The Ties That Bind - Page 29
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Ties That Bind - Page 29 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Ties That Bind

Page 29 of 48 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 38 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Ties That Bind - Page 29 Empty Re: The Ties That Bind

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:07 am

"Well, you certainly are a minority around here then," Kieran said rather quietly, taking a mug. "Thank you."

"What did your father say about your ankle?" Angus asked.

"Its just a sprain. He's set spells on it. I bet I can still outrun you tomorrow," she grinned.

"I bet you can too," he said.

"Cassidy," Khaat said. "They're all working up a sweat out there. I'm sure they would love something icy cold to drink. Do you think you could come up with something? Maybe, Kieran, you would be kind enough to take it out there to them?"

"Why not?" he shrugged. "I'm going back out anyway."

"Thank you," she smiled at him. He looked at her for a moment, and Khaat could see his mind was in overdrive. He wasn't saying anything, but he certainly was thinking.

"I..uh..need some fresh cigarettes," he said. He went upstairs to his room.

"What is it with you two?" Angus asked.

"Me?" Khaat asked. "Nothing. But I...I saw a different side of him during the night after Daddy was shot. He's, ..more than just all that arrogance on the outside. There really is more. I don't know if he doesn't even know it yet. But there is more."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:19 am

Cassidy nodded " sure Khaat " she thought for amoment then smiled " Angus has a good recipy for fresh squeesed lemonade I'll use that" she said and moved back into the kitchen after hearing keriran sday he wa headed for his cigarettes Cassidy shook her head " doesn't he realize those things will kill him?" she asked but then sighed " guess it is his choice there better than gambling i guess " she looked at Angus and Khaat and moved to make the lemonade once done she placed Ice in it and watched the condesation run down the cold jug. Grabbing several glasses she placed it all on a tray and waited her finger making patterns in the condensation as she sighed thinking back to that day in the pub when she heard Clay talking then after when he had spoken to her before the wedding of steven and dalilah explaining he was drunk when he called her those names and he didn't feel that way he wanted them to get together. she had agreed as long as he lay off the drink and to her suprise he ahd but now being away so long she wondered if he would slip back. No she shook the thoughts from her mind, she had to trust him to make his own choices if he ahd chosen her he would not drink again and seeing kerian like he was blind drunk bit hard into her.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:52 am

Khaat could see something was deeply disturbing Kieran. It bothered her. "Angus, could I borrow one crutch for a moment?" she asked.

"They're not sized for you," he said, handing them to her. She took them, and he waved his wand at them to temporarily resize them for her. She only took one and limped her way upstairs. She found Kieran in his room. He had taken out a pack of cigarettes and a silver lighter from a drawer and was tucking it into his jeans pocket. He looked at her.

"Tell me something," he said.

"If I can," she replied.

"Why are you nice to me?"

"Why were you nice to me when Daddy was hurt?"

"I have no idea," he said honestly.

"Fair enough. Am I still a tart?"

"I haven't decided. Why do you love my brother? What's he got?"

"Everything I need," she said softly. "I..don't remember when he wasn't my best friend."

"Is it the money?"

"No. I have my own. I had it before we got involved. The money has nothing to do with it,"

"Had to ask."

"Understood. Why are you such a skeptic?"

"Because people are shallow and cold," he said.

"Not all of them. Just all the ones you know. Hang around. You'll meet a different crowd. Maybe that's what you're seeing. Maybe thats why you're curious."

"Don't look too deeply into me, Honey. I guarantee you that under all the ice, there's just more ice."

"I'm not sure I believe that," she said softly. "Come on downstairs. Cassidy made some lemonade."

"Coming," he replied. She returned back downstairs.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:42 pm

Cassidy sat up and sighed poring her self a glass of lemonade leaving a second jar on the counter she saw kerian was busy and so was Khaat so decided to aperated down to the barn. First thing she saw was it was cleaner than she had first seen. " wow nice going, cold drinks every one " she said and saw a bail of hay to place it down on as she waited for them to stop working she saw steven luggung bails of fresh hay to each stall while jack cleaned out the next stall soon one side was clean and had fresh hay in it. She saw steven wipe sweat from his brow and walk over smiling as he pored and drank his first glass.

