Lost in thought - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lost in thought - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lost in thought

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lost in thought - Page 4 Empty Re: Lost in thought

Post by Risé Lehmberg Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:13 am

Rise was still giggling as he spoke, and when he said he was happy she was smiling, she couldn't help it, her smile disappeared. Kendall liked her smile.. but... she wasn't exactly.. trusting of this guy. When he asked if she wanted to do a trust exercise, she stared at him in shock, a bit lost and confused at what he was suggesting. "Trust exercise... really... like... I fall back and let you catch me? No way.. not even... I'm not about to trust you enough to let me fall to the ground, for all I know that was your main plot.. get me to loosen up enough to do that.. and then all your friends are back there.. watching me waiting for you to drop me on my ass.. no thank you." She said turning from him again.

She knew she was being stupid.. she knew that he was just trying to be nice to her, and she just, couldn't let him see that she was trying.. at least a little bit. "Listen.. I'm sorry.." she said slowly, her eyes slowly going over to him, and frowning. "I'm just... not.. used to.. you know.. people being nice anymore... before I got turned.. well it wasn't like I was noticed enough to even be looked at.. no one knew my name... I blended in.. didn't get in trouble, and I was fine.. and then this happened, and here I am..." She said slowly glancing at him. "Unable to trust people who have been nice to me.. and I'm sorry.. I just.. can't..."
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Number of posts : 313

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:29 am

Andrew noticed that she immediately began to frown again once he brought up her smile. Did she also have something against smiling as well? She was a handful, yet Andrew wanted to get through the walls and try to have a good friendship with this person. She wasn't a bad person, yet she had been hurt too many times and needed some good structure. Otherwise, she'd live her life in madness. He moved his hand slowly over to her face and placed one index finger on her chin and slightly moved her head slightly so she was looking into his eyes. This must've frightened her. "You can learn," he said, a small smile plastered on his face "you have been willing to let your past be your past...and work towards the brighter future you deserve. It will hurt, yet you will feel a lot better if you make the effort."
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:21 am

Rise pretty much almost hit him when he touched her face, and her eyes zeroed in on him, and she stared. He was staring at her, and she couldn't help it, she blushed. Hard. "The problem is.. is that there is no let up on the abuse.." She whispered, looking at him, her cheeks still red. "The only time I have to feel special.. or human.. is when I'm with Kendall... and he's busy.. I can't be with him always... so... any time I'm not.. I'm.. scared, lost, and alone... it hurts... in more then just physical ways." She said, her hand going to her head and she frowned at him.

"Andrew.... I just want to feel normal... but it doesn't help that my scar is so... visible.." She said frowning and looking down down and her hand moved to hide it. The scar lay visible between her breasts and up onto her chest. "So people see.. this is the first time I've ever been out in public with it open.." She said slowly, and looked at him carefully. "I've always hidden it.." She said slowly, and looked down at her lap, frowning and pressing her hand over the one year old scar.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:34 am

Andrew moved his hand back down to his side, knowing that must've went a little too far with that. Who could tell. She began to explain her feelings about what happened, and at least it was a start. This Kendall guy sounded too good to be true in his opinion, especially since he was a Slytherin. Most Slytherin students, like he said before, were just cold. Why was this guy suddenly showing interest in her? That was the odd part, yet he wouldn't get too deep into this mystery. Otherwise, people just got hurt.

He looked at her scar, trying to not stare as that would be rude. He glanced at it and quickly tilted his head back up to Rise. Andrew knew how having a scar felt, since he had two, but the only noticeable scar was a small one below his eye. He wondered if anyone even noticed it. "You don't have to hide who you are," he said to her, trying to make her feel better "people belittle you because they are afraid. They are afraid of you. Not because you are different. You shouldn't have to feel like an outcast because you are a werewolf. Forget those that put you down and embrace your friends."
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:47 am

How weird.. he told her the same things Kendall did, but in a different way, and it made her think hard. Andrew said that she should trust her friends, and not worry about the people who made her feel bad. That was the same thing Kendall said... the exact same thing, and she knew that Kendall had her best intentions in mind. "Thank you..." She said softly, staring at him and smiling finally, a real smile, not laughing, but smiling at him. "You've made me realize.. that... it is okay to be who I am... because I have something no one else does.." She said smiling at him. "I have Kendall... and right now.. he is the best thing for me." she smiled at him and looked at the forest again.

