New Day, New Life - Page 36
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

New Day, New Life - Page 36 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

New Day, New Life

Page 36 of 42 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Day, New Life - Page 36 Empty Re: New Day, New Life

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:56 pm

"She really is more like Remus than she is either of us," Kate said. "Remus would be proud of her. And I'm glad you're her friend, Jess. It isn't easy being her friend. She's very likeable, but our family brings so much danger with it that it is very difficult to be loyal to her for very long. Khaat is very fortunate to have so many good friends now. "

"This lad has Remus's hair," Robert laughed. "Poor boy."

"And Julia looks like Khaat when she was this age," Kate laughed.

Meanwhile, Brian had mowed the lawn around the restaurant and had trimmed the bushes. He was down to weeding the overgrown flowerbeds. He was sorely tempted to use his wand to do it in one quick flick, but he did know better.

Inside, Khaat had been busy--swamped. She had made several pastries and had sold a steady flow of pastries, selling things almost as fast as she could make them. She was tiring, sweating, hurting. She knew this was too soon for this sort of a rush that lasted for hours. Before long, her boss was coming over to her.

"Don't you know when to go home? she asked her.

"What?" Khaat asked.

"Your shift ended 30 minutes ago."

"But I still have so much to do!" Khaat asked.

"Wednesday. Every other day, for four hours at a time, remember? Its 10 am. Your shift started at 6. Its 10:30. Oh, and here's for your husband, for all his wonderful work on the outside. Can he finish Wednesday?"

"I...I'm sure he can," Khaat said.

"Then take him and go home," she smiled at Khaat. "Go. Go, go, go."

"Alright. See you Wednesday," Khaat said, taking off her apron. Her boss held out her hand to take the apron, and Khaat went out to find Brian.

"I guess our shifts are over. Can you finish on Wednesday?"

"I suppose," he said, standing up and dusting off his hands. "Let me put my things away, and then we'll go."

"I drove, remember?"

"I do. I'm following you home."

It wasn't long after that, that both cars were pulling back into the garage at home.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:01 am

Steven smiled feeling happy and calm as he too listened to her breathing " slow and steady Cassidy don't rush it " he corrected her it was then he heard two cars pull up and smiled " seems some ones back from there work " he said and cassidy chuckled.

" yeah well you still have yours , being with me threw this pregnancy and the birth" she said still moving gently she spotted jack moving to the main doors and smiled.

Jack had heard the two cars and stood up placing down the book he was reading and he walked over to the main doors opening them he smiled and chuckled. " looks like you worked up a storm , Roberts with the girls " he said leaving the door open for them to walk in.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:05 am

"We both did," Brian admitted. "I dont' know how I got put in charge of the yard work for the outside of this place. And she's exhausted. She'll never admit it, though. I do like the fact that she smells like a cookie now, though."

"I don't even want to see a cookie," she sighed, following him into the house. She sat down on the sofa and fell into a deep sleep almost the instant she sat down. Brian went over and checked her. He sighed heavily.

"She seems to be alright, but I'm picking up a huge amount of pain. I dont' want to do anything to draw that off until Robert checks her for himself. I want to know from him that she's alright. Until Robert says otherwise, I'm letting her sleep," Brian said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:13 am

Steven let go of Cassidy but told her to continue with out him and that he would not be long . He walked inside and saw Khaat asleep on the couch and Brian looking dirty but relived she was back. " exhausted her self ?" he said.

Jess sat up and sighed " there back " she said and looked at Kate as she placed the now burped Michael in his crib next to Little Robert and Julia " shes exhausted her self " she looked at Robert and moved into the living room " good to see your back Brian " she said softly and looked at Khaat but did nothing she knew that Brian was there as was Robert, instead she moved to Jack standing with him and smiling.

Steven moved back to cassidy slowing her down he gently lead her into the living room and out of the sun he made her sit down for a bit " no need to do too much too soon" he said softly and she nodded
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:19 am

Robert handed the baby to Kate and kissed Abbey and Dakota and then went out to the living room. He saw the deep fatigue on Khaat's face. He had expected it. He touched her forehead.

"She's alright," Robert said. "Its just too soon, that's all. She's not ready to be on her feet for that many hours at a time. Or working that hard. Whatever she was doing."

"Pastry chef and waitressing." Brian sighed.

"Next time, I give you full permission to turn her into a bug and bring her home," Robert said, only half jesting. "She wanted to prove herself, and I get that. But this isn't the way to do it." He touched her again and drew off her pain. "Lets let her rest until lunch. I do want her to eat then, though. Understood?"

"Yes," Brian said.

"And go shower," Robert told him. "You smell like a sweaty lawn."

