The Ties That Bind - Page 38
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Ties That Bind - Page 38 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Ties That Bind

Page 38 of 48 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 43 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Ties That Bind - Page 38 Empty Re: The Ties That Bind

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:25 pm

As the dicussion took a turn, Robert summoned Khaat to the office. She felt him summoning her. She didn't need him to speak. She simply got up and said softly. "I'll be back--I think." She went to the office, and her father told her to come in before she had a chance to knock.

"Come in and sit," he said to her. She took the seat next to the ambassador across the desk from her father. "I've explained this, but we do need to provide some evidence, Khaat."

"What kind?" she frowned.

"Its not that harrowing," the ambassador smiled. "We have seen accidental magic before. You're not the first and you wont' be the last." Her father rose from his chair and came over to her.

"My apologies my dear," He said to her. Then he removed the dressing Brian had covered the horrendous bruise and the goosegg on her forehead with.

"Well, that definitely hurts," the ambassador agreed.

"It does," Khaat admitted softly. She was feeling embarressed and humiliated and wanted to be anywhere but here. At that instant, she started to apparate out. Both men instantly reached out, snatched her hands and shouted, "Finite!" It stopped the apparation.

"Khaat, stop those thoughts. I want you to focus on just being here with me right now," Robert said.

"I didn't mean...."

"I know you didn't, " he said gently.

"So do I," the ambassador said. "I think we have this cleared up. We will replace the security system, and it will look only like a glitch in their camera coverage."

"Send me the bill, " Robert smiled.

"I'll put it on your tab, Robert. Good thinking, though--removing the camera system altogether. Thank you for being so thorough in taking care of this."

"My pleasure," Robert smiled. "You can leave now, Khaat, but I don't want you alone."

"I understand," Khaat said.

"Very nice meeting you, Mrs. Quinn," the ambassador smiled as she rose and went to the door.

"And you as well," Khaat replied, leaving. She returned to the living room. Brian went over to her and brought her back to where she was sitting. He looked in her face, but found it impossible to read.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:45 pm

steven watched as Khaat left the room he watched the bodyguards recive a message and move to the door talking between them and glancing at the door Khat had gone threw.

Jess pushed open the door and quickly moved to the table placing down the coffee pot and tea pot on the tray as doon as that ws done she moved out and back to the kitchen glad to be out of sight again she breathed out . she wished Kate was there to help her with the dinner but to keep up aperances she ahd to at least know what she was doing and took out a pan and began peeling potatoes omore out of something to do than anything to do with a meal.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:01 pm

Khaat did her best to sit stoically, to put on a brave and emotionless face. It seemed, to her, to take hours. And then the ambassador and her father returned, both of them laughing about something apparently funny. He introduced the ambassador to Kate and Brian, the babies, and everyone else. He introduced Jess as the Chef. He introduced Angus as the Brian's Chief of the Household Staff. He introduced Jack and Steven as bodyguards and Kieran as Brian's brother. The ambassador greeted them all and then looked at Robert.

"Always nice talking with you, Robert," he shook hands with him.

"The pleasure is all mine," Robert said.

"I'm glad we could clear this up so quickly," the ambassador said. "I'll take care of it from my end. Good day to you." He motioned to the guards and they followed him out the door and back into their cars. And just as quickly as they had come, they left.

"Alright," Robert said. "They're gone. Well done, All. Stand down. I think we're back to being our little happy family again. So long as Khaat does not do anything weird like that for awhile. Khaat, you are not going to be alone for the rest of the day."

"I wasn't alone when I left," she said softly.

"Touche. Well, stay close to someone. Within arm's reach, please?"

"I'll try," she said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:22 pm

Steven trasfigured his clothes back to some what comfortable ones once he was told the all clear noticing how quick jess changed out of the chefs whites and back into her normal clothes and sat down breathing out a sigh of relif " glad thats over " she said and steven chuckled as he saw the cars leave down the drive.

Jack changed into jeans and a tight tee shirt and moved to sit with jess his arm over her shoulders as he kissed her cheek " I think its unanamouse " he said and looked at Khaat and Brian across from them and smiled relaxing once more. " so whatss for dinner ?" he asked earning a jab from jess in his ribs as he chuckled " kidding " he said seeing steven shake his head and move out to the balcony.

steven ,oved out to the balcony glad things had calmbed down but he knew where Khaat was concerned anything could happen at any time.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:35 pm

"I really wish you'd get rid of that ugly dress," Brian looked at Khaat.

"I liked it," she said.

"I like all your dresses--except that one," he laughed. "It just isn't you."

"Am I free to go change?" she asked.

"I'll go with you. I don't like wearing this suit better," he said.

