The Ties That Bind - Page 37
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Ties That Bind - Page 37 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Ties That Bind

Page 37 of 48 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Ties That Bind - Page 37 Empty Re: The Ties That Bind

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:33 am

"Shoes, Robert," Kate said. "She's okay. That much I know. But think. What's the first thing she shops for when she's stressed."

"Shoes," Brian replied, nodding. "Her closet is loaded with them. She has more shoes than any ten women should have."

"I'll go to Beverly Hills. Steven, you go check the shop she loves in Diagon Alley. She might have thought of that too," Robert said. "Let's not be gone long. Jess, keep breakfast hot. Hopefully this own't take more than a moment or two."

Brian accio'd Khaat's wand to give it to her and took his own out of his pocket, along with a handful of portkeys which he passed out to the men. "There's also a place she likes in Venice. I'll go there. Find her, Guys. And don't be seen popping in and out." He portkeyed out to Venice.

"Be right back," Robert said. He apparated to Beverly Hills. It was not light yet there. The high end shops were not open yet. This would be a lot like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Meanwhile, Khaat found herself standing in the most expensive designer shop in Beverly Hills. The shop was closed, and she was standing in the shoe department. The only lights on were the security lights in the store. She was going to try to find her way out, knowing she didn't belong in here, and then she caught sight of a pair of red plaid stiletto heels that she fell in love with. She took them off the display and slid them on her feet, unable to resist. "Oooh!" she smiled, loving the look. She thought they would be perfect with a black dress with a red belt. "I have to have these," she said happily, not thinking about how she was alone in the store. That got her browsing the display. She found a boxed pair of the red plaid and then found some creme colored ones that had a beautiful spring floral print. Easter and the girl's birthdays entered her mind. She decided she had to have those too.

When Robert caught up with her, finally, she had six boxes stacked on a chair. "You do realize that muggles have hidden cameras that tape every move you make in this store, don't you? he sighed.

"They do?" she looked up at him blankly.

"Yes. This is no time for shopping."

"But they have really great shoes!" she protested. He sighed, shaking his head.

"Buggar," he said, "I really will have to cause an international incident to get you out of this, won't I?"

"Can I keep the shoes?" she asked.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:39 am

steven nodded " for got that one" he saidn and moved from the table porting back to the allye beside the shop walking out he saw no sigh of her and decided to hang around for a little bit seeing nothing and no sign of her he ported back into the living room "shes not in the alley " he said and watched Jack port back shaking his head to.

"sorry no sign of her in paris"he said " that leaves Brian " he said some what out of breath " had to run from an irate poodle , no sure why but boy did it hand a set of teeth" he said chuckaling as he moved to jess .
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:52 am

"And here's me, using magic in an unauthorized area in foreign country," he sighed. He flicked his wand at the security cameras and made them completely disappear. The whole security system gone in a flash.

"Ooooh!" she said snatching up a pair of sleek little gold sequined heels. "And those!"

"Will you stop?" he said. "That's enough. God, how does Brian put up with you sometimes?"

"He loves me," she beamed.

"So do I, but I"m not exactly thrilled with the idea of spending my last years in my own prison because you wanted to go shoe shopping. Come on! I"m going to have to talk our way out of trouble with their magic control unit as it is! Grab the boxes and come on!"

She scooped up a boxed pair of the gold sequined heels, adding it to the stack as he grabbed her elbow.

"The things I do for you!" he sighed, apparating back to the house in Colorado. Brian saw Robert apparate back, with Khaat on his arm with a huge stack of shoes.

"How'd you find someplace open?" he frowned.

"They weren't," Robert sighed. "We're in trouble."

"Yeah, but wait til you see what I bought!" she gushed excitedly.

"Stole, my darling," Robert said. "They're not paid for yet. Expect us to be invaded by the American magical control unit within the hour. Dress respectable, all of you. This is going to take diplomacy of the highest order to keep us all out of Azkaban."

"Eh," she waved those thoughts away. "You'll handle it."
"Sometimes you have entirely too much confidence in me. Go change."

"Ohh. I know just the dress," she reached for the box with the floral print heels.

"You can't be wearing the evidence!" he stopped her. "Go. Brian--do NOT let her out of your sight." He snatched the box back from her. Brian led her upstairs, laughing.

"You're going to make your father have a conniption, you do know that, right?" he asked, as he took her upstairs.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:05 am

Steven sat he stood up when robert returned with Khaat in toe , he shook his head and sighed " yes sir " he said checking around the area as he did seeing nothing yet he stood out on the balcony watching the main driveway while he heard jack inside talking to Robert about Khaats unsuhual behure.

