Marriage is Murder - Page 13
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 13 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 13 of 100 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 56 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 13 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:22 am

"Robert and I appreciate that," Kate said. "Thank you. Alright. I think the stew is ready. I think we can fill some bowls now."

"I'll do that," Angus said. "Can you lot get all the kids to the table. I'll draw their bowls first so that it cools for them. " He filled bowls for the kids and then prepared trays for Khaat and Robert.

"I'll take the trays," Brian said. He flicked his wand and propelled the trays ahead of him upstairs. He was glad to see her awake. Robert had her washed up and in a comfortable t shirt and a pair of flannel pajama pants and in bed, propped up on pillows. He had even allowed her to wash her hair. He was combing it out for her when Brian came in. "Dinner," he said, setting the trays on the dresser out of the way for now. "Robert, I would stay," he said.

"I know. Go. I've got it. You can stay all you like after the kids are in bed tonight," Robert said. "Your kids need you more."

"He's right," Khaat said. "Brian, I'm sorry I scared you."

"The sad part is that I should have known," Brian sighed. "I did know, in a way."

"It wasn't your fault. It was mine. Entirely. And I got Jack hurt trying to save me."

"He's alright. Jess already took care of it. Its alright. He's just glad you're safe."

"Go enjoy your dinner, Brian. We're fine," Robert said. Brian left so they could eat and went to the playroom and brought Andrew, Abbey and Dakota, while Kieran and Fi were each grabbing two of the babies and Kate was grabbing two more. Brian knew there would be someone come for the last two. They took the downstairs and got them situaed for dinner and put their bowls in front of them.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:30 pm

Jess stood up and walked to the nursery picking up the remaining two babies and carried them to the table placing them in their high chairs. Both giggled and banged the table in front of them hungrily as they smelt Angus stew, little Andrew chuckled and picked up his spoon in readiness to eat. Jack moved from the table and walked up to Khaat and Brian's room .

" hay look Jess did a great job don't blame your self Khaat " he said " I'd do it for any one here " he smiled and headed back down to sit with Jess and the others. He looked at Kate and smiled " yum that smells really good Angus " he said and chuckled.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:35 pm

"It should be," Angus said. "I didn't make it. Kate did." He dished up large portions of the stew and set out a large bowl of salad and some fresh crusty bread. "Brian, Khaat seemed to be feeling a bit better."

"She is," Brian said, feeding Julia. He was almost drowned out by Abbey and Dakota and Andrew singing about noodles, happy to find themselves with bowls of homemade noodles in front of them. Kate just laughed.

"Maybe we should have noodles more often," Kate said.

"Well, they're at the age where its either noodles or hot dogs," Angus said, "and Khaat refuses to feed them many hot dogs. She says they're not healthy, and frankly, I agree with her."

"That's why they think that eating chicken and fish and lean beef is just normal," Brian said.

"It just amazes me how you've taught them to eat fruit and vegetables," Kate said.

"Its not hard when Angus prepares them so well. They just like them. So, Kate, what do you and Robert need?"

"Well, in my opinion, we need a better floor plan for our house than the one we had. We started out with a small farmhouse and whenever we wanted more room, Robert just made one. That's why people got lost so easily in it. But Robert is rather attached to what we have. So, i think the first thing we need is for him and me to come to some sort of a decision on what we really want," she laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:56 pm

Jack chuckled and nodded " ah nice Kate " he said and looked at Abby , Dakota and Andrew smiling " well they love noddles they can eat with there fingers and what child doesn't like to do that " he said chuckling Jess nodded in agreement with Jack. Steven looked up and chuckled at the children and Jack's words he took some food and began to eat along with Cassidy who smiled as she did.

" Kate this is wonderful " she said and placed some of the stew into a bowl for herself and took some crusty bread to go with it.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:06 pm

"I'm glad you like it," Kate said. "Its something I haven't fixed in a long time."

"Yeah but you always knew when Khaat and I needed it," Brian said.

"Its what I fixed when they didn't feel well or when they had reason to feel like life was treating them rough. It was one of their favorites when they needed a bit of soothing," Kate said, "and when you said you were making chicken stew, well, I just dragged that old recipe out again."

"I do want that recipe, Kate," Angus said.

"I'll write it off for you," she promised. By the time they were finishing, Robert had stacked the trays and the dishes and had sent it back downstairs. Kate intercepted the tray, getting up and returning it to the ktichen. She knew exactly which one was his and which one had been Khaats. But, she had done very well all things considered. "She ate better than I thought she would," Kate said. "Shall I serve dessert?"

