Lost in thought - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lost in thought - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lost in thought

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lost in thought - Page 3 Empty Re: Lost in thought

Post by Risé Lehmberg Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:48 am

Rise shivered slightly when a soft breeze rolled through and she wiped the tears off her face, hiccuping again. She watched as he took off his sweatshirt, and she realized she really had soaked through it. "I'm so sorry.." She whispered again, turning her face away from him and looking at the Forest. "You know... you think you'd get used to people calling you names.. and screaming at you.. and chucking rocks at your head... but... it doesn't get better... Every time it happens.. you just want to run off and cry.. or go find a place to sit alone... and that's what happened.. here I am.. sitting alone.." She said staring out at the forest. "Of course until you came along.." She said carefully.

"I'm still not convinced that you won't try to hurt me though... I've been nothing but hurt for the past year.. and I'm not about to trust you just because you let me cry and talk about it." She said turning to glare at him, the fire behind her eyes was back, and it was obvious that she was now back to what she had been, only now she had hiccups, and she wasn't about to run away from him. Which was an improvement in a way. "Sorry that I don't exactly trust easily anymore.." She said turning her face away from him and staring out at the forest.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Number of posts : 313

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:12 am

Andrew could sense at that moment that Rise was starting to feel defensive again. It wasn't surprising, yet hopefully she wouldn't continue to be this way, otherwise Andrew couldn't help at all. He moved his hand back to his natural arm position and noticed she kept looking out towards the forest, maybe as a defense mechinism. Who knew? He tried to move a little so he could get into her sight, moving only inches as to avoid any discomfort towards her, and said "Honestly, am I acting like any of the other people that torture you like that? I'm honestly just trying to help, seeing as how I find it unfair as to what people do to you. It's sick."

Andrew placed a gentle hand on her shoulder again, trying to at least show her that what he meant was geuniune. It was simple contact, yet it was the sort of emotional difference that humans could sense between one another. "I'm not a stereotypical Slytherin," he said "I'm not one of those guys that want to hurt you or even think about it. I see you as a girl, a woman whose been hurt too many times."
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:29 am

Rise found her eyes focused on him, and she frowned. "I never said you were.. what I implied is that you can... for all I know, the next time you see me, I'll be alone, and you'll be with your friends, and they will all start poking fun at me, and you will just.. join in because that's what people do.. they don't stick up for people like me... they go along with what's easiest, and that's whatever their friends are doing." she said turning and facing him completely again, staring at him.

He touched her shoulder and she stiffened slightly, but didn't make any move to push it away. "You aren't... but either is Kendall okay? He's a Slytherin.. a Slytherin Pureblood.. and he.. he likes me.." She whispered and then looked down at her toes, frowning. "I'm not a woman yet.. I have a lot of growing up to do... And it's made a lot harder when you can't get a night's rest in your own dorm... or go through the halls to your next class in peace.. it sucks Andrew! It does.." she said and hit the ground with her fist, staring at him. "Do you have any idea how it feels?" she whispered, staring him straight in the eyes, leaning towards him so he couldn't look away.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:43 am

Andrew listened to her, noticing that she was more unforgiving of him for what he could do. It was sort of a paranoid thing to say, yet he wouldn't be the one to judge her, mainly because he had no idea as to what she went through. He had never been the one to be teased, so he wouldn't say anything. "I know a werewolf and all of my friends are friends with him," he said, wondering if Ariel still came to this school or not. He couldn't remember, seeing as how he was absent most of the time. "My friends aren't the ones to ridicule anyone. We hate people like that."

Now Andrew had managed to get somewhere in terms of who the mysterious person was. Kendall. A Slytherin pureblood. Call Andrew paranoid, but that did not just sound right at all. A Slytherin pureblood would be cold, calculating, and uncaring. He knew this mainly from experiencing most of the Slytherin students that attended Hogwarts. He decided to not bring up this 'Kendall' person, seeing as how she apparently had a close friendship with this man. Andrew would need to see this Kendall in his own eyes however.

Andrew sighed when she slammed her fist into the ground and asked if he knew. "I have no idea how it's like," he replied to her in an earnest voice "I have never been in your positions. But I'd still like to help regardless, because you don't deserve any of that." He must've repeated that several times, but he needed to get his point across so she would finally understand him.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:57 am

"Don't play all big and mighty.. the Gryffindors are the worst people around here." She said glaring at him. "I'm a Hufflepuff okay... Hufflepuff Werewolf.. how does that sound to you? You know.. we get made fun of by you Gryffindor type blokes all the time, just because we were put into Hufflepuff.. now imagine this... the world has turned on you.. you're a werewolf.. AND you're a Hufflepuff! That means the entire school is turned against you.. people think you're an idiot... and you're dangerous..." she glowered at him.

