New Day, New Life - Page 33
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

New Day, New Life - Page 33 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

New Day, New Life

Page 33 of 42 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 37 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Day, New Life - Page 33 Empty Re: New Day, New Life

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:49 am

Angus made quick work of taking the rest of the pork off the bone and hoped Steven could come back. He had another six roasters full of pork.

"Steven!" he shouted. "Come get this and bring Jack with you! We're not done here!"

Robert picked up Abbey, and Brian helped Khaat up to her feet. Once she was up, he picked up Dakota and ordered Khaat to take his arm. They moved out to the table outside. Robert was securing Abbey in her high chair. He took Dakota from Brian and put her in her high chair while Brian helped Khaat sit down.

"Oh, this smells incredible," Khaat smelled the pork. "I don't think I have ever tasted this pork recipe. I can't wait."

"I'll help you make a plate," Brian laughed. "You're entitled to be hungry." He looked at Robert, who was fixing plates for the little girls.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:55 am

Cassidy chuckle and sat down as she saw jack come running from the pool area at the smell of food .

" I'm here Angus just got a little caught up with Cassie. " He shouted as jack cam running, Steven picked up another roaster while jack waited with a fresh one and together they stared a production line, swapping each time with new rosters for the meat " how much more?" Steven asked " the smells got my tummy rumbling to try it mate" he said returning as Jack shuttled another roaster inside filled with meat.

Jess watched and looked at Cassidy she chuckled seeing the sooty hand print on her face. " You should clean that off Cassidy" she said and saw her shake her head.

" nope Steven says in a native American tribe I'm considered married to him with this on" she said and chuckled smiling at her as Jess chuckled herself and shook her head lightly.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:04 am

"Looks like there are going to be a total of nine roasters, heaped as high as I can get 'em," Angus said. "That's counting the three that Steen already took. I can make a lot of use of it in various things for awhile, or freeze it and use it later. I think we can put it all on the second table except one. I dont' think we need more than one roaster at a time. I did try to buy a small pig, but there was a lot of meat. You'd be surprised how many of the local recipes call for some sort of pork in it. And you'll all be surprised at how I can use pork without you all getting sick of it in leftovers. You'll still be eating the finest in the islands, I promise."

Brian went over and picked up one of the roasters and put it on the dining table. He helped Khaat by fixing a plate for her. Robert cut the savory, tender pork into tiny finger sized bites for the girls and put little bowls down in front of each of them and poured them sippy cups of juice.

"It looks great," Robert said, as he and Kate took a seat. "I wasn't sure I was hungry, but the truth of it is that I"m starving. What are you going to do after dinner?" he asked Brian.

"I'm going to take a swim in the moonlight," Brian said. "I really want to enjoy that pool after dinner."

"So do it. I think we can handle the children so you can swim," Robert said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:10 am

Steven looked back at the kitchen " ok so we have four inside he and jack quickly carried the rest inside till there was nine he took out another just to be on the safe side " this is number ten Angus and I don't doughy you'll do loads of wonderful dishes with it " he said and smiled back at Cassidy as he waited for Angus to finish. Jack stood with them looking down at the now stripped pig in the hole.

" wow that was a small one I would hate to see a big one " he said and chuckled " or meet one in a dark ally by the looks of things " he said " if you don't need me any more there's some pork with my name on it " he said and moved back to the table and sat with Jess.

" I'm gonna have to wash up first before I eat , but make sure you get it all it smells so good " he said slipping a small piece if meat from the roaster " wow that's good meat Angus well done" he said finishing it. He was tempted to take another but choose not to till he'd washed up and changed.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:08 am

Angus wiped his hands off on a towel and joined them at the dinner table. He made sure everyone had gotten a chance to get things passed to them. He filled his own plate and watched as Robert and Kate took their first forkfuls of pork.

"Angus, this is divine," Kate smiled. "Any local would be proud to serve this. Well done, Lad. You've outtdone yourself. What a treat. Thank you. It brings back so many wonderful memories to us. Thanks."

"I'm always honored to be able to serve, Kate," Angus said. "I'm glad you enjoy it."

