Marriage is Murder - Page 46
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 46 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 46 of 100 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 73 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 46 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:54 am

They went to the farm, and Brian knew at once by the presence of the men, where he needed to go. He took bold confident strides towards the house, and brushed the hands aside that attempted to caution him. He walked in as a commander as he had always done, no matter what, but no matter what he had seen, he wasn't prepared for this. The utter carnage and violence in which his nieces and nephews had perished, and how obviously their father had fought for them to the last drop of blood he'd had. Brian's head reeled, Images rushed too quickly through his head for him to catch. His head spun, and he found himself, for the first time ever, going back outside and out to a barren field, sick.

Robert looked in at the scene in front of him in the house and looked back at Brian. "Give him a minute," he told Jack and Steven. "Dont crowd him. I'll take a first look and then I'll turn it over to you two, if you're able to deal with it. That will let me make sure he's okay."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:01 am

Jack looked around he smelt the blood but took a deep breath in, he was in control. Steven walked to the outer limits and looked around he checked very hiding spot he could. While Jack stood watching Robert with Brian he'd smelt and seen blood in the past but this time it turned even his stomach and he was glad Khaat wasn't here along with Jess she too would not have coped with the sights and smells around them. Jack stood waiting for Robert to come and tell them if everything was ok for them to investigate the scene. Steven walked back up brushing his hands.

"they were being watched I found traces down by the creek, not there now" he said his face serious , reaching into his pocket he took out a small bag inside cigarette butts opening the packet jack immediately shook his head and held his nose.

" wow they stink" he said and Steven nodded as he closed it back up.

" cheap and easy to obtain, but mostly sold in diagon alley" he said looking at Jack who nodded both thinking the same thought , Grinwald or one of his lackeys.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:10 am

Robert looked the scene over and investigated it himself. He didn't find much but the signs of a struggle of a terrified family for life. He didn't say much. He ordered the men to get a full set of photos of the scene and collect all evidence. His own work took him sevearl minutes and then he went outside. He found Jack and Steven.

"I've started the crew investigating," Robert told them. "I'm leaving you two to do this. I can certainly see why Brian couldn't cope with this. I'm going to check with him." Robert walked out to the field and found Brian on his knees in the snow, completely overwhelmed. Robert crouched beside him and touched his forehead and stopped his symptoms. He got Brian up and moved him over to where he would meet no other smells and sights other than fresh air and snow. Robert wasn't sure where Brian's thoughts were, but he seemed almost stunned. He decided he was going to have someone take Brian back to their rented farmhouse and get him out of here.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:17 am

Jack nodded and looked at the house then at Robert , Steven showed one of the men what he'd found and then walked back to Robert. " I'll stay, jack can go back, I know its hard on Brian and I can tell jacks got the scent already, " he said with a look of apology to Jack. " I'm use to this sort of thing with the rangers, if that's ok with you, Robert" he said as one man walked up to him, Steven told him to check down by the creek in case he'd forget or missed anything, the man walked off in the direction Steven pointed. Steven looked down at a clip board he'd been handed and nodded at each item. Jack just watched Robert with Brian he kept close to them both.

"Sir I'll take him back" he said " I'm sure he'd feel better not being here" he stepped one step closer but didn't go any closer. He waited for Robert to tell him one way or the other, but he let him know he was close if he did want Brian out of the area.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:53 am

Robert scribbled something on a slip of paper from a small notebook in his pocket. He folded the little piece of paper and put it in Brian's shirt pocket. "Take him home, Jack," Robert said, never taking his eyes off Brian. "You can't do any more here, Brian. You've got to let us help. That's why we're here. You'd do it for me." Brian managed to nod, not sure what the daylights was wrong with him but he knew he wasn't himself.

Meanwhile, Khaat woke sharply and tried to lunge out of bed. Michael got up and caught her. "Where are you going?" he asked her.

"Michael? Are my kids okay?" she asked, trying not to cave to her fear.

"We just left them, Khaat. They're with Edward. They couldn't be safer."

"Find out. Just find out. Please."

"Where is it coming from, Khaat?"

"I don't know...Its from...It's Brian's...its his..."

"Honey," Michael stroked her cheek, sitting on the bed beside her. "Brian went to Fi's farm. There is no way he's going to look at those kids and not see family. It may well be tat he saw those kids and saw his own."

"Its ugly, isn't it?"

"Yes."

"His mind...it just..."

"Sweetheart, his brain just took a bit of a left turn for a moment. It happens to the best of men who do what he does. You know that."

"Not Brian."

"Well, Brian never had a family to be afraid of losing before," Michael stroked her cheek. "You gave him the one thing worth living for. A family. Your father is with him. He couldn't be in better hands. Your father has seen men become overwhelmed before. When he comes back, we'll help him through it. The only thing that boy needs is you. You've always been his anchor. He'll be fine when he gets back here to you. You wait and see."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:45 pm

Jack watched as Robert wrote a note and slipped it into Brian's pocket. He wondered what was on it but said and did nothing knowing it was none of his business. Moving forward he moved to hold Brian looking at Robert then at Brian " he's right " he said softly and then ported him back to the cottage sitting him down in a chair as he moved to pore some whiskey " here drink " he said placing it in his hand. Jess walked in and sighed and headed up the stairs to find Michael.

