Marriage is Murder - Page 78
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 78 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 78 of 100 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 89 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 78 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:59 pm

"You all clearly missed it yesterday. The first thing out of your mouths when they came back to announce that Grindelwald was run out of town was how much you'd have rather been there fighting him than here protecting their kids and your own. I dont' know how the hell you expected them to feel, but Brian is feeling betrayed as an employer--like he should look at replacing you with someone who actually wants the job and sees that it isn't being a nanny at all. Its keeping what the Lupins value as being the most valuable thing in the universe--the lives of children.

"What sort of lot are you, really? You aligned with the organization because it rescues and protects children. You told Brian you'd give your lives for children. And then when push comes to shove, you'd rather be off looking for a bloody piece of action with some old resurrected fossil than protecting the Lupin children or even your own. How the hell did you expect Brian to feel? He feels like he chose the wrong bunch for the job. That's how he feels. And he and Khaat both feel like they don't know you at all as their friends. They believed their friends shared their commitment to the lives of children. But all you showed them was that the adrenalin rush that comes with battle is more important than not only your children but also your own.

"So, you demanded action. You wanted to duel. And that's exactly what Robert is giving you. You wanted to see what you were made of. Well, you're about to find out. If you think you're ready to go up against the most powerful wizard in the world, then I would surely think that a week in training would be as easy as rolling off a log for you. But no. You all look like Robert condemned you to a death sentence. Like he's going to actually make you walk through the gateway in the Ministry death chamber to the other side of the veil. Dear God. What the hell is he supposed to do to please you?

"You all are getting the action you demanded and with full pay. Its a good thing you work for him and not for me. I'd have fired the lot of you yesterday. There is no woman in my life more important that my goddaughter. And God help the man who hurts her. I made a commitment to Robert and Kate well before Khaat was ever born. I would never, ever choose fighting a wizard simply because its a great load of fun over protecting my family. If the Lupins really are your family, get your head out of your buttocks and start acting like it. And I'll tell you one more thing. If you so much as even think about hurting her or leaving her vulerable for some sort of attack, I'll take the job over myself. And I'll deal with you later. And Jim can certainly tell you that you do not want to make me angry. Not ever."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:26 am

Jim stood and nodded " that I would agree with " he said looking at them all. Jack stood up and looked at Michael then the others and back.

" Michael, we would never put any child especially Khaat and Brian's in jeopardy and yes we have been...moping a lot only because we all wonder if he will be back or attack Robert again we do think of them as our own for god sake he mad me stay human after all I ow him my life and that of my kids too " he said and looked at both of them " so if going on this training exercise will prove to every one were still as determined to keep Brian , khaat and the kids safe then so be it " he said folding his arms across his chest Jess stood with him as did Steven and cassidy all nodding.

"We're still strong as a group and we would fight or not, what ever Robert wanted us to do, for the protection of his, our and any one elses kids." Steven said
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:46 am

Michael watched them stand and look at him in defiance. He wasn't impressed. He wasn't moved by their standing to their feet. It was still words. Regardless if they said them standing up or sitting down. It was still all words. The fact remained that in the end of it, they had resented that they had had to stay behind to guard the kids rather than to go battle Grindelwald. And that was what had made Khaat and Brian withdraw from them.

"Sit down, you lot," Robert sighed, coming in, with Kate right behind him. He was quiet and all business. He was stonefaced and unemotional. And he was glad Brian and Khaat had gone on ahead. "And stand down. Every single one of you. Honest to God, can I not leave you all long enough for a few hours sleep? I evidently missed a few things, but I do think I heard enough. Furthermore, when I closed my eyes, I was still the Captain of this organization. Or was I overthrown during the night from that too?" When he got no response from the silenced group, he sighed tiredly. "This is business. Nothing more. I expect you to go. Today. As scheduled. No more discussion."

He looked at Michael. "This house is too big to secure just for three people. I will find us different housing for the week. We do not need this house for right now. Be prepared to move us at a moments notice when I find us a safehouse to use temporarily."

