Marriage is Murder - Page 25
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 25 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 25 of 100 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 62 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 25 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Cassidy Walker Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:19 am

Jess helped jack find a pair of shoes and saw some for herself buying them she took Jacks hand in her own and walked out side she looked at Brian stood smoking and sighed she felt his tension and would be happy when he could see Khaat walking on her own and the service. " Angus Brian we're done " she said showing them their packages. " Cassidy had watched Steven chose his suit and smiled at his chioce not that she ever had any problem with that he wore or didn't for that matter walking out she smiled then stopped.

" wow Brian didn't know you smoked " she said Steven nodded" guess it could be worse , you could be a drinker " she said placing her packages in the back of the SUV.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:35 am

"You say that like you just discovered I escaped from Azkaban and didn't tell you," he said. "I do enjoy a glass of firewhiskey from time to time, but I presumed you knew that. And its not like I smoke any sort of illegal substances or like I smoke a carton a day."

"Easy, Mate," Angus said. "They're just not used to it. They haven't ever seen you smoke."

"I'll put it out," he said, dropping the cigarette on the asphalt and crushed it underfoot. "Are we ready to head home?"

"I think so," Angus said, motioning the others into the car. He let Brian drive home. When they got back, he told Brian quietly. "Go take a walk. I've got this."

"Thank you," he said, handing the keys to Angus. He simply walked off to the beach.

"He's alright," Angus told them. "He just needs a couple of minutes. He'll be back. You have no idea how much he hates Khaat in black even when she's healthy. Didn't you ever wonder why the only black clothes she ever wears is mission wear? Its because of how badly he hates it on her. And when she looks so sick, all it does is magnify that sickly look and he hates it--with a passion. And the threat of her going to that funeral tomorow in a wheelchair makes him truly angry. Give him a minute and he'll deal with it. Kate, you'll show Khaat what Brian picked out?"

"Oh, absolutely," Kate said. "And Angus is right. Brian just needs to work it out for himself. If he wasn't alright, Robert and I would know."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:42 am

Cassidy felt bad when he put out the cigarette after he left she looked at Angus " I didn't mean anything buy it " she said watching Brian walk down the beach and she sighed " I had noticed that and nobody likes wearing black unless your working " she said and looked at Jess who nodded " I hope your right , Kate and Jess both told him they would do there best for her " she said and took her packages to the bed room and unpacked them hanging the dresses and suit in the wardrobe. Jess sighed and picked up her own looking at Kate.

" I'll be happy when we're back here and can relax again"she said picking up half the packages leaving Jack with the rest a she walked into her room leaving a rather confused Jack looking at Kate.

"ow boy" he said and picked up the last few packages " this will be fun" he looked at her and walked to the bed room reemerging several moments later.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:57 am

"It wasn't you, Cassidy," Kate said. "Its Brian's own stuff he needs to work out. I'll have Robert talk to him. He'll be fine. He'll probably be fine when he comes back in a few minutes. I know it doesn't look like it, but he really is trying."

Khaat overheard her mother's remark when they went inside. "Don't tell me. Brian is stressing."

"A wee bit," Kate said. "He's out taking a walk and probably smoking a cigarette."

"Oh. Is that all?" Khaat asked. She looked at the rest of them. "He's fine. He's dealing with old memories that still are painful and a bit frightening for him. He'll reel it in. That's most likely what he's doing now."

"I'll talk to him," Robert said.

"You'd help more by making Khaat a fresh batch of glamour potions and products," Kate said.

"Well that's easily done," Robert said. "I can use the base for yours and add the proper color tone for her and its done. That's a five minute job."

"Magical makeup?" Khaat scowled.

"Yes. Your sloppy muggle warpaint isn't going to do anything," Robert said. "Do us all a favor and use the right stuff tomorrow at least."

"Can't I just use a glamour spell?" she groaned.

"You can, but can we do this right for once, please?" he asked. She rolled her eyes at him. "I don't understand why you don't like magical makeup."

"For one, it smells like witch hazel. And second, it makes me itch."

"The witch hazel herb is the base," he said.

"It upsets my stomach."

"Well, why didn't you say so? You're allergic to the witch hazel. I could have fixed that years ago."

"You'll need a new base, then," Kate told him.

"That's not more than a 30 minute job. We can manage if I have some help in the lab," he said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:06 pm

Some time later Jess walked out having put away all the things they had bought and headed for the kitchen to grab some tea she saw Khaat and walked over placing her hand on her shoulder she let some of her energy slip into Khaat hoping little by little she could boost her energy so she would be able to walk down with Brian on her arm for the memorial service. " your getting better Khaat you have a bit more energy today" she said smiling as he sat down. Cassidy walked out of the bedroom and smiled.

