Marriage is Murder - Page 56
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 56 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 56 of 100 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 78 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 56 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:18 am

Khaat was far more concerned for Brian in this whole thing. He wasn't showing much emotion, and she knew he was trying not to continue to blame himself. He was trying to correct it in his own head. She picked up roses for herself and Brian for each of the caskets and offered him half of them. He hesitated for a moment. She kept hold of his hand and walked forward to the casket of Fi's husband. Brian finally followed and as she was getting ready to toss the first rose, he reached for it from her. She handed it to him and tossed a different rose. He paused briefly out of respect and tossed the rose in his hand. They moved slowly down the row and repeated it for each of the kids. Brian had held together well, and so had Kieran and Fi, during the viewing and the service. It felt harder now.

When they all had bid their goodbyes, Robert turned to Angus and nodded. Angus mentioned quietly for them to return home when they wanted. He avoided telling the Quinn kids but told the others. Jeffrey and Sarah took the cues and allowed Fi and Kieran to remain a moment. Khaat looked at Brian, who was basically numb emotionally.

"Let's go," she said almost inaudibly to him. He merely nodded slightly. As the others ported out, she ported him home. She knew the cues. Robert and Angus were to remain behind while Robert was silent ordering the others to return home and make sure the house was secure and to take care of the living while Robert and Angus continued caring for the departed until it was all finished.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:36 am

Jack , Jess , Steven, Cassidy and jim ported back to the cottage and sat quiet Jim sat with his book as jack and jess took of their coats hanging them up next to each others. Steven went to check the perimiter while cassidy headed to the kitchen to make a fresh pot of coffee for every ones return home they knew it would be cold and some thing hot was just the thing to warm up with. Cassidy brought out some home made busicits and set them on a low coffee table ready and waiting it was quiet in the cottage
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:45 am

"Don't spoil your lunch," Lizzie chided from the kitchen. "Its ready. I'm just waiting on you all to get back."

Khaat got up and went into the kitchen. Lizzie gave her a hug and spoke to her very quietly for a moment. Khaat just nodded. She offered to help Lizzie serve, but Lizzie refused her help. Within minutes, Lizzie had arranged a large buffet for them on a long table. The dishes were ready. It merely took Lizzie's arranging them on the table. Khaat was pleased with the wide variety of foods Lizzie had selected. There seemed to be something for everyone.

By the time Lizzie finished setting out the buffet, Robert and Angus arrived back home. They took off their coats and Robert looked at them all.

"I want you all to come and eat something," he said with a quiet, almost parental firmness. It was a tone that he only used if he meant business but was doing it with affection. It was a tone people rarely argued with. Khaat deliberately shoved Brian back into his leadership spot by forcing him to go to the buffet line with her and to actually go ahead of her and get it started. He seemed to see the importance in it and did as Robert had ordered.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:06 am

Jack took a plate for cassidy and followed Brian in the line for the buffet with Steven and Jim all took some food and moved to the table sitting they ate quietly Jim sat last and ate he could feel the tension in the room and sighed rolling his eyes as he took out his book to read " so everything done Robert ?" he asked softly his tone as sympathetic as he could make it considering the circumstances and time of day. He looked at Khaat and sighed he felt she had to be feeling the pull of exaustion but also knew Brian would be topping her up with his energies he looekd at Jess who noded and moved behind her placing ehr hand on Khaat back lightly she let some of her energy slip to her.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:12 am

"Yes," Robert answered Jim quietly, watching Kieran make sure that Fi ate. "I believe so. The rest of it is mine to do. Jeffrey said to me that Fi has asked to leave right after the meal. I'm fine with that. This is very uncomfortable for her. My guess is that Kieran may either go along to be sure she's okay or he'll want to be sure that Brian is alright. Once he gets that figured out he will probably go back to Colorado. But in all truth the only one that will bring him around is going to be me, and we all know that. Kieran is working on is relationsihp with Brian, but its not where it needs to be. I'm the one that has the connection with him. I'll work it out with him, but it isn't going to be easy for him. Sometimes all I need to do is to work him out in the gym a bit. We'll see."

