Marriage is Murder - Page 73
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 73 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 73 of 100 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 86 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 73 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:31 am

"Indeed," Robert said. "It certainly is. You know, I'm glad Kate can start decorating. Its good for her. And once Grindlewald is either killed or jailed, then perhaps we can get back to having some sort of lives of our own. You know, I watch Khaat and Brian and I wonder where the heck they got their generous spirit at. I don't know if any of us could have truly done what they do on a daily basis. Here they are. Newlyweds. Not married a year, and they're used to having their house overflowing with people constantly. Five kids of their own, Never less than two dozen at their table for any meal, and the only time they seem to get to themselves is at night when they sleep. Every move they make us under guard because there is no other choice. They both work 3 jobs...And there isn't anything that they don't share with the rest of us except a few days a year when I insist Brian take Khaat and just risk going alone just to get some sanity back.

"You and I were not anywhere near ready to start married live under that sort of microscope. I think we'd have held up as bodyguards if our marriages had started out that way but to have every move you make even in your own house under guard? That's hard. Its not what I wanted for my kids, Jim. I guess I figured it might happen to some extent, but I never figured that I would be working at my age, I never figured on having a job at the Ministry ever, and I didn't see myself at St. Mungos. Slugs and Jiggers maybe. But nothing more than just making potions and running the farm. Life sometimes just gets very weird." He stirred the potions and watched the ruby color start to fade slowly. "Ah, there we go. Its looking better. We'll know when its ready because, first, it won't blow up in my face. And second, it will turn clear like water when its done."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:01 pm

Jim listened finishing his coffee and smiling " things never turn out quite the way we want but the way we need" he said and smiled as he watched the pot turn from red to a light red as it faded " good so not long now , you know potions was never my strong point in school " he said softly and glanced at Abby who was making the cat dash hear and their and chase its tail. " yo0u have a strong family Ozzie don't knock it, I don't with my three all have there mothers kindness but that stubbornness they get from me " he said smiling.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:47 pm

"Well, I tink you're at least partly right. Most of the time its how we need. I can't honestly tell you that I might not have been able to do without some of the nonsense we've experienced. A few less death eaters, some fewer death threats and attacks, all of that nonsense. I am not that much of a lover of drama that I could not have done without that, but in the end of it, if I had to find a good part in it, its that my family has found how much they're loved. That and they've found out how strong they really are. I don't mean this to sound morbid, but as a father, its important to me to know that, no matter what if anything ever happened to me, my kids can go on. And the deeper we get into this, the more that I see Brian understanding me enough that I dont need to explain much anymore. He already knows where my thoughts are going.

"Just so you know--I have every intention of surviving enough to take my post at the ministry back. Thats always been the plan. But if something does happen to me that sidelines me or takes me out, I am counting on you and Michael to hold my family together. Brian will know what to do with a lot of the business end of it. And I am sure that Michael would look out for Kate." He stirred the cauldron again and watched the color fade a bit more. In a few more minutes the potion turned clear.

"And there we are," he smiled. He smelled it. "Smell this. It always remins me of the spring air right after a rain. That sort of naturally clean smell. Nice. That's what it smells like when its ready." He got out some fresh, clean gauze compresses and took it and the cauldron to Khaat's room. Khaat was in a very light doze on the bed. He put the cauldron on her nightstand. He soaked the gauze in the potion and applied the warm potion directly to her bleeding cheek. She moaned softly, waking.

"Stings?" he asked gently.

"A bit," she said.

"That's just the spell neutralizing. Sorry about that. Its a good sign though. I'll be able to heal it soon though. When it stops stinging then the spell might well be neutralized. Let me know when it doesn't sting anymore." He kept sponging the wound until it stopped stinging. Once that happened, he laid his hand on her cheek and healed the wound. It left a deep angry scar at first.

"Don't worry about that," he told her. "It'll come. I'll work on it a few more times and that scar will be gone by morning. That blade was designed to leave a mark. The spell for the bleeding has been neutralized. The rest of the maker's attempts to cause the balde to always scar is a weak charm at best. It is not an issue. Now, do you want some dinner tonight?"

"No thank you," she yawned.

"I know. You're tired. Alright. Go ahead and go to bed. We'll take care of the kids. But I'll be back to keep reducing that scar until its gone." She nodded. He kissed her forehead and sent the cauldron back to his lab. He left her alone to get ready for bed.

"I hope Angus has dinner ready. Its been a long day," he told Jim. "I just want a good dinner, maybe a glass of port, and a good book now." Abbey dashed out of the lab into the hallway and clung to his pantleg. He laughed. "You again. You are not a glass of port and a good book. Where's your pink kitty?"

"I no know," she shrugged. Then she reached for him to pick her up.

"Lost him, did you?" he laughed. "I'm sure we'll find him someplace. He can't get away. You hungry?" She nodded, patting her empty tummy. "Okay. Let's go see if Angus fixed us any dinner."

"Noo Noos." she nodded.

"Noodles? Is that what you want?" he asked.

"No. Noo noos."

"You think he's fixing noodles?" he asked. She nodded.

