The Ties That Bind - Page 28
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Ties That Bind - Page 28 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Ties That Bind

Page 28 of 48 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 38 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Ties That Bind - Page 28 Empty Re: The Ties That Bind

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:38 pm

"No," Brian laughed. "Not a thing. We're just unloading the new supplies." He motioned to the semi truck that was filled to the brim with supplies. "It all has to be done by hand. Its a huge job. I'm glad the foal is alright. Khaat and I really did just check on her. We weren't neglecting her. When we checked on her, all was well." Khaat looked at Brian. She heard the stress in his voice and felt it from him just as clearly as she felt her own.

"Brian," she said. "Relax. We were just there. We didn't do anything wrong. Its alright. You have help. You're not by yourself." He didn't say a word. Khaat sighed and went back to tossing bales of hay into the stables. She understood. The mess was not untangled yet. The last thing he wanted was for the horses to get out of control. He had not intended to breed them. Not right now. He did not want the responsibility of this new colt when the ones he had were barely alive. And having the colt some so suddenly after he had just checked only doubled his feelings of incompetence to manage this ranch. Khaat knew better. Brian knew what he was doing. This wasn't his fault. The ranch had not gotten this way overnight, and it wasn't going to fix itself overnight. And, if Kieran had been up to the task, the horses would not have mated when it was not at all what Brian had wanted. The timing on it was not good. Not for the mare, not for the colt, and not for the ranch, and certainly not for Brian. Khaat knew the thoughts that were still going through his head. He was still thinking of shutting down the stables, and he was beginning to think of selling the estate. It was the last thing he wanted to do, but he was feeling completely overwhelmed.

Khaat decided she was going to get him away for an evening. Perhaps a dinner for two, in town, Something elegant, wth candlelight and dancing.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:29 pm

Steven looked at Brian " its ok she hid it ," he said " shes still scared of him" he looked at keoran "but shes feeling much better and wanted me to say thank you " he said and beamed as he looked at the now standing foal the black and white horse he noted wanted to see the foal steven looked at him " hey cool it you'll see him in time " he said and the horse moved to the back of the stable. steven looked at Brian " hey your doing a great job and these animals know it they do like you it just takes time " he sid and rested his hand on brians shoulder " don't worry about it , they want to stay now , guess you could say there loyal to you and khaat now , well except him" he pointed to the black and white stallion who had sired the foal "hes all yours, he keeps asking when your going to take him out he wants to strech his legs, he also said." steven chuckled " he said he wouldn't mind carrrying your filly " he said looking at Khaat.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:45 pm

"I'm glad she's feeling alright," Brian said quietly. He had moved what looked to Khaat to be countless feedbags by lugging them by hand. He was sweating and was truly working hard at it. On one hand, she was glad to see him burning off some of the steam and stress, and the more out of sorts he was, the quieter he usually got. He wasn't saying much, but he was doing his best to work it out without becoming short with anyone. Khaat had been angry with Kieran for all of this, but she was seeing a softer side of him. She was losing her anger at him. She really didn't feel that way about him anymore. Rather, she just wanted to see him and Brian peacefully resolve their differences.

"He deserves to go out for a bit and stretch his legs," Khaat said in regards to the stallion. "If he can wait until we get the fresh supplies in, I'll take him out awhile. But this is going to take us awhile."

"We can unpack the tack tonight or tomorrow," Brian said. "The most important thing is to get the truck unloaded--all the feed and hay and straw."

"Can we get ourselves a hydrolic lift?" she asked him. "We could move entire pallats of supplies at once."

"Good idea. I'll order one. It'll make the job a whole lot faster, but without your help, I'd be at this for hours."

"Too bad Daddy can't be here. He loves this sort of work," Khaat sighed.

"I remember," Brian said.

"That old man can toss a feedbag?" Kieran asked, unbelieving.

"That old man can toss you," Brian said. "Don't under estimate Robert. That could be a serious mistake."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:00 pm

steven looked at the horse who nodded " yeap he can " he said then picked up a feed bag himself carrying it over and dropping it down in the pile and returning for another repearing it with them soon he slipped off his coat and placed it over the stable door. " well were all here im sure if we all pitch in it will get the job done quicker " he said and looked at them just as jack and jess pulled up in the pick up .

" hey guys I see you got the supplies " he said and jumped down from the truck " great let me help " he said and picked up two bags one on each arm as jess shook her head climbing down from her seat/

" jack stop showing off " she said and picked ip[ a smaller bag carrying it into the barn and placed it with teh others returning for more " hey this is fun" she said and chuckled as jack tapped her bottom as she passed him.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:15 pm

"Thanks," Khaat smiled. "That truck just looks like it gets more in it, the more we take out of it. I don't know if we'll ever get it all unloaded, but I am glad you're all here. I was just saying how much I know Daddy would like to be out here in the thick of things if he could be...."

"Who says I can't be?" Robert said, coming out, dressed in his work jeans and a work shirt. "I can unload tack and put it away. I might not be able to haul 50 pound bags of feed, but I can unpack boxes."

"I'm glad you're here," Khaat smiled. She went over and kissed her father's cheek.

"Do you think I would miss a chance to be out in a barn or a stables?"

"No. Although, you might check on the new colt. Just to be sure."

