The Ties That Bind - Page 43
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Ties That Bind - Page 43 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Ties That Bind

Page 43 of 48 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Ties That Bind - Page 43 Empty Re: The Ties That Bind

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:43 pm

"Pregnancy is not a reason for firing," Kate said. "Robert is a healer, not a dictator. He is, however, a healer first and foremost. He will not allow her to put herself in jeopardy. She'll have to shift her duties if she is going to work through her pregnancy--unless she has so many symptoms that it affects her work. If that happens, he would probably put her on medical leave. If I know him, he'll just wait and see how it goes. You should know by now that he won't put her in active battle, but he will allow her to work so long as she's able to deal with it. If its too much for her, he'll put her on an extended leave."

"Thank you, Jess," Khaat said quietly, taking the mug from her. She saw Dakota and Abbey both reaching for her. She took a baby in each arm and took them into the living room and put them on the floor with toys and sat down with them on the floor. She put her tea on an end table and began to play with them. They were delighted, giggling and laughing. Max curled up on her left, and Mo curled up on her right, just watching the girls play.

She hadn't been on the floor for very long before the guys came through the door in rather a big pile. "So who won?" Khaat asked.

"I have no idea," Robert laughed, a bit winded.

"Me neither," Brian agreed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:52 pm

jess smiled at Kate " yeah I should know that i worked part way threw mine , well she didn't have any symtoms apart from moodyness so she could be ok I guess but she can stay with Angus in battle situations " she said and smiled at Khaat " my pleasure " she said to her and watched her playing with the girls , it was then she saw the men return and handed out teh orange jiuce to them all ice made the glasses frosty and she smiled . " this should cool you down " she raised an eyebrow when they said they didn't know who won. She looekd at jack as he walked in " so?" she asked " what happened why don't you know who won?"
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:08 am

"Well, Robert can't do anything without training," Brian said.

"Neither can you," Khaat said.

"Me?" Brian frowned.

"Yeah. You."

"Well, anyway, Robert began training and we all got caught up in training instead of competing."

"Alright, go run it again," Khaat said.

"What!" Brian laughed.

"You heard me," she said. "Go run it again."

"No," Brian repeated, taking a drink of the orangeaid. "I like this a lot, especially the fresh fruit you have in it. Nice. Very nice. It would be good for you, Khaat."

"I have tea."

"Get some juice," Brian ordered.

"You are allowed to have more than one beverage at a time," Robert said. "Juice would be good for you. So would the fruit." Kate brougth forth another glass and gave it to Khaat. She took a sip.

"It is good," Khaat said. "I could get to like that a lot."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:15 am

Jess chuckled and shook her head at the banter poring out the glass for Khaat that Kate took " its one of kates ideas and I agree it is good " she said and smiled watching jack down a second glass " hey save some for the rest of us " she said and moved the pitcher away from him " give him a glass he takes the pitcher " she said and chuckled setting it in the fridge again to keep cold and away from jack 's hands. Jess moved to sit in the living room with khaat and smiled as dakota moved to a couch and pulled herself to her feet.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:36 am

Khaat smiled, proud that her girls could now pull themselves up and stand if they hung onto things. She cold hardly believe it had been almost a year. Her mind drifted to wondering what they would look like when they graduated from wizarding school. And Khaat's personal preference now was not Hogwarts. Much as she liked Doyle. She would not have her children being taught by Death Eaters. Her preference was to send them, if she were still Headmistress ten years from now, to Anais Benoit at Beaxbatons.

"What are you thinking so hard about?" Brian bent down and stroked her cheek.

"The girls. And, well, whatever this one is. Ten years or so from now they'll all be going to school and I don't know where. I don't know what our world will be like then. Or if we'll even have one."

"Might not be the best to let your thoughts go there, my dear," Robert said gently. "Take things as they come. You cannot afford the stress. Your first pregnancy was so difficult, and you are still so underweight. We cannot possibly take even a single chance. Understand?"

"You're that afraid?"

"Yes. I am," he said bluntly.

"Then maybe we shouldn't do it."

