New Day, New Life - Page 37
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

New Day, New Life - Page 37 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

New Day, New Life

Page 37 of 42 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Day, New Life - Page 37 Empty Re: New Day, New Life

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:36 pm

"Its only 12 hours a week," Khaat said. "Four hours, three mornings a week, from 6 am until 10 am. That's all. I really don't think, given their sleep schedule, that I'm missing that much while they're sleeping almost that entire time. Are you saying I'm neglecting my children?"

"Khaat," Brian laid his hand on hers. "Nobody's saying that. You're a good mother. You are pushing a bit, though. Look, how about going outside with me after lunch and just talking with me about this? After all, I really would like you to catch me up a bit. I just woke up this morning and found you gone. No wored, nothing. Can't we just talk about it?"

Kate looked at Khaat and saw clearly how her daughter was feeling. She was feeling increasingly boxed into a corner on this whole thing. It was making Khaat want to withdraw from them instead of bonding them to her.

"Just give him 5 minutes, Khaat," Kate smiled reassuringly. "That's all. 5 minutes."

"Alright," she said softly.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:49 pm

Steven looked at Khaat " no Khaat your not a bad mother in fact your a great mother, I ... Roberts right your just pushing your self and we care about you that we say it " he said " I didn't mean for it to sound like I was criticizing you in any way not that way " he said and looked at Robert but then finished his food quiet.

Cassidy lent on Steven sliding her hand into his under the table and smiling at him to tell hm she knew what he meant. Leaning closer to him she whispered " she's just tired " she said then kissed his cheek lightly.

Jess had sat quiet letting Robert talk she felt she had nothing to add she could feel Khaats frustrations and she thought it at the right time would have been good for Khaat to get out and work for even she was feeling the cabin fever creeping in to her feelings. Though she painted and crafted in the sun room she still felt she needed to be out even just shopping witch she had discussed with Jack about doing that afternoon.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:56 pm

When Khaat was done with lunch, she quietly excused herself and checked on the triplets. They were sleeping. Their diapers were dry, and all appeared well. Brian simply followed her into the bedroom and closed the door. He only wanted a few minutes with her. He was not her enemy, and he wanted her to know it.

"She does understand," Kate said to Steven. "But she's used to working three jobs. Going to not working is really getting to her. She wants to feel useful. She feels confined. She wants to feel like she has some sort of purpose. She misses exercising like she used to do with Brian--at the strong pace she used to do with him. She's not done it for the better part of a year now. Robert, what about renting a boat for the day and going dolpin watching? That might be good for everyone."

"Depends on whether Cassidy gets seasick or not," Robert laughed. "But, yes. it would be a good thing. Getting out of the house, getting some fresh air, maybe some great photos of some dolphins leaping up in the air. Would make some great wizarding photos. What do the rest of you think?"

"I think if we want to go, I can arrange it," Angus grinned.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:20 pm

Steven looked at Kate and smiled " thanks " he said and then looked at Cassidy chuckling as Robert said about her being sea sick.

" hey wasn't my fault... the boat rocked " she said and pouted but smiled as she came around to the idea " I think some sea air would be great ..and no I won't get sea sick " she said and chuckled moving Steven's arm to around her shoulders and rested against him " besides I like dolphins I think there cool mammals"

Steven smiled and kissed her cheek gently as she moved his arm around her " great I can do some fishing off he boat too" Steven said liking the Idea if some relaxing fishing.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:29 pm

"Great! I'll set it up for tomorrow...no, wait. Its going to rain tomorrow. The weather is calling for thunderstorms. And Khaat works the morning after that. No doubt she'll be tired when she gets home. How about...."

"That's Friday," Robert said. "Set it up for Friday. I'll make sure she can go. I'm working on a tonic for her to help boost her energies a bit. She might nap on the way out to the offshore site where the dolphins are, but she'll be alright otherwise. Cassidy and Jess, can I entrust you to get the children ready for their first trips on ship? Yes, we will take all the kids. I will make sure you have carriers for the triplets and I will also make sure that all the kids have lifejackets and all the rest. You just pack what they'd normally need for a day out, and I'll handle all the rest of it so that we keep them safe onboard. Angus, get us a proper ship, please."

"I can call my brothers as crew?"

"You certainly may," Robert said. "I want to know we can trust our crew."

"Consider it done," Angus said, his mind already thinking of what he needed to do to prepare a day out for a minimum of 14 people. "I'd suggest the rest of you make sure you have plenty of film for your wizard cameras, and the rest of your gear for a day out."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:47 pm

Steven pulled Cassidy closer to him " sure thing Robert " he said and looked at Cassidy " do you get sea sick?" he asked her and felt a thump from her.