Khaat felt Jess's donation of energy. She just gave her a smile, grateful. She wasn't going to show even the slightest bit of fatigue while Brian needed her. It just wasn't happening. Not today. Just after they were finishing the main meal, between that and dessert, Kate passed a round of Robert's almond tea to everyone. She was specific on which mug she gave to Khaat. Khaat could smell the faint aroma of her father's energy potion in it. She figured her father had asked her mother to slip it to her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:29 pm

Jess smiled back and moved to place her plate in the sink returning with a cup of Roberts tea sitting at the table she lent on Jack who also tried the tea finding he liked it. Jim had listened to Robert and nodded " thats ok with me , what about you guys?" he asked and sw them nod.

" yeah its ok with Jess and I " Jack said Jess just smiled as she finished her tea. Steven looked up and nodded as cassidy spoke " we'll make sure nothing get left behind here and that the area's secure " she said loking at Steven who nodded he agreed.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:27 pm

When the meal was over, Fi again told Jeffrey she was sure she wanted to go. He went up and got her bags and his and Sarah's. Kieran wanted to go with her and FI stopped him. She insisted she had to do this for herself. Kieran sighed and siimply allowed it and made her promise that if she needed anything that she would contact him or Brian. Kieran and Brian knew, even as Fi was nodding, that she wasn't going to contact anyone. Jeffrey reassured them all that she would be fine. They put their coats on and apparated out.

Kieran took Brian out on a long walk, just the two of them after Fi left, and when they came back, Kieran went upstairs and said his goodbyes and ported back to Colorado.

"I think we're done here," Brian announced.

"Indeed we are," Robert said. "Would you like to stay until morning, since the day is going to be over soon now anyway? Or do you want to go home?"

"No later than in the morning," Brian said. "I miss my kids. I miss having the chaos at the breakfast table."

"I can go tonight and get the house ready for you tomorrow if you lot can reheat leftovers from lunch for dinner tonight," Angus said. "You could all come for home for breakfast if you like."

"I'd really like that," Brian said.

"And we can manage warming leftovers," Kate said.

"I'll send Owens to clean up and bring back what we leave," Robert said. "I guess if there are any of you that want to go back with Angus tonight and help him get the house ready you can do that or you can stay. Its your choice."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:36 pm

Jim stood up and handed Jack the book he'd been reading, The history of werewolves. He handed it to Jack and left to pack his things. Jack looked down at the book and sat down to read " we'll stay till the morning " he said as he turned a page and read a quote, " I did not know, for a very long time, the identity of the werewolf who had attacked me; I even felt pity for him, thinking that he had had no control, knowing by then how it felt to transform."
by Remus Lupin. He looked at Robert and continued to read , though he'd read it once in school he didn't know how true the words with in were till now.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:41 pm

Khaat asked Brian if he wanted to simply go outside with her.

"No thanks," he said quietly. "I appreciate it, but I really just need to get busy doing something."

"Then come run with me."

"And how the hell can you run?" he nearly exploded at her.

"She can't," Robert said firmly, "but I can. Get your running shoes on. Now. We're going. I'll be back downstairs in 2 minutes. You be ready to go. That's an order." Robert went upstairs to change. Brian stormed upstairs. Khaat sighed heavily. Now that Kieran and Fi were gone, he didn't have to pretend anymore. Now they were going to see it full blown.

Her mother went over to her and rested her hand on her shoulder. "Let it go, Khaat," Kate said. "Its just who he is. You know this is how he deals with grief. Let yoru father do this with him. It will be alright."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:21 pm

Jack looked at Jess and shrugged and sat with Jack cassidy was some what confused at Brian's actions she had never seeing him this upset before but understood why she sat with Steven who offered her a cookie and she ate it. Soon she decided to change into something a bit more comfortable while Steven headed out to check the perimeter. Jess moved upstairs also to change into a more comfortable slacks and a tee shirt with her slippers. Steven moved out side and moved around the side of the cottage then down to the tree line finding nothing but melting snow he walked back up .
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Page 56 of 100 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 78 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top