New Day, New Life - Page 40
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

New Day, New Life - Page 40 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

New Day, New Life

Page 40 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Day, New Life - Page 40 Empty Re: New Day, New Life

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:35 am

"That's Robert's problem," Kate said. "That man can talk his way out of anything." Brian changed the basement stairs into a closet again and hung clothes in the closet. He told everyone to hide their wands, just as there was a knock on the door.

"Mine," Brian said. "You're all ready? Lets do this then." He went to the door and opened it and found two uniformed police detectives at the door.

"We're looking for Khaat Quinn," the detective said.

"I'm Brian Quinn," he said quietly. "I'm her husband. She's here. Come in. Kate, go get Robert , please." Kate silently went down the hall and retrieved Robert and brought him back.

"I'm Dr. Lupin," Robert said. "Khaat's father. She's here. I'll take you to her. Come with me. I was following her in my SUV when I saw the accident happen. My apologies for leafving, but she needed medical care, and I had all I needed here at home. She was too critical for me not to bring her here immeidately." He took them down the hallway to the bedroom.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23617
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:27 pm

Jess moved to sit beside the bed as if tending to Khaat as she heard the voices of the men coming closer. Jack stood at the door like a body guard, Cassidy held Julia and fed her like she was a nursemaid Steven stood with her as they all waited seeing the men she lent back against him.

Jess looked at Khaat and sighed " I wish I had gone with you Khaat " she said softly and touched her forehead gently. She looked at Kate " I had a bad feeling when she left , I wanted to go with her " she looked as the two men walked in and took her position and watched them hoping they would leave soon and she could get back to doing normal things.

Cassidy held Julia close as she saw the two men enter the room she felt inside she wanted to run what with her past and her ex husbands actions, she hoped they didn't recognize her as she knew she had down some bad things but for the right reason. Steven saw her nervousness and placed his hand on her shoulder to reassure her things would be fine.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:49 pm

The detectives walked into the bedroom to see that there was indeed a woman with fresh injuries in the bed. One of them, presumably the lead investigator looked at Robert. "I presume you have some ID?"

"Certainly," Robert said, pulling out an ID card of some sort. The men looked at it and then looked at Robert and handed his ID back to him. There was some sort of confused look on the officer's face. "She's your daughter?"

"She is," Robert said, picking up Khaat's ID from the dresser where he had purposely laid it. He showed it to them. They looked at it and handed it back.

"What are you doing in this country, Doctor?" the officer asked.

"Ask your president," Robert said boldly, fearlessly.

"What?"

"You heard me," Robert said. He pulled an impressive looking cell phone from his pocket. "Or shall I call him for you and have him explain it. I'm sure he'd be happy to clear that up for you."

"You think you know the president?" the other officer laughed. The first one elbowed the second to shut him up.

"Oh, let's do call, shall we, gentlemen?" Robert asked, turning on the phone. He dialed a number on the cell phone and spoke very briefly. It was cordial, and clearly the person on the other end suspected Robert needed some sort of validation. He handed the cell phone to the officer, who spoke briefly, replying with numerous solemn "Yes, Sir's" before handing the phone back to Robert. Robert spoke briefly and hung up.

"It appears we have no more questions--for now," the first officer said.

"But..." the second one said.

"We're leaving!" the first one said.

"Walk them out, Brian," Robert said calmly.

"My pleasure, Doctor," Brian said, leading them to the door. The officers stopped at the door and looked at Brian.

"We were assured Dr. Lupin would get us his statement within 24 hours," the first one said.

"If thats what you were told, then I'm sure you will," Brian said, showing them out. "Good night, Gentlemen." He shut the door behind them and kept a close watch until they were off of the property.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:05 pm

Cassidy watched the two men as they spoke to Robert , Julia fussed a little in her arms but she soon had her calmed and drinking from her bottle again as they left she burped her and placed her in her crib then moved to hold Steven around his waist . " thank goodness they have gone " she said into his chest.

" They weren't here for you quite worrying " he said softly to her as he held her back against him " now there gone relax" he walked her threw to the living room and sat her down as he saw Jess walking out with two cups of tea.

" here Cassidy drink this and relax Stevens right what ever your ex did won't affect you not now your here with us" she said and smiled as Cassidy drank her tea " I'm more worried about Khaat and Robert , what was said to the man on the other end of the phone " she said walking to the bed room placing the second cup down in front of Robert. "thought you could use it " she said and moved to the other side of the bed.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:20 pm

"Thank you," Robert said taking the tea mug. "They didn't believe I knew their president, so I merely proved my point. I called their president. He's on my speed dial. I'm sure what they were told was to bear off. Don't think for one moment that their president doesnt' know who I am or what really happened in our wizarding world. Don't think we aren't well hidden--as well hidden as we can be. And don't think for one moment that if it comes to it, we won't be protected. They know I am still the rightful minister, and I will have every American wizard or any of their allies with a very simple patronus. I would not move my family here without utilizing what power I still have. And, for now, it got them off our backs.