" wow thats good " he said and poured a second glass that he drank slowly he was glad of he cooling he felt threw his body at the cold lemonade as it slid down inside him. He sat down and smiled feeling he realy had done a work out . He'd even perswaded a family of mice to move into the hay loft and not be near the feed sacks with a promise he would visit and bring some food for them every day.

Jack saw the lemonade and sighed placing the broom in the equipmant room. walking back he too brushed sweat from his brow but also felt it run down his back as he moved to where the cold jug of lemonade sat . " Brian lemonade !!" he shouted not sure if he had gone back to the main house yet. retching the jug he pored a glass and sighed as he felt himself cooling off from the cold liquid as it cold his insides down " great lemonade Cassidy" he said and sat down next to Steven he watched a small mouse run across the floor . " hey ste, thought you said they were to stay in the hay loft?" he said and pointed to the small one that ran then sat infront of him.

Steven looked at it as it squeeked at him " she likes you jack but only came down to see why we'd stopped , shes going back now " he sid and the mouse scampered away as steven chuckled to himself . Jack shook his head as it disapeared threw a wall.

" better not follow me home " he said and chuckled himself . He looked at Cassidy who had been very quiet " go back to the main house I'll bring the empty jug and glasses back later " he said and Cassidy nodded and aperated back into the kitchen. She sat down for a moment then grabbed her glass and drank sitting back in the chair.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:13 pm

Brian came out from where he had been throwning bags of feed. He was breathing hard, dripping wet with sweat, and getting really tired. He was glad to see something cold and with ice. Robert looked at him.

"Brian," he said, "Come sit for a minute. Get a drink. Cool off. You are really overdoing it, Son. Come sit with me. Let's talk."

"I have things to do, Robert," Brian said.

"I know. Come sit. That's not a request." Brian came over and sat next to Robert.

"I know what you're doing," Robert said.

"And what is that?" Brian said.

"You're trying to do in one day all the stuff that you're beating yourself up about for not being here. Stop it. You still can only be one place at a time, wizard or not. And, the last I knew, your priority was on my daughter and my grandchildren."

"It is."

"Then, let this go. Stop beating yourself up for Kieran's laziness. Keep your priority straight in your head. I think your idea about letting the organization have full use of this is good. Lets fix it up and then you can go back with a clean conscience. Brian, sometimes it really is alright to follow your heart."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:22 pm

Steven listened to there conversation and nodded " sorry but hes right jack and I can finish up here , go spend some time with Khaat im betting shes thinking about you too " he said sipping his lemonade again watching there faces he knew how Brian felt he would be the same if a ranch of his was in disrepair and left to rack and ruin but he also knew as long as Delilah, Dylan and the twins were all right nothing else would seem inportant to him. Biuldings could be replaced and livestock brought back to health with TLC nothing could replace the one he loved or his kids and he knew Brian knew it too.

Jack watched thinking he probably should stay out of it but as Steven spoke he nodded his agreement too " yea we'll finish up " he said " besides I know my three will love coming here, the clean air and mountains , they can run around and tyer out , heaven for perants " he said and chuckled to himself " go to khaat and take a break boss" he said chucklaling as a chicken wandered past " ok thats is that chicken has illooded me too may times " he placed his galss down and moved after it . diving for it he missed and it flew to a low rafter and clucked as if laughing at him as he lay in the sawdust on the ground .
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:08 pm

"Alright," Brian said, grateful for their support and their wisdom. He finished his lemonade and walked back up to the house. He was filthy and dripping wet. He saw Khaat looking at him. "Have a good time?" she asked him.

"In a way. I didn't get enough done, though," he said.

"There is always tomorrow. Come sit with me."