"Robert why is she acting this way ?" he asked " did tht blow she took knock all reason out of her to steal , thats so not like her, Im worried " he said and jess joined him also looking worried at khaats actions .

"yes im worried too Robert i have never seen her like this before " jess said and moved to hold jack tight ageinst her .
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:17 am

"Well, first of all, you don't get what really happened," he said. "Its not as bad as you think. She wanted the shoes. You know how she loves really good shoes. And the store was not open. So what was I to do? Leave a note with a wad of American bills on the counter with my fingerprints all over them? Or maybe a handful of sickles from our own wizarding world? Not a good choice. Muggle stores have camera security systems, which I had to totally disapparate to protect her from being conficted of breaking and entering, even though it was a magical accident.

"As it is, the use of magic just for her apparating into the store was enough to notify the American magic department. Let alone my protecting her by making their security system just vanish forever. So, I let her take the shoes. I actually told her to take them if she wanted them. Don't forget--I am still the Minister of Magic. So who do you think the Americans are going to contact? Me! I'll have to explain it. I'll be strongly lectured, I'll pay for the shoes and the security system as a sign of good faith and that will be that. In the scheme of things whether or not she brought the shoes back with her was the very least of our problems.

"As for why she's a little bit out of her normal character? Well, she does have a concussion, and Brian had to give her some extra potions during the night to keep her comfortable. They will not mix exceptionally well with her head. You lot need to trust me. Do you think we both suddenly turned criminal or something? I really thought you knew us both better than that. Why would I let her just swipe 7 pairs of exclusive designer shoes? Of course as wizards any of us could get away with it, but it just isn't done. Not on my watch, anyway. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to put on a suit." He went upstairs to change before coming back down to finish breakfast.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:30 am

steven nodded in silant aprioval and stood silently keeping his vidgial on the balconey. He saw jess walk back to the kitchen leaving jack alone.

" hes right " she said and walked back into the kitchen to finish dinner hoping kate would not be too long with khaat but understanding she was her piority at that moment.

Jack sat looking at the stairs where Robert had gone he understood what was going to happen and shook his head as he stood up and walked to the balcony " this is all confusing " he said seing steven shaking his head.

" just keep everything open for anysigns of activity " he said pointing to the main gate " though i suspect Robert will know before we do " he said his eyes catching sight of an eagle in the sky over head ad he chuckled to himself " wonder if thats archangel?" he said softly but knew it could not be or a best ot was one of his offspring.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:56 am

Kate had gone up and changed. She chose a pair of tan silk slacks and a white blouse that crisply pressed, making it look rather clean and elegant. She had put just a simple gold chain around her neck and left it at that. Robert had selected an expensive suit in dark gray. It was one of the best he owned. He wanted to portray a powerful image today and that he had more than enough resources to handle whatever they would throw at him. He hated having to dress the part, but he had little choice.

Brian had chosen sharp suit in a light brown color. He was dressing to show power but deliberately to not overpower Robert. And he selected Khaat's clothing himself. He wanted them to see that she was not well. He did not want her looking vibrant and the picture of health. What he chose for her was simply a casual day dress that he did not like. He had never liked it because it made her look pale and thin. It was a black dress with a white print. He hated the dress. And it was too big on her now anyway. He sat and looked at it after she had changed. He gave it a lot of thought. He took a royal blue colored sash and had her use it instead of the belt to try to give it at least a halfassed attempt at looking good, as if she would have tried to make it look right. Because of her unsteadiness on her feet he chose a pair of black shoes that had low kitten heels. He made her go without makeup so that the bruise and the goosegg showed its terrible black and red and blue colors on her forehead. As an afterthought, he taped a white dressing over the wound, as if she were trying to conceal it. The only jewelry he allowed for her was a simple pair of tiny silver hoop earrings. After looking at her carefully, He decided she was ready. This was a bit of staging, but he didn't want her going to Azkaban for an accident either.

Angus grew lazy about the whole business. He never did go upstairs to change. Rather, he transfigured his pants to a pair of black slacks and a plain shirt. No muss, no fuss. Kieran refused to change. He was already waering khaki slacks and a simple sportshirt and saw no reason to change.

