New Day, New Life - Page 11
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

New Day, New Life - Page 11 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

New Day, New Life

Page 11 of 42 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Day, New Life - Page 11 Empty Re: New Day, New Life

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:01 pm

Robert was slightly irked at Steven's question. He had no way of reading the future. And he was more than capable of delivering a child, no matter what the circumstances. "Cassidy's baby will be born safely, no matter what country its in," Robert said. "Is where she's born an issue? For some reason it keeps coming up. I wish i had some answer for you, some magical revelation about how quickly I can return to my post, but I just don't. For all I know, I might not ever be able to return to England again. I really dont' know."

He didn't want to minimize Steven's concerns, but Cassidy wasn't even as concerned about what country the baby was born in as Steven was. Robert didn't understand the excessive concern about it. "Is it particularly important that she is born in England, Cassidy? Is there something you haven't told me? I suppose if its a critical thing, I really should arrange a safehouse for you now with a midwife and let you stay in hiding there, because war has no guarantees. Nor does a pregnancy. I want you to be happy with whatever you decide, though."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:10 pm

Cassidy looked at Robert and shook her head " no its not important, right here will be fine , I'm not sure why Steven is on this over protective kick right now, but he of all should know I can take care of my self" she said and faced Steven " drop it or I will not have dinner with you tomorrow or any other night " she said poking his chest.

Steven felt her poke him and smiled " good keep that in mind when your playing diva queen again " he said chuckling " sorry Robert, I wanted her to realize that we're her family, she was upset about it last night " he said and chuckled " guess I go the sharp end " he said and felt a swipe from Cassidy.

" yeah and you'll get the sharp end if you do that again " she said " I decide my baby and my own choices, bub " she said then stopped and looked at Robert some what surprised " huh, guess I do " she said and chuckled.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:19 pm

"Then I will consider this settled," Robert said. "Meeting's adjourned. I have work to do." He rose, taking his tea mug and left the room. Brian watched him go to a closet and start conjuring.

"Need some help?" Brian called.

"No," Robert said abruptly.

"Brian," Kate called gently. "Let him go. He's got the responsibility for the entire country weighing on his shoulders. Thats a lot of lives. He knows what he wants. Let him do it. He'll be alright. I'm sure he's makng a gym and an office and a potions lab. They don't normally have basements in Hawaii, but we're on a rock foundation, so it should be fine. Besides, ti is magic after all.

"I think I'll put together a quick and easy lunch," Angus said, heading for the kitchen. Brian began to suddenly search for something.

"What are you looking for?" Kate frowned.

"Abbey," he said. Khaat immediately panicked and started to fly up from the sofa.

"She's with me," Robert called. "I swear. You lot would panic over a hangnail. Lighten up. I won't lose my grandchildren."

"I'll come and get her," Brian said, motioning Khaat to settle again.

"You will not. She's with her grandpa," Robert said in a commanding tone. "Leave her alone. If we need you, we'll let you know."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:56 pm

Cassidy nodded and looked at Steven folding her arms across her chest " so where did you have in mind ?" she asked " no where cheap " she said smirking as she moved to sit back down again her feet now starting to swell a little from standing and the heat.

Steven nodded realizing she had just a greed to go out to dinner with him " ow I'll find some where nice " he said and smiled as he lifted her feet and massaged them as he felt the swelling lesson between his fingers.

" wow that's good" she said and lay back on the couch. Jess chuckled and moved to the kitchen " want any help Angus?" she asked moving to his side.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:09 pm

"I found some fresh seafood," he said. "I'm making large chef salads with fresh grilled seafood, fresh vegatables, some toasted macadamias, a little fruit, and some fresh croutons made from the sweet bread I made this morning. And I'm doing it with an aged basalmic vinaigrette so its got a bit of a sweet edge to it. Not much cooking to do, but a lot of chopping of fruit and vegetables. I've cut the bread into cubes for the croutons and got them seasoned and put them in the oven to toast. The macadamias are on another sheet ready to toast. So, if you don't mind chopping more fruit and vegetables, help yourself." He pointed to a large wooden bowl full of fresh fruit and vegetables.

About that time, Brian noticed Dakota about to pull a glass sculpture off a shelf. He levitated her back to him before she could manage it, and she just giggled. "No broken glass, you little monster," he told her.

"She's bored," Khaat sighed. "She had more toys at home."

"Its not the toys. She's 15 months. She's exploring. Allow me." He conjured a busy box for her. A toy for her to learn to open doors, spin dials, squeeze levers, pull springs, and all sorts of exploring things. It made noise, flashed colors, and seemed to have unlimited fascination for her. He put her on the floor with it, and Dakota was instantly totally captured by it.

"You should be a toy designer," Khaat said.

"Don't credit me with that. I had one just like it when I was a kid," he laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:26 pm

Cassidy watched from the couch as Brian made a toy for Dakota she was fascinated her self but relaxed by Stevens massaging her feet gently.

