Lost in thought - Page 5
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lost in thought - Page 5 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lost in thought

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lost in thought - Page 5 Empty Re: Lost in thought

Post by Risé Lehmberg Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:15 am

Rise stared at him for a long moment. "He's not lying to me Andrew.." She said with a glare, her body tensing again. "I know when people are lying to me.. why would he? What would he gain by befriending someone like me? Nothing but ridicule from his friends, his family probably.. and yet he still talks to me.. he still likes me! There is nothing to gain from that... so why would he lie?" she stared at him for a long moment, before she looked back at the forest. "You have no need to worry Andrew, I'm perfectly fine, he won't backstab me, I promise.." She said smiling at him. "He's not like other Slytherins okay? Nothing like them! He has nothing to gain by being with me.. and It's not like I can give him anything he wants.. I mean.. I'm a werewolf, people would just run in fright of me... so I don't see what you're so worried about." She said with a smirk before she flicked her hair over her shoulder and stared at the woods again. "I like the nighttime... I don't know why.. but I do... makes me feel calm.."
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Number of posts : 313

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:20 am

Andrew looked down at the ground, wondering if she was just being naive or truthful. He still didn't trust any Slytherin he met. He tolerated them, but he'd never trust one with his life. Maybe he was just profiling them by what their house stands for. Probably not. A slight breeze rolled by again, this one being slightly heavier than the last couple of ones. Andrew's arm began to chill a little, seeing as how fall was just cruel to humans without some jacket. Now Andrew felt a little uneasy about her saying nighttime was the best. It wasn't because she wasn't a werewolf, he just had no idea what type of moon was out tonight. So it worried him a little, but he decided to not bring it up. "Yeah," he said to her "but I like it due to the nightlife. I live in New York, so I want to visit all the nightclubs and stuff."
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:27 am

Rise felt her eyes moving to him after she announced that she liked the nighttime. He was looking at her, and she knew what he was thinking. What was the moon like tonight? Was there any reason she was out there? Was she waiting for night to go run into the forest? Actually no... but she knew that's what he was thinking, and she could feel her heart grow heavy. He was afraid of her.... even Ryo had been able to watch her transformation.. and sure he had felt fear.. but she had obviously shone she was prepared to fight for a friend.

Ryo...

How long had it been since she had seen him last? How come he never spoke to her anymore? She kinda missed him. Like.. a lot. But with Kendall taking up all her thoughts... it wasn't exactly surprising that she had forgotten about him. Rise turned and looked at Andrew and frowned. "I take the potion.. in case you were wondering.. I keep my mind when I transform... "She bit on her lower lip and sighed. "And it's not the full moon yet.. next week... I'll start taking my potion tomorrow in preparation.. and be myself on the full moon.. no harm to anyone.." She said frowning.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:33 am

Andrew felt bad that she was able to see what he was thinking. He usually was good at hiding that stuff, but he figured it must've been obvious. "I apologize," he said, trying to take back what he didn't say "I didn't mean to look at it like that. I was mainly...curious." Great, now he went and probably upset her. He looked at her, trying to show that he was apologetic and hopefully she got the message. He sighed and looked down towards the grass, seeing his white sweatshirt which he had taken off. He grabbed it and began to put it on, noticing that the sweatshirt had dried up a little. He didn't zip it up however. "When did it get so freaking cold out..." he muttered to himself, yet it was loud enough to where she could hear it.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:08 am

Rise stared at him for a moment before she sighed and shrugged. "I'm used to it.." she said softly, staring out at the forest. "People ask more these days then before.. because they are afraid to be outside when I leave.. I try to leave without anyone noticing.. but there are always those people.. the people who notice.. and whisper, and soon everyone knows that the werewolves are out again, and not to go outside..." She felt herself shiver and looked at him when he pulled on his jacket again. "I'm sorry.. again.. for getting your jacket... damp.." She said, knowing she had been a bit excessive, but she sure felt better now.

"I didn't realize.. I would.." She made a funny cough sound in her throat. "cry that hard.." She said in a half whisper, before she shook her head. "I do feel better though.. so.. thanks.." She said carefully, glancing at him. "I haven't been able to do that.. in.. a while... I've never felt like it around Kendall.. so he never had the opportunity too.. and you... were kind to me.. and I just.. needed it.. have someone's shoulder to cry on.. literally.." She said trying to make a joke but failing. "Sorry... I should just shut up.."
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:28 pm

