Lost in thought - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lost in thought - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lost in thought

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lost in thought - Page 2 Empty Re: Lost in thought

Post by Risé Lehmberg Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:39 am

Rise let out a harsh laugh, and turned to look at him. "Trust you.. of all people, why should I trust you? What have you done to earn my trust eh?" She asked, glaring at him, the anger back like never before. She had let it soften, and then he had made it worse. "People don't think I'm pretty... "She said turning her face away from him again, her whole body going tense when she heard him move, and she immediately shuffled farther away, her gaze turning to glare at him, both hands were on the ground, and she looked defensive now, he wand was still away, but it was obvious that she was scared, like a dog trapped in a corner with no where to go, and she felt the need to either fight or run, and right now, she didn't know which way to run.

"I want you to go away!" She hissed at him, her eyes wild with fear and anger, the hurt so evident it was shocking. She was lost, and confused, and trapped, and there were so many people to blame for it. "What do you want." she whimpered, the fear starting to creep up in her voice, had she been transformed, her tail would have been between her legs, and she would have either bolted or tried to fight, but at that point, she was to afraid to move, watching his hands for the slightest movement, ready to throw up a protective shield if need be.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Number of posts : 313

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:47 am

Andrew knew that she was beyond hurt at this point. Nothing could cover that up, mainly because she didn't try. She just blatantly went out and announced this with body language and verbal communication. This was a bad case. "I want to help you," he smiled, placing his hand near her, his palm facing towards the sky "I want to be able to make you smile again, because no one else seems to want to do it. I am not a bad person, yet you gotta make a decision. Do you want to remain sad and hurt, or do you want to try and recover?" For some reason, he had to make sure she was alright. His conscientiousness wouldn't let him rest until he at least made some progress.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:51 am

Rise stared at his hand when he held it out. Why was he doing this? Her eyes flickered up and down, from his face to his hands, watching him with suspicion. Her eyes were filled with hurt, and anger, and she knew that no one saw it.. except for the people who looked. She thrust her emotions out there like this, because she WANTED someone to show her that they cared.. she wanted them to see her as she was.. not a monster, but just someone who was hurt, and lonely, and sad, and this boy was finally doing that.. and she was to afraid to let him near her.

His hand was so close, and his smile so comforting, and she could feel hot tears building up behind her eyes, but she swallowed them back and turned to face the forest again, resolving that he could get nearer her, but she wouldn't look at him. "So what.. what could you possibly do to help me?" She asked, her voice choked with emotion and fear, and anger, but it was obvious she had given up and let herself talk to him.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:58 am

Andrew grinned, knowing that she had finally accepted his help. Well, maybe not accepted, but at least toke time to consider it. Andrew was perfectly fine with that, as long as it helped her in some way. He wouldn't try to screw this up, not now. "Try to help in any way possible," he replied to her, not really knowing how to fix her situation. He only knew that she was a werewolf and that she was tortured because of it. Mentally and physically, apparently. He could sense that she was holding back emotions, he could sense it in her tone of voice. "It's alright to cry," he said to her, showing genuine kindness "we're the only ones out here."
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:19 am

Rise flinched and turned to snap at him. "I'm not going to cry!" She snapped, glaring at him, but as she did so a few tears happened to leak out, and she quickly wiped them away, glaring at him as she turned to look at the forest again. "I'm not weak okay? I know how to defend myself... You just.. caught me at a bad time..." she said rubbing her eyes with her sleeve, acting as though she had something in it as she tried to keep the tears back. "It's just hard... ya know... I'm still dealing with not knowing who I am.. or what to do with my life.. and now.. it's all gone to shit!" She growled. "I wanted to do something awesome... I wanted to be awesome.. and now I'm never going to get that.. even when the Lupins were in charge it was nearly impossible for a werewolf to get a job.. how is that fair?!" She turned to look at him, anger and sadness on her face as a few more tears slid down her cheeks.

"The Lupin's are only famous because of Remus! That's the only reason.. and yet.. they still keep it nearly impossible to get more jobs.. did you know that the most werewolves were hired.. EVER under the new regime? Yeah... like, five or six werewolves got jobs in the Creatures Department at the Ministry, and they aren't the subject either! They do real work.. act like normal people.. and get paid days off on the full moon!" She said staring at him, tears leaking down her face still. "I am not a monster! I haven't hurt anyone! And do you know what... I fully believe that the Lupin's will get their power back before I graduate.. and guess what.. I'll be out of job.. out of home, I'll be forced to live as a muggle because I can't help it that I go through a painful transformation every full moon." Rise's voice got louder and louder until she finally broke down, falling on the grass and letting the tears come, her whole body racking with sobs.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:26 am

