New Day, New Life - Page 38
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

New Day, New Life - Page 38 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

New Day, New Life

Page 38 of 42 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Day, New Life - Page 38 Empty Re: New Day, New Life

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:46 pm

Kate looked at the mountain of laundry in front of her in the laundry room and flicked her wand, commanding it to sort itself. Laundry began flying in every direction in the laundry room, sorting itself into piles for washing. It seemed to only take a moment to sort itself, and then Kate put a load of baby things into the washer with the gentler baby detergent and the fabric softener to do the baby laundry first. Kate laughed seeing just how much laundry 5 babies could go through in just a couple of days.

She walked over to Robert's potions lab and found him hard at work. He was brewing something that smelled horrible. "What the devil are you brewing?" she frowned.

"A very advanced polyjuice potion," he told her. "I did enchant the lab so that the odor of this foul stuff would not penetrate farther than the lab itself. You didn't smell it before you came in, did you?"

"No," she replied. "You don't think you'll have to use that, do you?"

"I hope not. This version is completely untried. It could be utterly deadly. I just don't know. This is only a measure of the last resort. And to make matters worse, it is immensely complicated. I don't see anyone else crazy enough to even try this."

"Do you want me to bring the hair?"

"No. Not yet. Its not nearly ready. How's Angus doing with the arrangements for Friday?"

"Good. He's bringiing a full crew. It sounds like he's doing this all 5 star."

"Of course he is. I'm sure he'll provide enough that if we want to stay out a day or two, we'll have more than enough."

"Then I should pack a couple of days worth for us?"

"Yes, please," Robert said. "There's enough stress in this household that maybe if they get out into the open spaces, out onto the open sea, they'll quit going after each other. I'd personally like to see us take the weekend--Friday, Saturday and Sunday. If Khaat didn't have to work on Monday, there would be no hurry in going back."

"Well, she's only done one shift. Its not like it would hurt her if she quit."

"No, it has to be her choice," Robert said.

Meanwhile, while Khaat and Brian were talking, the muggle cell phone in her purse rang. She summoned it to her and answered it. It was one of the servers. The owner had been in a car accident and had been rushed to the hospital. The servers were beside themselves. Someone had to go cook and take care of the shift. Khaat replied she would be right there.

"Angus!" Brian called. He looked back at Khaat. "Not again. Not today, and not alone. Angus is an executive five star chef. We're going to do this right. I know you want to help, but we're not going to do this like this."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:57 pm

Steven heard Brian call for Angus and stood up moving to Khaat and Brian's room " everything ok Brian?" he asked folding his arms across his chest as he looked in. Jess had heard him also and walked down to the room.

" all packed Steven " she asked as she drew close she saw the look on his face and he shook his head " I would suggest now seeing Cassidys room is next to yours "

Steven looked at Brian and headed to quickly pack for a few nights and days away leaving Jess looking at them she felt Khaats worry and her urgency to get out and back to the cafe " something wrong Khaat?" she asked softly.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:04 pm

"The owner of the bistro has been taken by ambulance to the hospital. She was in a car accident. There is no chef, and they're really being slammed by customers. I..just can't do nothing," Khaat said. Brian tossed Angus the keys.

"I'll go," Angus said.

"I want to come," Khaat responded.

"Don't drive with me. Come separately. Once we have it under control, you come back," Angus said. "You're too tired. You're not up to working a full shift. Jess, do you think you can help in a bistro kitchen?"

Brian accio'd another set of keys, one of the SUV's. "Who is coming? I'll drop you off. If Khaat is going by herself, I'll stay with her myself."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:11 pm

Jess listened and looked at Angus as he asked her if she wouldn't mind helping in the bistro " no problems Angus" she said and changed her clothes as she waited with Angus " lets go and do this , it will be a change " she said and smiled she stood waiting she looked at Jack who smiled and moved to Brian " I'll come i can wash dishes " he said " cassidy and Steven can look after the babies they need the practice anyway " he said and heard Steven give a " hay" from his room.

" We'll stay Khaat, don't worry, cassidy can't do much in her condition, I don't mind babysitting. " Steven said walking over to them a tee shirt in his left hand and one of Cassidys bras in the other he quickly hid them behind his back.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:23 pm

"Thank you," Khaat said.

"Take two cars," Brian instructed. "I don't want Khaat staying any longer than to get you all adjusted, introduced and working. She's just not medically ready for it."

"I'll be fine, Brian," Khaat kissed him.