"You're going to move Khaat and Brian out of their home again?" Michael sighed.

"I have no choice," Robert sighed, rubbing his temples. "Everybody else has been uprooted. Why should they be the exception?" He paused for a moment, thinking. Then he sighed heavily. "Damn." He went back upstairs, saying nothing.

Michael knew this too well. This was Robert's way of dealing with stress, being overwhelmed, usually sleep deprived, and often, either angry or deeply saddened. And he rarely showed which. It was just Robert's way. Kate said nothing at all. She simply stared into her tea in total silence.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:38 am

Jack and stood listening along with the others when Robert left he looked at Michael then walked off to find Robert. Knocking on the door he spoke softly "Can I come in?" he asked he had to set this all straight as to him it was not doing any one any favors every one being this way. When he didn't feel anything was wrong, they were going on this training session, no questions asked as usual. Standing with his back straight so he was at his full height, he spoke calmly and softly, no anger or frustration in his voice at all, in fact it was mostly confusion as to what was going on.

"I don't know whats going on here, but we're not questioning you in the least, nor have we ever done that" he said looking at him " and we're never going to, your the boss, head of the organization and this family, hell I'd go so far as to say your like second father to us all." He gave an audible sigh and rubbed his head slowly. " We have stood at your side with Gelding, Grinwald and James and will continue to do so" he looked at Robert before continuing. " I guess what it is, is that were confused, we don't understand why, after going threw all that ,you still don't trust the ability's and training we have, which we got from yourself and Brian, but are sending your first crew away, all at once, Jess is a healer not a fighter, she chose to go, even though it goes against her mind set, we don't want you separate from us, this is yours Brian, Khaat and Kate's home, and its the safes place for you to be." He paused looking at him ,now waiting. He knew and had a feeling Robert would ether blow up at him, for speaking his mind but it was not just him, it was all the others he was speaking for too.

Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:32 am

Robert was sitting on the bed, rooting in one of his bags when Jack came in.

"Jack," he said, unable to be any more frustrated than he was. "What the hell are you trying to do? Your body language, all of you standing up to face Michael rather than to meet him on the same level--thats intimidation for the sake of it. Meeting someone on the same level is friendship. Standing above someone is trying to overpower someone. I dont get impressed by that. Neither does anyone else in my family, so knock it off. The more you all try that, the more I see nothing but utter disrespect in that behavior. And you're doing the same thing now. Doing your best to make yourself appear at as tall as you can be. You dont' intimidate me. In fact, it makes me lose respect for you to think that you all believe you have to intimate me into getting your own way rather than just talking to me.

'Tell me of one company that all you ever need to do is your initial training when you first join and never have to add to your knowledge and skills. You show me that company and I'll show you employees that never get a chance to develop or advance. Where the hell did you ever get the insane idea that I don't trust your skills. This is about adding to it. This has never ever been about anybody thinking you didn't have any skills. It was designed to take you to the next level. but evidently none of you have another level to advance to. Evidently, you all must be the best aurors on the face of the planet because you dont need anything more I have to offer. And that's just brilliant. You think you all know it all? FIne. But you know? I don't give a damn anymore. I don't know where this rebellion is coming from. You've never just utterly rejected my guidance. I've told you my reasons, and you don't trust me or my judgements about my own company anymore. So be it. I am tired of all of this. I refuse to go around with you anymore.

"Jess says shes just a healer but she also wants to function as a fighter. What she says and what she does are two different thiings. I treat her like a fighter because she responds as a fighter. And if she is going to respond that way, she needs training. Cassidy has said she doesnt want to be an auror, but thats how she largely tries to respond. She can use to improve her training, just like all of you can use it But evidently you don't see that. You must believe you are at the very top of your game. If Jess wants to be just a healer, then I will limit her duties to that and absolutely nothing more. I will not let her work in something she will not train for. Not for me. anyway.