Jess did as he suggested and cut a little more fruit and veg and then sat down at the table " looks delicious Angus can't wait till dinner" she said and took an apple and ate it . Jack waked in and pored two glasses of juice one for himself and one for Jess. He moved and sat with her.

cassidy sighed and started to doze " Steven you can stop now , your forgiven " she said and chuckled as she moved her foot from him " though I would like to know why all the protectiveness?" she asked

Steven looked at her and sighed " I care about you Cassidy , you know I do since that day we met with me walking into the shower room , I...I guess it didn't go away and I feel clay and you was partly my fault" he said softly as he sat next to her.

Cassidy looked at him her hand moved to hold his " Steven it wasn't your fault , he did what he did threw his own choice as did I , but ..." she paused " I know how you feel " she said softly to him " but we have to go slow you have Delilah" she said watching him turn to face her.

Steven looked at her " I don't , not any more , she left me" he said softly " I applied for divorce, it should be finalized soon"
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:51 pm

"They are finalized," Khaat said. "I'm sorry. I signed those myself before the babies were born. And then, I guess I got all caught up with labor and a c section and moving to a new place and, well, I'm sorry. They're both finalized."

"Khaat," Brian said softly. "You shouldn't have been doing any work at all. You're allowed a slip. The important thing is that the work got done in the first place. You did it against your father's orders. But I'm glad you did. Seems like you were a big help to him. Oh, and by the way, Robert signed Khaat's too. She's done with Rob for good. And I'm glad its done. Now maybe we can get on with our lives. At least a bit."

"I hope," Khaat said. "I need to be training, Brian. I can't count on Grindlewald waiting until I"m on my feet before he tries to strike," Brian hesitated. This was entirely too soon. He didn't want to risk her.

"Let me think about it first, okay?" he asked softly. "I'd rather, just for now, that you trusted me."

"Trust you?" she frowned, her hand caressing his face, "I do trust you! So much more than you know. This isn't about trusting you. Its about wanting to help protect my family...."

"Khaat, Remus and Tonks lost each other because they both went to the same fight. Lets not do that, okay?" he asked softly. "Ever. Our kids need us. We can't make their mistake. One of us has to survive."

"Then make it you," she said definitely.

"No. I choose to fight for US--not just me. Us. You got that?" He kissed her softly, and it eased her insecurities. "You're picking up on your father's stress. I know. I know him too well not to feel it too. I'll get you something to keep your mind busy. I promise. Okay. Now, no more morbid thoughts." She nodded.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:11 pm

Cassidy looked at Khaat then at Steven " then we are both free to start over. " she said softly to him she then looked back at Khaat " Khaat if I'm aloud to say, I am happy your done with that..." she stopped smiling " anyway does this mean maybe you two can get together officially, your perfect together" she said still holding Stevens hand in her own. She sat listening to them an felt Steven sit beside her " they really are in love with each other " she said and smiled " would you be that way for me?" she asked looking at him.

Steven heard Brian and looked at Cassidy as she looked at him asking her question " if you will accept three children that aren't your own? " he said waiting for her answer he hoped she would understand his meaning.

Cassidy looked at him " I could and what about you could you take on the child of a bastard?" she looked into his eyes hr heart feeling like it had stopped. Steven looked at her and smiled at her.

" its not the child's fault what the man who gave it half its DNA is" he placed his hand on her tummy " She is an innocent part in all this" he said softly then he looked at Brian and Khaat his cheeks turned pink " sorry ahem may..maybe we should finish this some other time " he said smirking as Cassidy.

" well right now you could do my other foot , it feels like a water balloon is stuck to it." she said lifting it up and he chuckled
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:49 pm

"Its not upsetting us," Brian said. "We're good with it. We came to erms with that a long time ago. About the time I brought Khaat and Abbey home to live with me. We crossed that bridge a long, long time ago."

"I don't know how you made it easier this time, but you did," Khaat said.

"Because," he shrugged, "I knew your heart. And I knew you were bewitched. It was pretty simple. It wasn't your fault. And look, I have four beautiful children now."

"You wouldn't be happier if..."

"No," he said sharply. "Stop it. I answered that 9 months ago. And again a year before that. Thats an old, tired subject. You really do need something to do." Kate got up and went over to where the closet had been, where there were now basement stairs.

"Robert!" she called. "Come get your daughter. She's almost as bad at this laying and doing nothing thing as you are."

"Coming," was the reply.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:36 am

Cassidy smiled at Steven wiggling her toes. " Is brain as good at foot massages as Steven here?" she asked Khaat and chuckled feeling finally the swelling go down in her foot. Sitting up she lent against Steven as she smiled listening to Brian and Khaat together. " They have gone threw a lot together, yet you can still see the love in their eyes for each other " she said

" ow and what do you see in my eyes " he asked looking at her with a smirk.

Cassidy looked at him her cheeks turning pink " I see, blood shot eyes from lack of sleep " she said and chuckled brushing her hand over his cheek gently as she looked deeper.

Steven felt her hand on his cheek and didn't move it, to him it was meant to be there and had been. He looked at Brian and Khaat hoping Khaat at least would pick up on what he was feeling at that moment.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 42 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top