New Day, New Life - Page 10
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

New Day, New Life - Page 10 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

New Day, New Life

Page 10 of 42 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 26 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Day, New Life - Page 10 Empty Re: New Day, New Life

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:26 pm

"That's fine," Robert said. "Enjoy yourselves. Remember, you're muggles here. We're a lot harder to trace if the Ministry cannot trace our magic. I made sure the traces on us were inactivated, but I presume it will only be a matter of time before one of Grindlewald's lackeys reactivate them. Anything in the house is protected. I have cast a shield around the property. But when you're off the property, you really do have to do everything by muggle methods. And--for you guards, it means you will have to go back to carrying handguns in shoulder holsters. Use a backup in an ankle holster. I do have handguns, rifles, amunition, etc, all hidden in the house. I'll show it to you. Don't go out unarmed. Understand me?" Then he looked at Khaat.

"Satisfied? Ready to go back in now?" he asked.

"I think" she said, starting to realize she was exhausted from all the effort.

"I've got it," Brian said. He went over to her and helped her slowly back into the house and put her back to bed on the sofa. "Next time, trust me," he said softly, kissing her forehead.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:36 pm

Steven smiled when Robert said it would be all right for him to take Cassidy to dinner he moved from the car and stood in front of her and looked down " well?" he asked " will you join me for dinner tomorrow?" he asked her.

Cassidy smiled at Steven when he asked her to dinner " sure if you can handle my extra big size " she said and turned side on to show him. She chuckled when he brushed his hand over her tummy and chuckled.

" ow I think I could " he said and he held her close to him from behind. He had not held any woman like he was Cassidy except for Delilah but to him this felt different more as it should have been. He saw Jack grinning at them and just shook his head.

" we should go inside " Cassidy said her cheeks blushing she didn't know whether it was from the heat or his arms around her. She looked at Kate hoping she could help her understand.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:46 pm

On the way in the house, Robert said, "I've put this off long enough. I need to give you all the details. At leasst enough that you have some idea what's going on back home and why we have to run. I'd like you all to grab something to drink if you want it and then sit down. I think we have to have a talk--all of us. You need to know why I've brought you here and how long exactly we might be here."

Kate got up quickly knowing what Robert wanted to tell them. "What do you all want to drink?" she asked.

"Coffee," Khaat said.

"The same," Brian replied.

"Tea, please," Robert said.

"The rest of you?" Kate asked, as she and Angus began to get beverages for everyone.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:56 pm

Steven lead Cassidy inside and sat on the couch refilling her fruit juice drink " we're fine Kate" he said and looked at Robert wanting to know why they were there his hand found Cassidys and held it .

Jack took Jess and sat down " we'll have coffee too " he said and both looked at Robert wanting to know why they had been moved to a tropical paradise. He wanted to say that every one wanted answers and only he could give it to them .
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:17 pm

Kate and Angus passed out the drinks to everyone who had made an order. Brian sat on the edge of the sofa with Khaat, and Robert sat down on a barstool from the breakfast bar, taking his tea mug from Kate. She sat beside him and took his hand.

"The first thing you need to know is that we both love each of you, or you wouldn't be here," she said. "The next thing you need to know is that we brought you here in order to keep you safe. We've seen this coming for awhile, and we've done our level best to protect you in the best way we know how. We realize that it means you've lost some of your freedoms, but we've tried to compensate for that with surrounding you the very finest the world has to offer."

"So why are we running?" Khaat asked.

"Because, my darling," Robert said very gently. "I am not the Acting Minister of Magic anymore."

"What!" she was thunderstruck. She became angry and she was also hurt because she knew her father had honestly cared and had tried.

"Sweetheart," he said softly, "He got it by fraud. Technically, I'm still the Minister. Our laws dont allow for that sort of overthrow, not that it hasn't happened over and over in our history. Gellert Grindlewald has taken control of the wizarding world in England. I had to move you. Forgive me--all of you. It's going to become hideous there. I could not--I would not risk you for that. I have no idea how long this will last. Brian and I will have to periodically make trips back because we still have responsibilities there. I am so sorry that there will be things I cannot share for now. Be assured I have not turned my back on Englad forever. But any response I make has to be carefully calculated or it will either be suicidal or homicidal. I would be causing either my own death or the deaths of a lot of innocent people. And I refuse to do either if I can help it."