"Forgive me for working," Brian rolled his eyes.

"I thought she had the job," Robert frowned.

"Long story," Brian said, going to shower.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:31 am

Steven chuckled and glanced down at Cassidy as Robert said Khaat was fine but exhausted from working. " ok I have to finish my work out " he lent down kissed her then headed back out to the pool side his work out was more physical and he smiled seeing Cassidy watching as he continued.

Cassidy looked at the sleeping Khaat and smiled then looked at Jess " I am about half way through that book Jess " she said and followed her as she sat down next to her. Jess looked at Cassidy and smiled.

" ow and how you finding it ?" she asked as she sat with her hoping it had helped her understand how she was changing and what she had to come.

" its reveling is all I can say " she said and smiled rubbing her tummy " I never knew she could hear my voice even before she is born " she said and Jess nodded.

" ow yes they say if you sing to them in the womb they recognize the sound of your voice after there born also , now mind you this isn't proven , its supposed to improve thee intelligence " she said smiling.

Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:43 am

The next thing Khaat knew, her father was waking her. He held out a mug to her. "Tea," he said quietly. "Drink." She took the mug from him and tasted that in the half filled mug there was only enough tea to flavor whatever blend of potions and tonics he'd tossed together. She wanted to sip on it and he motioned to her to finish it. She just quietly complied.

"What'd you put in it?" she finally asked, handing him back the empty mug.

"Just enough to counter the beating your body took this morning. You and I need to talk--after lunch," he said. "Angus has it ready. Come eat. I know you're tired, but I do need you to eat. You missed breakfast. Come with me." He helped her up and took her to the table where Angus had massive chef salads set out ofr everyone, along with tall glasses of iced tea.

Brian emerged from the basement, carrying both girls where he had been playing with them. He put them in their high chairs and Angus set their lunches in front of the girls.

"Better?" he kissed Khaat's cheek softly.

"For now, she is," Robert replied.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:37 am

Steven had finished his work out and now walked through to their room to shower and change into some clean clothes. Walking back out he saw Cassidy sat talking to Jess and he smiled as he moved to the kitchen and poured some coffee for himself . Returning he noted Jess hand moved and he now moved to sit with Cassidy. " where's Jess ?" he asked blowing over his coffee cup.

" she said she was going for a swim she needed to exercise " she said and turned the next page in the book, smiling she moved Steven's hand so she could take a small sip of his coffee. " that's good coffee." she said smiling at him.

" That was your first and last taste of it" he said puling the cup back carefully from her and chuckled as she pouted " your not becoming a coffeeholic " he said " not while your pregnant , after is fine" he said and kissed her cheek. Cassidy chuckled at his words leaning against him.

" ok , ok I get the message no coffee till after the baby is born " she said and accioed some fruit juice in a tall glass for her self .

Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:56 pm

"You mean I made lunch and no but Khaat is going to eat it?" Angus frowned. Robert and Kate and Brian came to the table, and they brought Abbey and Dakota. Angus had made them a pasta primavera for them that had noodles and lots of fresh veggies. He knew the babies wouldn't eat salads yet, so he had prepared noodles for the bables.

"How about I pour you some of Angus's fresh fruit tea?" Brian asked Khaat.

"Sounds wonderful. The bistro tea is good, but its not like Angus's. Thank you," Khaat said.

"Khaat, tell me what you needed to prove to yourself.?" Robert asked.

"Me?" she frowned, pouring her dressing on her salad. "Maybe I just needed to work again. I dont' know."

"Of course you know. I can believe you felt you needed to work, but it really is too soon for it, Dear."

"I am tired," she said.

"And its going to take you the rest of today and maybe tomorrow to recover from the 4 hours you spent working this morning," he said. "Maybe longer. I'm just not really sure this is going to work for you."

"I really want to try."

"Go ahead and try, but when it gets to a point where you can't recover from it, I'm pulling the plug on it," he said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:28 pm

Steven sighed hearing Robert with Khaat as he sat down after he had changed. He kissed Cassidy's cheek as he sat with her and poured some tea for her. He took some food and began to eat listening to them talking, "your fathers right, If you don't mind me saying, you should want to be with the triplets, this is the time you bond with them and if your not it could be difficult in the future " he said looking at them " ok so I read that book Jess gave Cassidy too" he admitted " hey I'm the one still waiting to be a father ...of sorts" he said and looked at Cassidy who sat looking some what stunned he had read that far.

Cassidy looked at him " ow I'm ok with you reading it but even I haven't got that far yet " she lightly poked him " no spoilers please " she said smiling as she realized he truly was taking his role seriously of step father to her daughter.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 42 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top