"Is that one of Roberts brews , smells wonderful " she said heading to grab a cup for her own then walked back with a satisfied smile on her face as she sipped the tea inside the cup she held.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:20 pm

"I hope so, Jess," Khaat said. She saw her father stand and apparate. She could still feel him in the house. Her best guess was that he had gone down to the potions lab to work on the potions he wanted for her. She watched Brian come back in. He looked a bit more resolved now. He had settled it in his own mind. He caught her looking at him, and he sighed and walked over to her.

"So?" she asked.

"So..." he looked back at her.

"Brian," she said, "its not so bad if I can't do this on my feet tomorrow. Its more important that I do it at all. And, so you know, I'd never trade that opportunity for one last encounter with Remus. Its alright. I don't know exactly what you're letting it symbolize for you, but all it says to me is that we all worked together as a family--with relatively small numbers to defeat a dark arts follower who has almost as many people with him as we have. And we stood our ground. There is no fault in that. Look at how skilled Lee's men were, and none of them survived. We survived without injury. That's something to be proud of."

"Maybe you're right," he sighed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:41 pm

Jess placed down her cup and stood up " she is right Brian " she said moving to stand with her and looking at him " both Robert and I are doing all we can for Khaat and if Robert says she will be on her feet I believe he means it " she said cassidy walked over to placing her hand on his shoulder.

" stop fussing and just be happy she is alive and with you to hold " she said and saw jack walk out of the bed room " every one sleeping?" she asked knowing they needed to be if they were to be fresh the next day and the memorial service.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:01 am

"They're right," Khaat told Brian. "And besides, if you really loved me, you'd be sitting with me to give me someone to curl up around."

"Oh, I would, would I?" he managed a smile. He sat down with her and wrapped her into his arms against his chest. She reached into his shirt pocket and took the cigarettes out.

"They stink," she said. She looked at the rest of them. "Would you polease ask Angus to hide them? Don't pitch them but if he really wants to smoke, I'll get some Italian ones from Michael. Apparently, Americans have some pretty rank smelling cigarettes. These smell like old barn straw. Michael's cigarettes smell like good brandy. I enjoy that smell. These are just dirty and nasty."

"They tasted like old barn straw too," Brian said.

"Then, can we pitch them?" she asked.

"If Michael sends some."

"And you'll contact him when?" Brian asked.

"Help me out to the firepit and I will," she said. He never got up. He just flicked his wrist and apparated them out to beside the pool to the foot end of one of the lounge chairs near the firepit. Khaat borrowed Brian's wand and created a flame in the firepit. She cast a spell that opened a link in the flames and called to Michael. Once and then a second time.

"Do you know what time it is here?" Michael's groggy voice asked.

"2 am," she said.

"This better be important," he said.

"Only if I am important," she said, deliberately manipulating him.

"Not fair, Child. What's on your mind?"

"Would you, please, send us a supply of decent cigarettes?" she pleaded politely.

"Cigarettes? That's it? What's the catch?"

"No catch. Just cigarettes. For Brian."

"He's back to smoking? What's wrong?"

"Daddy sent you an owl with the details. It should be there by sunrise."

"Alright. Cigarettes in 2 hours, at the usual drop off point."

"You know I love you, right?" she smiled.

"You know you're the only person who wins me over with sweet talk," he laughed.

"You're coming for Christmas?"

"Certainly!"

"Nobody makes Christmas pudding like you do."

"You still want me to make it?"

"Please?"

"Just for you. Alright. I'll see you in a couple of weeks."

"Thank you,"

"Anytime, Sweetheart." The flame flashed up for an instant and then he was gone.

"There. Your cigarettes are on the way. All Angus needs to do is pick them up," she said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:17 am

Jess smiled seeing and feeling Brian finally relax a little she shook her head as they aperated out side knowing the fresh air would do her some good she looked at Cassidy and chuckled " I wish he'd relax a little will do them both some good " she said and sat back down in her chair . Steven returned from patrol and smiled.

"Ah that's a sight I like to see " he said and chuckled at Michael's words to Khaat and moved to stand some way from them giving them some privacy. On hearing the words cigarettes he stepped forward " I'll get them Angus is busy and I just finished a patrol jack can take the next " he said looking at them " besides I have to pick up a special wedding gift " he said.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:26 am

"Thank you," Khaat said. "Besides, I have something for him..." she patted Brian's chest," to do in the meantime."

"You do?" he frowned.

"I do," she kissed his cheek.

"I'm being set up. I just know it," he said.

"Just slightly," she said. "Not too badly." Brian looked at Steven.

"I don't know why, but I have a feeling I might regret this," Brian said. She whispered very, very softly in his ear. A look of understanding came over his face. "It seems I'm going on an errand, but in an entirely different direction."

"Go now," she told him.

"Wouldn't you like me to take you back inside first?"

"No, not particularly," she said. "I like it out here."

"Very well, then. I guess I"m leaving," he said, standing and apparating out. She smiled, satisfied.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 100 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 62 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top