"But,..." she began. She finised it up by whispering the end of her thought in his ear. He laughed out loud.

"Come on," he said, "Let's go." He stood up and led her upstairs so they could both change.

"Me too," Robert said. "This suit really doesn't get it today for me either. I'll be back." He followed Brian and Khaat upstairs to change. He finished first, coming back down in jeans and a plaid cotton shirt. A few minutes later, Khaat and Brian came down. They were both in jeans too and plain solid colored shirts. Robert met her with a mug of tea and handed it to her. "Here," he said to her. "This will ease those rattled nerves. And yes. You can keep the shoes. They're paid for now."

"Thank you," she said softly.

"Its not your fault."

"So bind my magic."

"If I do that, I won't be able to tell when its clearing up," he said. "I'm afraid the best way through it is to just go through it." He looked at the others. "You all up for that?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:47 pm

steven loked and raised an eyebrow as Khaat whispered in Brians ear but just chuckled again as he looked out over the grounds , he aperated down to the stables and checked on the horses finding them all fine he placed an apple in the mares basket and brushed his hand over her neck gently as he smiled " your doing fine " he sid and looked at the foal.

Jack chuckled at brian and Khaat as he watched them leave to change to reapear later changed " thats more like you guys " he said and grinned at them just as an owl flew threw the window a letter dropped in front of them onto the table " Robert you expecting a letter from st mongos?" he asked recognising the seal as he picked it up and handed it to him. " looks important " he moved back to sit with jess.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:13 am

Robert took the letter and fed the owl a treat before it flew off. He yawned, feeling a bit of fatigue. He opened the letter, read it, and flicked his finger at it, sending it upstairs to his room. "Patient matter," he said quietly. "Not something I am at liberty to talk about. Sorry."

"Something you need my help with?" Khaat asked.

"Nothing I can't handle, my dear," Robert smiled. "Don't worry about it. I think I can cope with more than one patient at a time by now."

"You do that better than I do," Khaat said.

"I didn't do that, at your age, as well as you do. And I certainly could not have managed St. Mungos when I was your age."

"Thank you," she smiled, as her stomach growled. She thought about Jess's cookies from the night before, and the moment it entered her head, the container of cookies came floating in.

"Good!" Angus said, laughing. "I was just thinking about those!"

"You did it then," she laughed. Robert clutched the container out of the air and handed it to her.

"Take what you want, and I'll pass them around," he said, smiling.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:52 am

Steven walked back in and shook his heas seeing jess with her mouth open jack just closing it and Khat with teh box of cookies on her knee " hope your not eating them all ?" he asked finding he wanted some too and smiled thought he glanced at Jess who chuckled .

" its ok i can make more " she said and smiled at Steven as jack kissed her behind her ear and she chuckled " hey not there " she sid and stood up " khaat your welcome to them i'll make some fresh ones and apricot scones too , Kat e i would like some help with dinner though , if its ok " she asked loking at her " im kinda stuck " she admited to them " I have to admit i don't envy Angus with all the things he has to do " she smiled at him .
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:03 am

"Be my guest," Kate said. "Do you have something specific in mind for lunch or dinner? "

"Kate, I would love it if you would make your spaghetti sauce," Robert said.

"Oh my dear! I haven't made that in..." she stopped, trying to think.

"In years," Robert finished for her.

"What made you think of that?"

"I found the wine cellar when I was downstairs. There is a wonderful Merlot you can use in your sauce."

"You might want to see if we need anything from the supermarket, Kate, first," Angus said.

"I'll do that. Jess? I saw some brilliant fresh vegetables in the refrigerator, What about some chef salads for lunch? Maybe some Asian chicken salads? Or a tropical chicken salad? I had planned to leave you in charge of the kitchen, but I will be happy to help if you could use an extra hand."

Khaat handed the cookies to Brian, who took a chocolate one and passed them on to Stsven, "Better get one while you can, before it gets to Jack," he laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:17 am

Steven chuckled as Brian comented that jack would eat the lot " yeah better hand " he said seing teh sparkle in his eyes as he took one , he tok a second and threw it to Jack under arm who cthen caught it and grinned as he bit into it and smiled " thats the ticket or bisket in this case "

Steven groaned at his pun and ate his own as he stood his arms folded across his chest as he stood at the window .

Jack finished his quickly and sat back on the chair loking at jess .

Jess smiled at Kate " your help would be apreciated Kate " she said and smiled " that sounds great , theres wholemeal spagetti in the cupboard and i did see some chicken in the fridge , i like the Asian chicken idea Kate " she sid and moved into the kitchen to prepare it all for kate.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 48 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 43 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top