Marriage is Murder - Page 45
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 45 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 45 of 100 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 72 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 45 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:57 pm

Michael was about to order some food for Khaat but he glanced at her and she had collapsed back into sleep. Michael did not want to relay to anyone that he was concerned.

"I..guess I'll just have some tea for right now if there is any," Michael said. "If I wait til she wakes maybe the fact that I'll eat with her will help her to be more comfortable eating Moving her was just too much, even as little as it was. Sorry, Jack. I'm not used to see her this sort of thing with her. I know you're more used to it than I am. So I'm sorry if I'm a bit overprotective."

Brian had helped Kieran tuck Fi into bed and he had left Kieran to watch over her and he stepped out into the hallway. "Are we all moved in, Jack? Do we need anything? I'll send men out to the market to get whatever we need. I'll do that before I get down to business. I don't want Fi alone though."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:12 pm

Jack looked at Michael and smiled " yea guess we have become desensitized to it but its ok I'll get Jess to send up some tea|" he said smiling as he looked at Khaat sleeping on the bed " and we're all overprotective in our own way|" he said and looked out of the door at Brain " smells like shes got food on the table already " he said to him I'll send up a plate for you both, I'll get Jess to make a list. " he said and looked at Michael " don't worry about it " he said again and moved won telling Jess the upstairs order she sent the plates and tea to the right rooms and sat down to eat.

" well its ready come help your selves " she said Steven put down his book and walked over taking some food and a glass of juice sitting next to Cassidy as he ate, jack sat next to Jess.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:23 pm

Brian joined them at the table. As they ate, Brian asked quietly. "So, what can you tell me, Robert?" he asked.

Robert paused a moment and then picked up a roll and began to add butter to it in silence. Kate felt Robert's pain at having to hurt Brian's heart. This was not going to be easy.

"Brian," Kate said. "When the reports came in, it surprised us. If we had any clue we'd have been there."

"Just tell me," Brian said. "Who killed my family."

"Gelding's thugs came to take the children because the protection spells around Fi's farm failed," Robert said, taking the job of breaking the bad news from Kate to do it himself. "Fi's husband put up a strong fight to defend his children. And it looks very much like the children were struck down with killing curses and sectumsempras in the heat of the battle. Their father looks like he fell last, trying to shelter the youngest with his own body. I am sorry, Brian."

"Does Fi know?" Brian asked in a hoarse voice, trying not to be moved.

"Yes," Robert said softly. "I told her. Brian, I want you to stay here with her. I'll go to the farm."

"No," Brian said with fierce defiance.

"No?" Robert looked at him.

"I am going to the farm with you or without you. This is my family. I"m going."

"Brian, its..a mess. This is not a time when you need to see it."

"I've seen it before! I'm going! This was all Fi had!"

"No," Kate said very softly. "It isn't. She has you,and Kieran, and all of us. None of us fully understand it in the same way she feels it, but she's not alone."

"You can go with me," Robert said, "If you stay right with me and if you follow every order."

"Don't I always obey your orders!" Brian was furious.

"Usually,' Robert agreed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:34 pm

Jess felt Brian's pain and so did Jack he knew what it was like to lose family as he'd lost his whole family to James and his ridiculous notion's. Jack spoke up " I'm coming too " he said and Steven agreed he would go as well. they both hoped they would go even as backup to Robert they both knew Brian would not be at his best once he saw the scene at Fiona's farm. Jess took Jacks hand and smiled at him he smiled back to her " we'll be fine" he said and kissed her gently.

" when we get there I'll check the perimeter you never know some one might be watching the far still to see who comes around " Steven said eating the last of his breakfast and sipping his tea as he looked at them all.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:48 pm

"Then I want people here," Robert said. "Angus, you and Jim are in charge here for now. I'll take Jack and Steven with Brian and me. Kieran will be in charge of Fi, and Michael will take care of Khaat. Jess, make sure you keep Fi under some level of sedation for awhile. I don't want to stop her from grieving, but I do need to protect her for a bit until some of the horror isn't so deep. Whatever Michael believes is in Khaat's best interest, I'd believe it. He'll know. Angus, send Owens with a detail to the market. Double check on supplies more than just the kitchen. When I get done at the farm, I'll go make arrangements for funeral services..."

"I'll do that," Brian insisted, not hearing Kieran coming up behind him. Kieran wrapped his arms around Brian tightly in a secure hug.

"Hey," Kieran said to him to quiet Brian's anguished soul, "It is not your job to take care of us, Bri. It was our job to take care of you. And we failed. Fi and I both know that. We've always known that. I'm the oldest. Those are my decisions to make now. You do what you do best. You investigate. I'll take care of the funerals. I promise."

"You can't afford it like I can," Brian said.