" Michael, Brian's back he's...he's not himself " she said and looked at Khaat " I'll stay with her, I think Brian needs your reassurance Michael" she said moving to sit with Khaat she knew once Michael was done and back with Khaat she would go and check on Fiona and take some of her emotional pain from her to keep her comfortable for the moment.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:42 pm

Michael went downstairs to see Brian back, and the boy was just about as green at the gills as it got. He had his hand wrapped around a glass of firewhiskey, but he didn't look like he had a single thought moving through his brain. Michael walked over to the floo and flicked his wand at the hearth.

"Edward!"

"Who are you?" the cranky voice bellowed back.

"Do a headcount for me. How many rugrats you have there?"

"Don't need a headcount. Got eleven. We're good," the voice came back.

"And they're alright?"

"Why wouldn't they be?"

"That's all I needed to know. Out," Michael flicked the grate shut. He sat down with Brian. "Look at me, Boy," he ordered quietly. Brian managed, silently, to comply. "Your kids are fine. Those weren't your kids. they were Fi's kids. Don't split words with me and don't try to own what you isn't yours. Those were her kids. Yours are safe in Tuscany. You did not fail anyone. Unless you've found a way to be all knowing and onmipresent."

"No," Brian replied, staring into his firewhiskey.

"I know what this brings up for you. More than you know how to cope with. But you don't have to solve it all at once. Go up and see Khaat." Brian rolled his eyes. "Don't be insolent. Just do it, Take your glass and go. Now." Brian got up, picked up the glass and went upstairs. When he came in, he just asked Jess if he could have a moment with Khaat. When Jess left, Brian closed the door.

Khaat reached for his hand, and Brian put his drink on his nightstand and laid down beside her on the bed.

"I'm sorry," she said softly to him.

"Me too," he said. "I should have been there."

"No. Your first responsibility is to your own kids," she said. "You can only handle what you know about. You know that. No one blames you for this."

"They were ripped apart. I just saw...Abbey, Dakota, our kids...you..." he said. "I couldn't get it out of my head." He hid his face in her chest and she wrapped her arms around him. The smell of tne medicated bandages that surrounded her chest were almost reassuring for him. It spoke to him that she was safe. No one medicated a dead man.

"I'm right here, Bri," she said in a whisper, kissing him. "You never ever let me down. Not one time." She found the piece of paper in his pocket, took it out and read it and crumpled it and laid it aside on her nightstand. She wouldn't need it. She already knew. She felt his silent tears on her shoulder, and she accepted them, glad he was letting all that pain go. . It was time for him to grieve.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:20 pm

Jess saw Brian enter and stood up she move downstairs and went to Jack holding him " he'll be fine " Jack said and looked at Michael. after a moment she left to check on Fiona taking a little of her mental pain so she could rest easy before returning to down stairs where she saw Cassidy wiping her hands after cleaning the kitchen a lit sat on the table of items they needed for the noon meal it seemed to Jess cassidy was enjoying her new cooking skills and she smiled walking over to Jack and holding him tight." I'm fine Jess , Steven staid to continue the investigation with Robert he said and Cassidy nodded.

Steven moved around the house he saw masses of foot prints some fresh which he took to be the men guarding them the second older and deeper he took those to be the men who had desecrated the house. He walked back up to Robert " ok I checked all around the house only foot prints and scorch marks only the inside left" he said his voice dropping slightly as he knew that was going to be the hardest part of all , I did find cigarette butts down by the creek earlier" he showed him.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:33 pm

"I'll take the cigarette butts to kate," Robert said, taking them from Steven. "Maybe we can learn something." Robert watched the local wizarding morticians come to collect the bodies. Robert stepped in to assist and to direct the cleanup of the house. Just as the bodies were being removed, the local aurors arrived.

"You're hours and hours too late" Robert bristled angrily.

"Minister Lupin," they said, clearly deferring to him, even though he was not minister anymore.

"I have the investigation completed. You can have my report," he told them. "Get this place cleaned up."

"Yes Sir," they said.

"Steven," Robert said. "This shouldn't take long, but you do really need to stay and make sure this gets done right. I'm going to go get Kieran and take him to make funeral arrangements. I'll send someone to you with some lunch. Either that or we'll hold some for you. I can't see this taking more than another hour. Then you can join the protection detail again at the house if you like."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:59 pm

Steven looked and stood to attention as the other Aurors aperated in to the cottage . Steven recognized one man but said nothing. He turned to look at Robert " That's fine with me, I'll stay till its cleared up witch won't be more than an hour " he said glancing back at the cottage, send jack if you must I don't think the women could handle all this just yet" he said and nodded at Roberts last words " yes sir " he said walking over to one man and talking to him. He returned to Robert and nodded " it will be an hour " he said softly
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 46 of 100 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 73 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top