Andrew zipped up his sweatshirt in a slow manner, as to not sound obnoxious with the noise, and then put his hood back over his head, the covering most of his eyes. Another breeze rolled by, this time it was a little weaker than the last. A storm might be arriving. He looked back at Rise and told her "It really isn't a problem. I understand." One more breeze rolled by and Andrew got irritated with it. If he didn't have his hood on, his ears would be cold, which always infuriated him beyond belief. He had no idea as to why, but it just did. "Do you want to go inside or something?" he asked her, noticing the grass was also swaying pretty hard as well.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:55 am

Rise watched as he pulled on his jacket, and realized that was it was getting pretty cold, and she looked up at the sky, seeing storm clouds rolling in. "Great... last big thunderstorm before snow eh?" She asked frowning at the sky before standing up and after a moment's hesitation, she held out her hand to help him up. "Want to go to the... kitchens or... it is late.. I should be going to bed..." She said frowning as her eyes trailed up to the sky and back. She was not dressed properly for this kind of weather and she started to shiver hard, shaking her head. "Lets go.. it might.. start raining on us, and that would suck." She said and started towards the school again, hoping he would follow.

She wasn't even a few yards before the first sprinkles came down, and a rumbling was heard up in the sky. "Shit." She whispered and put her hands over her head, trying to hide herself from the rain. "Um... come on!" She yelped and started to run towards the school as the rain picked up speed, and they were granted with a final fair well to fall, and hello to Winter, with a huge thunderstorm.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:42 am

Andrew knew that a storm was going to show up. It wasn't hard to figure out that this was going to be a big one, just due to what the new sky looked like from the dark clouds. He figured he'd only have maybe a couple minutes to get back with Rise before it rained hard. Might as well head back for a while and revisit when the storm died down. He looked towards Rise who seemed to already running, and Andrew figured out why. He could notice the small droplets from the storm begin to fall, yet Andrew hadn't noticed it due to his hood. Thunder roared and Andrew was immediately brought back to one night, one night that haunted him for a while. He revisited it for a split second and then ran, his heart sinking to his feet.

He stopped underneath a small armada, Andrew looking down at his feet, his amrs sagging to his side. He couldn't believe his mind allowed him to go back to that moment, not now. Not again. He shook his head, trying to banish the thought and looked at Rise. "Seems we've dodged a bullet, huh?"
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:08 pm

Rise was surprised at Andrew's reaction when he got back inside. It wasn't THAT long of a run... and Rise should know.. she ran much longer on a normal day... but as it was... he looked exhausted. There wasn't much else to do now that they were pretty much trapped under the area they had gotten under, and she looked out at the rain as it thundered down. "Yeah.. pretty much." She said staring out at the large raindrops that were hitting the ground with large splats.

"Wow.. that came fast didn't it?" She said smiling at carefully and bending over to catch her breath before she stood up and went to the point just after the rain was, and looked up. It was loud, extremely loud, and thunder shook the castle. Of course they couldn't get inside without getting drenched, they hadn't been close enough for that.. so she stood there, frowning. "How long do you think it'll rain?" She asked glancing around and sighing again, moving away from the rain and looking at him.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:17 am

Andrew hadn't dreaded the rain, yet it was the large amounts like this that just made him go insane. He couldn't tell if it was just the depressing atmosphere of which it rained, or the irony of how just the simplest of thunderstorms like this caused him to freak out about his past again. He hadn't done it in a while, yet he really hoped Rise hadn't noticed it. So far, she seemed to not have noticed. "Yeah," he said, looking up at the formation of the sky to estimate how much it would rain "it might be either two minutes or two hours. I know a charm that can repel water from us, yet I'm not sure as to if it works on us exactly."

He sat down near Rise, taking off his hood to check if his hood had been drenched. His hood had been hit by a lot of small drops, yet it didn't seem to actually hit through it to his hair. He didn't give a care when it came to his appearance, yet he just didn't like being wet. He looked at the rest of his clothes and it was mainly the same story. It just looked like he had gotten off one of those water logs rides that you could go on at some cheap carnival that was meant for some fundraiser. Those were always fun. The rain wasn't.

He looked back out towards the rain and it was pouring now. It only toke, what, 30 seconds from being a slight drizzle to a large downpour that could flood a small park! "You know how evaporation works right?" he asked "how steam rises from lakes and rivers and causes rain drops? Well, since we are so close to a magical lake, does that mean this is magical water?" He couldn't help but smile. The thought of the water being 'magical' sounded ridiculous, but many things about the wizarding world was ridiculous.

He put his head against the smooth wall, taking a deep breath. He couldn't help but think about his late brother, the one that he saw dead. It bothered him constantly, no matter how many times he tried to block the image. Whenever it rained, it always poured on his mood. Excuse the pun. But he just couldn't help but think about it, think about what he did with his life. Christ, he sounded emo. He had to stop.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top