Marriage is Murder - Page 93
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 93 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 93 of 100 Previous  1 ... 48 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 96 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 93 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:45 am

Khaat stood firm with her decision. She knew how they trained in Paris, and so did Brian and her parents. Hell, her father and Remus had trained them all, in much the same way that she and Brian had been trained. Khaat devoted her attentions to healing the injury in her mother that had almost killed her. That and taking care of the kids. Her father had taken Brian into the gym and had trained him until Brian was so tired he could barely get up anymore. But the result of it had been that Brian had stopped doubting himself. Her father had tol Brian he could have command back just as soon as he recovered now from his own fatigue. Much as Khaat didn't like seeing him that way, she knew that Brian had needed to burn off his own anger. It had been necessary.

In fact, when Brian went to the bedroom to sleep, her father stretched out on the sofa, just as tired as Brian was. He closed his eyes heavily. "Khaat," he yawned. "You have control until I wake up. Try to keep things in one piece for a couple hours, would you?"

"I'll do my best," she said gently. His even breathing told her he was already asleep. Khaat took her coffee cup and went out to sit by the pool. She was hoping the kids would stay quiet for awhile.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:58 am

Steven walked out to the pool " Hay Khaat " he said softly as he held a feeding Fallon " hows Brian today I heard Robert working him last night?" he asked and sat down" I don't sleep much since cassidy left, ow I do miss her but its because the beds a lot colder. " he said and chuckled trying to make light of things, Fallon grasping the bottle and holding it as she slowly fell asleep. Jess sat with jack and Andrew as he pointed to some pictures in a book he had. Glancing out of the window she stood up and moved to Steven " let me take her now " she said and Steven let Jess take and change Fallon.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:04 am

"They were at it for hours," Khaat laughed. "I think they both wore themselves out. That got to be a first. They usually break bones and cause deep enough wounds that one or the other needs surgery first. For them to just wear themselves out? That just never happens. Don't worry about Cassidy. You know the guys there. If anything, she's just learning how to become one of the guys, and when someone's life depends on it thats a critical skill. You know that. I didn't send her there to punish her. I sent her to help her." She paused, and she said. "Its too quiet, Steven. I keep feeling like there is a dark cloud approaching. I don't know why I can't shake it, but it feels almost like there's a bad storm coming our way. It makes me uneasy. Like we're only sitting in the eye of the storm for now. Like its very temporary. I know--I'm not making much sense, am I?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:14 am

Steven looked at her and nodded " I know Khaat and I am grateful for that , she'll pull her self together out there " he said and smiled but he to felt something wasn't right " don't need to be a seer to feel that Khaat, been feeling it since that damn man showed his ugly face " he said and looked at her. He looked at the sky and sighed " something has been niggling me that he will come back and soon " he stood up " patrol time" and moved around the house checking things again. Jess shivered again and knew that feeling she looked at Jack.

" I don't know why but I have this feeling hes coming back " she said jack wrapped his arms around her.

" if he does he will have a fight on his hands " he said and kissed her gently as he held her close.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:43 am

Kate came out of the kitchen where she had been making cookies with Angus and she had Angus with her.

"Guard the children," Kate said. "He's coming. Draw your wands." She went over to Robert to wake him, but he just was in such a deep sleep that he didn't move. "Useless old fart," she cussed softly. Khaat heard her mother and she stood, drawing her wand. She saw a number of dark jets of smoke form on the beach, away from the property and start walking up the beach.

"Correct that," Khaat said. "They're here. Steven, summon Lee. You're the only one here who can do it with Daddy asleep. Jack, summon the organization. I'll try to provide a diversion. Jess, you and Mom and Angus take care of the kids. Nothing is more important that them. Don't come after me, no matter what." She headed through the brush, trying to stay hidden, but going in the direction of the dark wizards who were porting in, one after the other. She was becoming more and more outnumbered by the second. She was counting on Steven and Jack to get backup. Even if Brian and her father had been awake, it would not have been enough. not this time.

And then she saw him, out in front, like the commander of the pack, taller than them all. by at least 6 inches or better. And he was striding up the beach like he owned it. Khaat used any available piece of cover she had, and several distractiing spells to try to draw them away from her family.

Suddenly, he snatched her from behind, drawing her tight against him. Her green stone was shining a blinding light. But since he was behind her it seemed to do little good. "You think you could really avoid me forever?" he laughed, amused.

"What do you want?" she demanded.

"You, my dear," he said. "That's all. That's not so much, is it?"

"And if I do what you want, you'll leave my family alone?"

"Yes," he said. "Well, I take it back. I might leave them alone for a little while, but the bottom line of that is, no. I won't leave them alone. But you would buy them time."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:02 am

Steven did as he was told and summoned lee and several men his wand drawn Jack moved to his side as he faced the man down his eyes changing to yellow as he saw him grab Khaat. " let her go " Jack growled watching Jess take the kids into the nursery and stay with them. Steven faced the man but kept his eyes on the others around him as he felt Lee and several men aperate around them. Both men held there position so to be able to follow if he should leave.

" I said let her go " he growled again this time his hair grow longer as he drew closer to him something about him making him become curios, it was as if he was facing a member of his own family but it could not be his family were no longer around and were Jess and his children yet this man felt like one. " who the hell are you?" he asked trying not to get too close to Khaat as he knew what her necklace could do to him. Steven on the other hand didn't want anything to happen to Khaat he wished Robert or Brian were there but they were both asleep and he knew that's why this moment had been chosen he aimed his wand at the mans shoulder knowing ahead shot would be impossible.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:20 am

"Oh, so you're going to go all werewolf on me are you?" the man laughed. "Well, then, lets see if she survives us both." His eyes changed to bright emerald green, and his jet black hair began to lengthen, his form growing taller in stature.