Robert came downstairs and saw the eagle circling in the sky. "Hm. A scout," Robert said. "They know where we are. They'll be here shortly now." Brian brought Khaat downstairs. Robert studied each person and made minor adjustments. "No one need speak unless spoken to. And then, answer only what they ask and no more. Do not elaborate in any manner. If they ask a question in a yes or no manner, simply answer yes or no. Do not offer any additional information. Try your best to let me do all the talking if you can. Remember, all I want them to know is that you are Khaats bodyguards. Nothing more. Stick to that. Understand?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:11 pm

The Ties That Bind - Page 37 Thebodyguards
**************************************************************************************************

Steven transfigured his clothes into a smart suit he did the same to jack who nodded and stood with him he heard Robert and nodded " jack be on your guard " he said and looked around he knew this was more for apearance sake. He saw Robert and stood up straight as if back on the force jack did the same giving his best 'trying and find out ' apearance. Both listened to Robert and nodded " Yes sir " they said in unison. before moving abck out to stand watching the main drive again only to see two black cars heading there way " Robert two cars coming this way " Steven shouted back inside as he walked in to stand behind Khaat his arms behinf his back as Jack walked and opened the front door for the men who sat in the cars as they pulled to a stop.

Jess choose to stay in the kitchen changing her clothes to proper chefs whites to give the impreshion she was just the cook so she could keep an eye on the diner as she busily prepered it forwhen the men left and they could relax again. She sat down with a cup of coffee and listened to what was going on out side in the living room. she looked down at the drive and saw the two black cars and sighed pushing a small ball of cookie dough back and forth.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:00 pm

Robert looked out the window and saw two limousines pulling up the drive. “Showtime,” he said to his staff. Five men got out. Robert picked out 4 bodyguards and the fifth was the American ambassador to the department of magic who served in Britain. Robert knew him as an acquaintance only. When they came to the door and knocked, Brian opened it. They flashed FBI id’s and entered without invitation. Robert stood perfectly still. When the Americans looked and saw Robert standing there, they were thunderstruck.

“Good morning, Gentlemen,” Robert said.

“Minister Lupin?” the ambassador frowned. “What brings you here?”

“Well,” Robert said, “Two things. Ministry business, and family business. The ministry business is why you’re here, no doubt.”

“Yes. We were alerted to unauthorized magic in the predawn hours of the morning. We traced it here.”

“Certainly you did. That’s why I’m here.”

“British ministers generally do not interfere with matters on American soil, though.”

“True enough. This, though, merits an exception.”

“In what way?”

“Perhaps we should go and discuss that very thing.”

“Very well,” The ambassador said. Robert turned to Jess. “We will be in the office down the hall. Could you please bring us a tea tray? And Brian, make sure our guests are comfortable. We will return. Khaat, I might need you. Don’t wander off.”

“No, of course not,” Khaat said. Robert led the ambassador down the hallway to the house’s home office. Brian looked at the ambassador’s bodyguards.

“You’re welcome to sit. We don’t bite. And this could take awhile,” Brian said.

“Who are you?” one of the men asked.

“Brian Quinn. This is my home—mine and my family’s.” The guard looked at the girls in the playpen
“Yours?” he asked.

“Yes. Mine and my wife’s.”

“You’re not married. I’ve read your dossier.”

“Then your dossier is out of date. I am married to the Minister’s daughter, Khaat Lupin. The girls are mine and hers. Tea or coffee?”

“No thank you,” the bodyguard said. He looked at Khaat. “Aren’t you a judge or something?”

“That is what your country would call it, yes,” Khaat replied calmly.

“What do you know about this?”

“Let’s leave that to my father, shall we?” she replied.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:26 pm

Steven nodded as the two bodyguards and the man he took to be a minister walked into the room he stratened and watched them closly not saying one word but nodding as Brian spoke . Jess moved from where she stood and nodded to Robert " yes sir " she said and moved into the kitchen taking out a silver tea pot and cups she made tea and a pot of coffee and walked back to the room he had said and knocked but waited for him to say she could go in the tray silver like the tea pot,suger bowl and milk jug she had found she was pleased as it seemed to be all professional just as a minister would have .

steven watched from where he stod at the french doors Jack stood to his right both now taking the eyes off the men he saw Jack take a deep breth and shook his head Jack relaxed again. He didn't want him to give away that he was part wear wolf even thought they would probably know it from the so called dossier they held. He wondered just what his would say and glanced at one man his body laugage told him he'd meen a bodyguard for several years standing tall a buldge tld him he was armed both with gun and wand the same was for the other man too the buldge in the cut of his well tailored suit told steven that much .
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 48 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top