"You're not driving, though." He handed the keys to Jack. "You drive. Thank you. This is a small elegant family run bistro. A lot like Sparks. I think that's why we fit in so well there. Make sure they're okay. We'll check on the owner as soon as we can."

Angus and Khaat headed for the garage. "You ride with me, Khaat," Angus said. "I want to get there asap to get control of that ktichen." He opened the door of her red sportscar. "Jack, you and Jess follow us. And do try to keep up. I don't want to waste any time." He got into the speedy little red car after helping Khaat into the passenger seat and took off like a shot down the road, hoping Jack and Jess knew how to keep up.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:31 pm

Jess took the keys from Jack and chuckled "that's good ow and jack, I know your driving, don't worry we'll be right behind you Angus " she said and walked out to the SUV and sat inside waiting for Angus and Khaat to join them to lead them to the bistro. Jess was looking forward to helping again in a bistro it had been a while but she knew she would be able to keep up, could be no worse than the emergency ward in St. Mongos on a Friday night.

Jack tossed the keys to Jess " hay I'm not that bad...well as far as I know anyway" he said and followed her out to the car. He knew he was there to bring Khaat back once things were settled and organized again also he was the pot washer for the day but he didn't mind.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:46 pm

Angus sped through traffic easily. He had no question that the SUV would keep up easily. He knew Jess could handle it, and he knew Robert would have bought a large enough engine in it that keeping up would not be a problem.

He parked the car in the back lot behind the bistro and he and Khaat got out and he helped her inside quickly. The servers were frantic without a cook in the kitchen.

"Khaat, get control of the staff and the front of the house while I get this sorted," he ordered her. Khaat knew Jess and Jack would be coming. She redirected the young woman, who was overwhelmed by the mountain of dishes,' and redirected her to doing preparation of fresh fruti and vegetables under Angus's calm direciton. She introduced Angus as her friend and a certified chef. She told them she was turning the running of the kitchen over to him. Khaat gathered the staff and calmed them and within just a couple of moments, she had them calming the upset customers in the front of the house by giving them salads, side dishes, soups, fresh breads or dinner rolls or complimentary beverages. It was a frantic few minutes but soon the customers understood that there had been a terrible car accident, and they became a lot more understanding once they had the truth. Khaat was hoping Jack and Jess had arrived to help in the kitchen.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:01 am

Jack found Angus's car and parked next to it and jumped out with Jess locking it he moved inside taking over the over filled sink quickly he got to grips and managed to half it with in a few minuets Jess moved to Brian and looked into the bistro " ok Angus what do you need me to do?" she asked and looked at him hanging her cardigan on a peg and taking down a waitresses apron and slipped it on over her clothes.

Jack worked at the sink taking charge and washing drying and putting the pans and plates back where they had come from ready to be used again in the next service. soon it was at a level he could slow down at wiping sweat from his face.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:15 am

"Sort the order tickets out, Jess. First ones in are the first ones to go out. Make sure tables are grouped together. Let's get this food moving out. Once you get them sorted, make sure the presentations of the plates are nothing short of gourmet quality. Nothing messy, nothing cooked wrong, orders all corrrect. Check those kettles of soup and those salads and side dishes. Make sure we have enough. I"m working on entrees right now. I have a dozen burgers down, and two pasta dishes working, along with five grilled fish platters. If you or Jack have a chance, check those baked goods and make sure that all the things Khaat baked this morning is still holding. Lets not run short before the night is out. If we start to run low, I'll bring her back here to do some more baking. Jack, make sure we're good on dishes. It looks like it all got the best of them. Let's keep the staff calm but keep them moving forward." He looked out at the dining room. It looked amazingly calm now, and Khaat seemed to just be charming every customer in the place. It made him smile.

"Look at that! Brian should be so proud of her. They are just totally enchanted with her. She's got this. She has this totally under control out there. You'd think she cast some sort of a spell on them," he smiled. "Now, lets do our part and get the food out."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:22 am

Jess nodded when Angus told her just what she had to do moving she did as she was told and everything seemed fine till the salad " Angus need more salad the lettuce is looking a bit old , cucumber and red onion " she said " soups fine " she looked in the pastry cases and found everything to be fine including the things Khaat had baked earlier. Jess had spoken to a few waitresses and pointed them in how things were right now and they picked up the pace taking orders as they should. " Angus order up " she said and placed the ticket where he could see it .

Jack placed all the plates on the shelf and the pans as they came in were washed dried and placed back as if never used. one small boy was amazed as he stood by the door how quick Jack could move.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 42 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top