'i'm done trying to help you all. Sod it. Every bit of it. If you believe you're all at the top of your game then, damnit, so be it. I honestly do have more on my plate than the four of you. I pray your training is so sharp that you never ever make a mistake for the rest of your life. But if you'd all rather be going off and chasing world class evil wizards, then by all means do so. I wish you luck with that. And if you honestly believe that you're each capable of taking care of whatever bodyguard assignment I give you with very little or no backup, and that you're so skilled and at the top of your game then so be it. But I have never thought that daily exercise replaces the need to continue learning. I don 't understand why you all thinks its a slap in the face, but I'm tired, and I'm late for work.

"You all do what you bloody well want to do. I don't freaking have the time to spend trying to make you feel less insecure about being gone for just a few days to improve yourselves. I do honestly have to go to work." He took one of the potions bottles out of his bag and put it into his coat pocket.

"Handle it yourselves. But decide who you want to work for and then give me some sort of answer. It does not sound like you want to work for me. It sounds like you dont want to accept any authority but your own. I give your orders and you refuse to follow them. Perhaps its time for you to be self employed. That way you can make all your own decisions. But I'm out of time. I'm late for work. I'm done discussing this," he said. "You will have to excuse me." He stood up and flicked his wand and apparated away.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:53 pm

Jack stood listening he could not get a word in edgeways and the more he listened the more angry he became it was not about whether he was sharp in his skills far from it he knew he needed to sharpen them but Robert had not even giving him the chance to say one word before he left the room. Jack balled his hand and turned to walk out of the room slamming his fist against the door frame as he left walking back to the living room and out into the morning air. Jim shook his head as he watched.

"Rest of you get ready, now, and go to Colorado, that's an order, any one who doesn't want to train , DON'T COME BACK HERE!! " he said and stormed out and walked over to Jack. Puling Jack's arm he made jack look at him as deep anger sounded in his voice as he spoke. " I don't pertain to like you, never have, your a were and I don't like were but if you think you can take on Robert, you got to get threw me Jackie boy." he said just as Jack swung at him for calling him a were. Jim ducked as he grabbed Jack's arm twisting it and pushing Jack down so he lay face down on the grass on his front with Jim's knee pressed hard into Jacks back as he knelt down on top of him. " Jack I would suggest you go and work this out in training, but I'll tell you as I told the others, if you don't work this out, your out quicker than a flash just as Robert already told you, but remember this..." he lent closer " you touch any of the lupins while I'm here and it will be my pleasure to rip you apart myself." He whispered making a point in letting him know he held no love for Jack. Making jack look at him, the look alone in Jim's eyes made him nod. Jim let him go and stood back, his wand twitching as he watched Jack aperate out.

Jim moved back to the house and looked at Michael "Damn, didn't think that was going to work, glad it did, he so needed taking down a peg or two. " He said to him " can't say I enjoy doing that, ok I'm off to Colorado" he said and waved as he aperated out. Reappearing he looked around every one stood around Jim on the other hand stepped one step towards Jack who stepped back. Jim looked for the others " ok each one find a room , its early yet" he said " But don't slack off once done come back here" he moved to a table and picked up a cup of coffee hoping Lee had noticed they were there. " HAY LEE YOU AROUND GOT SOME ROOKIES FOR YA!!" he shouted as he took a sip of his coffee.

((word count : 501 ))
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:46 pm

Lee went down the large main staircase of the house, with two of his men following. Each was carrying some large hiker's backpacks. Lee had his own and he was dressed in winter gear.

"So," he said, "I hear some of you think you're all that. Well, then this should be easy for you. Here." He waved his hand at the men and they tossed the backpacks to them. One to each one of them. "Oh and before I forget,..." He cast a spell on them and bound all their magic. "You will find you cannot cast the simplest spell. If you think you're God's gift to the Lupins, then lets find out. Your first task should be simple. You have in these backpacks a sleeping bag, cooking equipment, a swiss army knife, a hatchet, a muggle lighter, and a supply of fresh drinking water. Nothing more. You may wear winter clothes. Nothing in your pockets. Your task is to survive 2 nights on the grounds. You must keep warm, find your own food and hopefully not poison yourselves, protect yourselves from wildlife, not freeze to death, and show up for breakfast on time the morning after. Should be a piece of cake, right? Let me just tell you one thing." He accio'd Robert's training manual from a table. And then he promptly set it on fire. "Thats what I think of Robert's agenda for this. You're on my time now. You have two minutes to go to your rooms and put on appropriate winter clothes. And yes, we will check you to be sure that you take nothing more along. The only magical item you will be allowed is Jacks' bottle of wolfsbane so he doesn't murder the rest of you. I'd get moving to change if I were you. The clock starts...now." He checked the clock.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:41 am