"Please," Angus said.

Kate made a fresh pot of tea, one of coffee, another pot of espresso, and then served the dark chocolate ice cream with Cassidy's cookies. She sent out a tray with all the hot beverages and with plenty of cups. She filled a cup of tea for Robert and made a cup of espresso for Khaat and put them on a tray with their dessert and sent them upstairs. Then she rejoined the others at the table.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:11 pm

Jack smiled " ah comfort food always goes down well " he said and smiled at Kate " might consider giving Jess that recipe so she can make it at home" be said and saw Jess look at him and smiled a little as she ate. "what its god old fashioned comfort food and Andrew loves it " he said and looked at the empty bowl in front of Andrew now. " see" he said.

Jess chuckled " can't argue with that " she smiled at both of them then looked at Kate " would you let me have it too so hungry jack can have it when he feels the need? " she asked and chuckled again . Cassidy looked at Steven who smiled at her.

" I have a recipe for barbequed beef that was passed to me buy my mother " he said and smiled " the sauce is a family secret " he whispered to her and she chuckled.

" well I know what your making for us" she said
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:26 pm

"So," Angus said, "You make the barbequed beef tomorrow night. I'll make homemade sandwich buns and a very large kettle of cheddar cheese soup made with decent, hearty Irish stout. Cassidy, do you remember that recipe for gingerbread with hot lemon curd sauce I taught you? I think it would be perfect."

"Only if you let me make a huge fruit salad with Khaat's favorite champagne dressing," Kate said.

"I think that sounds like a plan. Unless Steven is afraid we'll figure out his recipe."

"Ten pounds says you can reproduce it," Kate grinned at Angus.

"I'll see you that ten and raise you. Double or nothing, Kate--if you can figure out my recipe for cheddar cheese soup--besides the cheese and the stout."

"Not a problem," Kate said. "You're on. Loser makes fresh cinnamon rolls for breakfast for a month."

"What kind of a bet is that?" he frowned. "I do that now."

"Well, I'll do breakfast for a month, " she said.

"I'll take it," he said, and they shook on it..
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:04 pm

Jack chuckled at the banter " ow I'll have some of that bet" he said and saw Steven sitting watching them as he shook his head at them both.

" ow I'm not scared of that happening" he said and sat back his arms folded across his chest as she grinned at them " and your on Angus if you can guess it I'll make those rolls for a month every morning" he said and cassidy looked at him worried.

"Sure I remember,Steven do you know how to make those?" she asked and he shook his head as he chuckled.

"Nope, but I'm guessing I might learn real fast." He said looking at Kate and Angus.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:23 pm

"Deal," Kate smiled. When dessert was finished, she got up and cleaned up the table and the kitchen while Angus helped Brian with the kids and helped him get them bathed and into bed with a story. It took a couple hours to do that for five kids, but before long, the house was quiet. When they finished and were coming back down the hallway, Brian heard the shower in Robert's room running and he could smell Robert's shower gel. He wasn't sure why Khaat was alone. He went to their room and looked in. She looked comfortable enough and was sleeping, still sitting up against the pillows that Robert had given her. Brian went in silently and checked on her. He felt Robert's pain relief spell working relatively well. Well enough that she could sleep. He felt a slight draft from the window and drew up the covers. He felt relief. It could surely have been worse today. He saw Max and Mo come in from the nursery and jumped up on the bed and curled up tight to her leg. He left, drawing the door shut all but a few inches.

"Everything alright?" Angus asked.

"Yeah. I'm just jumpy, I guess."

"You have every right. But Roberts only a few feet away. Come on. Let's go open a bottle of good wine and I'll make a sangria. Everyone should enjoy that." Brian followed Angus downstairs. Angus took a bottle of a sweet red wine and tossed in some club soda for fizz and lots of sliced fruit. Then he poured it over ice.

"How about a special treat?" Angus asked everyone, putting the glasses on a tray and serving them.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:38 pm

Jess walked back from the nursery past Khaats door she stopped and looked in smiling as she saw she was sleeping. she knew it was good for her to sleep as it would help her heal. Moving away she headed down to the living room to see Angus with a jug of sangria. " wow sangria not had that in along time " she said and moved to sit with Jack as he pored a glass for every one and handed them out.

" well cheers " He said and sat with Jess one arm around her as he drank his sangria.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 100 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 56 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top