The Ties That Bind - Page 20
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Ties That Bind - Page 20 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Ties That Bind

Page 20 of 48 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 34 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Ties That Bind - Page 20 Empty Re: The Ties That Bind

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:00 pm

"Thanks, Jess," Khaat said. "I guess I really was hungry. I feel better. And you're right. I need to leave that to Daddy. I'm sure he has it well thought out. He always does."

Robert hung up the phone and summoned Brian. They met briefly and Brian's face became grim. It was taking his team into unknown territory. Brian was rarely anxious about leading his team, but this time was very different.

"Call your team, Brian. Lets see what they've got," Robert said. Robert believed in them, and he believed they had skills that, so far, they hadn't had to use. Well, tonight would be very different."

"Does Khaat even know how to fire a gun, Robert?" Brian asked.

"She's not a sharpshooter, but she can do this. She's better with a blade, but she can fire a pistol. Get your team."

Brian got up and summoned all the team members. Khaat heard the page upstairs, too. "We'd better go, Jess," she said. "I might be able to get downstairs if I just apparate, rather than trying to walk down there."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:09 pm

jess nodded as she heared Robert summon them down " i'll come with you " she said and moved closer to her aperating both down to the living room and to the couch just as jack and Steven arrived from the stables .

"whats up Robert ?" asked Steven as he walked in a hoof print clearly on his chest " don't ask " he said but jack chuckled as he clearly knew what had happened .

" he got knocked on his butt buy a horse " he said and smiled as he moved to jess his need to hold her again clear as he wrapped his arms around her , she imidialy pulled away.

" eww you smell of horse manure" she said and held her nose as she moved next to cassidy " come back to me when you've had a shower" she said smiling at him.

Cassidy walked in from the kitchen her arms folded " ok what it this time ?" she asked as she stod watching jack and jess she gave a sigh and shook her head waiting for his word.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:26 pm

Robert was a bit surprised to see Khaat joining the team. He had figured she would not be up to it, but he was proud that she had. Brian went over and sat on the sofa with Khaat, taking her hand. "How's your head?" he asked her softly.

"Better for the moment," she said.

"Dont push," he said. Angus apparated downstairs and limped his way to a chair and sat there, joining the group.

"I asked you all here in order to tell you my plan for dealing with Kieran's enemies. They believe they own him, and essentially, they are making claims on Brian's assets that they believe are Kieran's. I wont' let them take a cent from Brian and Khaat. I could care less what happens to Kieran, really, but we do need to clean this up. So, I have set up a face off between them and us. A meeting. Yes, it is just with a bunch of muggles, but do not underestimate them. They are powerful muggles. They have massive amounts of deadly weapons. Guns that can fire repeatedly faster than you can fire your wand. We will not be guilty of underestimating them. They have biological weapons, knives, explosives. We will go into this wisely. Understand me? Now--I need to hear from each one of you if you have any ability whatsoeever to use muggle weaponry, and if so, what. Some of you, I know can do this. Some of you, I don't. I need to know now. We may not have the ability to use our wands tonight. We may need to keep them in our pockets. So--what can you use?"

"I'm pretty fair with a blade," Khaat said.

"Agreed," Robert said. "You are. And Brian is pretty well rounded. He can use a blade or a gun. So can I. "

"I can use a blade, a pistol and a rifle," Angus said.

"Excellent. What about the rest of you?" Robert asked.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:36 pm

Steven stepped forward and coug hed " blade, gun and my fists " he said I have my ranger training " he said and looked at jack and cassidy " what bout you guys" he asked seeing jack thinking he'd not seen him use anything but magic the same with Cassidy .

Cassidy looked at Robert she had her street figting but that was about it " I am not realy sure but i can street fight " she said " it was a necessity when i lived on the streets " she said looking slightly embarased to admit such a thing to them " I didn't use it because with you all its magic but i do have some not sure how proficiant i am " she said loking at Robert right in he eyes .

Jess looked at Robert and shook her head " I don't have anything but magic so i'll stay here as healer incase some one is injured " she said and smiled at Robert " i don't mind besides some one has to lok after Angus."
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:07 pm

"Then we're set. I will have weapons for you all," Robert said. "Oh, and in case you're wondering, yes, we are taking Kieran with us. He's our power, our ticket in and our bargaining chip. But we must make sure he does not get killed tonight. He needs to safe with us. If not, then all we do falls apart and Brian looses everything.

"We will be traveling together," Brian said. "7:30, so we arrive by 8. Be well fed, rested, and warmed up for fighting. I expect you all to have enough time in the gym to warm up. Angus, I need you here with with Jess. I need you two to be ready to provide something warm and nurturing and calming for the team when they come back. This isn't going to be easy or stress free. Remember, the goal is for us all to come back alive tonight. We know we can trust each other. But we don't know what the hell Kieran will do. He could make this or break it. You cannot afford to trust him--no matter what. I expect you to act in partners. Don't do anything alone. Our organization doesn't do anything alone. You all know that. Cassidy and Jess--is dinner going to be ready that we can eat before we go, and soon enough that we're not going on overfull stomachs? We all like to eat, and it would be very easy to overeat and then be too full and sluggish. We need to be fed in decent time."

"Khaat," Robert said. "If you have your headache when its time to go, you're grounded. It will make you slow, and that makes you a liability. I'd rather have you stay here."

"Understood," Khaat said. She didn't like it, but she didn't disagree. He was right. "Please tell me you are not arming Kieran."