"I'm.... thank you." she said nodding at him and pulling her knees to her chest again, staring at the forest and smiling.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:02 am

Andrew was glad that Rise had found a new meaning on his life, and that she was smiling, but something didn't settle right about this Kendall kid. The more he thought about it, the more he tended to think that something, anything, was wrong about that guy. He would have to have a discussion with this guy, to see if he was for real or not. But knowing all the slytherin's something was up and he would have to deal with it. Like Andrew always had to. Just thinking about that brought up some painful memories, which Andrew quickly shut out, to avoid falling back into the habit of thinking of what he did.

"No problem," he replied to her, a smile on his face, even though that shouldn't have been there. What should have been there was the twisted face of question, one that questions the motives of a person. Not her, but that other guy. "So this Kendall guy," he started, gesturing with his hands again in an unknown fashion "how long have you known him?" Perhaps that was the only place where he could begin at the moment. Knowledge was power and the more knowledge he had against this guy, the better. This was going to be a mystery that only Detective Andrew could solve. Or maybe someone else, but frankly, he didn't know who else would care. Besides his close friends or something.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:34 am

"How long have I known him? It feels like it's been forever! But.. a couple of weeks maybe... we met in the library.. and he caught me with my scarf off.. and it scared me so badly.. but he told me it was nothing to be ashamed of.. exactly like you." She said frowning at him. "And he said I had a pretty smile.. and he.. spoke me to me.. and made me feel.. nice really... he touched my hand... he.. didn't go away.. and then we met again... in the hallways he'd smile at me.. and then.. he spoke to me in an out of order bathroom. I mean.. I was trying to hide.. and he... was there.. with another girl, but we talked.. and he made me realize just how..." She said carefully.

"How special I am I guess..." She frowned and then sighed and looked at him. "He touches me like I"m normal.. and we may have.. I mean.." She blushed hard and looked away from him. "We talked... and I know that he's real okay?" She said getting a little defensive, but knowing she had no reason to. He had only asked her how long she had known him, easy enough question, but... she frowned and glanced at him, suspecting him, not trusting him. "There are things that happen to you that you can't help but trust the person afterwards." she said simply and looked away.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:43 am

It seemed as if this Kendall person was her knight in shining armor. He sounded to have noble intentions, yet he was to not trust this person. She seemed to really admire him, which he had no problem with, yet he didn't know if that was a good decision. "I understand," he said, putting his hands up in a calming manner "he sounds like a really good person. So what is his last name? I may have already met him." Usually Slytherins were all in some large family of bigots. So if he recognized the last name, maybe he could get a motives. This would be the closest he could get without actually talking to Kendall.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Risé Lehmberg Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:08 am

Rise smiled at him when he said that he understood that she liked him. She couldn't help but grin at him and she looked up at the sky. It was getting late... really late, she should have been back in her common room forever ago, but she didn't care. She shivered in the soft wind that blew and glanced at him. "Rookwood... Kendall Rookwood." She said with a smile towards Andrew. "I know it seems unlikely but... he is a nice guy Andrew..." She said staring pointedly at him. "Not all Slytherins are bad... I mean... it's like saying all Hufflepuffs are stupid, and all Gryffindors are jackasses." She said with a smirk towards him. "Slytherins... they have a bad rep.. they aren't all bad." She said softly, her eyes trained on him before she grinned again and rested her chin on her knees.
Risé Lehmberg
Risé Lehmberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:34 am

Andrew wouldn't even believe that in writing. Most Slytherins were jackasses. The entire house was made for the deviant and the unwanted really. Or so that's what Andrew believed. He decided to pretend to hear her out there, since she really liked this guy. "Just be sure," he said, this time in a more serious manner "that he is what he is. Don't be drawn in by lies or anything. I've learned to never trust a Slytherin, they backstab you." He wanted to be honest, because maybe she'd learn a thing or two. "Just heed my advice...as a favor."
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top