"Well, lets go find out."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:27 am

Jim listened and nodded " don't worry we will , both of us " he said to Roberts words of knowing what to o if anything should happen to him. He knew inside he was praying nothing would happen and that he would get back in power he found things ran smoothly with Robert in the ministry. he followed him threw to Khaats room and watched him place a gauze soaked with the potion on her cheek. He was glad to see the cut slowly healing up and Khaat wake " Angus can send something up later for her Robert " he said softly so not to disturb Khaat. He saw something run past him and chuckled as he saw Abby with Robert " shes a good one Ozzie" he said smiling.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:46 am

Robert was about to speak to Jim when he saw a patronus flash across the sky. He abruptly handed Abbey to Jim. He went quickly to Khaat's room. "Khaat," he called. "Wake up. The patronus just came. We have to go." The instant he said patronus, she was on her feet and grabbed her jacket.

"Jim," Robert said. "We need to go. It's Grindlewald. They're moving against him now. Keep my family safe. Khaat and Brian need to come with me."

"Brian!" Khaat called. "The patronus!"

"I know!" Brian was already racing up the stairs. "Let's go!" This was what they had waited for, for all these months. With any luck Grindlewald would be ouste without anyone being killed. Brian and Khaat kissed Abbey's little cheek and they apparated out quickly without another word.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:52 am

Jim saw the patronus and took Abby in his arms " go we got it Ozzie , good luck" he said smiling as Khaat kissed Abby , he held her tight as they all left " mom and dad will be back soon " he said carrying her downstairs to look at the others who all looked worried " they will be fine there all good fighters and Robert is a strong wizard " he said and placed Abby down next to Kate and Jess. Jess smiled and nodded to Jim as did Steven and Cassidy.

" yeah all will be good again once grinwald is beat" said Jack holding Jess as he sat down next to her.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:02 am

It was just getting light when they got things settled enough to go home. It had been busy. But it had been a night well spent. They were tired. They had months of work to do--or rather months of work to undo, but they had left things in good hands for a few hours. Robert wanted to get a meal, a shower, a change of clothes, and maybe a couple hours of sleep before he went back.

They apparated home together. They wanted to open champagne. It had been worth the fight. Robert had brought two large magnums of some of the best champagne, and it was already perfectly chilled. The house was quiet now. At least for awhile.

Khaat smelled coffee just starting to brew, and then she got the beginning scent of tea brewing. Angus had evidently just gotten to the kitchen. They saw no one else in the living room. It was empty. Either people were sleeping or on patrol.

They knew someone would be awake soon. And they had news for them.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:33 am

Jim walked in from the outside he could smell the coffee and smiled. Closing the door he walked to the kitchen " so?" he asked simply " How'd it go I can see your all still alive" he grinned at them as he poured his coffee and moved to stand facing them all he knew they would be tired and wanting to rest , jack was next up he walked down and smiled also.

" Hay god to have you back ,Abby was fussy when we put her to bed, but she was soon asleep. " he said and yawned as Jess joined him smiling. Steven walked in from the barn after letting the unicorns out in to the pasture. He was pleased to see them all back in one piece.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:49 am

"You are looking at the new Minister of Magic and the Chief Warlock, and their flunkie," Brian smiled.

"Yeah, nice job last night, Flunkie," Robert teased Brian..

"Congratulations, Daddy," Khaat kissed his cheek. "I didn't have time to tell you before."

"Thank you, Dear," he smiled. Brian took the two enormous bottles of champagne and took them to the kitchen.

"Gellert Grindelwald is wounded with a curse that only a decent healer is going to solve for him, and that might take him a bit to find someone wiling to help him," Robert smiled. "Wasnt' my doing, but he exited without killing anyone, and before he left, he was nice enough to reappoint me my post back. I think it was merely his way of waving the white flag.."

"He knew his time was running out," Kate said, coming downstairs, carrying Abbey. "Guess who is awake again?"

"Papa!!" Abbey got excited and started bouncing in Kate's arms. He laughed and went over to them, kissed Kate and then took Abbey and kissed her. Abbey kissed Robert's cheek too.

"Now that," Robert said, pleased that Abbey had actually kissed him herself. "is worth everything. That's worth all the months of exile, the isolation, the fighting...all of it."

"Mama? Daddy?" Abbey asked.

"They're here," Robert told her. "I'm sorry. I was standing in front of them where you couldn't see them, wasn't I?"

"Papa, kee kee!"

"Where?" Robert asked. Abbey pointed up to the ceiling as the pink kitty from last night surfaced.

"Ah yes. There he is."

"Mine!"

"Yes," he laughed. "He's yours." Khaat went over to Abbey, and Abbey reached for her. Khaat took her from Robert. Abbey began chattering at her incessantly, telling her about the kitty.

"Thank you," Robert told the others. "For keeping my family safe. That means everything to me. We are now officially not fugitives anymore running from the law. Thank you for standing with us. That wasn 't easy."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:12 am

Jim smiled and gave Robert a pat on his shoulder " well done minister " he said grinning and moving back " ow I should have not done that to the minister" he said and chuckled " maybe now things can get back to normal around here " he said and went to drink his coffee. Jack and Steven gave a whoop of joy.

" nice one sent him packing , wish I could have seen that " Jack said " but I know we had a pretty important roll here too " he said and smiled " we didn't sleep much last night I an tell you" Jack said Jess beside him nodded all relived they were safely home and grinwald was ousted out of power. " dose that mean he'll be out for yu9r blood Robert?" Jack asked
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 73 of 100 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 86 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top