"You and I will split the bill," Robert told Brian. "Let Kieran do this. I need you with me. When you and I finish investigating, I'll send you back to take care of Fi and Kieran can go. If you want me to go with you, Kieran, I'm more than willing to do that."

"I'm gonna kill Gelding!" Brian erupted in rage.

"I know," Kieran said softly to him. "I know. And I believe you will. Just not today. Fi is more important today." Brian didn't respond. "Bri," Kieran said. "Come on. Fi needs you here. Not chasing Tom Gelding. I'll help you get him. She needs you here." Brian got up and shoved away from Kieran and stormed outside. Kieran sighed heavily.

"You wont' reach him now," Kate said softly. She looked at Robert.

"Give him a minute. then I'll go out," Robert said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:05 am

Jess nodded to Robert and smiled " yes I know what to do " she aid finishing her own food. they all looked at Kieran as he spoke to Brian " we'd like to chip in for the funeral costs also , if that's ok, we all want to help " said Steven all around the table nodded " we think of Brian's family as our own too and as much as we want to find the people responsible we want to help" he said jack nodded and so did Jess and cassidy. Jess stood up and took her plate and any that were empty threw to the kitchen.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:18 am

"We appreciate that," Kieran said. "Robert, I haven't ever seen him like this."

"Watch and learn," Robert managed a slight smile. "We have. All things considered, he's doing exceptionally very well. I'll go talk to him. You stay here. Kate, my cigarettes?" Kate tossed Robert a sterling silver cigarette case and Robert got up. Angus put a bottle of firewhiskey on the table and Robert picked it up and went outside. "Give me some time," he told everyone else. He went out to talk with Brian.

"I didn't think he had such a temper," Kieran sighed.

"He doesn't," Kate said. "Its not anger. Its guilt Its inadequacy, Its pain. Its every negative emotion he's kept bottled up and hasn't managed to make peace with. He feels responsible for not keeping this from happening. His job has always been first and foremost to rescue kids...."

"And he feels like he let his own family get killed while he wasn't watching," Kieran sighed, realizing. "Oh, no wonder," he said. "I need to turn this around for him."

"No. You dont. He won't release it, not in its entirety, to anyone but Robert. Let Robert deal with it," Kate said. "Robert will pull him together for now and then he'll take him to Fi's farmhouse." Kieran nodded, and then, feeling helpless, he went to refill his tea mug.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:29 am

Jess looked at Kieran and sighed she felt all the emotions Brian had going on inside him when he moved as if going out to Robert and Brian jack moved to stand in his way. " she's right leave Robert to deal with it " he said Steven nodded " Robert has his way of getting him to open up " he said and sat Kieran down placing a glass of whiskey down in front of him. Steven nodded at jack words.

" it will make you feel better even a little " He said finishing his tea and sitting back as cassidy cleared the table of plates and empty serving dishes.

Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:41 am

Robert spent nearly 30 minutes working to get Brian together. They smoked several cigarettes and had a couple of shots of firewhiskey in order to help Brian just deal. When Robert returned, Brian made a quick trip upstairs to check on Fi and Khaat.

"He's ready to go," Robert told Jack and Steven putting the bottle of firewhisky that he'd taken outside back on the table. "Get your coats. Kieran, keep an eye on Fi. That's the only job you have til we get back." Kieran just nodded and went upstairs.

Khaat had felt Brian's strong surge of emotion and it had awakened her. When he went upstairs, she was working at sitting up on the edge of the bed, against Michael's instincts. Brian went over to her.

"If you wait a minute, I'll go with you," she said to him. He went over to her and knelt in front of her.

"Your dad says this is not for anyone's eyes...." he began gently.

"I'm a freaking healer!" she responded. "I can handle it!"

"Normally, yes. You could," he agreed. "But you cant even get up yet. I want you to stay here. Khaat Fi is here. She's the only one left. You'll be the only healer in earshot of her. Please. For me. Stay with Fi. I wouldn't ask if it werent important.There's not a lot you can do at the farm but you can make a difference here." Too tired to argue, she merely nodded. Michael was relieved. He tucked her back into bed, grateful that Brian had managed to come up with some reason, even if it wasn't entirely accurate, for her to stay behind. Brian left and went back downstairs.

"Let's go," he told Robert.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:48 am

Jess tossed Jack a warm winter coat and smiled " I was saving it for your birthday but though you could use it now " she said as he walked over and kissed her smiling as he slipped it on. Steven slipped on his own and rolled his eyes as the pair of them thinking they were acting like a pair of newly weds.

" come on lover boy " he said and waited for Robert zipping up his own jacket as he spoke. Jack joined him an d they moved to wait out side both not knowing just what to expect to find when they got their they knew it would not be good. Jack took a dose of wolf bane so he could be in control he knew the smell of blood would be strong and he had no intention of losing it, not this day nor ever.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 45 of 100 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 72 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top