New Day, New Life - Page 41
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

New Day, New Life - Page 41 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

New Day, New Life

Page 41 of 42 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Day, New Life - Page 41 Empty Re: New Day, New Life

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:59 pm

"Well done, Jess," he said after checking. Its not easy to put one of those on while someone is laying down. Its much easier if they're sitting up. Nice job. None of the edges moved at all. Good job. Now, how about getting an ice pack. She has a mammoth goosegg on her head from hitting her head in all of that. In fact, she'll be better with two. A concussion often manifests on the opposite site of the head from where the patient was hit. If they hit their forehead, their concussion will manifest at the back because of the force of the blow making the brain strike the back of the skull. So, in other words, her head is going to hurt in more than one place. So, more than one ice pack will help. Oh, and it will also take the sting out of the broken ribs and her broken hand, so...maybe make some duplicates? I'd like two large ones to pack her hand in ice. And the way she's going to bruise, she may have more sore places than that. Once she comes conscious, I want those newborns out of here for the night so she can sleep undisturbed. That is one of the best things for her head that we can do. We'll have to put them in, maybe, with Abbey and Dakota for the night. Or Kate and I will put them in our room. Anyplace but in here. Brian, Angus says we're going to be responsible for the bistro for a couple of days. Go check on the owner. Come straight back. Slip in, get a look at the chart, and get back to me. Can you do that in just a few minutes?"

"If I can just apparate into someplace without being caught," Brian said.

"You'll manage," Robert said. Brian took his wand out of his nightstand drawer and looked at Robert, reluctant to leave Khaat.

"She'll be here when you get back," Robert promised. Brian nodded and apparated out.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23615
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:12 pm

Jess looked at Robert taking his praise seriously as she accioed several ice packs to her and placed one on her head one behind her head and the larges wrapped gently around her hand gently . she looked at Brian and smiled " we won't leave her side Brian" she said reassuringly to him . She pulled a chair and sat down next to Khaat.

Cassidy spoke up as she walked back in from the living room." Steven and I will take the babies tonight , my owns acting like an acrobat lately so I sleep in short bursts " she said wheeling the two boys out and into her room across the room she was in returning for Julia who she also wheeled out of Khaat an Brian's room.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:29 pm

"Thank you, Cassidy," Robert said. "I'm sure Kate and I won't be sleeping tonight, so if you need help, let us know. We'll look after Abbey and Dakota. Angus is an exhausted young man. That was not easy work he did. I want him to go rest. Jess, check on him and make sure he isn't doing double duty in the kitchen, preparing dinner for us and preparing for breakfast after a full shift at a bistro that was slammed tonight. Make sure he's alright. Get anybody to help that you can. I'll stay with Khaat to be sure she's alright."

In the meantime, Brian apparated into a storage closet, transfigured his clothes into blue scubs and a white lab coat. He added a name tag for himself and made his way down to the nurses station. He greeted the staff as if he'd seen them every day. No one even questioned him. He took the chart of the owner of the bistro. He took it into the woman's room, glad to see she was asleep and alone. He flicked his wand att the chart and made a duplicate of it. He took a moment to lay his hand on her forehead and to set healing spells in place to help her reduce her injuries and get her back on her feet sooner. Then he returned the chart to the nurses station, stepped into an elevator by himself, and when the doors closed, he apparated back to the house.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:44 pm

Jess nodded and moved to the kitchen as Cassidy moved to Robert looking down at Khaat. Jess walked to the kitchen and pushed open the door to it " Robert sent me to make sure your not over doing it Angus " she said as she walked in smiling at him " he said you were exhausted any way I can help?" she asked looking at the things he had out already.

Steven followed Jess into the kitchen and headed over to the coffee pot finding it empty he made more along with the chocolate tea. he looked at Angus and then spoke " your looking tired Angus , let Jess help" he said and sat down drinking his coffee as he watched him work.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:00 pm

"You're both as tired as I am," he smiled. "I will have dinner in just about two minutes. Can one of you set the table or set a spell to do it? I also have a spinach salad with hot bacon vinaigrette dressing. Dessert is simply a beautiful pineapple orange sorbet with some cardamom tuile cookies. I made some of that soothing spiced tea from India. It has a chamomile base so it will help everyone relax before they go to bed. Kate said she fed Abbey and Dakota hours ago and put them into bed for the night. So we dont' have to set a place for them. Any word on Khaat yet? Will she be eating yet, or should I just save her a bit."

Meanwhile, Kate had taken Khaat's bloody clothes downstairs and had put them into the wash, along with the bloody bedding. She knew Robert would be onto replacing the red sportscar first thing in the morning. If not before.

She heard Angus mention the tea when she came upstairs. "That sounds like it is just what the doctor ordered, Angus. Then, I'll clean up the kitchen. You've done enough for one day. You, my friend, are dead on your feet. I'll fix you breakfast tomorrow. You just go to bed and get some rest when we're done. Deal?"

