New Day, New Life - Page 26
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

New Day, New Life - Page 26 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

New Day, New Life

Page 26 of 42 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 34 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Day, New Life - Page 26 Empty Re: New Day, New Life

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:40 pm

The instructor was pleased they had done so well on their first times out and encouraged to them to try again. Brian got back on the board and paddled back outa considerable length. Once he was out there, he managed to get up on the board and the second he was up on the board in a standingg position, a huge wave seemed to spring up out of nowhere and seemed to swallow him whole. The next thing he knew, he was being shoved under the water by what seemed to be endless pounds of pressure that he could not fight against. For a few seconds, he truly believe he was going to drown. He was already taking water into his lungs and swallowing it., and fighting to make his way back to the surface.

He sprang back up, coughing and choking and gasping for air.

"You alright, Bro?" the instructor asked. "That was a nasty wipeout. You need a minute?"

Brian shook his head no, still coughing and gasping for air.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:41 pm

Jack saw Brian go under and moved as close as he could seeing him surface he moved to steady his board so he could get back on. Steven sat on the other side of the instructor " you should rest swallowing sea water can lead to complications, so I heard, like secondary drowning " he looked at him knowing Brian knew what he was doing " but I guess you know more than I do " he said and looked a little embarrassed.

Jack looked at Steven " hes right at least take a moment then try again " he said " we'll wait with you " he said and looked at the instructor as if to say they were not budging till they knew Brian was all right. He saw him sigh and gave a soft groan as he saw Steven move to Brian's other side. " that is what I am afraid will happen to me " Jack said as he sat on his board floating. " though it is nice out here"
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:56 pm

"Go beach yourself for a few minutes, Bro," the instructor told Brian firmly. "They're right. I do not need you having health problems. What are you? Some sort of military man or something?"

"Yeah," he coughed. He looked up to see Robert walking out towards them. Robert was wearing white jeans and a blue shirt. He was headed towards Brian.

"What'd you do?" he asked.

"Kate send you?" he said, still struggling.

"Of course. COme with me for a few moments. I think I can help you feel better."

"This takes sometimes a couple of days, Bro," The instructor told Robert.

"Perhaps," Robert said. "Perhaps its just his asthma." Brian almost scowled at Robert. Brian did not have asthma, but it was a way to cover Robert's use of magical skills.

"You're a doctor?"

"I am," Robert replied. "And his father in law. I'm going to borrow him for a moment. He'll be back." He led Brian back to the house.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:06 pm

Steven chuckled as Robert said Asthma to Brian " ow yeah hes the best around " he said as he sat on his board in the surf " don;'t worry Brian we'll wait for you " he said and moved to shore where after placing his board in the sand and sat down to wait. Jack though had other ideas and swum back out to catch another wave, and he caught one it took him hard and fast again he managed to crouch up on his board then he managed it if only for a minuet till he was knocked off and he hit the water feeling the bottom he pushed up to the surface and laughed " I did it , well not for long but I did it " he said and climbed back up on his board.and sat watching them on shore.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:23 pm

"That's the way," the instructor said. "Some more practice and you'll be catching the big waves. There are some better places here to catch the really big waves, but you're not ready for that. You need to learn how to catch the little ones before you catch the big ones. You give up, Red?" he asked Steven.

Meanwhile, Robert took Brian back into the house.

"Is he okay?" Khaat asked.

"He's fine. He just got a chest full of water," Robert said. "Sit down, Brian." Brian obeyed, and Robert checked him carefully and then put one hand on his back and one on his chest and drew off the fluids that were causing Brian so much distress. Brian felt his breathinng clear up almost immediately.

"Better?" Robert asked.

"Much," Brian said. "Thank you. Can I go back out?"

"You'd better at least give it a few minutes so it looks like a legitimate muggle asthma attack. Then you can go," Robert laughed. Brian sighed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:41 pm

Jack smiled and looked back at the waves " you mean they get bigger ?" he asked some what sounding like a school boy" he looked back at Steven and chuckled " yeah come on Steven give it ago its not that bad , and you so know Brian will be alright with Robert " he watched him take the board out of the sand and enter the water again and over to the instructor.

" ok what do I do?" he asked " so I don't fall off the board" he asked as he sat straddling the bard bobbing in the water and taking a deep breath as he suddenly went up and came down.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:51 pm

"Dont tell me that a big brave man like you gets seasick on a surf board," The instructor frowned. "Just sit for a bit and get your center of balance. Once you have that, you bounce up to a crouching position and then stand. You need some martial arts or something. You need to learn where your center of balance is.

"As for bigger waves? Oh, yeah! The good ones sometimes get 50 foot tall. It gets a lot bigger," he laughed. "Watch and learn."

The instructor took his own board out and then when he thought he had a good wave, he snapped up to a crouch and then stood tall on the board, his form becoming something that was just automatic for him. It let him ride out the wave until it fell enough that he had to give up the wave he'd been on.

"Something like that---eventually," he told them.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:00 am

Jack smiled and nodded " wow nice " he said and looked at Steven " hay mate you do martial arts use that to add to your surfing" he said and patted Stevens back as he went back out on his board and tried again this time he made it a bit further in shore.

Steven sighed and headed back out turning inshore he caught a wave at first he lay on his stomach as the wave carried him then using his martial arts he stood up his arms out as she shifted his weight first left then right as he passed the instructor he smiled and waved." your right martial arts training does help" he said as he hit the shore.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:11 am

"Much better," the instructor laughed. "You might just make a surfer yet. Can you do it twice today? And what about you?" he looked at Jack. "Can you find your center of balance? Or do we have to send you to a martial arts class in order for you to learn where to find it? Maybe you need to work out with his instructor." He gestured at Steven.

"That would be me," Brian said, returning. "Well, for some things. Not the martial arts stuff. Alright, Jack, do I need to take you out on my board with me? Or shall Steven do it?"

"You didn't last the wave out yourself, Bro. You almost drowned. Try it again," the instructor said.

"Gladly," Brian said, picking up his board. He knew the fact that he had been basically ambushed from behind by a larger wave was not his fault, but neither was he the kind to make excuses for his mistakes either. He took the board out and made a successful run on his board.

"Good job!" The instructor said. "Being able to breath at the end of the wave is generally a good thing."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:21 am

Jack watched Steven and sighed he heard Brian and could not help but smirk " give me a minuet mate " he said taking another deep breath in moving to beside Steven he looked at him.

" just follow my lead " he said and waited for another wave , seeing it he lay on his board , jack did the same and let the wave take his board moving it beside Steven " now crouch " he said jack followed " arms out and half stand " Steven called seeing a jack half way he smiled " not bad push up a little more use your legs and balance " he was now stood upright his arms down at his side as he moved around Jack " its easy" he said heading a head of Jack who after a moment fell off again.coming back up he cursed loudly.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 42 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 34 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top