New Day, New Life - Page 34
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

New Day, New Life - Page 34 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

New Day, New Life

Page 34 of 42 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 38 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Day, New Life - Page 34 Empty Re: New Day, New Life

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:19 am

"Yes," Robert replied. "If you sleep heavily now, even if its for a short time, you'll find you don't rest as well at night. That will cause longer term sleep deprivation effects later on. You might not feel it the first night, but it will cause you to want to sleep more tomorrow, and more the day after that, and so on. Before long, you'll find you're up at night and sleeping all day during the day. That is not the schedule that you want your child on, I don't believe. So you ought to be setting your own body to function as you want your child to function later. I do understand the fatigue. Resting is fine. Sleeping is not such a good thing until bedtime."

Kate got up and she and Angus cleared the table and put away the leftovers. She took care of doing up the dishes and cleaning the kitchen while he went out and made sure that there were no signs of the pork roasting they had done that day. He wanted to be certain the mess was completely cleaned up.

Khaat and Brian came in after about 30 minutes in the pool. They were laughing and smiling and seemed to be relaxed and in a good mood.

"If you'll excuse us, we need to go dry off," Brian smiled. "Give us just a few minutes." They went down the hall to the bedroom to change.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:38 am

Steven nodded he agreed with Robert making a note to keep her to it from now on. Cassidy looked at Robert and took it all in she wanted to know all she needed.

" ok, do you have any books that I could read?" she asked as one floated to her with Jess not far behind it smiling.

"Read this book, it explains a lot to first time mothers , you have what we have told you, but this explains the basics in a better way, if you have any questions after that Robert and I would be happy to answer them" she smiled and took a glass of juice back into the living room as she left Cassidy with the book.

Cassidy opened the boo to the first page and looked at the contents page and sighed " I have a lot of reading to do " she said and chuckled as she moved to the now clear table and sat down placing her drink in front of her as she read. she only glanced up as she heard Khaat and Brian coming in from the pool and she smiled at them finding them being relaxed helped her relax.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:51 am

OOC: Moving to the next morning.

Brian woke early to go on his morning run and found Khaat's side of the bed empty. He jolted awake, springing out of bed. He checked the cribs. The newborns were all fast asleep. He flew down the hallway and checked the girls room. They were fine. Fast asleep. He dashed back to the room and started to investigate.

The bathroom told him she had showered. Her closet said she had dressed. There was a dress missing. Heels. Some of her jewelry. Anger began to replace his fear. He went to the kitchen to find Angus just arriving there, yawning and starting to make coffee and tea for the morning. Brian went to the cabinet and started checking for car keys. There was a set missing. The set to the red sportscar. He went to the garage and found the car was gone. His anger just kept building. Where the hell had she gone before daylight and without a single word. He stormed back in.

"You didn't see Khaat, did you?" he asked Angus.

"Uh...no...wait. Here's a note. It reads: Angus, dont' hold breakfast for me. I'll be back by lunch. K."

"I'm gonna kill her," Brian said angrily.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:58 am

Steven rolled to hold Cassidy as he woke knowing she had slept the whole night deeply he heard voices angry ones and slipped from the bed out into the kitchen " hay Brian whats wrong I heard you all the way at the back of the house " he asked as he pulled on his tee shirt his hair still a mess but with one quick swipe of his fingers he had it under control. He saw the look on his face and sighed " khaat?" he said poring a cup of coffee for himself as he yawned " ow morning Angus " he said giving him a nod.

Jack was the next to arrive he rubbed his hand over his head and rubbed his eyes " morning all " he said " whats the commotion about?" he asked wearing black swim shorts and nothing else but a towel draped over his shoulder. "Was about to take my morning swim any one want to join me or is there something wrong ?" he asked seeing Brian's worried and angry look. " want I should wake Robert and Kate?" he asked looking at Brian.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:40 pm

"I'm going to go kill my wife," Brian hissed angrily. "Let her parents sleep. I'll take care of this myself." He read the note again. "Dont hold breakfast, huh? We'll see about that. It appears she took off in one of the cars. Clearly before daylight, since its not light yet. She hasn't been given medical clearance to drive, no note about where she was going, no waking me up...nothing. I'm going to go find her."

"Here," Angus handed him a cup of conjured coffee in a travel mug. "You might need it."

"Oh trust me, I'm very well awake now," Brian said. "You all stay here in case she comes back. I'm taking a muggle cell phone with me. If I need you, I want to be able to call back here. I presume someone here knows how to use a muggle telephone." He headed out the door, trying hard not to slam the door on the way out to the garage.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:55 pm

Steven sighed and nodded he had not seen him this worked up for a long time and he took out of his pocket a small flip phone and opened it copying down the number he closed it then handed him a piece of paper " my cell number " he said " call it if you have to" he slipped the phone back in his pocket then looked at Angus " so what did you make ?" he asked smelling the coffee he's made. Jack watched the two of them and wondered what the muggle phones were for but he realized and folded his arms across his chest.

" if you need ether of us let us know and we'll come quickly" he said as Jess walked over in a robe rubbing her eyes a little. She sighed and shook her head.