"I'm alright," Angus smiled. "really. I won't rest much until I know for sure Khaat is alright."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:30 pm

Jess nodded and set the spell to dress the table while she set about making a spinach salad with hot bacon vinaigrette dressing once done she set it on the table glancing over as Kate walked in. " go Angus we'll finish up for you " she said poring out a mug of tea for him " take some of your own tea and go sleep, I don't think Khaat will be eating for a few days. " she said handing a cup of tea to him.

Steven nodded at Angus " we're all bushed mate" he said and then saw Kate " everything ok with Khaat? "
he said softly as he drank his tea then gave a yawn as he sat. He watched Jess work to finish the meal Angus was preparing.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:49 pm

"I'll go after we eat," Angus said. He plated the fettucini alfredo he'd made as the main entree and floated them to the table. He took a huge pitcher of iced fruit tea to the table to have with dinner, leaving the hot relaxing tea to go with the sorbet and the cookes he had for dessert.

He fixed a tray for Robert. "I know he wont' leave her," he said. "I'll take it back to him." He really wanted to see Khaat for himself anyway. All he knew was that Robert had brought her back and that it wasn't good. Especially in light of the major surgery her recent c section had been for the triplets. "I'll try to send Brian out to eat with us. You all sit down and eat. Perhaps a bit of just being together as a family will make us all feel a bit better." He took the tray to the bedroom, where Brian was changing out of blue hospital scrubs into jeans and a short slesved shirt.

His eyes fell on Khaat and how horrendously she was bruising. Angus had always thought she was an exceptionally beautiful woman, and he barely recognized her. Once the bruises fully set in, it was going to look worse. Robert had his hands on either side of her head. He'd seen this before. Robert was giving her some of his own energies.

"Robert," Angus said very softly. "How is she?" Robert stopped his spell and looked up.

"Still unconscious. A concussion. 2 broken ribs, a broken hand. More bruises and cuts and scrapes than I can count. And it is caused her a bit of internal injury where she had her c section. She'll be alright, but she is going to be entirely miserable when she comes around."

"I..have dinner ready. I know you'll want to stay, Robert," Angus said. "I brought you a tray."

"Thank you. You're right," Robert said. "Brian, I need you to go eat with the others. Pull them together. Make sure they're good..."

"Rober..." Brian began.

"Brian," Robert said slowly and gently. "You're my second, Lad. I need you to make sure we're all good. Every one of us. The job isn't always easy, but it is what it is. Go. Please. I won't leave her for a single second, I swear. I'll eat and read the chart you brought and stay right here."

Brian looked at Angus.

"Come on, Mate," Angus said softly. "He's right. He's not going to let anyone even breathe on her." Brian nodded and reluctantly left to go out to the dining room with the others, with Angus right behind him.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:06 am

Jess was surprised and relived when Brian walked in with Angus " hey hows things with the bistro owner?" she asked as she knew Khaat as long as her father was with her was in good hands. She sat down as Jack walked in looking red eyed and exhausted. He sat with them and took a plate as Jess lent on him tiredly as Cassidy and Steven walked in to sit opposite them and took their plates.

" Hows Khaat?" Cassidy asked " she any better?" she asked as she ate the food " this is good Angus " she said eating more of it pausing only when she felt her baby turn inside her and she sighed deeply feeling the pressure release from her lungs for a moment. Steven rubbed her tummy slightly.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:13 am

"The bistro owner had emergency abdominal surgery tonight for internal bleeding. She's in serious condition. She looks worse than Khaat does. I didn't even recognize her. Her chest was starting to fill up with fluid. I got a moment alone with her and stopped that for her. If I hadn't, she'd have died before sunrise. She has a chance now. She also has a broken leg that they've fixed with wires and pins.

"I'd feel far better if Khaat would just wake up," Brian sighed. "She told me this morning that she moved here for a fresh start. Her and ...Oh, God. her son. She has a 13 year old son who is waiting at home alone expecting his mother to come home." He leaped up from the table. He flew back to the bedroom to get the address from the chart. He raced back out. He looked helplessly at the others. "I...I have to go. I have to get him to someplace safe. Hold my dinner. I'll....be back as soon as I can." He apparated out, unsure how he was going to get a 13 year old muggle boy to safety without a car. He just knew he couldn't leave the boy alone.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:41 am

Jess looked at him and sighed " not a good thing " she said but nodded when he told them what he had done for the woman then realized she had a 13 year old boy waiting for her at home. as he left Jess stood up and ,moved Brian's plate into the oven to keep warm for his return. she sat back down with her own food but pushed it away sh was too tired " if you'll excuse me I'm going to go lay down I'm really tired , wonderful food Angus I'm just tired to eat it " she said kissing Jack she moved out of the kitchen and to her room where she showered and slipped into bed to sleep.

Jack staid abut longer and cleared away his and Jess's plates " Jess was right great food " he said placing his plate and Jess's in the washer and sitting back down to finish his tea he could see even Cassidy was tired as he ate her food too " hay mate go rest I'll clean up for you" he said looking at Angus's tired face " and its no trouble " he said smiling.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 42 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top