"I'd be happy to, my dear," he said. He went over to the stall and went in. Khaat just watched him. He just seemed to be in his element with animals. Healing. It was just who he was. And he had just that special touch when it came to any creature that was injured or ill. He wasn't there long before he pronounced both the colt and the mother to be in good health. He left them to settle in, and returned to the tack room to unpack boxes.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:38 pm

steven smiled when Robert said the foal and is mother were doing fine . he picked up another bag and walked in as jack picked up two again and he roled his eyes " come on leave some for us mortals ,man " he said and chuckled " you make me feel like a weakling " he placed it down and headed back again grining at jack.

" ow boy " said jess and she sat downj on a bail of hay " well you'll have this done in a bout sixty seconds there at it again , compatition time " she said and grinned as jack picked up two bags again and waited for steven " five ...four... three...two...one and...there off" she said watching jack dive past her just as sjh pulede up her feet and chuckled" they seem to do this a lot , its freindly though " she said and sat back watching as jack ran back passed again with two more laughing.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:57 pm

Khaat liked seeing people have fun while they were working. She diverted herself back to her own chores. She was getting a whale of a workout. and now she was having to stack bales on top of one another and the stacks were getting high. Between her and Kieran, they were really getting the bales of hay unloaded, and Khaat loved the smell of the fresh hay in the stables. It smelled green and clean--like summertime on the farm back home when she was a kid. She began to remember playing hide and seek in the fields with Brian...

And suddenly she was being shoved forcefully to the stable floor. She heard a loud cracking sound and felt pain in her ankle. A fraction of a second later there was a huge crashing sound. It took her a second to gather herself together before she realize what had happened. She found Kieran on top of her. Beside them was a broken wire cable and pulley system that was typically used to pull hay up to the loft. It was laying on the concrete beside them.

"Are you alright?" Kieran asked. She looked, confused at him, and then realized--Kieran Quinn had risked his life to save hers.

"I...I think so," she sai, uncertain, feeling definite sharp pain in her ankle. Her first thought was to discount it, though because she was so used to it hurting.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:08 am

Jess looked over and dove to Khaat " hey get off her !!" she said pulling him off Khaat and kneeling at her side " you allright , did he hurt you?" she asked helping her to sit up while jack droped his sacks and walked over picking her up and sitting her on a bail of hay. " your ankle let me look at it " she said and sighed " I don't think its broken again you were lucky " she said and looked at Kerian then the winch on the ground " guess it came loose with all the extra work it had to do " she said placing her hand on the ankle to dfraw off the pain to let Robert heal it .

Steven and jack stood watching not quiet understanding how and why keiran had done that, he ahd seemed a jurk to them but to save Khaat ment he had some good in him, not a lot but a little. Jack sighed and loked at Steven. " I know " he held up his hand " guess its true you can teach old dogs new tricks " he said and folded his arms across his chest watching keiran he could not help but think why had he done that was there an alternate motive.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:27 am

Robert had heard the crash and then the following upset. He knew that sound was not good. It meant something had gone wrong. He saw Brian dash past him, and he followed. Kieran was on the floor, going from laying to sitting. Khaat was sitting on a hay bale, and she was the center of attention. Kieran looked a bit like he had been wrongfully punished, about as much as Kieran was going to be sensitive about anything.

Khaat looked at Kieran, expressing her gratitude to him without words. Brian and Robert both kenlt and examined her ankle quickly. "Thank you for castin that pain spell so quickly, Jess," Robert said. "Its going to swell. Its just a sprain, but since it was so recently broken, its going to be painful and its going to really swell. Brian..." he began. Brian was already getting to his feet.

"I'm on it," Brian said. He went into the tack room and brought a large first aid kit. He found an elastic bandage in it, and he took her boot off and used the bandage to wrap her ankle securely. "I'll take her to the house," Brian said.

"Uh..Brian," Khaat began. "Why don't you stay? I"m sure Kieran won't mind taking me back."

"Me?" Kieran looked surprised.

"Yeah. You dont' mind, do you?"

"Um..no. Not at all," he said, awkwardly.

"I think its a fine idea," Robert said. "Thank you, Kieran." Kieran picked Khaat up and carried her back to the house. He put her on the sofa and went into the kitchen and brought her an ice pack wrapped in a towel.

"What happened to you?" Angus asked, frowning.

"It was an accident," Khaat said. "I..was clumsy. I'd have been killed if Kieran hadn't been there."

"Well, then we all owe you our thanks," Angus said seriously. "Thank you."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:47 am

Steven and jack watched as hess stepped back and moved to Jack who held her in his arms " its what your training me to do" she said and smiled warmly to Khaat she felt jack tense at the idea of keiran taking her back but relaxed feeling jess's hand between his shoulder blades. Steven though didn't like the idea but said nothing his arms were folded and a frown on his face.

Jess lent to Jack and spoke softly to him " if Robert thinks its agood idea then it is , he wouldn't let kerian take his daughter if he thought he was a threat" she sid and Jack nodded he agreed moving he headed back out to the stack of feed still on the back of the truck , as he passed Steven he grasped his arm " come on cowboy take it out on the feed bags" he said some what pulling him with him out side.

Cassidy was suprised to see keitan with Khaat she moved to the living room and stood quiet listening to the conversation between Khaat and Angus . She wanted to come back with something but chose to stay quiet she felt she had made her point and that had been enouph. Moving into the kitchen she picked up the kettle and boiled it to make fresh coffee for them all. poring out the mugs she walked in holding a tray and handed one to Khaat and one to Angus . Turning to keiran she sighed heavily and spoke " sorry about before " she said handing him a mug of coffee. " Guess there is a nice guy in there after all." she said and smiled a little as she picked up her own mug feeling maybe he ahd just been lead down the wrong path but now was moving to the right one .
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 48 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 38 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top