"Oh no. Not til I shower. You really do want me to shower. Trust me," he said. He went upstairs. He showered and changed and felt worlds lighter. He chose fresh jeans and a fresh denim shirt and, this time, sneakers. He went downstairs, and sat with her. "God, I'm tired," he sighed.

"You look it," she said softly. She caressed his cheek. "Are you alright?"

"Fine," he said. "Khaat, what do we do with this place? I can't go through this again. I can't have this place and these animals falling into this sort of destruction again. I can't do it."

"I agree," she said. "I think we need to let the organization manage it for you. We're too far. We're too busy. Let's do what we do best and let them help us. After all, we depend on them for our lives, don't we? So? Lets let them handle this place--and Kieran. "

"And Kieran?"

"Yes. He needs a chance to be around people that will help him find out that not everyone is evil and manipulative. He doesnt' have the experiences anymore that we have. He doesn't trust anyone any further than he can spit them. I"m saying its time for a change. And--its also getting to be time for you to show us how much fun this place can be."

"Fun?'

"Yeah, you remember? Laughter, smiles, family, friends? You promised me fun. So step up!'

"Is that an order?"

"Yes," she said. He started with a very slow, affectionate kiss.

"I think those are fun," he said very softly to her.

"So do I," she smiled.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:45 pm

Cassidy walked out on to the balconey and looked down laughing a little as she saw jack being chased by a chicken around the front of the stables the chicken flapping and chasing him " seems jacks in abit of a flap " she said and looekd at Brian and Khaat but quickly looked back ." Sorry didn't know you were having a privet moment I'll head bak in" he said and moved back inside to sit on the couch inside feeling like she was missing something in her self and sighed.

Jack stood up and chased the chicken who suddenly stopped and started chasing him " steven get this thing off me " he said as he ran out side the chicken flapping behind him as he ran. Syeven could not help but laugh till his sides hurt.

" ok ok , miss chicken mind leaving my freind alone ?" he asked she clucked and walked oevr to him " don;'t worry he won't be going near the chicken coop, I'll get the eggs from now on. " he said and chuckled softly " she thought you were a fox since you small like a wild animal " he said and burst out laughing again " you realy should get stronger aftershave mate " he said as he saw jack laugh along with him.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:15 pm

"Cassidy," Khaat called. "Stop being so sensitive. You've seen us kiss before. Its not that big of a deal. If we need a room, we have one." Brian laughed.

"We don't need a room. Not yet anyway," he said.

"I just wanted him to stop being so hard on himself," Khaat said.

"I had no intention of leaving," Angus laughed. "I figured you two would quit eventually."

"And you were right!" Brian said, finally laughing. "So what are you doing for dinner tonight?"

"Ah, thats a secret. But I started it last night. Its in the works. I will need Jess and Cassidy to help me, though. And maybe you, Mate, if you aren't too busy."

"Me? You're grilling then."

"I am."

"I"m in," Brian grinned.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:37 pm

Jack walked with steven and brushed off the dust and straw from his clothes as he walked " why is it i look like i have been draged threw ahedge backwards and you look as just as clean as if you stepped out of a dry cleaners " he said and heard steven chuckle.

" becuse I know when to duck and not to annoy the chickens " he said and chuckled again as they reatced the main building holding the door open he watched the dust trailk he left " if i were you go wash , your trailing dust and straw in " he said seeing jess walk over to them smiling.

"wow what tot you do pick a fight with a horse?" she asked loking at him and chuckaling at straw in his hair .

" close jess it was a chicken " said steven as he moved to his room to wash and change reapering several minets later clean and hungry . He walked out onto the balconey " whats for dinner?" he asked smiling.

cassidy walked abck out and smiled " sorry " she said she had just stepped out when a letter dropped into her hand loking at Khaat she opened it and sat down " seem my father has been murdered and I have to go home , It says I have to speack to some soliciter tomorrow morning over his estate" she said loking up at them both.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 48 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 38 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top