Jim picked up his bag and slung it over his shoulder it felt heavy but nothing he was not use to he watched the other and smirked at Jack as moved to a room and changed reemerging soon after all in winter clothing his boots were strong sturdy hiking boots and his coat a warm winter one with a hood. he placed his back pack over his back and headed to the door and out side he could see the path they needed to take and waited for the women who soon arrived Jim moved down to the path and walked slowly on to it. As he walked he kept looking back at the others hoping they would catch up. " Come on slow pokes get a move on!! " he shouted as once again he waited for them all grumbling " ow quite the wining and make a move " he let the woman go first , Jess was loving the out doors she was looking around at the birds and the trail ahead seeing it twist and wind as they walked.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:09 am

Kate went upstairs and borrowed Khaat and Brian's room and changed. She knew how to dress for subzero temperatures. And it didn't bother her a bit that she didn't have magic. She layered her clothing to deal with the bitter winter cold and then went back downstairs. She saw Angus go to shoulder not only his own pack but hers too and she beat him to it and slung it up on her own shoulder like it was no trouble at all.

"Thanks, but I can manage," she told him, heading out the door. She saw Lee dressed to go, his own pack slung on his shoulder. Angus walked with Kate, and Lee brought up the rear of the last of the 'recruits.' As they walked the trail, Angus looked at Kate.

"Why did you do this?" he asked her. "You didn't need to do this. You're not a bodyguard. You're the wife of the Minister of Magic. Why, Kate?"

"I asked to come. I wanted to come. Angus, I can't stand by and watch them break the hearts of my husband, my daughter, my son...if they think we're such a pushover, then I plan on showing them I'm not just another grayhaired grandma. I can do this in my sleep. Its not a problem. If nothing else, my own rage will carry me through. Not an issue."

"I think I understand," he said.

"I know you do," she said. They hiked over an hour up a hill to a rise to a clearing. This was one of Brian's favorite spots. The clearing was surrounded by woods on three sides--deep thick woods, with a lot of wild vines and undergrowth. And on the fourth side was rock. A cliff face.

"You're stopping here?" Lee asked.

"I am," Kate said.

"And I'll stay with you," Angus said. Kate unshouldered her pack on the ground and got out the hatchet. Angus and Lee did the same.

"Are you all staying together?" Lee asked.

"That's their choice, I suppose. They're welcome. But this gives us the best chance of making it for two nights," Kate said.

"I would agree with you," Lee said.

"Can you get firewood?" she asked Lee.

"Yep," was his only reply. He took his hatchet and headed off.

"Angus, the vines? Get as many as you can," Kate said. She headed off and started cuting down saplings with her hatchet, grateful for the opportunity to work off some of her anger at the people she had entrusted her daughter and grandchildren to. She needed to work. She wanted to do this.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:35 pm

Jim watched Kate and lee gathering things for a shelter he opened his back pack that he'd placed down on the ground and took out a waterproof sheet seeing a slow branch he slung it over and pushed sticks threw it to hold it down along with large stones soon he placed his back pack on some rope and hung that up high in a tree, just in case bears were around and wanted his food. leaving he gathered dry wood and placed the rocks he had spare into a circle he saw Jess copying and nodded to her that she was doing it right though he saw cassidy struggling with her shelter , Steven placed down his bundle of logs and helped her to set up make shift shelter as both worked together. Jim moved over to Kate " seems some of them can work out in the wilderness " he said to her moving a stone in her fire to close the circle.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 78 of 100 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 89 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top