"Now--Jess and Brian, lets take care of these injuries before we have to totally change her and the sheets from her bleeding all over them. Lets get the bandages and the splints and get this taken care of. I'd rather set the bones while she's still unconscious anyway. It isn't painless, you know."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:53 pm

Jess nodded to Robert glad he had the clout to sort it out and she smiled as he mentioned Khaat " yes lets " she waved her hand and fresh sheets floated to her settling down on the chair next to her as she began to remove the covers and clothing khaat had on to revel the injuries she made two bowls float to her and she began to clean off the blood that had semi dried on her skin. " do you think they will come back ?" she asked a she wiped Khaats left arm carefully dry with a towel. each time she wiped away blood she found scrapes and dirt embedded in her skin Jess removed them healing them like it had never happened. Jack brought a second bowl of clean warm water and she continued till only the sheets showed any sigh of blood making Khaat rise she quickly changed the sheets for fresh and placed her down gently.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:07 pm

"Possibly," Robert shrugged. "But it depends on how well they follow orders. They have been given federal orders to treat us as if we were in the witness protection program. They are not to reveal us to anyone for any reason. They were told it does not matter what happened in that accident. Our security is their top priority. If anyone comes now, it will either be from the American Minister of Magic, who happens to be a friend and already knows we're here. So he's no threat. Or, it will be from someone higher up, in which case, they're muggle, they're friends and they're still no threat. If they don't follow orders, I'll kill them. Don't think I won't. Brian and I neither one have any trouble doing that. Do we, Brian?"

"None whatsoever," Brian said coldly. Fatherhood put a different spin on things for him. He had his kingdom. His queen, his princesses and princes. No one was going to touch them. Never again. He hadn't said much, but he was busy working, helping Jess clean up Khaat and mend scrapes and cuts as he found them. From what he had seen on her body, he guessed she had gone through the windshield or that something and penetrated the windshield glass back onto her. She was cut and bruised everywhere. This was gonna hurt. He poured a tall dose of pain potion and set it on her nightstand. She was gonna need it whenever she woke up.

"I need to set her ribs and all those bones in her hand. Are you both up to hearing the sound of that?" Robert asked. "It is a rather grusome sound."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:18 pm

Jess looked at Robert and breathed out , she nodded as he mentioned the bones in Khaats hand and she nodded " I have done it before " she said softly and looked at Brian she had not seen this side to him before but she knew she would be the same as would be Steven for his children. Turning back she looked at Robert and moved to his side of the bed as she waited for him to tell her just what he wanted her to do to help put the bones back in place.

Jack stood with Brain and watched Jess move " you know Jess and I would do the same for you guys" he said softly turning slightly to look at Brian. In his mind there was no question they were his family and any one hurts them he would be at there side fighting along side them.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:33 pm

"Thanks," Brian said, glad they were there. "Its nothing I haven't heard before, Robert. Set them before she wakes up."

"Very well," he said, double checking to be sure she was still unconscious. Satisfied, he laid his hands on her ribs and reset the two fractured ribs. They snapped back into place with a sharp snap of bone grinding against bone. "Jess--in my bag. There is a rib binder. Its teeny tiny. Its in the very large brown plasstic pill bottle. You'll have to restore it to its proper size when you get it out, please. Let's bind her broken ribs before the ends can shift again. You'll find materials in a brown box--its a shrunken kit for fiberglass casts. Get that out. I'm going to put her hand in her cast. Brian, take her hand and hold it so I can fix the breaks please."

Brian obeyed and did as he was told. Robert worked meticulously on each break one at a time. There were multiple fractures in her hand, and he wanted to be sure they were done right. Each tiny bone snapped back obediently into place and he adjusted them until they were absolutely perfect. "Wait," he said to Jess. "Her hand is going to swell and its going to turn coal black with massive deep bruises. We can't cast it yet. Maybe tomorrow. Get the splint kit out. We'll have to wrap it very heavily and then splint it instead."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:45 pm

Jess did as she was told and re-sized the rib binder kit and fiber glass kit handed it quickly to Robert for him to use and watched as he placed each fingers broken bones back in place as she watched as she wrapped Khaats chest to stop the bones moving out of place once done she made sure there were no sharp edges and stepped back to let Robert check her work " hows that Robert I made sure none moved out of place but if you'd care to check again" she moved around to the other side of the bed placing her hand on Khaats head " she's still resting comfortably " she said all official as if she was back in the hospital working on a patient not her best friend.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top