Marriage is Murder - Page 96
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 96 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 96 of 100 Previous  1 ... 49 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 96 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:52 pm

It was after dinner that night, after the kids were in bed, before Brian came back. Khaat was sitting, reading a book, just waiting. When Brian came back, he was determined. A man on a mission. He merely motioned to Robert. Robert got up and he went downstairs with Brian, both not speaking a word. They were gone a couple of hours. Khaat wasn't feeling a thing. She felt her father had put a block around the room to keep the seers in the house from discovering anything. She finally went downstairs and simply went in.

"Alright. Give," she ordered her father.

"Give?" he asked.

"You know what I mean."

"Brian, we might as well. Go get Jack. There wont' be any putting it off." Brian got up quietly and went upstairs.

"Jack," Brian said quietly. "Come with me, please. Robert would like to see you"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23621
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:58 pm

Jack was in the kitchen with Jess when she turned to face him " go to Brian " she said and patted his chest kissing him lightly as she continued to make a pot of tea. Jack moved from her and into the living room and over to Brian he could tell it was serious by the tension in his body as they walked.

" ok lets go" he said and followed him down to the office " you wanted me Robert ?" he asked standing with his head tipped to one side and his arms folded waiting for what ever it was he had to say. Jack knew Jess felt everything he did he was unaware of the block Robert had up and was ready for anything he was told.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:07 pm

"Sit down, Jack," Robert said, motioning Brian to shut the door. "Brian and Michael have been very busy for me this afternoon. They've been researching the questions I knew you would have and some of my own. Your sisters have been working for your brother for years--since before they left Hogwarts. He had already turned them long before they graduated. My guess is that he introduced them to Fenrir and that turned them. But he wasnt' the first one in your family to be infected.

"The first one," Brian said gently, "according to Robert's testing, was your mother. The information that we had is that your brother might just be a half brother--with perhaps Fenrir as his father. And--we know why your father left. He was outraged at finding out that your mother cheated on him with someone as twisted as Fenrir Greyback. He joined a secret squad of aurors at that time that were working for the ministry. Part of the deal was that they would try to protect you--if he never had any contact with you or your mother again. And it would seem he kept that promise. However, we cannot find any record of his death. It may well be that he might be alive. Your mother apparently brews her own wolfsbane potion and appears to have gotten the formula from Severus Snape somehow. Whether she got it legitimately from him or stole it, we may never know. But...it does appear she's up to her pretty eyeballs in this mess. And, we suspect she may have fed information to your brother or to Fenrir, one or the other. I'm sorry, but you might want to find a different sitter from now on, at the very least."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:27 pm

Jack listened and things slipped into place and he sighed " guess they did see me as not to their standards since my father fought on the right side " he said happy to know he was not one of Greyback's children. " and yeah might need to reconsider the minding situation though right now that's minor " he said " I'll talk to my mother when we get back " then he shook his head " no time to move on" he said and looked at Robert " do now what do we do ?" he asked " if he found out I was his brother they will come after me and my family especially Andrew " he moved to pace the room " is there any way my sisters can be turned back?" he asked finally.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:45 pm

"You're not the target, Jack. You never were. You have too much of your father. He was a Gryffindor. Your brother was a Slytherin. Your sisters were Hufflepuffs at first, but they were apparently destined to follow more of a Slytherin track. Your mother told you she was a Ravenclaw, and she might have been, but she was very impressionable because she certainly seems to have followed that Slytherin thinking too, by the looks of it.

"Your brother follows Fenrir. He's not interested in your family. He acts and thinks those things that Fenrir told him was important. Fenrir didn't realize his mistake about biting Remus until after the deed was done and he had the Lupins on his tail from then on. This fight is at least 50 years old. And it only intensified when Remus got famous and helped Harry Potter. He knows where our loyalties lie. And with my position and Khaat's in the ministry, it gauls him, I'm sure. Fenrir would want me dead on sheer purpose, and he would make a handy silent partner for Gelding. Compared to Fenrir, Gelding is rather stupid. This whole thing has always about finding any way to penetrate my shields around my family to get to me. Now he will count on you dashing off to try to do things on your own. If you do that, he'll wipe out you, Jess, and your kids one at a time to drive you back here to me. He knows you won't have a choice. So, it seems to me that your only reasonable move is to stay. Let him think we haven't figured him out. The less we show our hand, the easier we will be able to eventually find him and make some sort of strike."