"No, Definitely not," Robert said. "And I have yet to tell him he has to go face them tonight. I doubt he'll be overjoyed to hear that."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:18 pm

Cassidy looked abck into the litchen when Robert said to be well fed " yes sir its ready to lance ata go now " she sid and nodded to jess who with a nod to Khaat moved to the kitchen holding her nose as she passed jack who chuckled and got the hint ,

" ok ,ok i'll shower " he said and shook his head as headed for the shower in the bedroom and a clean pair of clothes.

Jess dished up the hot pot along with the vegtables and fresh coffee tea and fruit juice henhanced with vitamins that she knew would help them. Cassidy sat down and poured out teh coffee for her self as jess moved to the living room .

" dinner is ready come and get it , jacks is in the oven already for when he finishes in the shower " she said smiling as she made a plate float for Angus " I took the liberty " she sid and placed down a napkin and handed him his cutlry before heading back to the table and sitting next to Cassidy smiling " you'll be fine stop worrying " she said feeling her tenshion.

"Im not....ok so I am worried, I haven't used my hand to hand skills in like months" she said glanced at Robert " I don't want to make a mistake that will get some one killed or hurt." she said
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:29 pm

"Then we'll brush up after dinner. Brian, you up to it?" Robert asked.

"Certainly," Brian said.

"Thanks," Angus said to Jess when she brought his plate. "It looks great."

"Not so hard, though. I need you all unharmed. I dont' want anybody being banged up in practice. Stay healthy," Robert said. "And this is a good choice for tonight. Not a lot of starchy carbs to overload on. We don't need energy peaking in the car and bottoming out before we get there.

"Oh, I just had a thought," Khaat said. :I'll be right back." She went to the pantry and found a box of organic chicken stock. She opened it, added a little seasoning, poured some into a mug. She heated the stock with her wand and took the mug upstairs. She didn't enter the bedroom where Kieran was. Instead, she floated the mug into him.

"Afraid of me, Tart?" he laughed.

"Drink that. You're going to have a long night," she told him.

"What'd you put in it?" he frowned.

"Salt, a dash of poultry seasoning, some parsley. Nothing more," she replied. "Your choice. Drink it or don't. But you're liable to be hungry before we get home."

"Home? What the hell do you think you're doing with me?" he demanded.

"I'll tell you later. My dinner is getting cold," she said, turning and walking back to the table. She saw everyone looking at her. "Don't worry, I didn't go in. He couldn't get to me. Its all good. I don't want him going on an empty stomach either."

"He'd better not hurl in my car," Brian mumbled.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:48 pm

Cassidy smiled feeling a bit more comfortable with the practice before hand at least she would know waht she knew and what she had forgot . jess smiled " told you " she said softly Cassidy smiled back at her she nodded and ate her food quietly she noticed so did every one else . Cassidy noticed when Khaat stood up and made the broth and sighed " damn I thought you would for get " she said softly

Jack washed and changed his clothes returning to the table about an hour later smelling a lot better as he found jess kising him a she sat beside him finishing her own food . " so did I miss anything?" he asked as he started to eat his meal.

steven smiled and looked up " ow only prefight training " he said looking " Cassidy 's sujestion " he said now over his cup of coffee. Jack chuckled and looked at her.

" Its ok we don't bite " he said and smiled at her she smiled back at them both.

" you might not but I do" she sid and snapped her teeth chukaling at them.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:59 pm

Khaat laughed at them having fun at dinner. She could see the stress mounting on Brian through dinner, and she reached over and simply laid her hand on his. He smiled, glad to have her there. "The hot pot is good," Khaat said. "I haven't had that in a long time. Nice choice. Thank you." She looked up to see Angus's dish coming back out and floating for the serving bowl of the hot pot. She stood up and snatched it out of the air.

"That's Angus language for 'Seconds, please,'" Khaat laughed. She dished him up a second portion and sent it back into him and sat back down. When she finished eating, she said, "I'm going to go change for the night. I'll be right back."

"I should go change too. Thank you both for a wonderful dinner," Brian said. She took both of their dishes and took them to the kitchen. They went upstairs to change. Robert waited until they had gone upstairs and then he spoke.

"Brian is used to standing up for others. He's not used to people standing up for him. He's having a tough time knowing you are all risking yourselves for him tonight. Just be there for him. You all can talk with him about it later, when he won't be distracted. And if I know him, when its over, you won't need to talk to him. He'll just know. If you'll excuse me, I have to change too. I need to look, well, impressive. This is one time I need to look scary as hell," Robert said. He flicked his fingers, sending his dishes out to the kitchen. He needed to go up, change into some miniaturized clothes in his large bag, and then he needed to get Kieran ready. "I'll meet you all downstairs in about ten minutes. If anyone needs to change, you'd best do it soon. We need to go soon."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:10 pm

Cassidy and jess laughed " ow that give is the seal of aproval angus style " Cassidy said now grinning as she saw Khaat send the bowl back again . she looked at Robert as he spoke after Brian and Khaat had left the room finsinf it hard to listen to what he was saying " Im fine as I am ,i'll shower when we get back" she said and trasphigured her clothes to dark trousers and top along with a trademark hat she had worn that first day back in the hospital.

Jess shook her head and chuckled at Cassidy but just slid the plates off the table and into the dishwasher for washing " youll be fine " she said and walked over tiliting Cassidys hat to her left ." there now you look the business " she said and both chuckled " but rember..." she slipped out cassidys wand " no wands or magic" she then handed her it back.

Cassidy smiled and nodded as jess reminded her of no magic " thanks jess " she said taking her wand back seeing teh motherly look on the womans face " I'll be fine" she said more to reasure her self than talking to Jess
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 48 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 34 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top