"Rob's bloody asinine potion doesn't give you any other choice, my darling. You have to finish it." At his words, at knowing that even with all their skills, she had no choice, she got up and stormed out of the house. Robert sighed heavily.

"I need to go after her," Brian said.

"In a few minutes. She didn't expect that. Let her clear her head," Robert said gently. "When Rob makes a potion, there is always some negative side effect. This is the one she didn't expect. She has to follow it through."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:49 am

Jess moved to sit with the girls as she saw Khaat storm out she played with them to keep them occupied and sighed " guess the stress is realy getting to her " she said looking at Robert then at Abby who let go of the couch she was holding and stood for a moment on her own before sitting down with a look of disgust on her face . Jes chuckled " looks like this one won't be long untill shes on her feet " she said as Abby did it again. Dackota happy to just sit and watch. Jess smiled and looked at Dakota " guess shes watching to see how its done , she'll be on her feet soon"
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:03 am

"Remember they still were born one month apart," Robert said. "I think Khaat was thinking that she wanted to stop this pregnancy now. She loves Rob and Brian both, but she never seriously thought that she would have another child with Rob. She really wanted this one to be Brian's. But Rob's potion would make a damned Volkswagon pregnant. Gender and anatomy is completely irrelevant. So therefore, a traditional termination just won't work, even if there was some 'natural' means added to it. The fact remains, this was caused by magic, and cannot be reversed that bloody easily. Rob really needs to stop brewing these damned things. Khaat's guilt about this is getting to her."

"I've talked to her about that!" Brian said. "I really did!..."

"Brian," Kate said. "She feels like she betrayed you. She truly does love you. She would never ever hurt you. Not for the world. Maybe you need to let us women talk to her. This really is all new for her. Let us try and then if we fail, you try again. Be patient. She'll come around."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:19 am

Jess looked at brian and kate and nodded " Kates right, her hormones are all over the place , give her time " she said and sighed as she felt the anger and frustration that was coming from him directed not at one person in paticuler . This was starting to give jess and head ache and she rubbed her temples gently hoping to relive it even just a little and she looked at Robert " I have some things to do in the kitchen take some time with your daughters " she said and stood up pausing to take adeep breath asshe then moved out teh rom feeling the headache ease as she did but she headed for the balconey wondering if Khaat would be there enjoying the night air and clear skys that now sat above them.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:52 am

Kate found Khaat quite a long way from the house. She had found a large granite rock and had sat down upon it and, for the first time, she had a good cry. Kate went out and sat with her and talked with her a long time. They sat under the stars and Kate put her arm around Khaat and let her lay her head on her shoulder.

Robert looked at the others inside while Kate and Khaat were outside. "Khaat already knows that I'm withholding information from her. She just doesn't know what. And, yes. She's right. I am. For good reason. She nearly died having Abbey, and I won't take that chance again. I am asking you, as Khaat's closest inner circle, to simply trust me for now. Angus and Jess, Khaat's intake needs to be absolutely sterling. Perfect. She needs to make every calorie count. But it needs to increase from what she's doing now to include at least another 1,000 calories a day."

"What!" Brian and Angus both echoed at the same time.

"Calm down. But I am very very serious," Robert said. "1,000 calories a day or better. Every day. I'll give you all the other instructions as you go along. Believe me, I will be watching this on almost a day by day basis. I have no choice."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:57 pm

Jess looked at Robert and Angus something had to be big for him to want her to have that much intake and she knew it inside her it had everything to do with the pregnacy. " we'll sit down and think about a high calorie meals for her but ones she won't know shes taing that much in " she said calmly " im sure there are recipies out there, we could ask lizzy to send some over from sparks too " she said as she sipped her coffee sitting down with jack on the couch.

Jack loked at Robert but was now too tired and sore to say anything his run had took it out of him as Jessica sat with him he slid his arm around her and pulled her gently to him laying his head on her shoulder. " why so much calories ?" he asked her softly and fgelt ehr lean down to him.

" khaat is pregnat and with her low weight at the moment its dangerouse for her and the baby, do Robert is playing safe and giving her the extra calories she needs to put weight on" she said and kissed him gently io the top of his head as he looked at Robert.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 48 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top