"What Robert is saying is that we continue, business as usual, so that james doesn't suspect a bloody thing," Brian said. "We'll get him, but you need to realize that he wants to use you and your family as pawn to get to the Lupins. Now that we know, we can outfox him."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:58 pm

Jack stopped pacing and listened for the first time he agreed "Robert, part of me inside wants to find him and rip him to shreds but another stronger part is keeping me here " he said and smiled " sounds corny, but I guess its Jess and you guys " he said and looked at them " Robert don't worry I'm not going to go off and go all wear I value my family too much to do that " he said then looked at Brian " I agree normal for the kids sakes, I'm not a tool for him to use " he said as he took a deep breath in " ok back to protecting this family " he said still a little shocked to finding all this out but he knew it was past and he could do nothing to help them. He had his family and they were his present and future.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:04 am

"Good," Robert said. "Jack, I will not let you or your family be hurt or used either one. But I suggest you tell Jess the truth. Brian and I will brief everyone else. Knowledge is the best weapon we have at this point. We'll be okay. I promise. I suggest we get a good night's sleep. He won't let us rest for long. If I were him, I'd be working on trying to eliminate that stone that defeated him today, and that means he has to amp up any attempt he wants to make to take out Khaat. He most likely doesn't know its impossible for her to take that necklace off. He's going to want to either catch us off guard or wear us down. We need to be at full power. I've alerted Lee and the Paris office both that we may need help at any given moment. The best you and Jess can do is to be rested up and in peak condition. Believe me, Brian and I are on this."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:11 am

Jack nodded rubbing the back of his neck " I know you will Robert I trust you implicitly " he said and nodded " she'll know as soon as I walk back up stairs but I will make sure shes alright with it " he said and looked at them both " ok time for rest like you said we got to be ready if he comes back and that last shot took enough out of me, I'm fine now " he chuckled as he thought more on it " I got to be one hundred percent and more " he said and looked at Brian, " I'm gonna swim first then sleep " he knew he would swim with Jess keeping her close to him.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:20 am

Brian went upstairs to check on Khaat, and Kate went downstairs to help Robert. Khaat's fatigue was besting her, and Brian found her asleep outside in a lounge chair beside the pool. He woke her very gently and helped her to bed. She seemed to fall into a dead sleep in seconds. He worried for her. He sat with her and checked on her before he left her, but all he found was fatigue. His mind wondered where the hell James was tonight and how long it would take him to figure it out.

He picked up the journal Remus left for Khaat and began to read it. It mentioned the stones and the large silver ring. He got them out of their hiding place and noticed the filigree in the ring. Something bugged him. He took the stones and poured them on the desk One of the stones fell into one of the filigreed slots in the ring and began to glow. He noticed there were hundreds and hundreds of little stones that were in different colors. He picked up a second stone and put it in the slot. It didnt' glow when he did. He frowned. He took it out of its place and moved the first stone to a different slot and the stone didn't glow in the new place. When he returned it to where it had fallen, it glowed again. Strange. There seemed to be only one proper place for each stone. That frustrated Brian. With hundreds upon hundreds of stones all ths same shape an size, the combinatiosn were in the billions but there was only one right way to get it all correct. At this rate, it might never come together. Brian was silently cursing Remus and Nicolas Flamel for leaving an impossible puzzle. And then there was one after that. Once it was assembled, if it was, what the hell did it do?
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:42 am

Jack took Jess out side and transfigured there clothes to swim wear as he took her into the pool he held her close but his mind was on what he had been told " Jack Its ok I know what they told you " she said and kissed him " I never got on with your mother remember maybe that explains why that was and why she kept disappearing on you" she said softly to him as she held him tight against her.

" I know Jess, guess I expected as much but my brother and sisters how could she do that to them" he said and sighed feeling the water against him as they swam. Jack held Jess close against his chest till he felt her start to weaken. " ok sleep time" he said and moved to the side of the pool and climbed out taking Jess with him back to there room.

Andrew woke needed some thing to drink he passed Brian and Khaats room and saw what to him were beads moving in he climbed up and started to moved them each one he tried to place in a holding ring he clapped lightly as each glowed a little soon he remembered the drink and left the rest beside the ring moving to the kitchen for his cup.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 96 of 100 Previous  1 ... 49 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top