"St Mungos! The Wizengamot!..."

"Under control. Please, please trust me, Khaat. I hired an acting director for the hospital. And Jess is the Acting Chief Warlock of the court. All is well there. And all our financial holdings have been moved out of England. Its been moved to a very safe place where only Kate or Brian or I can access them. Now--what questions do you have? I'll answer what I can.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:14 pm

Steven looked at Robert as he spoke his hand feeling Cassidy tighten her grip and he looked at her " its ok Roberts just playing it safe " he told her puling her closer to him . He saw jack stand up and fold his arms across his chest as Jess lent forward.

" so we continue as if you were ?" she asked " my job is clear , look after Khaat and the new children, that I am going to do " she said and sat back in the chair looking at them " and you what now for you will you fight him publicly for your position again?" she asked " and who will stand with you to back you, jess?, Eli?" she looked at Steven and Cassidy then jack and back to them.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:23 pm

Khaat heard clear rebellion and anger in Jess's voice. She figured someone would have to do it.

"I will stand with him," Khaat said softly, but with unyielding, iron firmness. "No matter what."

"As will I," Brian said.

"And so will I," Angus said.

"And me," Kate said. "And Angus, And Thaor, and Michael, and Eve Bostwick--Roberts new secretary...Jess Potter, Matt Lestrange, Sophia Granger, Jemma Tiquelle, and a long, long list of others. Not to mention the men in his organization. He is far, far from alone. And Grindlewald knows it."

"Don't think I won't go toe to toe with him. He's dangerous but not undefeatable. On the list of the world's best, he's only about number 4. Think about it. There was Merlin, then Voldemort, and then Dumbledore, and Voldemort and Dumbledore both defeated him. And we've defeated them. It will be dangerous, but not impossible. I can understand anyone who doesn't want to go this path. That's precisely why I hid you instead. I don't expect anyone to do this with me. I will be forever grateful to those who do, but it doesn't make them any less my friend or my family if they do not." He seemed to be standing firmly on this, just as firmly as Jess's rebellion. He wasn't asking for anything from anyone. If he had to do it alone, then so be it.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:31 pm

Steven stood up feeling Cassidy stand with him " I will too, I stand with Robert I can't say for cassidy " he said and looked at her. In side he hoped she would too.

Cassidy heard Robert and knew she had found where she was meant to be and stood with Steven " I'm with Robert to , unquestioning and loyal even as I am I would fight at his side, he is the only person I would call father because he cares and not just for me but all of you " she said and moved to stand beside Brian taking Steven with her as she watched Jess's face.

Jess heard Robert and nodded adding a smile " as will we " she said and moved forward Jack following behind her. " no matter what happens you can count on jack and I " she said " as Cassidy so put it , unquestioning and loyal to the end" she said looking at them all.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:40 pm

"I hope it won't come to that," Robert said. "You have to think of this as one grand chess game. Grindlewald is not stupid. he won't be taken by brute force. It will have to be very strategic. I am not doing this without forethought. And I'm not doing this without doing everything I can to minimize the risk. Here's the truth of it. I GAVE him the ministry. I had no choice. If I had done anything less, he'd have caused a massacre like our world has never seen. I refuse to see that happen again. The whole battle of Hogwarts? He orchestrated that whole business in order to start to move on his takeover. He's been thinking this up for quite some time. In the meantime, we're laying low. My next move is going to take quite a bit of time to put together and to put into motion. So, until then, I would just prefer I went slinking off with my tail tucked out of embarrassment. I'm fine with that. I"m not fine with what I think is to come back home in England for those who decide to stick it out, but, I am presuing that we will be part of a force to drive him off at some point. Are we clear for now?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:50 pm

Steven, cassidy, Jess and Jack all nodded " quite clear sir " he said and looked at Cassidy " what about when cassidys due is she to have her child here?" he asked " or will this be over buy then" he looked back at Robert. Cassidy stepped forward.

" I don't care where she born, as long as she is safe and in a place she is loved , right here and now this is that place " she said to Steven her arms folded across her chest as she saw him nod and smile at her.

" Good, because I have a feeling this might not be over in time" he said and looked at Robert
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 42 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 26 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top