" no I do not, that was a one off " she said chuckling to her self as she rested against him as he finished her lunch.

Jess chuckled as she stood up " I'll make them ready on time Robert , life jackets for all babies " she said and looked at Cassidy " and new mothers too " she said and placed her hand on Cassidys shoulder " I know Steven would so do the gantlet thing and dive in to save you but still , you Cassidy will wear a life preserver" she said as she moved to the sink hearing Cassidy chuckle at her words.

" hey the oceans cold you know" Steven said witch incurred a thump from Cassidy " ouch " he said and chuckled " ow of course I would dear " he said
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:42 pm

"I'll let you handle it," Robert said, feeling that Jess might be being a bit over protective. "I do have some things to do. If you'll all excuse me. Great lunch, Angus. Thank you." He refilled his tea mug and went back downstairs to his office. He knew most of the others well enough to know that despite muggle rules about wearing life jackets, wizards did have the ability to simply apparate out of the water, and didn't have the danger that muggles did, generally. He was going to eave it alone. If Cassidy didn't mind feeling a bit like the odd one out, and a bit like the babies by wearing a life jacket, that was fine with him. He had only mentioned the life jackets for the babies because they didn't have the abilities yet to apparate themselves out of the water if something happened.

Kate knew that Robert was going to be obsessed with working on Grindlewald and trying to oust him out of the ministry as long as Grindlewald held the Minister's office. She was also hoping that Khaat and Brian could come to a truce over the whole notion of her working for a few hours every week.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:29 pm

Steven chuckled at the thought of Cassidy in a life vest " ow very sexy attire dear " he said and got a second thump from her and he chuckled .

" hay safety first mister" she said and faced Jess " thank you Jess I wouldn't feel safe aperating while I'm carrying my child" she said shifting as the baby shifted inside her " ow I think this kids got a liking for my bladder that's twice she's kicked it " she said and chuckled .

Jess chuckled too " they do that " she said as she gathered the things they would need for the boat trip two small life vests and a adult sized one for Cassidy she smiled seeing how comfortable Steven and her were together she could feel they were in love with each other even if they didn't admit it to each other yet,
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:45 pm

Kate frowned slightly looking at Cassidy. There were no known risks with apparating while pregnant. Not if one could apparate beforehand. She did not understand where all this incredible fear was coming from for her. She'd seen a lot of first time mothers, but Cassidy was beyond having normal first time mother's nerves. She decided to go do the laundry for everyone and keep herself occupied.

"I'll be down in the basement doing the laundry," Kate said quietly. "Five babies and nine adults makes for a lot of laundry just even in a single day. I think I'll go get on it." She poured herself a cup of Robert's chocolate tea and went downstairs.

Angus diverted himself to the kitchen and began making up a mixture to freeze for a large freezerful of mocha ice cream. There wasn't enough coffee in it to hurt anyone. Just enough to flavor it. He decided he was going to make an Asian pork stirfry for dinner, using whole wheat soba noodles and the freshest vegetables he could find, along with a delicious sweet and tangy Asian sauce he knew he could make up fairly quickly. He wanted to make Chinese almond cookies but decided against it because of the nuts. They would have to live with the cookies he had made yesterday.

In the meantime, he contacted his brothers about the ship and asked them to take care of their every need. His brothers agreed to portkey to them by dinnertime in order to make it the most luxurious cruise of their lives. Angus agreed. There were spare bedrooms left, and his brothers wouldn't mind sharing one. And they were bringing a four person additional crew, all of whom were members of the organization--in order to keep things secure. They would be sharing two more bedrooms. A 7 person crew. That should take care of it adequately. He was pleased to know he'd be sailing with his family again.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:27 pm

Steven looked at Cassidy " you do know its safe even in pregnancy , there's nothing to say aperating is dangerous " he said to her and nodded " that book said nothing wrong with it besides didn't you do it to get here?" he reminded her and saw the look on her face.

Cassidy looked at him and sighed " so I did " she said and looked at Jess " I'm not going to need that vest Jess" she said and smiled to Steven and sighed " I need to start thinking about things first " she said and lent on him again .

Jess heard her but slipped it in the bag just to be on the safe side " ok Cassidy " she said and placed the bag down in the living room ready for the next day when they would leave for the ship and the dolphin watch witch she was looking forward to . Next she checked her camera finding it low on film she changed it and placed it in the bag where she could find it.

Jack walked over to her " all done?" he asked and saw her nod he kissed her and sat down .
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 42 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top