" Khaat" was all she said as she moved into the kitchen returning with juice " Brian go get her Robert will flip if he finds out she left with out his clearance, but stay safe" she said
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:15 pm

Brian drove for what felt like hours. He finally ended up in a rather elegant cluster of shops. He needed to get some gas for the car, and as he pulled around the corner of the filling station, he saw the red sportscar parked in a parking lot just outside a bistro. He parked his car and went inside.

To his absolute shock, he saw Khaat there, but she had a uniform on and an apron and was waiting on customers behind a bakery counter. He waited, to avoid interrupting the customers and then when they were gone, he went over to her.

"Buy something," she mumbled at him. "Come look at the muffins." He walked to the other end of the counter away from the other employees and pretended to lean a bit over the glass to get a good look at the pastries.

"What the hell are you doing?" he hissed in her ear.

"Working," she said. "I got a job. I made a muggle ID and got a job."

"I presume that's why your ID tag says your name is Irena."

"I am Irena Harrington. And I am newly moved here."

"Why are you working?" he demanded.

"My medical leave is officially over. I declare myself quite well. I'm a pastry chef. I think I can handle it."

"I have no doubt about your cooking skills, but what the hell are you doing this for? We dont' need the money."

"I need to work!" she fairly exploded at him.

"Would you care to discuss this with me?"

"Not until my break--in 30 minutes."

"I'll bloody well wait! Can you manage to serve me something in the meantime?"

"I'd be glad to," she smiled. "What would you like?"

"I don't care!" he said, nearly coming unglued.

"Kona and pineapple scones with turbinado sugar it is," she smiled pleasantly. She handed him a number tag from the spindle on the pastry case. "Coming right up, Sir," she said with an enchanting smile. "Have a seat wherever you like." He took in a deep breath, to reel in his anger and took a seat by the window where he could watch out the window and keep an eye on her at the same time. He dialed Steven's number on the cell phone. When Steven answered, Brian said very quietly. "I found her. She seems to be fine. And she seems to be employed. I have no idea what posessed her, but I'm staying until I find out."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:24 pm

Steven heard his phone go and answered it to his relief and those in the room he heard Brian say he had found her " that's great but what the hell is she doing working ?" he asked but then went quiet " never mine , ok I know Robert will notice she's not here when he gets up though Brian" he said worried when Brian said he was staying till he found out he sighed " ok stay safe " he said and closed the phone down and looked at them all " she's working why, he has no clue but hes staying with her till he finds out" he said and sat down on a chair relived he and she were safe.

Jess breathed out on hearing the new then she heard the babies crying and moved to change and feed them she found Cassidy there in her night dress already changing one and she stared on Robert as Julia was content to lay looking at the toys over her as they spun on the side of the crib she lay in.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:45 pm

Kate came out of the bedroom and into the kitchen and poured two cups of tea. "Robert is coming. He overslept just a bit. He worked late last night." She looked at the people in the kitchen and sighed. "Alright. Give. Where are my children?" she demanded.

Brian sat and waited, sipping on the Kona and actually enjoying the pineapple scones with the dusting of turbinado sugar on the tops. A thin woman with mousy brown hair came and gave Khaat her break, praising her for the excellent job she had done so far on her first shift. Khaat poured herself a mug of coffee. She asked permission to go join her husband, pointing to Brian. The woman seemed to become genuinely excited. She followed Khaat to the table.

"So you're Irena's husband? I'm Jana. Jana Jameson. People call me JJ. Irena is a true joy, and I cannot tell you what a blessing she was, coming in like she did this morning. I needed the help in the worst way. Irena, your husband's order is on the house," the woman said.

"Jana! Thank you," Khaat smiled.

"That's just what family does, my dear," she said lightly. "Take an extra few minutes. You deserve it." She walked away from them.

"Alright, level with me," he said to Khaat softly. "What is this all about?"

"I'm used to working, Brian," she said gently. "Being at home was making me really edgy. I needed to work for the change of pace."

"You couldn't talk to me?" he asked.

"You'd have said no."

"You're damned right!" he said. "You're not up to this! How can I just walk away from you here?"

"It's only 3 mornings a week. 12 hours a week. Just part time."

"I can't just leave here without you. You're not up to all this."

"She's looking for someone to do some lawn and garden work outside. Why don't you do that for a couple hours until I get off." He sighed heavily and then reluctantly agreed. Khaat got Jana, and Brian talekd to her about doing the yard work for the bistro. Jana was so grateful and said she hadn't been able to get to it since her husband died. Brian agreed to do it for free. Then he set out to mow the grass, trim the trees and the bushes and weed the flowerbeds while Khaat worked. He wasn't leaving until he felt he had an adequate explanation from her.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:24 am

Steven Looked at Kate and sighed as he moved to stand in front of her " it seems Khaat took of this morning it appears shes found her self a job working for a woman in town hes staying with her till she gives him a reason as to why shes done this , hes phoned me on my muggle phone and there both safe. " he said looking at her hoping she would not blow a fuse on him or any one else around though there was only him and jack in the room.

Jess quickly changed Robert and moved to Julia while Cassidy fed the boys and burped them placing both of them back in their cribs and sat down. Jess looked at her and smiled " go and dress then get some food " she said and moved to walk to the kitchen her self she saw Kate " good morning Kate " she said softly then looked at her .
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 42 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 38 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top