"You're friends ridicule me just as bad as the rest of them! You know.. it wasn't even Slytherin's that hit me over the head with a rock! It was three Gryffindor boys! All older then me... all laughing as I held onto my head... feeling the blood..." She ran her fingers over her head and glared at him. "So don't you dare pull this.. we aren't those kind of people..." She said glaring at him. "Because you and you're buddies are just as bad as the rest of them!" She glared at him and moved to stare at the woods again, she was to tired to cry, but she felt like she wanted too, if only because she was tired of fighting off everyone just because of who she was.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:11 am

Now here was the confrontation again. Wasn't surprising that she thought all Gryffindors were bad. Most Gryffindors were assholes, mainly due to the fact that all of the younger ones thought they were the best due to being all 'brave and suave'. It wasn't a right, it was a privilege to be a Gryffindor, and many other ruined that name. The curious thing that was on Andrew's mind was how she figured out he was a Gryffindor. Probably from his personality or something, but he didn't want to think about it.

"I pick my friends wisely," he said carefully, not wanting to irritate her more "I choose my friends that are the caring and the responsible ones. Not the assholes that pick on you. And a lot of my friends aren't even Gryffindor. I have Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw friends as well. I try not to associate with Slytherin because they manipulate people. Most of them are shallow and cold, not caring about anyone but themselves. I'm not saying Kendall is, but I'm just saying the majority are. My friends wouldn't want to hurt you."

Andrew looked out towards the lake and pointed to an area near a large rock wall. "Me and my Hufflepuff friend Miseria Manson-Lupin fought a large snake that attacked us and ended up killing it. We are still trying to raise it's young." He moved his right hand in front of her sight, but not close to her. A large ball of light appeared on his hand and in place of his flesh was a bright silver gauntlet, one that looked like it would be used in battle. "I found this saving my friend Nerissa Hatts, Ravenclaw, in Africa." Another light and it was gone. "I also dated a Hufflepuff. Real nice person. Trust me, there are some Gryffindors out there that do make a difference to peoples lives. "
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:06 pm

Rise glared at him as he spoke about Gryffindors and other houses, and when he started to say Slytherin's were shallow and cold, she couldn't help but glare at him. "Really? Every single person in your house has done something... at least.. looked at me odd." she said glaring at him. "Go away Wolf Girl... no one wants you here Doggie.... Ew, look at the mutt." Rise said and wiped her eyes again, hiccuping. "You're friends with Hufflepuffs..." A part of her was confused when he mentioned Miseria Lupin. "She's.... she's a werewolf too." She whispered staring at him as he spoke about being with her, and then he dated one?

What was with this guy? What.. did he want from her? She just wanted to be left alone, and here he was.. messing her up. Kendall was the only person who understood her, she was sure of it.. and yet here was this guy.. who befriended werewolves, talked to girls who were upset on the grounds, let them cry. "what do you want from me?" She whispered, her gaze going to him, but the fire was gone, she was emotionless, and she didn't know what to think anymore.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:31 pm

Andrew looked at the ground and tried to think of his next sentence. He continuously said the same thing over and over again, so it was starting to get old for the both of them. "I want nothing from you," he said, his voice firm so she understood him "Nothing. I'm acting as a good person and I want to help you. I don't want to see you down. You shouldn't be sad and hurt all the time." Hopefully she had received the message, but the state that she was in caused mass paranoia. He figured it would take a little more time. "I just want you to listen to me," he said again, a smile on his lips "when I say that many of the people that are Gryffindors are kind and are caring. The ones that insult or attack you are the ones...well let me put it this way, we don't know how they got in."
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Rise stared at the forest some more, not looking at him, but listening at least. Rise took a deep breath, and then sighed and glanced at him, before looking away once more, her eyes darting everywhere, her body tense, but a lot less tense then before, she at least wasn't attempting to run away, or shield herself anymore. "Okay.. so what more do you want me to do? I cried... I screamed at you... the only thing left to hit you, and I don't believe in violence.." she said sniffing and rubbing her eyes again, staring out at the woods.

Suddenly Rise stopped, and her head lifted up, and she started to chuckle. It quickly turned into a full out giggle attack, and she let herself fall backward onto the grass, unable to stop laughing. After the fit subsided, and she was able to sit up, her hiccups even worse, she looked at him and giggled again. "To think..." she said trying to catch her breath, her arm wrapped around her abs because they hurt from laughing. "I'm a werewolf.. and I don't believe in violence." she said unable to keep back a fit of giggles again.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:21 pm

In Andrew's mind, this was really getting no where. Andrew kept making attempt after attempt, yet it always ended in failure. He wanted to help, yet it seemed she was not willing to accept it. It wasn't unnatural for a person in her position to do it, but Andrew wished he could've been a motivational speaker at this moment, just so he could try to talk her out of her sadness. But some people were never meant to do things. Andrew looked back at Rise, attempting to say something, but instead, she was violently giggling on the ground, the first time Andrew had even seen her smile. He couldn't help but chuckle, seeing as how laughter was contagious.

When she was (mostly) done, Andrew looked at her and said "Well I'm glad you're smiling a little. Haven't seen that yet." He looked up towards the trees, attempting to figure out how he could perhaps get her to trust some people, to show her that she was not a monster like she thought she was. Andrew killed people, he didn't exactly help 24/7. After a minute or so of thinking, a random childish thought appeared in his head. "We could do a trust excersise," he said, shrugging his shoulders "you fall back and I catch you?"
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top