dry him off and simply got him into bed and covered him and left them both to sleep, closing the door.

"We'll be lucky if we see either of them before noon," Michael laughed. "I say we let them sleep, if it takes them all day. You've got dog duty," he laughed, deciding he really wasn't interested in walking the dog. Enzo let out a low, rather disappointed groan that they were talking about him. "Don't give me that," Michael looked down at the large dog. "I do not feel sorry for you. I have enough issues having to let my furniture out at home. He doesnt' have a dog. Its his turn to get up in the middle of the night with you."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:35 pm

Jim chuckled and nodded as he looked down at the board " of course Michael " he said and started to set each piece up on the black and ivory board. Each piece unique in its carving and painting he placed them on their spot and sat back waiting he moved the port closer at hand if Michael so wished a last night cap before bed. Jim pored one for himself. Hearing his words he chuckled and nodded " good about time they both had a good nights sleep " he said moving his first piece forward and waited, he looked down at Enzo had chuckled " I don't mind one bit , just don't go in the canals" he said and looked at Michael.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:29 pm

Michael got out a beautiful bottle of the very finest French cognac and opened it. "A gift from Alette," he said. "She got it...well,... working. And she doesn't particularly like cognac like I do." He got out a couple of whiskey glasses and transfigured them into some very nice cognac glasses. He poured the cognac into the glasses and started a ball of bluebell flames that floated in midair. "Here. Cognac is always better warmed a bit." He took his glass and gently swirled it over the flames to warm the cognac in his glass.

He chose an opening move that was very unconventional. He decided to present Jim a challenge from straight off. "You know, sometime we really ought to team up and challenge Khaat. You and I can challenge her. Let's save that for either a rainy day or a rainy evening. It could be a lot of fun."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:39 pm

Jim watched him bring out the heavy drink and smiled as Michael made his move " ah one day I might be good enough to take her one , with your help of course " he said and sat looking at the board it took him a while but he finally figured out his move and made it. He held his glass and sipped it slowly. " it is good, shes got good taste" he said sitting back in his chair as he waited. " you know some times I worry about those two" he said glancing at the bedroom door where he knew Khaat and Brian were sleeping. He took another sip of the cognac and sighed.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:47 pm

"Alette knows exactly how to find some of the finer things," Michael said. "I don't think she's probably done a heist in a long time, but if I needed a partner for any rope work, her name would surely be in my top five." He slid a second piece into place close to his first. He had chosen to not play as aggressively tonight but more for giving Jim an opportunity to learn.

"So what is your worry about them exactly?" Michael asked. "Is there something bugging you? There is usually some sort of drama in the Lupin's lives. But what exactly are your thoughts?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:55 pm

Jim watched him slid his next piece and looked around the board carefully for his next move , then he moved his piece and looked up at Michael and shook his head. " Just me being overly protective I guess , there not my kids but kids never the less who have been through more in there lives than they should have " he said softly and drank his drink slowly. Slowly he felt his body relax again and he watched Michael and the board more than the door now his mind leaving Khaat and Brian for the game he now played.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:01 am

"You're right. They have, and that is why Robert stays so close to them and keeps training them on an ongoing basis. Its also why he continues to work to help them deal with the side effects of what it means to be a Lupin and to be a wizarding celebrity. Its a lot of pressure for a pair of newlyweds. And Robert knows it isn't what either Khaat or Brian asked for.

"I'm hoping that a few days away will help them to rest up, start to feel better physically, start to feel more like themselves again. I think a lot of it will turn around when she gets her sight back. I am considering sending them to get their cars. Let them go for a road trip through some of the vineyards or olive orchards. We can surely follow in the other car. Wait..I know I drive, but do you? And can you operate a standard transmission?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:05 am

Jim chuckled and nodded he'd had to train with Robert too and knew to him even he was still that green rookie that had walked in straight out of training with the ministry. He heard Michael and thought for a moment " is that the one with the stick in the floor? " he asked then chuckled again as he made his next move. " yes, I can drive stick" he said thinking it would not only be good for them to get out but him too. " I like that idea they get privacy but we'll be close enough to watch them" he sipped the drink again taking the last of it down before lacing the glass down next to him on the small table.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:35 am

"Well, good. That means that if Khaat gets her sight back, we have four drivers for two very nice cars. And I am presuming you do have a muggle driver's license. Personally, I think we get Khaat to take one of her big purses and tuck a change of clothes and some night things in there for us in case we decide to stay overnight at a bed and breakfast or one of the tiny village inns. Some time truly enmeshed with the locals might be good for them...." He paused, thinking. "Maybe we shouldn't offer that. I think Khaat would fall so in love with that, that she might not want to go back to England ever again." He moved his piece, a nice blockade beginning to take place on the opposite side from where Jim had been concentrating his own movements.

"I know Brian would love to take her to some of the designer fashion studios. He likes it when she looks really nice, and she enjoys pleasing him. I know most of the designers are in Paris, but there are some great designers here too, and he'd enjoy pampering her. We will have to take them shopping at some point.

"That and I am going to encourage her to take her for a night out--without us. Candlelight, dinner, dancing...romance...They're young enough to go without us. We can stay home with the dog, I think."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 89 of 100 Previous  1 ... 46 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 94 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top