"No!" Khaat could hear Remus's voice in her head. His worst fear come to life, and it was drawing him foreward to her again. She glanced up and the figure that was forming was a giant of a werewolf. Bigger than Jack or Remus had ever been. The stone on her neck began to glow a blinding green, and it began to scream--a deafening high pitched siren that made Khaat try shut her eyes and to cover her own ears. It caused the figure behind her pain, and he began to howl. Khaat thought she heard Remus urging her to fire a killing curse into the werewolf that held her. And then she heard Remus telling her to fight, to turn around, to face the werewolf that held her. She felt like her own mind was just giving up, just willing her spirit to go be with Remus and give up.

"Khaat! Turn around! Face him!" she heard her father's voice commanding her now. "Do it!" She saw he was very much awake now, and somehow had gotten out on the beach, standing with Jack and Steven. She could feel the strength from his contego spell that surrounded everyone else but her. The last thing she wanted was to look right into the face of her own death. "Trust me!" her father shouted.

She managed to fight her way to get the beast that was trying to claw at her to let go enough that she could spin around. The stone fired a powerful green blast into him with a high, piercing screeching sound.

"Fire!" Robert commanded Steven. Khaat had known Steven was the only one with a shot at all at him. Everyone else was at such an angle they would have to shoot her in order to shoot him.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:30 am

Jack heard the man and watched his transformation controlling his own and knowing at some point all reason would be lost and Steven could take his shot. Steven heard Robert and fired but the shot hit his shoulder making him throw the knife away out the corner of his eyes he saw Jack fight against what ever the stones in Khaats necklace were doing to both of them though Jack seem to handle it better. Jack covered his ears partly transforming back to his human state and breathing hard but he dove forward grabbing Khaat and pulling her back then he stood looking at the man face to face " Take me on I dear you. " he growled at him " Get out of here and leave her alone or we will fight...to the death. " he said meaning every single word, Jack was using his knowledge that once he changed blind rage took over and all humanity was lost but not for jack as he controlled it. Steven too a chance and fired again, this time hitting him square in the chest, but still it left little in the way of a mark.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:05 am

When Jack moved her back out of the way, Khaat felt two arms wrap tightly around her and move her even further back. Back behind her father. She looked to see who had her. It was Brian. He had her locked like iron in his arms. Khaat saw the creature turn into something she had never seen before. It wasn't werewolf, it wasn't man. But it was huge. She looked at her father. Realization had crossed his face.

"Jack," Robert called, "you can't take him. Not like this. Don't try it. "

"You didn't educate your boy, Lupin," the huge black creature managed to somehow speak with some difficulty. "He doesn't know, does he?"

"No, but I do," Robert said fiercely. "Jack, back off a bit. Don't do anything unless I tell you. Khaat, I need you with me. Brian, bring her." Brian walked her the short distance to her father. Robert took her from Brian and wrapped her tightly against him, in front of him. "Now, listen," he said to her softly in her ear. "I want you to try something with me. I don't know if it will work. But, I think together we can do this." He whispered instructions into her ear. Brian heard enough of it to know what they were going to try. He made a tiny gesture with his hand to Jack to motion him to back away from the odd half man/half werewolf creature.

Khaat closed her eyes and reached for her father's hands. He joined hands with hers and closed his eyes. Slowly the green stone grew brighter and louder and brighter and louder until it began to drive everyone to their knees in pain, their hands over their ears. The creature was more affected than anyone, attempted to move towards Khaat but the stone fired into the creature and it yelped sharply and gave up, dashing off in pain. The creature's followers ran off after him, following him, and when there weree no signs of them anymore, Robert let go of her hands as a signal to her to stop. She had used so much energy, her knees buckled and she started to simply fall limp. He caught her quickly. "Jack," Robert called, wrapping Khaat close into his chest now. "You okay?" He knew he had to explain to Jack how this creature could morph halfway and quit and still be so evil and have so much control. It was the reason that Robert had stopped Jack from taking him on.

"Lee," Brian called, "and Steven, check the others. Make sure they're okay. See if anyone is injured."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:32 pm

Steven moved back with Robert not quite knowing what they were doing, but he knew it would rid them of this menace. Jack stood his ground, taking only one step back, his eyes never leaving the now man/half werewolf creature. His words only made him more confused, his head snapped back as Robert told him to back away. This time he did, but then suddenly he felt raging pain in his head and body. Now he could do little in the way of fighting as he fell to his knees, he hoped it would not last much longer. Soon he felt as if he could take any more, it was then it stopped and he breathed hard, his body physically shook but he was unharmed. " Just...just give me a moment " he said in reply to Robert as he tried to stand, but failed and sat back down on the ground. Steven on Roberts command nodded, moving with lee around the area they found nothing, he walked back to Robert.

"All clear " He said then looked back at the house, he could see lee's men stationed all around the place and he moved inside and to the nursery. "Everyone all right?" He asked before pushing open the door and walking in, He smiled as he saw Jess with her wand held out ready to fight. " Jacks out side, he could use your presence, but that guys gone for now" he said and looked at the sleeping Fallon, he also saw Andrew stood with Kate his hands balled into fists. " Hey, stand down, hes gone" he said and ruffled the boys hair.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Page 93 of 100 Previous  1 ... 48 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 96 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top