"I've never had this before, but I think it could become one of my favorites," Khaat said. "If we ever get home again, can you make it there?"

"Probably," he said.

"We'll get home, Khaat," Robert said. "I don't know when but we will. I swear. Now tell me, Did you do dessert too Angus?"

"Of course I did," he grinned.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:31 pm

Steven quickly washed and changed and returned to the table siting next to Cassidy as he kissed her cheek taking a damp cloth he wiped her cheek " its still there to me " he said softly to her and she lent against him as she ate some pork with a few of the side dishes. he placed a bit more meat on her plate. " its good for you and the baby " he said as he watched her eat it. Once finished he saw her yawn and sit back once more against him.

" ow excuse me, eating all this lovely foods is making me very sleepy" she said and smiled at them all " but I'm going to stay because I would like to try Angus dessert " she said holding her hand over her mouth as she yawned once more as she looked at Jess and jack who were sat like she and Steven one arm wrapped around her waist and leaning on each other.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:02 pm

When dinner was finished, Angus served a new recipe he had created. It was a beautiful haupia coconut torte with a lovely cream filling. It looked good enough to be served in the very finest hotel in the world. And he served it with a pot of Kona coffee.

Khaat was amazed at the beauty of the presentation of the new torte. It looked like it was going to be heavy and very rich. But it was elegant and sweet and light. She fell in love with it.

"I hope you don't ever think of working for anyone else but us," Khaat said, savoring every little crumb of it.

"I won't. Don't worry. You're stuck with me," he laughed.

"You have to stop doing this," Brian said.

"Doing what?"

"Cooking us 5 star cuisine at every meal. You'll make me need to give you a raise," Brian replied.

"Oh darn," Angus laughed, with mock sarcasm.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:31 pm

Steven chuckled as he heard the banter around the table he found it relaxing and felt Cassidy lean more on him and he looked down at her and saw her eyes half closing as she tried to finish her desert. " ok Cassie nap time , if you'll excuse us please some one needs to take a nap " he said and helped her to her feet.

Cassidy looked at then and smiled " sorry guys " she said and stood up sleepily she yelped when Steven scooped her up in his arms and held her there " ow such a gentleman" she said and laughed lightly as he carried her to her room she could not help as they were out of sight she rested heavily against him closing her eyes soon she fell asleep not even realizing when he placed her in bed to sleep.

Steven walked back to the kitchen and sat down " she was out for the count before I set her in bed " he said " I think she just over did it " he took some desert and smiled " very nice Angus you have to teach me how to make this " he said and ate every last bit smiling.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:39 pm

"Napping for her at this time of day isn't good for her if she sleeps very long," Robert said. "It is nearly 7 pm. She'd be better off either napping for a short time period or going to bed early. If she sleeps very long now, she won't sleep tonight. It will throw her sleep schedule off too much. "

"Daddy, could I go in the water with Brian?" Khaat asked.

"If you're careful, then yes," he said. She looked at Brian.

"So what are we waiting for?" she asked. He laughed. He helped her up from the table and merely transfigured their clothes to swimsuits and he led her to the pool and helped her in.

"Robert,..." Kate began.

"I know, and I"m not going to change her. Let her go, Kate. I'm watching and so is Brian. It'll be alright."

"You'd better be," Kate frowned at him.

"Don't worry. I've got it under control," he told her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:03 am

Steven listened to Robert and nodded " I let her know so she can adjust her sleeping pattern " he said but much to his surprise after ten minuets Cassidy walked back in to the kitchen in her feet bare as she walked.

"Sorry about that, I tried to sleep, but realized as tired as I am I would not sleep later. " she said and picked up a cup of coffee but at almost the same time put it back down taking a glass of fruit juice instead and looked at Robert then back at Steven " I'm fine I just I need to re-enforce my sleep routine, won't sleep till later " she stood leaning on the counter a she sipped the cool juice she held." Robert, am I right in saying I need to keep my sleep patterns as normal as I can?" she asked after he had finished talking to Khaat she sipped her juice.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 42 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 37 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top