"Crying doesn't make you weak," Andrew immediately replied to her, sensing that she must have a prejudice against crying. Most people did, mainly because it showed human emotion, and most people thought that was weak. "Crying shows that you are a human. Regardless if you're a werewolf or not, you are human. Make no mistake about it." Now Andrew could sense what the girl was sad about. Mainly the new Regime, Andrew hadn't really heard about it in recent times, yet it sounded bad. Ne'Os might be the head of it again...who knew? Yet now the girl began to sob loudly, falling on the grass. Andrew quickly moved a little bit closer and tried to calm her down, yet it was more than likely to no avail. He held out his arms, mainly as a sign of a hug, wondering if she would take him up on his offer. More than likely however, she wouldn't accept. "Listen," he said softly "you are not a monster. You are a human who happens to be in unfortunate circumstances. No one should judge you differently because of it."
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:21 am

Rise stared at him when he held out his arms, and against her will, she moved closer to him and let him hug her, pressing her face against his shoulder and sobbing softly, her whole body shaking with sobs. "I don't get it.." She whispered into his shoulder, tears leaking down her face. "Why do people hate me for something I didn't do?" she asked, muffled by his t-shirt, she knew that Kendall would be angry with her if he knew she was letting this guy touch her, albeit in a completely non-sexual way.. still.. he was touching her, and she was afraid of what Kendall would think..

But Kendall wasn't here.. and she really needed a shoulder right then. She hated people, she hated the world, she wanted to hug Kendall, so she imagined that this boy WAS Kendall, and sobbed into his shoulder, knowing that it wouldn't change anything, but also knowing that she would feel better after it, at least a little bit anyway. So she sobbed softly into his shirt, clutching at it, knowing it was getting wet with her tears, and being unable to stop it from happening, she just really needed to cry.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:35 am

Andrew was thoroughly surprised when the girl hugged him, because he thought that she wouldn't do something that like. He figured he had a lot to learn about this girl, and it made him curious. He put his arms around her, hugging her yet not going anywhere further than that. He could tell that she was broken, broken in many different ways and Andrew wanted to help pick up the pieces. Yet he had no idea about his past, or even what was going on in her life right now. Hell, he didn't even know her name! Yet he continued to hold her, his head slightly above hers.

He could feel his sweatshirt begin to get wet, wondering how long it would take to seep through his shirt too. She was crying pretty hard, so he figured it wouldn't be long. He put his left hand onto her head, gently stroking her hair a little. Not in a bad way, but just trying to calm her down. "I know this sounds impossible," he said to her in a kind and gentle voice "but you have to believe that things will get better. You just got to make the right decisions for yourself. I'm Andrew by the way. Andrew Thompson."
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:53 am

Rise let herself cry it out for a long, long time, until he spoke, and then she let herself hiccup into silence. "It's just... hard.." She whispered, and then frowned and realized she hadn't know his name before this. "I'm... Rise.. Rise Lehmberg.." She whispered, hiccuping lightly and resting her forehead against his shirt, feeling a few more tears leak out. "I'm sorry.." She whispered finally, before sitting up and hugging her knees to her chest and staring at the forest again, resting her chin on her knees and letting out a slow breath.

"Ever since I came back... people have thrown things at me... whispered behind my back... yelled at me... confronted me... and then there was this guy.. and he made me feel.. so much better.. and he's not here right now.. and I just get.. really angry when anyone else gets close to me.. because I know they will hurt me.. they always do... but he won't.. he hasn't yet, and I know he won't.. I trust him." She said softly, letting her eyes close as she hiccuped again. "I didn't mean to cry.. all over your shirt.." she said softly and wiped at her eyes, feeling them start to burn. "I just.. couldn't help it.."
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:07 am

So there was a guy in the picture...it didn't bother Andrew at all, but he would need to take note of it. From the looks of things, this guy might've been giving her the wrong type of help. If she thought crying was weak, then that means someone had to have shed that information into her. Andrew would tread more lightly from now on. He placed his hand on her shoulder and smiled brightly "I would never hurt you. Understand? I'm not like those people, those people are the scum of the Earth." At least Andrew got somewhere at least. He didn't know if she trust him or not, but at least he broke through a wall.

A cold breeze rolled by and Andrew could feel the tears begin to chill his body. God he hated it when that happened. He pulled down on the zipper of his sweatshirt and one arm at a time toke it off, throwing it gently onto the ground next to him. He wore a plain black shirt underneath, seeing as how he didn't think he'd take his sweatshirt off. He looked back at Rise and smiled. "Don't worry about it," he told her "it's no big deal."
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top